iGrafx Overview

iGrafx is the #18 ranked solution in our list of Business Process Design tools. It is most often compared to Visio: iGrafx vs Visio

What is iGrafx?
iGrafx business process management and analysis solutions empower organizations to achieve maximum performance. iGrafx captures and communicates the alignment of strategy, people, processes and technology, and unites the entire organization around delivering business value. iGrafx delivers strategic and operational decision support to enable our customers to become and remain world class competitors.
iGrafx Buyer's Guide

Download the iGrafx Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

iGrafx Customers
Multinational Bank
iGrafx Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about iGrafx pricing:
  • "My company is trying to replace iGrafx because the license is a little bit expensive."

iGrafx Reviews

Ahmed-Hussien
Telecommunications Process Improvement Suprevisor at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Sep 25, 2019
Provides comprehensive way to connect workflow and cross-feed documents, but needs support for multi-page processes

What is our primary use case?

I use it for a couple of things. It's mainly for plotting workflows in our organization, and we also use it as a repository for all the properties and the documents. It's also used in our approval process cycle. I'm dealing with a lot of the departments, many teams, and each team has to approve a process for themselves and share it across the company. The solution is on-premise.

• "Another good feature is that the numbering of the shapes in iGrafx is much easier and more convenient, in comparison to what is found in Visio. So far I haven't found anything similar to what I have with iGrafx, in that regard."
  • "Dragging and dropping shapes is not as user-friendly as in Visio. In Visio, it's very easy to work with shapes and in very few minutes you can plot a whole, multi swim-lane, cross-functional process."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate iGrafx at seven out of ten. I'm not giving it a higher score because it's not so easy, not that user-friendly. The interface needs to be more effective. I wouldn't give it less than seven because it's a really serious solution.
reviewer1314516
Quality Manager at a consumer goods company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Nov 11, 2020
Great BPMN feature; has greatly assisted the company in implementing procedural improvements

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution is for charting the processes in relation to the ISO 9000 standard, as far as the process goes. I try to use it as extensively as I can. If I see that a process flow chart is appropriate for any documentation, I try to use that instead of writing a procedure. We are customers of iGrafx and I'm a quality manager.

• "Provides a valuable BPMN feature."
  • "The price could be more competitive."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend using this as a cloud-based solution. I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.
Find out what your peers are saying about iGrafx, Microsoft, Software AG and others in Business Process Design. Updated: January 2021.
456,719 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AhmedKamel
Human Resources at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 23, 2019
Pre-defined templates and data analysis functions assist us with performance enhancements

• "This product fulfills ninety percent of our needs, and we're happy as users of it."
  • "It would be helpful to be able to do more analytics and generate reports on historical documents that have already been uploaded to the server."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. The top two are ARIS and iGrafx. Each of them has some advantage over the other, but in general, they're the tip top. This product fulfills ninety percent of our needs, and we're happy as users of it. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
StanVerstappen
Digitial Transformation Officer with 501-1,000 employees
Sep 29, 2019
Good for finding the right symbols but it should have more layers

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for business processes.

• "Finding the right symbol and creating links, horizontal and vertical are the features I use."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see more layers like three, four, and five. It might be possible but I haven't seen it yet."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a six out of ten.