Inflectra Rapise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Inflectra Rapise is the #17 ranked solution in our list of top Test Automation Tools. It is most often compared to UiPath: Inflectra Rapise vs UiPath

What is Inflectra Rapise?
Rapise is the most powerful and easy to use test automation tool on the market. It allows you to quickly and easily automate the testing of your web, mobile and desktop applications. Why spend hours manually regression testing your applications when you can have Rapise do it for you?

Inflectra Rapise is also known as Rapise.

Download the Test Automation Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Inflectra Rapise Customers
- Soflab - RegEd - Intel - US Government
Inflectra Rapise Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Inflectra Rapise pricing:
  • "We pay no more than $50 annually for support of each one of the licenses."

Inflectra Rapise Reviews

Jorge Ambrosio
Quality Management Office (QMO) Manager at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Enables us to automate functional testing of end-to-end test cases for evaluating the impact on the databases

• "We always use the product for end-to-end automation test cases."
  • "It would be good if there could be more integration of Inflectra Rapise, since not all customers use the same tool for test management and automation integration."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for end-to-end automation with Salesforce. We automate all the authorization of Salesforce Lightning and Classic versions. We use it for SAP S/4, which is the latest version of SAP. We basically use it on HANA and in the Cloud of SAP and even for other ERPs.

What is most valuable?

We always use the product for end-to-end automation test cases, never for unit automation tests. We use it to automate functional testing of end-to-end test cases for evaluating the impact on the databases and to override the time that we need to use the front end. That is all.

Moreover, I have found the correlation of the values for Object ID to be valuable. These are two of the most important features that are very well managed.

What needs improvement?

The solution is integrated well with the Spira Team. Even so, it would be good if there could be more integration of Inflectra Rapise, since not all customers use the same tool for test management and automation integration. We would have better results were we offered a wider range of options for integration. Even though the product has good integration, a little more would be better, such as with, for example, Rational and Solman solutions in SAP. While we managed to fix the problem, a native solution would be preferred.

We have been using the solution for nearly eight years.

We had some issues with the initial version of the product, but it has demonstrated itself to be very stable over the last three years.

Our maintenance of the scripts has decreased by 75% or 80%.

It's incredible but the support and and maintenance of Inflectra Rapise's scripts is less than 30% of the effort that was involved in maintaining Selenium. It's very easy and this is the reason that we are switching everything that needs handling from Selenium to Inflectra Rapise. It is easy to maintain and provides a benefit in cost and efforts a 90% reduction factor in the maintenance of the scripts.

As Inflectra Rapise is on-premises and not cloud-based, it lacks a server license that can be shared with the users of the license. So too, there is no server for validating the number of users that are active, meaning each one is on-premise. This does not pose any problems due to it's one-to-one nature. It's open, without affording the option, for example, of a licensed server that would mandate validation with the server. If one has the the number of users available, the product can be directly installed in his own computer, meaning there would be no issues with its performance.

Inflectra Rapise's technical support is one of its best features. We have been utilizing the product from the get go and have benefited from complete support straight off the bat.We have all the documentation and tutorials. Response time is less than 24 hours. We work in several South American countries and are the beneficiaries of support and results. It's incredible, really.

We could be at the end of the world and still receive the tech support we need. Response time can be under two hours. This is something that isn't common in South America. Even if they can't provide the solution, they will call you to collaborate and point you in the right direction. The tech support is incredible. I believe that their support team is from the development part of the company since it's superior to the competition.

We previously used EHP and I took the decision to switch the company to Inflectra Rapise for several reasons. One reason involves licensing costs. Another one is that Inflectra Rapise offers better support, which is direct and not across a dealer. The growth of the solution is a further consideration. In comparison with the competition, the solution has offered many enhancements from one year to the next.

The initial setup of Rapise was incredibly simple because one can start to use it as soon as it's been installed. The company responsible for the product provides good tutorials and manuals for getting started. No special knowledge is required for installation, deployment or  configuration.

We have been utilizing Inflectra Rapise from the beginning, starting from around five years ago with the release of its second version. Installation and deployment took no more than 15 minutes.

There is no need for us to make use of an integrator, a reseller or a consultant for the installation and deployment. It's so simple that we were able to do it directly, on our own, without the need for any support.

There are 12 people in charge of deployment and maintenance of the product. It is in their discretion when to switch versions. Broadly speaking, we coordinate this with the support staff of the Inflectra Rapise company. By and large, if they tell us that there are no problems with the continuous running of the scripts or with bugs and compatibility, we would make the switch for the entire team. Usually there are no problems. Occasionally, we encounter a special script needing adjustment but this happens in less than five percent of cases.

We pay for the licensing of the product. For Inflectra Rapise this is on-premises. The Spira Team is Cloud-based. While the subscription cost is monthly, we pay in advance for the entire year. The Inflectra Rapise licensing fee covers support for the entire year because it's on-premise and we pay different sites for the license. Consequently, we don't have to pay too much. We pay no more than $50 annually for support of each one of the licenses.

Prior to choosing Inflectra Rapise, we evaluated Kafka, Selenium, Selenium for Jira and Zephyr.

We obtain the results of the automation plan that is directly impacted by the Spira Team. Then, we take the results of the entire device without the involvement of any manual staff. We, subsequently, receive an automatic simultaneous report from both the manual and automation features that are in place.

Previously, I made use of the ALM, or HP Quality Center, and I switched to the Spira Team. With the robot, we changed EHP to Inflectra Rapise. We changed the setup, the suite of solutions, from HP to Micro Focus, and then to the Inflectra Rapise solution. We are very happy with that.

What other advice do I have?

We generally have 100 users of Inflectra Rapise. While I don't recall exactly which version we use, I know it to be the latest one, both as concerns Inflectra Rapise and the Spira team.

We have a contract which Inflectra Rapise support and it is excellent. That is the driving force for continuing to use Spira and Inflectra Rapise and we are really provided with the guidelines and the support for operations.

When it comes to the support contract, we have it in production and, no more than two months after announcing it's availability, new functionalities beyond the last version are made available, even though we do not consider this period to be short.

The Spira team is cloud-based and Inflectra Rapise is on-premises.

While my work history primarily focuses on IT in a variety of positions, I have also worked in development, as an IT manager, and I am currently in charge of PI. However, I have an economic background from my studies at university. I have always kept an eye on the cost-benefit balance. Overall, I feel Inflectra Rapise to be a good business tool, as it provides a good balance between the costs and the benefits.

We don't even feel the need for retaining an expert since, if someone leaves the company, we can utilize Inflectra training, documentation and support by way of a replacement. This is relevant and covers most values in Latin America, as a person may work for the company in one month and be gone by the next.

From talks I have had with people who have left the company about other tools they have utilized, even for open source software or small licensing costs such as those of Kafka or EHP, they contemplate the benefits of Inflectra Rapise's features when making an evaluation.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

GC
QA Technical Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good database management with a straightforward setup, but maintenance is a challenge

• "It's pretty straightforward to set up."
  • "The maintenance is very difficult. We've only been using the platform for three months, so I'm not sure if that will continue, but right now it's an observation I've had."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for managing the database for our organization.

What is most valuable?

The platform overall is good.

It's pretty straightforward to set up.

The solution offers good availability.

So far, technical support has been helpful.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to improve its compatibility with other solutions.

The solution is quite new for us. I've been working with the solution for three months. We're still testing it out.

I can't really comment on the stability just yet, as we're still struggling with maintenance issues, and the stability plays into that.

The scalability of the solution is low. You can't scale it too much. It's also very complex. It takes a long time to go through the documentation.

We've had a chance to contact technical support and so far they've been good. We've been satisfied with the level of support they've provided us so far over the past three months of use.

The initial setup was straightforward. It wasn't complex at all. In fact, we found it nice and easy.

I don't have any idea about the pricing on the solution right now. We're still evaluating the product.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Inflectra.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. The compatibility needs to be improved. If it was, I'd rate it a bit higher.

I'd recommend the solution. Writing the scripts etc. is very difficult, but we can increase the availability quite well. There is definitely a minimum skill set required in order to use the solution. It's good to hire someone that knows a bit about the solution to make it easier to implement it. Even so, for us at least, the maintenance has been challenging.

Hybrid Cloud