Informatica Cloud Data Integration OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Informatica Cloud Data Integration is #2 ranked solution in top Cloud Data Integration tools. IT Central Station users give Informatica Cloud Data Integration an average rating of 8 out of 10. Informatica Cloud Data Integration is most commonly compared to Informatica PowerCenter:Informatica Cloud Data Integration vs Informatica PowerCenter. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 35% of all views.
What is Informatica Cloud Data Integration?
Informatica Cloud Data Integration is a unified and modern user experience across all iPaaS patterns, supported by a meta-data driven, modular, artificial intelligence-based microservices architecture tailored for IT, developers, and business users. It help delivers accessible, trusted, and secure data to facilitate more valuable business decisions and identify competitive advantages. Informatica Cloud Data Integration can help to distribute data warehouse and analytics projects. Features include the following: Deliver integrated and relevant data, Scale with data synchronization and replication, Integrate asset management, Support high-volume workloads, Design cloud mappings and Execute visual data integration flows.

Download the Cloud Data Integration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Informatica Cloud Data Integration Customers

Chicago Cubs, Telegraph Media Group

Informatica Cloud Data Integration Video

Archived Informatica Cloud Data Integration Reviews (more than two years old)

ChristopheFournel
Fondateur at Data Integration Consulting
Reseller
The data integration features are good and the technical support is fast and effective

• "The features I find most valuable is the synchronization, verification, functionalities and all the data integration features."
  • "I would also like to have profiling functionalities and quality transformations in the cloud."

What is our primary use case?

We use Informatica Cloud Data Integration mainly for monthly mapping tasks. We work with it on cloud because we help customers to use the solution and to integrate it on their database and on their information systems.

What is most valuable?

The features I find most valuable is the synchronization, verification, functionalities and all the data integration features. I have been academically trained and earned the Cloud Academy badges 101 and 201. Currently, I am training to use this solution in real-time.

What needs improvement?

It's very easy to develop with the solution whenever we have an evolution for the data integration. Perhaps the web services need to improve because when you create a new data file and add some changes, we must edit it and create a web service transformation again. So, in my opinion, the functionality is bad and it needs to improve to make web service transformation better and easier.

I have been working with Informatica solutions for more than 16 years now.

I have developed a good relationship with the technical team and they usually assist me immediately whenever I have an issue.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I rate this solution an eight. I haven't seen the functionalities of this tool yet. The data quality is good but I still need to test the B2B gateway of the data quality. I would like to have profiling functionalities and quality transformations in the cloud so that I can directly integrate quality transformations inside the cloud. In the next version, I would like to have more tools for monitoring and perhaps also a system dashboard on our homepage.

GC
Data Governance & Lineage Product Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Integrates our applications on our site and cloud but the user experience is complex

• "The program is stable and scalable."
  • "One area that needs to improve is the user experience because it is very complex. The trial version is very complex so it's not easy to start using the program immediately. You must study the rules first."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is managing different environments. We have some applications on our site and some applications on the cloud so we use Informatica to integrate everything.

What is most valuable?

When we use Informatica, we have a complete global vision of our clouds and the local application data and that is very important for us.

What needs improvement?

I have been using the program for two to three months.

The program is very stable and more complex than other solutions.

When it comes to network tests, the solution is very scalable.

The technical support is great and the team is very resourceful and helpful.

I found the initial setup rather complex and difficult. Our first project took about a month to deploy. The program is very powerful and it has many features. In order to understand everything and to know what each feature does, is rather complex. As system administrators, we used people from TCS, Tata Consultants, to help us with the deployment. We currently use two people for deployment, to create a standard blueprint, and two people for maintenance.

We did look at another solution but it is very complex. Although it is a fast solution, it doesn't have the same level of power as Informatica.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to maintain the program as it is very powerful. I rate this solution a seven out of ten. Not a ten because of the complexness.

Find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, Matillion, MuleSoft and others in Cloud Data Integration. Updated: November 2021.
552,695 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Brendan  Smith
Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good for building mockups and tasks

• "The most valuable feature is the building of mockups and tasks."
  • "I would like to see more functionality added so that it is a bit closer to how much you can do with Informatica PowerCenter."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for integration and development.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the building of mockups and tasks.

The user interface is fine.

What needs improvement?

Having a better dashboard would be an improvement.

I have been using this solution for four or five months.

This solution is stable, and we haven't had any issues.

This is a scalable solution.

I have not had to contact Informatica. Any issue that I have had, I've been able to solve it by looking for something online.

The initial setup of this solution is relatively straightforward. It usually takes about an hour to deploy.

We have six or seven people in our team, which is enough to support this solution.

We perform the deployment ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

For anybody who is implementing this solution, I would say that as long as they've got some kind of experience with ETL, or other Informatic products, then it should be absolutely fine.

This is a solution that I recommend.

Peter P. Le
I.T. Specialist - Data Architect - Solution Architect at United States Department of Defense
Mapping designer seems to be easier to use which is a great improvement

What is our primary use case?

Migrate workloads from on-prem. That's the usual scenario for many customers in the past.  The question is if IICS could help painlessly.

How has it helped my organization?

Don't know yet. In a trial now. There is much to find out, first and foremost, its performance level when compared with on-prem.

What is most valuable?

Mapping designer seems to be easier to use even when compared with PowerCenter which is a great improvement.

What needs improvement?

The availability of connectors from the get-go, not just waiting for additional, extra ones to be added. That's it.

RP
Software Architect at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees

• "It has become an easy way to exchange information through any cloud application."
  • "The biggest challenge I see is the IDE's for the cloud and automization are different."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this product is two-fold:

• Reporting- If the users want to visualize into a meaningful report then they would pass on that as a requirement to the Informatica team. This goes to the Informatica team, which will then apply the business rules and validation, cleansing or whatever else is needed on top of the data set.
  • ETL-There is a lot of information that is required by multiple downsizing applications. So, if the file of information is huge, it does not fit into application integration use case so then Informatica can take a huge set of data and pass it onto several downsizing applications.

How has it helped my organization?

It has become an easy way to exchange information through any cloud application. As the overall solution guidelines that we get from our solution checking, a connection to an outside cloud application cannot be a direct integration.

What is most valuable?

My most valuable features of this solution are that the DI team uses the Informatica Powercenter, which is an automized tool that Informatica provides. For quite some time, they have been using this. So, the cloud products are coming from the same school of thought, which makes it more believable that it can do whatever it is required to do. And, I think that was the primary reason for going with Informatica on Cloud The majority in terms of dating their product promptly is something that is quite apparent.

What needs improvement?

The biggest challenge I see is the IDE's for the cloud and automization are different. They could have made an IDE in such a way that you can write an integration for the cloud. If I had the flexibilty of making that decision later, that would be a great benefit to have.

In addition, another improvement could be if you develop and design your integration without being connected to the server. If you could deploy it anywhere, that would be helpful.

I think that it is the best in the category.

It is scalable.

We have our own team that helps us with support issues. I do not have any experience with the Informatica tech support team.

We also have prior experience with IBM Cast Iron.

I was not involved on the initial setup.

A product must have: quality, performance,good pricing and scalability.

We also considered MuleSoft. We reviewed MuleSoft and found it to be a competitor that has some of the features missing from Informatica. But, it is not completely a perfect competition because it is more into application integration and API management. But, I think that Informatica can aspire to do the same.

We also considered Dell Boomi Atmosphere, but we did not do much research into that particular solution.

What other advice do I have?

The amount of usage that we see in Informatica on Cloud is going to increase. And, correspondingly, the usage of the automized version of Informatica that we use is going to decrease because exchanges are going to be more towards the cloud.

I suggest that someone considering this solution should take a minimilaistic free license, and do a proper analysis of the solution.

it_user674064
Business Analyst/Data Engineer with 51-200 employees
You can find almost any product connection that you need.

What is most valuable?

I like the fact that you can find almost any product connection that you need and the list is always expanding.

How has it helped my organization?

Basically, it just allows connections with Amazon AWS/S3/Redshift.

What needs improvement?

It needs to be a little more intuitive but it’s really not bad. There are plenty of examples as how to use the product from Informatica and YouTube.

I have used this solution for less than a year.

After the initial setup, the tool seems pretty stable.

There is plenty of online support available from Informatica.

Which solution did I use previously and why did I

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

Basically, it just allows connections with Amazon AWS/S3/Redshift.

What needs improvement?

I have used this solution for less than a year.

After the initial setup, the tool seems pretty stable.

There is plenty of online support available from Informatica.

In the past, we have used Informatica PowerCenter.

We implemented this product in-house and my advice is just read all the available online support documentation that you can find.

What other advice do I have?

Read through the online documentation that is available.

it_user669330
Project Manager Oracle Applications at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Data synchronization tasks, mapping designer tasks and scheduling are valuable features.

• "Data synchronization tasks."
  • "Error reporting and debugging need improvement."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are:

• Data synchronization tasks
  • Mapping designer tasks
  • Scheduling

How has it helped my organization?

We are using this for integration of on-premise Oracle EBS, Navision and cloud applications, such as Salesforce, BigMachines, etc.

What needs improvement?

Error reporting and debugging need improvement.

They need to improve on the upgrade testing process from their end so that it does not cause any issue to existing functionality/setup.

I have been using this solution for 36 months.

Sometimes after upgrades, it gives some trouble for already working tasks. We need to report bugs to get a solution from Informatica.

We have not had scalability issues.

I rate support 8/10.

We did not have a previous solution.

Setup was straightforward and easy to work with.

I am not involved in pricing and licensing.

We looked at Dell Boomi.

What other advice do I have?

Informatica Cloud is easy for development and maintenance. It really works fast and is scalable.

it_user643899
Solution Architect at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
One of the most valuable features is the mapping designer.

• "The Mapping Designer allows for declarative ETL development (visual scripting) that leverages a wide array of different transformations."
  • "There are a small number of UI bugs that occur on occasion."

What is most valuable?

The designer allows for the creation of mappings to be leveraged as templates. Within the templates, parameters can be set up that serve as variables for deployment to mapping configuration tasks.

Mapping Configuration Tasks, MCTs, are specific uses of a mapping to fit a situation or set of circumstances.

How has it helped my organization?

With my firm, our use of Informatica Cloud is primarily to implement a set of financial integrations from various accounting systems into a Salesforce environment.

By leveraging Informatica Cloud Mapping Designer, we were able to create sets of reusable templates that were source agnostic. This made supporting the integration for hundreds of customers feasible with just a small team of integration specialists.

What needs improvement?

There are a small number of UI bugs that occur on occasion.

In several browsers, such as Chrome, elements of the UI can disappear when navigating through steps in any of the integration tasks' wizards. Additionally, on data synchronization tasks, the source fields in a mapping can disappear altogether as well.

Also, the product is so new, that any points not covered in the documentation prove difficult to research online.

I have been using Informatica Cloud for two years.

There is currently no active failover for Informatica Cloud Secure Agents. This is the service used to process source information in client environments.

Therefore if a Secure Agent running a job goes down, the job will not wait or failover to another agent. It will fail as well.

We have not had any scalability issues so far.

Technical support is stellar. The time zone can prove an issue, as their support is all in Pacific Standard Time (PST).

We did not have a previous solution.

The installation and configuration of the Secure Agent is a breeze.

Jitterbit, SnapLogic, and MuleSoft were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

Informatica is likely to make this their flagship product. It is a solid investment to move to this ETL now. There will continue to be a slew of new features and product improvements in the near future that may increase the cost of the license.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: OEM agreement/partnership.
it_user664641
Informatica Cloud System Lead at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
Some of the valuable features are data replication tasks and REST APIs.

• "REST API: Excellent for scripting control and reporting mechanisms"
  • "User/group administration could use improvement."

What is most valuable?

• Data Replication Tasks: Easy to configure, for the most part reliable, and also what my system deals with the most.
  • REST API: Excellent for scripting control and reporting mechanisms

How has it helped my organization?

Ease of use, configurability, maintainability, and good aesthetics make for a more fluid functional process.

What needs improvement?

User/group administration could use improvement.

I have been using this solution for 15 months.

No stability issues as of yet.

The REST API could have the ability to generate tasks, and certain manual functions like updating/deleting data replication tasks could come with a bulk update option somehow.

I would give technical support a rating of 10/10. They are just incredible.

I inherited this solution in its infancy, but I don't have the details.

The setup was straightforward.

Licensing is difficult to understand, but the team is always available to explain anything. They are very helpful.

I did not evaluate any alternative solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Pose any and every question/doubt/concern to the team, especially with respect to licensing. They are excellent in their communication.

it_user664623
Informatica Lead - Architect at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We value the data replication and data sync jobs. We would like to see stable connectivity.

• "Replication allows us to fully replicate all objects from Shop Floor Data Collection (SFDC) to in-house/on-premises database in one job."
  • "Performance also needs to be significantly improved, especially when connecting to SFDC for read and write operations."

What is most valuable?

I particularly value data replication and data sync jobs. Replication allows us to fully replicate all objects from Shop Floor Data Collection (SFDC) to in-house/on-premises database in one job.

I also appreciate the flexibility of the reset target option to reflect the source object structural changes to be implemented on the target database table side. This is awesome.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped the organization to always have the backup of SFDC data in-house for data warehousing purposes.

What needs improvement?

• Stable connectivity: No matter what, our business requires steady, stable, and consistent connectivity. Regardless of how many columns in an SFDC object or how many rows in an SFDC object, we must have steady connectivity.
  • Performance also needs to be significantly improved, especially when connecting to SFDC for read and write operations.

I have used this product for five years.

There are stability issues, especially when connecting to SFDC. At times, we do see connection time-out errors, though we have changed the properties in Informatica secure agent properties. We have also noticed that sometimes it does not cooperate well with SFDC read and write operations.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

Technical support can be described as average.

The client was using data loader, but as the demand increased to replicate the data and frequency of data replication, they moved on to Informatica Cloud.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. You just have to login to the server where you want to download, install, and run the Informatica secure agent

The pricing structure is good, but having to pay for extra drivers to be used in an ICS environment makes me a little nervous.

The client had already purchased this solution and it was up and running in all of their different environments

What other advice do I have?

It’s a great product which allows the connection to a number of cloud based technologies such as Workday and Salesforce.

it_user660603
Director at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Integration is flexible and loosely coupled.

• "It is quite easy to use and flexible."
  • "The vendor should have more training resources: online classes, free tutorial videos, etc."

What is most valuable?

It is quite easy to use and flexible.

How has it helped my organization?

With recent versions of cloud-based products in use for all applications, it provides flexibility in integrating the different applications. With AWS S3 and Informatica, integration is flexible and loosely coupled.

What needs improvement?

I have used this product for six months.

We have not yet had any issues with stability, as we are just beginning our journey.

Yet to be determined.

So far, so good.

We recently started migrating and using SaaS-based application solutions. On-premises, there are multiple integration platforms being used, such as BizTalk and SAP PI.

Since it is SaaS based, no setup was required, except for the installation on a secure agent.

I was not involved in pricing and licensing.

I was not involved in the selection process.

What other advice do I have?

It is quite useful and flexible compared to other vendors in terms of cost of implementation and use case.

it_user628038
Senior Manager Global Business Services at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
It has no complex software nor does the startup need to be installed. It is easy to share with others.

What is most valuable?

It is a cloud-based solution. This means it has no complex software nor does the startup need to be installed. However, a cloud agent is required.

How has it helped my organization?

Like most cloud-based solutions, it is easy to share with others. For example, let's say I am working on a site and decide to hand-off to another team member. He can essentially pick up where I left off, provided that he has the same set of files.

What needs improvement?

Informatica goes down for maintenance quite a lot due to the upgrades. They also need to improve their security. As an administrator, I could very easily make connections to other people's machines through their agent without their knowledge.

I have used this solution for two years.

There were no stability issues.

There is a slowdown when using the mapping feature. This may be due to the processor's speed or may be a result of the complexity of the browser.

I would give the technical support a rating of 9/10. They are very good, once they are aware of the issues. However, sometimes we need to fill out multiple help desk tickets and give them reminders in order to get an active response.

We are partners with a number of different companies. This is the first cloud-based solution. It serves the client's needs well, as the solution is not overly complex, such as during replication between different databases or systems.

The setup was very straightforward. Once the agent is installed, you can then be up and running.

We work with Informatica to establish the pricing and licensing fees. I personally have not sold this product to clients, but I have been involved with presales and demos.

We chose to be Informatica partners, so we just ended up with this version.

What other advice do I have?

Understand the needs of your organization. I strongly advise an understanding of the Informatica PowerCenter, so as to achieve the full effectiveness of this tool.

For simple replication, it works well. However, there are some other free tools that can also do the trick of replication just as nicely.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are Informatica Partners.
it_user624771
Tech Lead at a tech company
Provides the basic functionalities to implement ETL logic. The error information provided is not informative.

• "The Mapping Configuration and PowerCenter wizards are valuable. We use them to run our business logic."
  • "The error information provided is not informative, as compared to Power Center."

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

• Provides the basic functionalities to implement ETL logic
  • Can be accessed from a web browser or from any device with internet connectivity.
  • We need not be in the office to perform tasks
  • We use it to run jobs, even at midnight, based on the requests of the business users.

What needs improvement?

It needs lot of improvement from the admin to the development side. There are many known issues while mapping. The error information provided is not informative, as compared to Power Center.

I have used this solution for around six months.

There used to be performance issues. Throughput is slow when we do not have the Informatica Secure Agent running on the DB instance.

It has not yet been identified.

I would give the technical support a rating of 2/5. Informatica doesn't provide on-call or technical support for AWS instances. We need to rely on responses from the forums if we raise any queries.

I have used Power Center. I switched to the Informatica Cloud (IC), as it is cheaper compared to Power Center. It gave us a chance to explore a new tool and technology.

The setup is straightforward

It is cost effective and an easily accessible tool.

What other advice do I have?

It totally depends on the business requirements and the budget. I have been working on Informatica for more than nine years, and I recommend using their products.

Product Categories
Cloud Data Integration
Download our free Cloud Data Integration Report and find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, Matillion, MuleSoft, and more!