Infor dEPM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Infor dEPM?

Take a holistic view of your business performance with Infor Dynamic Enterprise Performance Management (Infor d/EPM). Combining modern intelligent business tools and financial performance management capabilities into one EPM software solution, d/EPM enables you to consistently report with confidence, measure past and current performance, and forecast future activities. Deep analytics and business intelligence give you a real-time view of performance across your business to speed decision making, so you can unlock siloed data and transform information into actionable insights.

Infor dEPM is also known as Infor d/EPM, d/EPM, Infor Dynamic Enterprise Performance Management, Infor PM.

Download the Business Performance Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Infor dEPM Customers

DAB Group

Infor dEPM Video

Archived Infor dEPM Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user542724
‎BI Analyst at a non-tech company with 51-200 employees
It was useful for consolidating data from subsidiaries. I found it buggy, clunky, and very stiff.

What is most valuable?

• Write-back functionality: This allows us to adjust calculated figures and be updated by the user through a report.
  • Import Master: A useful ETL tool. (It's better than nothing and it was necessary to access Infor OLAP cubes.)

How has it helped my organization?

I joined this company a year ago and Infor PM was already here. It was useful for consolidating data from subsidiaries and having global reports.

What needs improvement?

There is plenty of room for improvement: Mainly ease of implement, configuration, and use. For our business, I don’t think it was the best.

I likely would have come to a different conclusion with a better implementation. However, I found it buggy, clunky, and very stiff.

A business is dynamic and the systems should be capable of changing accordingly. For a minor change, you should not have to rebuild, reconfigure, and reload everything.

I've used this solution for one year.

There were no stability issues.

There were scalability issues. The cubes are limited and when working with millions of rows, it does not work all the time.

I literally gave up using their support due to their slow response. The business cannot wait weeks to fix an issue/report.

We did not use a solution previous to this one. Infor PM was implemented here for years before I joined. We switched from Infor to Tableau. We still use Infor PM for write-back functionality.

I don’t know how the initial setup was, but it was definitely very poorly implemented with no automation.

Don’t go for it because it is cheaper! The bitterness of poor quality remains, long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

I evaluated and chose other options as a replacement for Infor PM: These included QlikView, SAP BO, Board, Birst, Sisense, and Tableau. We chose Tableau.

What other advice do I have?

They have inexpensive licenses, but it costs much more to implement and maintain. It has a very small community, a lack of available, resources, and we struggled to find support.

Hope this will help others to think more before going for a BI system.

Senior Payroll Officer at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
There are some server start-up issues but generally the stability is perfect.

Valuable Features

A valuable feature is the Excel & VB front-end support. As I worked on this, the input/output, and reporting (especially Ad-hoc) functions are perfect and very helpful for a user.

Improvements to My Organization

We were using this for the payroll process, from time keeping to the payroll run. It provide us a great opportunity to work with a secure platform and deal with a large amount of numerical entries.

Room for Improvement

Only sometimes, there are server start-up issues.

Use of Solution

I've used is for almost four years.

No, there were no issues at all.

Stability is perfect.

Not at all.

Customer service is at a moderate level.

Technical support is excellent.

Initial set-up was good, and with the help of the IT department, it was perfect and we started smoothly.

Implementation Team

The implementation was done in its entirety by an in-house team.

Other Advice

This is a perfect, secure, safe and fast product. The great thing about it is that it has a multiple user interface and the ad-hoc reporting is amazing.

Find out what your peers are saying about Infor, Oracle, Clarity and others in Business Performance Management. Updated: November 2021.
552,305 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user215472
Infor PM Consultant with 51-200 employees
Its simplicity in creating new OLAP cubes is a valuable feature, but there was an issue during deployment.

What is most valuable?

It is used for planning and forecasting of financial statements, and I find the product very good. Its simplicity in creating new OLAP cubes and dimensions, as well as new reports is a valuable feature.

How has it helped my organization?

My organization used many Excel sheets for the planning and forecasting processes. The spreadsheets were consolidated by finance and controlling, but the problem was, that some end users changed formulas inside of the Excel sheets. There were many factors that could lead to false statements and, in the end, it was not known who caused the failures. Now, there is a single point of entry, and all changes are audited but the formulas are not editable by users. Complex allocations are performed by a single click after the data entry is finished.

I have used it since 2010, and eventually, I moved onto doing implementations.

No, not really.

Yes we did, but it was due to a network issue and not due to the product itself.

No, but the amount of data we are processing is not that big.

Tehnical support offered by Infor is very good. I always got an answer, and it never took them more than a day to get back in contact.

No, for this purpose we used only Excel sheets before we implemented Infor BI.

Initial setup is straightforward. You only need to know which parts of the solution you need to install and on what kind of server/OS.

We did an in-house implementation.

I don't know exactly, but people in charge of planning/forecasting processes can't imagine working without the tool at this moment. In Excel, it took ages to consolidate the data from 10-15 departments. Now, the planning process can have many more iterations as it could have in terms of Excel planning.

We pay 20% of the original cost as a maintenance fee but I don't know the original costs.

No, we are Infor Channel partner (local branch) so there was not really any intention to implement something else.

What other advice do I have?

For planning and consolidation this is a perfect choice. You have the option to design your own logic via dimensions, cubes, rules and dimension hierarchies. And, you can lock down user input via pre-designed ad-hoc reports that are visible via thin/fat client. Power users can get access to data via an Excel add-in.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is an Infor Channel partner.
it_user215439
Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The product is very scalable but it needs some improvements to its mobile offering.

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use
  • Functionality
  • OLAP capabilities

How has it helped my organization?

It has given us the ability to not only deliver key reports and metrics, but also to make them available on a self service basis. In addition to this, it allowed us to streamline key business process such as the budget process by capturing data from departmental managers globally to build budgets and forecasts from the bottom up.

What needs improvement?

The mobile offering and dashboards need work, however this has been improved upon in more recent versions of Infor BI.

I've used it for four to five years.

No issues encountered.

None at all as the product is very scalable.

It's good.

It's good.

No previous solution was used.

It's a very straightforward setup. The vendor guides you through the design and initial setup.

Initially we used a vendor team and then switched to an in house one. The vendor team's knowledge is excellent.

It takes approximately two to three years. We achieved an 80% ROI by year two through headcount reduction and process improvements.

Circa £360k for the three phases of a global project (this included all Hardware, Licensing and consultancy costs incurred). On-going maintenance costs are £25-£30k per year.

Yes, we also looked at Oracle BI Applications and IBM Cognos TM1.

What other advice do I have?

Ensure you give the relevant thought to the initial design process and use the opportunity to re-evaluate the way you report.

it_user208359
SunSystems Administrator at a energy/utilities company with 51-200 employees
It is fully integrated with SunSystems Financials software but a web-based version would provide greater usability

What is most valuable?

Infor PM Q&A is fully integrated with SunSystems Financials software and is easy to use but provides flexible and dynamic reporting capability.

There are two main components of the Infor PM Q&A reporting suite. The Q&A XL function provides the user with an Excel add-in that facilitates both transactional and summary level reporting. It can be used to produce simple Journal Listings or high level management reports. There is also a Data Upload function which allows transactions to be posted into the SunSystems ledger via a simple template.

The Q&A Executive function is a stand-alone reporting tool that provides a more powerful management reporting capability with in-built functionality such as Drilldowns, Breakouts, Data Cubes and Charts. It is particularly useful for ad-hoc inquiries and navigation around the SunSystems ledger.

How has it helped my organization?

Aside from the obvious improvement in financial and management reporting capability the increased visibility of how data is processed also assists management in enforcing greater financial controls and audit compliance across the business.

What needs improvement?

A web-based version would provide greater usability and I believe is still in the development pipeline.

I am currently working at an oil company in Nigeria and the Infor SunSystems and PM suite has been used at this company for around two years. They are using Infor PM Q&A version 10.1 including Q&A XL, and Executive & Alert - installed alongside Infor 10 SunSystems Financials system.

Personally as a SunSystems/Q&A consultant I have used the product for 20 years in various iterations.

No issues with deployment.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

We implemented Infor PM Q&A as part of a wider Infor SunSystems implementation and used a SunSystems reseller with experience of both the product and the Oil & Gas sector in Africa. The customer service was very good.

Very good. We have reported very few technical errors since the implementation two years ago.

Yes, various versions of Sage were used in the formative years of the company. As the company rapidly expanded it was clear that it was no longer suitable to meet the complex reporting requirements of the business.

The main areas of complexity related to configuring the system to meet the unique Statutory and Tax reporting requirements of Nigeria. We also utilised the full range of Q&A XL functionality to facilitate the unique processes involved in Joint Venture accounting which is required in most Oil & Gas companies.

Through a 3rd Party vendor who were very experienced in SunSystems, Oil & Gas and working in Africa. All three are prerequisites for any successful implementation in this part of the world.

Sorry I don't have access to the original setup costs and the day to day costs are variable as we continue to develop the system. We will shortly be implementing the Infor EAM Asset Management module and B4B banking software.

I wasn’t involved in the original selection process of the Infor SunSystems and PM solution. I understand that it was chosen because it had been successfully implemented and used by the key project stakeholders at their previous companies.

What other advice do I have?

Ensure you have clearly scoped your business requirements before implementing this or any other finance system. If SunSystems is the financial system of choice then Infor PM Q&A simply must be included as part of the solution due to the reporting functionality it provides. If Budgeting is a key element of your business the Infor PM Budgeting & Forecasting solution is also worth considering.

it_user211683
Consultant at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
The Inventory module needs to be improved, however, the integration with other apps is user friendly.

What is most valuable?

Integration with other software applications is so user friendly and also it's a single ledger designed system. Also, the multi-currency feature is superb as well.

How has it helped my organization?

It has really helped us in getting repo. With the integration of Infor Q&A application which is like a companion software with SunSystems, it has made it so easy to spool out report from SunSystems to a spreadsheet in Excel, etc.

What needs improvement?

The Inventory module is not so strong when compared with the other software applications in its category! The integration between the Inventory and the Purchasing module is not very "user friendly".

I've used it for more than five years.

I have not encountered any issue that has not been solved.

No issues encountered.

The software has always been capable of accommodating growth, so I have not really encountered any issue with scalability.

The level of customer services should be 75-80%.

Excellent 90%.

I not used any other solution but I have attended demos for many.

My first implementation was so straightforward because the client was implementing only the Ledger module which was so easy. However, afterwards, they decided to add another module which became a little complex.

We are vendors so we implement the software.

What other advice do I have?

They should state out their requirements and expectations clearly.

Functional Strategy Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
The robustness of the Infocubes is valuable but it has low flexibility to change the model once implemented.

What is most valuable?

The robustness of the Infocubes, and the possibility of integrating both strong data analysis characteristics with a pleasant aesthetic features.

How has it helped my organization?

The client where we implemented the Planning model in Infor PM previously used Excel spreadsheets for all of their Planning processes. Infor PM has brought the typical PM tools advantages in this space.

What needs improvement?

Flexibility to modify an existing Infocube, and better integration with other ETL tools on the market.

I used it for six months of deployment and then one year of support and developments.

Yes, due partly to lack of expertise using this product in my organisation and partly to the aforementioned areas for improvement.

Partially.

4/5.

I worked for a consulting company which implemented Planning solutions using different tools on the market, such as Board, SAP BPC, and Hyperion.

It was complex and required technical knowledge of Infor's native ETL language.

In-house team.

What other advice do I have?

Dedicate time to the Functional and Technical Specs, given the low flexibility to change the model once it has been implemented.

it_user209994
Business Intelligence Consultant with 51-200 employees
The bigger the DB with accelerators the more unstable it is but it gives you enough options to implement BI processes.

What is most valuable?

It is a reporting solutions built around an in-memory OLAP database. For me, the most valuable features are the import master and application studio. They give you enough options to implement decent BI processes even if you have to compromise sometimes.

The Import Master allows you to extract data from virtually any sources and the Application Studio which allows you to report on OLAP sources (Infor) or any SQL database. It has a system of user actions which can add another layer of business intelligence.

How has it helped my organization?

If you are using only spreadsheets and have to download your data from various sources then you will have to reconcile these to build reports that make sense, this product will improve your life. You will spend less time building your reports and more time analysing the potential issues and gaps.

What needs improvement?

The following features need to be improved -

• The rule engine
  • Application studio web-server
  • The web-server, because it is still slow to load the reports which is why the designer has to simplify the reports that would work perfectly on the native application
  • The gap between the web-server and the native application is large enough to force the designer to only focus on one or the other to avoid disillusions.

The company itself needs to improve on the way they share the information on the product. If you Google anything related to Excel for example, you will find enough discussions, forums, help, tips which will help you become an expert on the subject. If you Google anything related to Infor BI ION, however, you will find virtually nothing. This especially evident as best practices are obscure (especially when the model requires a certain level of complication). I would think that the more resources out there would convince more users to use the product.

I have been using it for the past four and a half years.

Each deployment is ad-hoc (very customized), the question here how much are you willing to compromise when complications will endanger performance.

The bigger the database with accelerators the more unstable it is, but without accelerators the model would not run.

Yes, a complicated model may seem to be working perfectly in the design stage but when several users are connected at the same time, the real time simultaneous calculations can endanger the performance.

It depends on the module -

• Application studio is top notch with Inforxtreme
  • OLAP server and office plus is average with Inforxtreme
  • Import master is low with Inforxtreme (but all you need with this is the documentation, if it is not in there nothing more will help you)

I previously used Excel. Even if after the first months Excel seemed more capable in terms of modelling (you can do virtually anything in Excel), in the end when your model is fully automated and an additional item or driver will not ruin your model the gain of productivity with INFOR BI is pretty decent.

An install takes 20 minutes max (client side or server side).

What other advice do I have?

Compromises are key. Remember that it is a budgeting and forecasting tool, so you can't have a complex model that is simple to use, easy to maintain and fast all at the same time.

Download our free Business Performance Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Infor, Oracle, Clarity, and more!