Imperva SecureSphere Database Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Imperva SecureSphere Database Security is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Database Security tools. It is most often compared to IBM Guardium Data Protection: Imperva SecureSphere Database Security vs IBM Guardium Data Protection

What is Imperva SecureSphere Database Security?

Imperva SecureSphere Database Security:

• Audits all access to sensitive data.
  • Alerts or blocks database attacks and unauthorized activities, in real time.
  • Detects and virtually patches database vulnerabilities.
  • Identifies excessive user rights and dormant users, and enables a complete rights review cycle.
  • Accelerates incident response and forensics investigations with advanced analytics.
Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Buyer's Guide

Download the Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Customers

BlueCross BlueShield, eHarmony, EMF Broadcasting, GE Healthcare, Metro Bank, The Motley Fool, Siemens

Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Imperva SecureSphere Database Security pricing:
  • "They have introduced new price models, which makes the product more affordable now."
  • "This is an expensive solution and the price should be reduced."
  • "The price is very high but compared to the price of the overall solution, then I think it's a good deal because the solution itself is great."
  • "It is very expensive."

Derrick Akankwasa
Cyber Security Engineer at Isolutions Associates Ltd (ISOLS)
Great discovery module feature; scans and blocks whatever is necessary

What is our primary use case?

Most of our clients are banks and insurance and financial institutions that want to achieve compliance. They want to achieve auditing for their regulatory compliances as well. On the database side, that includes being able to monitor DBS and to block certain activities on the DVF. On the application side, it also has to be preventative and that's also part of compliance. This solution enables clients to achieve data security, whether on cloud or on prem. We offer support services and we are a service provider for database security through Imperva and also application security through Imperva… more »

• "The discovery module provides good visibility."
  • "Reporting could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Imperva. I swear on it and try to pitch Imperva every time. I know its abilities, I know what you're going to get. I know how user friendly it is. It's easy to create policies. Reports are very okay. It's got various compatibilities, desk deployment, so Imperva is what I would recommend. I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.
EA
Core Banking Application Support at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Good granular auditing, but have had issues with the WAF and do not find it user friendly

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for monitoring database activities.

• "Currently, we have audit features for auditing databases, for example, granular auditing, which we really enjoy. We've been using it to check what users do."
  • "The solution is expensive."

What other advice do I have?

The solution is okay, however, there is a lot to be improved upon. For that reason, I'd rate them five out of ten overall. It's not a bad tool. It's a good tool. I tend to recommend it to others, however, if you're a small company, it may not make sense due to the fact that it is quite expensive.
Learn what your peers think about Imperva SecureSphere Database Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.
DK
Technical Account Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
The company's focus on their market sector makes them stand out from the competition

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the product for data security.

• "The technical support for Imperva is super, super, super."
  • "They have very good documentation and knowledgebase resources that add to the depth of their support."
  • "The company focuses on and has a passion for security."
  • "Imperva needs to improve their cloud capabilities."

What other advice do I have?

Imperva Security Sphere is something that I recommend any day, anytime because they are very much focused on security as a passion. So you find it has tons of capacity for scalability. It is focused on security. Even the solution's usability is very good. On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate this product as a nine scored out of ten possible points. Features that I would like to see to make it to ten-out-of-ten means that they will need to add a few things. First, they need to onboard database encryption features. Then they need to add some of…
AZ
Information Security Analyst at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
CounterBreach detection feature is a key benefit for us; management of the solution can be a challenge

What is our primary use case?

Our use case for the solution is for monitoring, reporting and access management as well as looking for alerts in anomalies of behavior. I'm an information security analyst and we're a customer of Imperva.

• "The integration with CounterBreach is great."
  • "Database security from the access management perspective could be better."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend including the entire team on the initial implementation because it's something that's not easy to pass along down the road. There's a lot to understand initially, and to upkeep it you have to know all that information. I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.
KW
Deputy Director/IT Infrastructure & Security at a educational organization with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good in terms of stability, but it is expensive and would benefit from better integration with other environments

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this product is as an application firewall.

• "This is a stable product."
  • "I would like to see integration such that there is support for different kinds of environments, such as on-premises versus cloud."

What other advice do I have?

We may or may not continue using this product in the future, and I may recommend it to others, depending on their environment. I would rate this solution a six out of ten.
RS
Presales Engineer at gwc networks
A comprehensive monitoring and auditing solution

• "It has a very user-friendly interface that's very detailed."
  • "Overall, it's a very good product but they could do with some modifications log-wise."

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend this solution. It's a very expensive solution, but if you have the budget for it, I would definitely recommend Imperva Database Security. On a scale from one to ten, I would give Imperva Database Security a rating of nine.
AP
Chairman & CEO at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
A stable solution with cyber intelligence feature for preventing threats to the database

What is our primary use case?

We use it to prevent threats to the database. It is like a firewall in front of the database servers.

What is most valuable?

The cyber intelligence feature is the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It is very expensive. Its price can be better.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is stable.

It is easy to scale technically, but it is so expensive.  We have about five administrators who use this solution.

Their technical support is very good. In a few situations, they took too long to respond. I would rate them a nine out…
GD
Information Security Specialist with 51-200 employees
It is user-friendly, stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

It is mainly used for database activity monitoring. Some customers use it to monitor all transactions in the database, such as privilege operations, grant commands. They collect all the data and see all transactions and store them. Sometimes, they also use security alerts with the database update monitoring, but generally, it is used only for regulations.

What is most valuable?

It has a user-friendly interface. It is a stable and scalable product.

What needs improvement?

Its reporting can be improved. The reporting feature is currently not good enough for our clients.

I have been using this solution for about five years.

Stability is its main…
Product Categories
Database Security
Download our free Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.