Informatica Cloud Data Integration OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Informatica Cloud Data Integration is #2 ranked solution in top Cloud Data Integration tools. IT Central Station users give Informatica Cloud Data Integration an average rating of 8 out of 10. Informatica Cloud Data Integration is most commonly compared to Informatica PowerCenter:Informatica Cloud Data Integration vs Informatica PowerCenter. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 35% of all views.
What is Informatica Cloud Data Integration?
Informatica Cloud Data Integration is a unified and modern user experience across all iPaaS patterns, supported by a meta-data driven, modular, artificial intelligence-based microservices architecture tailored for IT, developers, and business users. It help delivers accessible, trusted, and secure data to facilitate more valuable business decisions and identify competitive advantages. Informatica Cloud Data Integration can help to distribute data warehouse and analytics projects. Features include the following: Deliver integrated and relevant data, Scale with data synchronization and replication, Integrate asset management, Support high-volume workloads, Design cloud mappings and Execute visual data integration flows.

Download the Cloud Data Integration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Informatica Cloud Data Integration Customers

Chicago Cubs, Telegraph Media Group

Informatica Cloud Data Integration Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Informatica Cloud Data Integration pricing:
  • "My understanding is that Informatica is quite expensive compare to other tools that are available in the market."

Informatica Cloud Data Integration Reviews

RS
Data Architect at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Flexible licensing, good connectors, and timely upgrades and patches

• "Their new licensing is very flexible. With Informatica Cloud, you have plenty of items under the same umbrella, such as services, offerings, data quality, and data masking. You have also got master data management and API management. What I really like about them is that you don't need to go to Informatica and say that you need a data integration module. You would say that you need iPaaS or Informatica Cloud. They'll then try to understand your needs and give you IPUs, which are the processing units. If I purchased a hundred IPUs from Informatica as a customer, I can use 70 IPUs for data integration. I would also need data quality, so I can use 10 IPUs for data quality. I can use the remaining 20 IPUs for API management. Down the line, if I see that my initial data integration needs for the development phase are met, then out of the 70 IPUs assigned for data integration, I can use 30 IPUs for data masking. I can shuffle these numbers in any way within the Informatica Cloud umbrella for the tenure for which I have subscribed to these IPUs. I can use all services the way I want. This flexibility is what I really love about Informatica. It also has got good connectors."
  • "The regions in which the data resides are still limited. This could be an issue in terms of the data residency laws of some of the countries. They should get more regions."

What is most valuable?

Their new licensing is very flexible. With Informatica Cloud, you have plenty of items under the same umbrella, such as services, offerings, data quality, and data masking. You have also got master data management and API management. What I really like about them is that you don't need to go to Informatica and say that you need a data integration module. You would say that you need iPaaS or Informatica Cloud. They'll then try to understand your needs and give you IPUs, which are the processing units. If I purchased a hundred IPUs from Informatica as a customer, I can use 70 IPUs for data integration. I would also need data quality, so I can use 10 IPUs for data quality. I can use the remaining 20 IPUs for API management. Down the line, if I see that my initial data integration needs for the development phase are met, then out of the 70 IPUs assigned for data integration, I can use 30 IPUs for data masking. I can shuffle these numbers in any way within the Informatica Cloud umbrella for the tenure for which I have subscribed to these IPUs. I can use all services the way I want. This flexibility is what I really love about Informatica. It also has got good connectors.

What needs improvement?

The regions in which the data resides are still limited. This could be an issue in terms of the data residency laws of some of the countries. They should get more regions.

I have been using this solution for roughly three or four years, but overall, I have around 12 or 13 years of experience in data integration. It is a cloud solution, and it is managed by Informatica. We are always on its latest version.

It has been stable for us. I haven't seen any issues. They provide the upgrades and patches in a timely manner. We don't even realize that the patch has been applied.

This is not a traditional cloud like AWS and Azure, which offer virtual machines, data storage, and compute power. With Informatica cloud, this is not the offering. You need to understand the offering. They are offering a data integration service. The scalability context here would be from the services aspect. If you want to have more data integration, you can do it instantly the way you want. You will be charged if it is beyond your subscription. They also have data quality and all the data management tools.

Its initial setup is pretty straightforward and not at all time-consuming. They just offer one simple software that communicates on your local system. You have to enter the org IDs, etc. It also doesn't require a lot of hardware.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. It is definitely worth a try, and you will definitely benefit from it and see the value of implementing it in your organization. They are a leader in the Gartner Quadrants. The offerings that these guys are giving with the new licensing model, such as IPUs consumption, are excellent. You don't need to worry about what do you want to purchase. You just need to worry about the number of IPUs that you need to purchase. You can shuffle around all types of services under the same umbrella.

I would rate Informatica Cloud Data Integration an eight out of ten. It loses two points because of the region limitations.

Other
SS
Senior Technical Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
This is a one-stop shop with everything provided in one platform

• "Whether we need data cleansing or data mastering, we get it all in one platform."
  • "Connectivity could be improved, it can be a little slow."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for cloud-to-cloud migration so our clients have all applications and data on their Oracle solutions, and we move it from there to AWS cloud and then to Salesforce. We're an implementation partner with Informatica and I'm the senior technical architect in the company.

What is most valuable?

The connectivity and their whole suite are valuable features. Whether we need data cleansing or data mastering, we get it all in one platform. There's no need to test different cloud vendors and then integrate with one solution. Informatica is a one-stop shop.

What needs improvement?

The one thing that I think could be improved is connectivity with the Salesforce because if you're loading a huge amount of data, whatever optimization is carried out, takes some time and it could be a little faster.

I've been using this solution for a year.

We had some very minor issues initially, but the product is stable. We haven't experienced any down time.

We've just completed the first part of the implementation. In the upcoming months we plan to carry out multiple implementations and then we might see some challenges in the scalability. I think it will be fine. I have about 35 users in my team - around 40% are developers, 30% are testers and QAs and then a few are designers, data modelers, and architects.

The way we carried out our transformation was throwing some junk value as an output and that meant we had to reach out to Informatica to see what kind of configuration changes might be required. They were pretty quick to respond and knowledgeable about the issue, and dealt with it very well.

The initial setup was very simple and took a couple of days. AWS provided everything for us.

We initially wanted to build the programming language in Python but the client's needs made us realize that Informatica was the way to go. Our initial design was something different and it was the cost that put us off going with Informatica as a first choice. If we had worked with something like Python, it could possibly have been more scalable and the cost reduced.

What other advice do I have?

If cost is not a issue then I would recommend Informatica as the tool of choice.

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, Matillion, MuleSoft and others in Cloud Data Integration. Updated: November 2021.
552,695 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AC
BI Consultant at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Powerful data transformation capabilities and a strong technical support team

• "I do a quite a lot of data transformations, and the fact that I can do them without changing any of my SQL queries from the code, using the inbuilt tools, is very helpful."
  • "I would like to see support for more data sources."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is connecting to the AWS S3 buckets and AWS instances in the cloud, extracting data from on-premises, and pushing it to the cloud. I think that's a perfect use case for Informatica Cloud.

What is most valuable?

I do a quite a lot of data transformations, and the fact that I can do them without changing any of my SQL queries from the code, using the inbuilt tools, is very helpful. Very few tools outside of Informatica have the ability to do that.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for more data sources. At this point in time, I'm not sure if they are supporting Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud, but continually adding new data sources is one area that they can improve on.

The deployment could be somewhat simplified. One drawback is that you need a separate server for it. However, from an enterprise point of view, it is worth it because the product is good.

I have been using Information Cloud Data Integration for about one year.

I have had no trouble in terms of stability.

The scalability is quite good.

Informatica has a strong support team and they are very good.

The initial setup is complex. It isn't easy because it needs a separate server of its own.

What other advice do I have?

I am a fan of Informatica and it is definitely a product that I recommend because of its inbuilt capabilities. At the same time, I would like to see more data sources added. Inclusion of support for Azure and Google Cloud would be a game-changer, wherein companies can move their analytics capabilities to the cloud instead of being on-premises.

If you have the money then you should implement it. Otherwise, there are many open-source tools in the market, although you will still have to invest quite a lot in terms of resources because the individual transformations still need to be built.

Nandha Kumar Thangavelu
Technical Architect at Cognizant
Great user interface; could be more user friendly with a simplified mapping task

• "The user interface which is very easy to use if we have any problems to solve."
  • "A general improvement in icons and the virtual interface would be good."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for the solution has been in some of our smaller pilot projects.

What is most valuable?

One of the main valuable features is the user interface which is very easy to use if we have any problems to solve. We don't need to install any client machines to do this, we can access from any machine.

For the past six and a half years I also worked with PowerCenter, so I used to see the big icons and it's very easy for me to do. But with moving to Cloud there have been some challenges but it's getting better. We are able to connect to a lot of structured data, there are a lot of provisions.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be more user friendly with a simplified mapping task. In general, improvements could be made in mapping. When we create mapping from uploaded data, I'd like to see integrational mapping. I possibly need some extra time to grasp it all but a general improvement in icons and the virtual interface would be good for us. We are working as developers and we're working with the solution on a daily basis so any improvement would be good in this area.

As far as my knowledge base goes, I feel pretty good with the stability of the product.

I think technical support is awesome. Initially it feels challenging connecting with IACS, but I am able to get assistance and then apply it immediately. I feel like we're always getting good support from Informatica, even when there are technical challenges, it's one of the best things about the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a six out of 10.

Private Cloud
SS
Data Analyst at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
MSP
Stable with a straightforward initial setup and a good user interface

• "The solution's initial setup is quite straightforward."
  • "There may be some types of limitations with the performance."

What is most valuable?

The user interface is good.

The solution's initial setup is quite straightforward.

What needs improvement?

I haven't had too much time with the solution. There may be much to be improved. However, I still need time with it.

There may be some types of limitations with the performance.

I've been using the solution for a couple of weeks. It hasn't been too long.

The solution is quite stable. We do not have any issues with it crashing and there are not bugs or glitches.

The solution is very scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it should not face any issues doing so.

I am not sure how many users are actually on the solution in our organization.

We will be continuing to use the solution.

We have dealt with technical support and they are very good. We are quite satisfied with their level of service.

We did previously use another solution.

The initial setup is not complex. The implementation is quite straightforward, actually.

As a cloud solution, the deployment doesn't take too long.

I handled the implementation and deployment myself.

I'm not sure what the licensing is for the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Informatica.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

I'd recommend the solution to others. Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Product Categories
Cloud Data Integration
Download our free Cloud Data Integration Report and find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, Matillion, MuleSoft, and more!