iland Secure Cloud Backup OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

iland Secure Cloud Backup is #27 ranked solution in top Cloud Backup tools. IT Central Station users give iland Secure Cloud Backup an average rating of 6 out of 10. iland Secure Cloud Backup is most commonly compared to Veeam Backup for Office 365:iland Secure Cloud Backup vs Veeam Backup for Office 365. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is iland Secure Cloud Backup?

Whether it’s eliminating cumbersome tapes, or meeting long-term retention compliance requirements, iland’s Secure Cloud Backup integrated with Veeam Cloud Connect technology offers an easy and cost-effective cloud solution for your offsite backup and archiving needs. With direct integration and 100% compatibility with Veeam’s industry-leading Backup & Replication software, you can implement your next offsite backup strategy with the security and confidence backed by iland’s award-winning Secure Cloud platform.

Download the Cloud Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

iland Secure Cloud Backup Customers
bluestone, rentokil, BBA Aviation, gbe converge, navigator gas, omninet

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about iland Secure Cloud Backup pricing:
  • "The licensing costs are approximately $12,000 annually."
  • "iland is affordable."
  • "Billing practices for iLand are monthly. If you are a business and would like a yearly rate, good luck."

iland Secure Cloud Backup Reviews

ML
Senior IT Infrastructure Project Manager at a energy/utilities company with 201-500 employees
Easy to setup, reasonably priced, and the portal works well

• "They have just implemented a Backup and Restore portal that we think is very good."
  • "I would like to see a better method of backing up Exchange in the cloud."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to backup Microsoft 365 data, including SharePoint, Exchange, and Teams.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a better method of backing up Exchange in the cloud.

We have been using this solution for six months.

It's a stable solution.

The scalability is very good.

We can grow as much as we want and the cost won't exponentially go up.

We have approximately 450 people who are using Microsoft Office 365, which gets backed up through iland.

The technical support is very good.

The initial setup is straightforward and it took four hours to deploy.

We already had their secure data center, which may have helped and made a difference when we deployed this solution.

We completed the initial setup and deployment. We did not use an integrator, reseller, or consultant.

The cost is very reasonable. The licensing costs are approximately $12,000 annually.

We evaluated Commvault before choosing this option.

What other advice do I have?

We have not identified any issues with this solution and we are very happy with it.

For anyone who is interested in implementing this solution, I would suggest that they understand the restore process for Office 365.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

Brian Lippold
Network Administrator at BROCKPORT CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Good deduplication, easy to scale, and has good support

What is our primary use case?

In iland, they utilize Veeam. Veeam is a big partner of iland, the two of them work together, using a different backup solution with iland, and with Veeam, you don't have to use iland for the cloud backup.

What is most valuable?

iland is excellent as far as the interface. They do a great job at deduplication or compression.

What needs improvement?

They don't support a more current version of VMware.

iland Secure Cloud Backup is very scalable. If you ask them for more space, they provide you with the pricing, and they make the adjustments on their end.  We just recently went from 10 TB to 15 TB and they also do a great job of deduplication, because we were only using 10 TB, even though our…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

iland is excellent as far as the interface.

They do a great job at deduplication or compression.

What needs improvement?

They don't support a more current version of VMware.

We just recently went from 10 TB to 15 TB and they also do a great job of deduplication, because we were only using 10 TB, even though our SAN is 20TB, we were using 11 TB of it and we have some physical servers that were we are backing up.

Their technical support is very good. I have contacted them a couple of times and I have never had a bad experience with them. They are one of the better companies as far as their support.

I would rate them a nine out of ten.

iland is affordable.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate iland Secure Cloud Backup an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about iland, Veeam Software, AvePoint and others in Cloud Backup. Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MK
Director of In at a educational organization with 1-10 employees
User
Does not offer annual licensing, hidden cancellation fees, and slow to release updates

• "The service itself wasn't bad."
  • "The vendor needs to changes billing to work like every other business and stop charging people if they stop using your service."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is offsite backups and recovery.

How has it helped my organization?

This product did not help our organization. Billing is monthly and who is looking for 12 POs per year per company? After explaining to the salesperson how a fiscal budget works and signing on for 12 months, they wanted me to pay for two months before the end of the 12 months. This is the moment I realized it was time to move on.

What is most valuable?

The service itself wasn't bad.

What needs improvement?

The vendor needs to changes billing to work like every other business and stop charging people if they stop using your service. This isn't a gym.

They were slow to update once Veeam had a new version out.

Besides odd billing practices, they also hide a cancellation clause in their contract. Read the fine print!

We have been using iland Secure Cloud Backup for two years.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a three out of ten.