Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Domain Name System (DNS) Security tools. It is most often compared to Cisco Umbrella: Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection vs Cisco Umbrella

What is Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection?

Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection (ADP) effectively shields you from the widest range of DNS DDoS attacks, ensuring that you can maintain service uptime for your organization. Minimizing disruptions caused by DDoS and other DNS-based attacks is a key business imperative because DNS provides mission-critical network connectivity. If your DNS is down, your business is down. With ADP you can maintain DNS integrity and stop external and internal DNS DDoS attacks that can take your business offline. ADP eliminates such threats as volumetric attacks, DNS hijacking, cache poisoning and other DNS-specific exploits. A proven solution, it ensures that your customers can always reach your website and other external systems, and it keeps your business up and running 24×7 to maintain customer trust and confidence.

Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection is also known as Infoblox Secure DNS.

Download the Domain Name System (DNS) Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection Customers

Colruyt Group, Council Rock School District, Danone, GlaxoSmithKline, The Hershey Company

Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection Video

Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection Reviews

RS
Presales Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reseller
An easy initial setup with DNS protection and good granularity

• "Infoblox offers granularity and advanced DNS protection to mitigate DNS attacks. It's a very secure solution."
  • "There needs to be more capabilities in order to configure the console itself instead of the user interface dashboard. Configuring the DNS or DHCP through the console instead of the GUI dashboard would be better."

What is our primary use case?

Typically, customers use Infoblox because they want to integrate their DNS and DHCP servers and would like to have a single dashboard to manage everything from.

What is most valuable?

The DNS protection is wider and more impressive than what is offered in any other product. The closest competitor may be BlueCat.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to offer more integration with other programs, like the Cisco API. Many customers require some features from Cisco API. I don't have enough documentation yet regarding the integration with Infoblox and Cisco so I don't know enough about how to integrate the two. There needs to be more readily available documentation.

Right now, there's a limitation on the CLI. In some cases, sometimes I need to use the console instead of the user interface. This isn't possible yet, however, I am hopeful it is part of their roadmap going forward.

I am a vendor that works together with Infoblox for some projects. I'm a reseller and handle pre-sales. I've been working with the solution for three and a half years.

The solution is very stable. Even if you drop the hardware, it will be okay. It's well made and quite robust.

The solution is definitely scalable. Any kind of customer can be deployed on it. However, it depends on the requirements of the customer as well. Maybe they have a branch that doesn't need to have a bigger appliance or they were looking for the smallest option. In this scenario, the solution can also cater to them. Companies can also go smaller if they need to.

The technical support has always been very, very helpful. I've been quite satisfied with their level of support and would easily give them a rating of nine out of ten.

The initial setup is not too complex. The granularity involved is easy to pick up on and manage. As long as the person implementing the solution takes the time to learn a bit about it, they should be fine. It only takes a week or two to build up enough of a knowledge base to be able to deploy the solution yourself.

What other advice do I have?

InfoBlox is a good product for managing your IP address within the DNS and DHCP servers. I believe that Infoblox can help any kind of customer manage their internal IP addresses effectively.

I would rate the solution 8.5 out of ten.

MN
Telecommunication Engineer at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Excellent security, good interface, and very stable

• "The security of the solution is perfect. It's very good at protecting us from attacks."
  • "There should be better alerts for when attacks are happening."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a firewall and for advanced protection of the DNS system.

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, we were relying on a normal firewall and IPS to help us avoid attacks. However, this missed a lot of our customer's custom goals and it wasn't effective. This solution is enhancing the performance of the DNS because it uses the CPU and also it has more filtration and more control of securing the DNS.

What is most valuable?

The solution tends to have excellent performance.

The grid interface is good. You are able to see everything on it.

What needs improvement?

Occasionally the CPU goes up. However, this is normal for all products, so I'm not sure if it is something that can be fixed.

Occasionally the capacity is not as expected, especially when the system is under a certain type of attack.

There should be better alerts for when attacks are happening.

I'm not sure if this is already possible or not, but the solution should work to integrate with extension servers or state intelligence servers.

Users should be able to see portions of the ICS more easily. That way, we wouldn't have to rely on other systems and this solution would be more of an all-in-one option for companies like ours.

I've been using the solution for about four years.

The stability of the solution is very good. We haven't had any issues. We haven't run into bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

The scalability is not an issue as long as the organization makes the capacity assessment properly. If a company does not account for the capacity they will face issues.

The initial setup is not complex at all. In fact, it's quite straightforward. As long as the team has the information they require, they can implement it quite easily.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premise solution for our mobile operator.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Infoblox, Cisco, EfficientIP and others in Domain Name System (DNS) Security. Updated: October 2021.
542,267 professionals have used our research since 2012.
LotfiBenaouda
Network Security Regional Domain Lead at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Mature and stable with an easy initial setup

• "DHCP is a basic service, and they've been doing it for years, so it's mature and stable."
  • "The solution is expensive."

What is most valuable?

We're currently in deployment, so it's hard for me to discuss the most valuable aspects of the solution. At the moment, we're just using it for the DHCP. We're expecting to really like the discovery model, but we haven't tested it yet.

What needs improvement?

I'm a manager, so I'm not someone who's working closely with the solution. It's also in the deployment phase, so we haven't spent enough time with the solution to really judge what is missing or not.

I've been using the solution for a year.

The solution is very stable. It's one of it's selling points.

The solution is very scalable.

We haven't used technical support yet. We're working with a partner, and so far we haven't needed them as everything has been working fine.

The initial setup is straightforward for a specialist. It's not something I'd recommend for beginners.

The solution is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We use the hybrid deployment model.

The brand is a market leader, which makes the solution expensive, but it's worth the price because it is so stable.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher if the price was more reasonable.

Download our free Domain Name System (DNS) Security Report and find out what your peers are saying about Infoblox, Cisco, EfficientIP, and more!