Infor LN OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Infor LN is the #11 ranked solution in our list of top ERP tools. It is most often compared to Infor M3: Infor LN vs Infor M3

What is Infor LN?

From the largest global manufacturing enterprises with complex multisite needs to smaller, single-site organizations, Infor LN is enterprise resource planning (ERP) software that features capabilities designed to meet the unique business requirements of manufacturers. Infor LN offers fast and cost-effective deployment with integration on the shop floor and across the supply chain with financials, quality management, service management, order management, and business partners. Contextualized, industry-specific analytics help you gather real-time data and monitor metrics for improved communication with business partners wherever they are.

Infor LN is also known as Infor ERP LN.

Download the ERP Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Infor LN Customers

LTH Castings, Gloucester Engineering, Gorman-Rupp, Computer Designs, Instrument Technology, GWA Group Limited, PRIDE Industries, CAV Aerospace, New Scale Technologies Inc.

Infor LN Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Infor LN pricing:
  • "Compared to other high-end ERP software, Infor LN's cost of ownership is lower. The difference isn't huge, though."

Infor LN Reviews

SP
General Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Reasonable pricing with a straightforward setup and good stability

• "It's not too hard to handle the initial setup."
  • "The user interface needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Infor LN is an ERP which we are using. It covers all logistics and finance transactions.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has helped a lot in the sense of consolidation and in providing us with real-time information.

What is most valuable?

The solution is in proper ERP. It covers all of our requirements and is an integrator solution. That's why we like working with it.

The product is fairly stable.

It's not too hard to handle the initial setup.

The pricing is very reasonable.

What needs improvement?

The user interface needs to be improved. Right now, it's not ideal in terms of the design. The interface is not elegant on multiple products, such as enterprise assessment, supply chain solutions, and HR information.

The support on offer is lacking. They really need to be better at helping their clients.

I've been basically using the solution since 1999. It's been about two decades. I've been working on it for quite a while.

The solution is quite stable. We don't really deal with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's been good overall. We find it pretty reliable.

The product is scalable. That said, there are certain components created for India Localization, which are sort of specific to India related aspects, those need a little scalability. Indian laws are also very dynamic, so it may be hard to keep up with the registered changes.

We've been using this solution for a very, very long time and we do plan to continue to use it going forward.

We have not been satisfied with technical support at all.

We deal with them a lot and often call them on a weekly basis. They aren't helpful. We're very disappointed.

The installation was very straightforward. It was not complex at all. A company shouldn't have issues with the implementation process.

It's a quite stable product, however, there will be editing problems for the setup and all that. Those issues are normal with any ERP implementation. If a user follows the guidelines from the company and sets up the procedures well, they should be fine. If you can limit the customization, or have no customization, it will mean that you won't need a large amount of time for the full deployment.

The solution is quite competitively priced. If you compare it to SAP, for example, it is quite reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and end-user. We don't have a relationship with the company.

We were using Baan SQL, which later became Infor LN. We've been using the solution for a very long time.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this product at a seven. It's okay. Mostly we are happy with it. However, the interface and technical support are two areas where improvements can be made.

Private Cloud
SK
Salutation Architect at a tech vendor with 1-10 employees
Keeps pace with the digital transformation and transformations industry

• "LN is definitely a stable product. It's number one on Gartner's four quadrants."
  • "While Infor LN incorporates the latest business processes and functions, there is always room for improvement as the business grows. In the new normal, it could stand to incorporate quite a few automation processes like the RPA and utilize machine learning in the Internet of Things."

What is our primary use case?

Infor LN is an ERP software suite that focuses on automotive industries, hi-tech electronics, industrial manufacturing, heavy electricals, heavy engineering, and so on. We supply manpower for IT leaders operating in India, like HCL, Accenture, and Infosys. We have quite a few customers in other parts of the world as well.

What needs improvement?

While Infor LN incorporates the latest business processes and functions, there is always room for improvement as the business grows. In the new normal, it could stand to incorporate quite a few automation processes like the RPA and utilize machine learning in the Internet of Things.

I've been using LN for close to 20 years.

LN is definitely a stable product. It's number one on Gartner's four quadrants.

Infor LN is one of the easiest ERP software to install. However, implementation takes time. It takes somewhere around 25 to 30 days to do the basic piloting of the software.

Compared to other high-end ERP software, Infor LN's cost of ownership is lower. The difference isn't huge, though.

The competitors of Infor LN are S4 Hana of SAP and Oracle E-business Suite. They are the best software when it comes to ERP functionality. However, when it comes to technology, Infor LN is quite ahead. SAP is catching up in that area though.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of ease of use and product vision, Infor LN stands tall. It stands at number one. I would rate it 9.75 out of 10. I can't say 10. I've explored most of the functionalities, and it caters to the complete fleet of business processes, but then again, there is some industry-specific equipment that can come up, so I speak to how LN would handle that. So I can only say it is nine out of 10.

I would definitely recommend Infor LN. They are keeping pace with the digital transformation and transformations industry.