Inflectra SpiraTest Overview

Inflectra SpiraTest is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Application Requirements Management tools. It is most often compared to Jira: Inflectra SpiraTest vs Jira

What is Inflectra SpiraTest?
SpiraTest is an integrated Requirements and Quality Management solution that manages your project's Requirements, Test Cases, Releases, Defects and Issues in one environment, with complete traceability throughout. After defining your project's requirements, you generate the test cases and test steps that validate the functionality. The test execution modules allows users to run through the tests, logging defects/issues as they go. SpiraTest is Fully Web-Based. Free 30-Day Trial.

Inflectra SpiraTest is also known as SpiraTest, Spira.

Download the Test Management Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Inflectra SpiraTest Customers
- Morningstar - Deutsch Bank - Sopra Group - Booz Allen & Hamilton - UBS - US Government
Inflectra SpiraTest Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Business Analyst Sr at a university with 10,001+ employees
Used it to document our test cases.​ Lacking scripting functionality.

• "We were able to add a step-by-step procedure for someone to follow to assist in testing."
  • "Being able to add scripting for testing can and does save a lot of time. When you are able to just ‘run’ a test case rather than manually add it and run it."

What other advice do I have?

Make sure it will meet all your needs.
QA Engineering Manager at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
Provides good visibility at a high level looking at where things were, but needs better integration with third party products

• "The features of this product most valuable to me were the test case management and the visual status, by which it was displayed."
  • "Two areas that can stand improvement: integration with third party products and making it more intuitive."

What other advice do I have?

Before implementing the product, consult with all the stakeholders who may be using this solution in terms of what is not only important to you, but to them as well. If you plan on using SpiraTest as a bug tracking tool for QA, ensure that it meets your requirements in regards to integration of the tools within your organization. This may rely on what goes on in QA.
Find out what your peers are saying about Inflectra, Micro Focus, IDERA and others in Test Management Tools. Updated: May 2021.
501,151 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Software QA Engineer at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Look and feel should be improved. It makes projects more organized.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise checking performance and usability first. I have used it for two years. I have experienced a lot with the lack of quick response, and the look and feel should be improved.
Test Software Development Manager at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Very simple UI designs which everyone can handle

What other advice do I have?

Depends on their user count, they can contact Inflectra about performance issues. We are using them with 20 concurrent users.
Team Leader: Test Automation at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
​Strong integration capabilities with other test automation tools although user interface needs imporovement

What is most valuable?

Strong integration capabilities with other vendor tools, especially test automation tools. Good user documentation.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped our company to centralise our testing efforts and create better visibility into our testing.

What needs improvement?

Its user interface as well as its graphs.

Almost three years.

Yes, there have been sporadic DB errors related to performance.

Seven out of 10. The support is OK, but they don’t provide specific fixes for customers. Therefore, any problems/enhancements are put into their…
Senior SDET
Produces a test result based on both manual and automated tests

What other advice do I have?

* Use a fast web server with lots of memory. * Limit the amount of log messages for the test report. * Try to pick test clients in the same subnet as the test server. This will reduce scheduling and communications issues.
Sr. QA Engineer at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Customizable Reporting Creates Reports That Make Sense To Shareholders, Testers, And Developers

What other advice do I have?

Do it!! You won’t be sorry. This is a great product for creating test cases and test suites, with great traceability and reporting.
Software Engineer at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Integration with the JUnit test cases is the most valuable feature

What other advice do I have?

It is the best QA management tool, good for all types of industries. It provides the ability to create, edit, and manage your project's requirements in an hierarchical requirement matrix, where the high-level business requirements can be decomposed into appropriate system requirements.
Test Manager at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Our organization has become much more efficient in our everyday test case documentation and in the execution of both manual and automated testing

What other advice do I have?

I would advise anyone to try it first and make sure it fulfills their requirements for this type of system.
Test Master at a tech vendor with 1-10 employees
Information about what/when/who was done is visible from the test case/set/run menu.

What is most valuable?

I like the way how we can manage our test cases to test sets. A great benefit is that the information about what/when/who was done is anytime visible from every test case/set/run menu.

How has it helped my organization?

It improved our TC management and helped us with the auditing.

What needs improvement?

Manual test case writing Test management and protocol of the results

I have used it for three months.

We have not encountered any deployment issues.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability…
Quality Assurance Manager at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
It improved the traceability of test cases and requirements, but I think this software could benefit from better reporting options.
Sr Quality Assurance Analyst with 501-1,000 employees
Dashboard integration of release tracking, test case repository, and defect tracking eases status evaluation of a release. We've had past issues, though, of users editing objects at the same time.
Test Engineer/Coordinator at a newspaper with 501-1,000 employees
We were able to make our software testing life cycle more efficient as well as create more transparency. However, you need to modify the projects one by one, making maintenance time consuming.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a decent test management tool with a good balance of cost and functionality, SpiraTest would be a very good option, especially when you have a limited budget.
Technical Test Lead at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It's improved over time since our initial use in 2012 but the UI, needs a lot of work.

What other advice do I have?

It isn't as easy to adopt. Will need some getting used to.
Test Manager at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It's provided us with a multi-project test management tool, but the UI to pre-4 versions need improvements.

What is most valuable?

Test Cases Test Incidents Reporting Fast to spin-up a new project and configure to new requirements

How has it helped my organization?

It's provided us with a multi-project test management tool.

What needs improvement?

V4 is available with improvements to the UI.

I've used it for three years.

No – able to bring on new projects rapidly.

Customer Service: It's okay. Technical Support: It's okay.

Have used HP Quality Center – but this was clunky – too many clicks

There is a learning curve with understanding how to…
Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
After implementation, we saw benefits in test viability, but the folder structure/functionality needs to be simplified.

What other advice do I have?

Before any implementation of a tool comes a requirement for said tool. The first step is to analyse your requirements and current process and understand the current pros/cons and the overall costs. If your processes are robust, and there are no alarming pitfalls, then there may not be a need to make any changes. However, if you find there to be many holes in the current processes then there may be a need to make a change. We carried out an assessment on many test management tools (including HP QC) but it was immediately obvious with regards ROI that SpiraTest was right for our needs. If you…
Quality Assurance Lead, Consultant at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
There are some browser compatibility issues, but it does provides us with a detailed audit trail.

What other advice do I have?

This is good for defect tracking. I was not that impressed with the test case creation, but it did give good metrics of number of completion, not completed, on hold or defects.
Senior designer at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
The current version does not provide enough support for test management way of work, but you can handle a ​mass of test case specifications and executions.

What other advice do I have?

Plan beforehand how the team shoudl use the tool. In that sense there are better solutions available
Senior Test Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
It is very intuitive and easy to learn, but it needs more flexibility in setting default behaviour of particular items.

What other advice do I have?

Read the documentation first and do not shorten the process yourself. If you have any concerns, do not hesitate to ask technical support - they will help.
Practice Manager Testing at Ordina Belgium
It tracks the entire test process, but while integration with Atlassian JIRA was foreseen and configured, new builds of it caused the integration add-in to become non-working.

What other advice do I have?

SpiraTest is a damn fine test management tool, but it seems that they run the risk of missing the ‘innovation train’ if Inflectra doesn’t act fast…