Inflectra SpiraTeam OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Inflectra SpiraTeam is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Application Lifecycle Management Suites. It is most often compared to Microsoft Azure DevOps: Inflectra SpiraTeam vs Microsoft Azure DevOps

What is Inflectra SpiraTeam?

Need to manage your entire project lifecycle? From requirements and test cases, to tasks and code SpiraTeam has you covered. Powerful, straightforward, and flexible, SpiraTeam helps you get started fast. With SpiraTeam, manage your tasks and bugs quickly and easily, sync them with your team, and get back to developing. Integrated version control, testing (manual and automated), and customizable reporting, help you track it all.

Inflectra SpiraTeam is also known as SpiraTeam.

Download the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Inflectra SpiraTeam Customers

Cenduit, Maas Database Applications, DHHS Tasmania, Rota Yokogawa, ASI Business Solutions, ComputaCenter

Inflectra SpiraTeam Video

Inflectra SpiraTeam Reviews

Jorge Ambrosio
Quality Management Office (QMO) Manager at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Great technical support with excellent integration and a fairly easy initial setup

• "The solution is fast and very accessible."
  • "It would be great if they worked more closely with other solutions. There needs to be better integration with the platform for development purposes."

What is our primary use case?

We manage the whole software lifecycle. We combine the user stories and requirements, including the test cases, in order to describe the test execution and the defects. We manage the rest of the cycle inside SpiraTeam instead of Jira. In some cases, we started using Jira connected with SpiraTeam. We can manage the whole life cycle of the software in only one tool.

What is most valuable?

The integration is really better than it was in the past.

The initial setup was pretty simple.

Their documentation is excellent.

The solution is fast and very accessible.

Organization time is free of charge in terms of licensing. This is until you finalize the migration from one tool to the other. That way, we don't need to pay to license two solutions at the same time.

The maintenance team doing the support gives you a lot of knowledge. They often have up to ten years of support experience. Those leading the support teams are very knowledgeable. There seems to be very little turnover or team change, which helps retain the knowledge

What needs improvement?

The importing aspect is one of the areas that probably could be improved. We talked with Inflectra several times about that point.

The improvement that's really important is in the reporting. We need to be able to customize it more and to export the reports themselves. You can export the data, however, not the reports.

We've been using the solution for a while, and definitely in the last 12 months.

In order to move from Jira to SpiraTeam, we need the support of Jira due to the fact that in some cases, with high volumes of information, we've had some problems with Jira that we didn't have with SpiraTeam. The stability of SpiraTeam, in general, is very good. We don't have any problems with that. Even documentation about the maintenance windows and improving capacity is very good.

The support provides a baseline for the stability of the server. All of the support below the server is very good. It's quite stable.

There's basically a roadmap, where users can increase the capability year over year. In general, they obtain feedback from the customers and they put the improvements in the roadmap, and then the clients can have clarity on what is needed inside the tool. That is very good. In some cases, not all the providers give you a roadmap about which functionalities will change in the next versions of the tools. In this case, they increase version to version their capability and base it on the feedback from the customer. It's quite good and quite scalable.

Different clients have different amounts of users. Some are near 3,000 while others are under 3,000. When it comes to training on the solution, we have anywhere from 100 to 1,000 pupils at any given time on the solution.

In terms of increasing usage in the future, it's hard to ascertain. At the moment, Argentina is in a very difficult situation, due to the exchange rate of the currency.

The support in Latin America of Inflectra is the best if you compare it with Jira support. Jira is an Australian company and they have several distributors, however, don't give support and they don't have any offices in Latin America.

In the case of Inflectra, they're already aligned with the time zone. We have only five hours time difference with Chile, however, with Australia, we have 12 hours, 11 hours or time difference.

Overall, they are very professional, and in general they fix the problems very quickly.

I was in charge of a percentage of HP tools for five years. Before that, I worked with tools from IBM, and that has more or less the same. I find this tool is fast and is very accessible.

The initial setup is really very easy. The documentation is key. The documentation provided by the solution is some of the best documentation that I've seen in the last years. It really is very good and they maintain their quality year over year and even improve the quality of their documentation. The tutorials have videos and there are step-by-step instructions for different situations. They cover basically cover all of the situations that you can see when you are installing. It's really easy to install the products that come from Inflectra.

The pricing is difficult as the exchange rate is not great. The local currency in relation to the US dollar is not great. It makes it hard for the customer to afford the solution, not necessarily because of the cost, but because of the fluctuating exchange.

We are using the general enterprise license, which is unlimited. We also have access to the solution for training purposes, and that is free.

What other advice do I have?

We are an integrator. We use the tools of Inflectra to integrate into other big solutions.

For training for the government, we created something to provide certification in testing, and in terms of Inflectra, we have asked for sponsorship of that training. They give us SpiraTeam on the cloud with free access for the pupils and the robot Rapise too. That way, we can give people training for one year. We test engineers in theory, expertise, and techniques or methodologies used in SpiraTeam and Rapise.

Then at this moment, we have nearly 1,000 pupils a year and those pupils, after they obtain the certificate with the Ministry of Education of Argentina (and signed by Inflectra). It's an initiative between the government of the city of Buenos Aires and the Inflectra Corporation. Inflectra gives us the facility to use all the tools.

After the pupils obtain the certificate, in general, they obtain their first job in IBM, Accenture, or in any organization using Inflectra.

Many companies in telecommunication are looking to change their management tool and to move all their solutions to Inflectra solution using the SpiraTeam and Rapise for testing automation.

We're using the latest version of the solution, as it's on the cloud and consistently updates itself.

Overall, I would rate the solution ten out of ten.

Jorge Ambrosio
Flexible and stable with excellent technical support

• "The initial setup and configuration are straightforward and relatively simple."
  • "They need to continue improving the interface with the third-party options."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as an all-in-one tool.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility to connect to third-party applications is fantastic.

We like the fact that there's the flexibility to use mobile devices and you can access it from any device.

There's good automation that can help you add comments or approve items.

The service is incredible. If you have a problem in general you have the answers in less than two hours typically. Regularly, you have everything resolved in less than four hours. The technical support has been great.

The stability is excellent.

The initial setup and configuration are straightforward and relatively simple.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be lower.

They need to continue improving the interface with the third-party options. There is room for improvement in the interfaces with applications. They should be able to integrate a lot better with a lot of these options.

The reporting side can be better. Even though is very good and there are thousands of graphics that you can use, you'd like to do impactful presentations and they need to provide more visualizations.

The solution needs better integration and more direct integration with Jira.

It's a very mature application. I used the application for nearly eight years and the application improved from one version to the next with high stability.

Therefore, the stability is really fantastic. We are using the cloud now and the cloud is very safe. There are no firewall problems. In general, there are no network problems.

We have 250 people using the solution.

The support is even better than the tool. It's incredible. The technical support that they have wonderful. Not only do they have the speed and the support, the quality of the people for support are really great. They hire and train people who know the entire system and they can guide you through issues to fix the problem and really they take care of you. You are their number one customer - or, at least they make you feel that way.

I used in another customer ALM from Micro Focus, however, I really prefer SpiraTeam.

The stability and the facilities that you obtain with this product are practically the same, however, the difference is when you give a ticket to Micro Focus you will likely obtain the answer in one week, which is not so fast. With Inflectra, you get answers the next day or sooner.

The solution has a software as a service set up and it is done primarily by the company, by Inflectra directly in the cloud.

The configuration of the projects is very simple.

All the installation itself is done by Inflectra directly because it's SaaS and the rest is done by us.

The solution is designed as a Software as a Service, a SaaS.

We don't pay for anything beyond the standard fees. You don't have extras to pay for.

What other advice do I have?

I am the end user. I have a contract to provide testing for customers, however, ultimately the owner of the tool is the customer. For this reason, we're not direct customers.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. I don't like to put 10 due to the fact that I'm sure that something can be improved. That said, if the customer gave me the option to select a product, I'd select SpiraTeam over other tools. The facilities of the tool are more or less the same as the facilities of the ALM or other tools that are in the market. However, the customer support from Inflectra makes you feel like they are working with you. That is the gap in the quality that other options lack. They fix any issue very quickly.