Informatica Data Integration Hub OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Informatica Data Integration Hub is the #33 ranked solution in our list of top Data Integration Tools. It is most often compared to Informatica PowerCenter: Informatica Data Integration Hub vs Informatica PowerCenter

What is Informatica Data Integration Hub?

Informatica Data Integration Hub empowers large organizations to embrace change and the opportunities of new applications and analytics systems, while managing storage in Hadoop as well as relational database and file store options. The centralized modern hubbased architecture is the foundation for agile and managed enterprise data integration. As the first to apply a publish/subscribe model to data integration linking big data, cloud, and traditional systems, Informatica delivers productivity and intelligent automation without compromising control.

Informatica Data Integration Hub is also known as Informatica Integration Hub, Integration Hub.

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Informatica Data Integration Hub Customers

Humana, Rabobank, State of Washington

Informatica Data Integration Hub Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Informatica Data Integration Hub pricing:
  • "Comparatively, their prices are a little bit too high."

Informatica Data Integration Hub Reviews

MA
Senior Solutions Architect at NessPRO Italy
A centralized repository for orchestrating and sharing data but performance can be a little slow

• "Performance and flexibility-wise, they're very user-friendly."
  • "The initial setup was not very straightforward. Not complex, but not very simple either."

What is our primary use case?

We are simply service providers; I don't think our relationship with Informatica is that strong. We have a financial client that has a very good relationship with Informatica. They were recently using PowerCenter and IDQ, but a couple of years ago, they purchased DIH. Recently they have been doing some POC using Informatica, Enterprise Data Catalog. They have a great relationship with Informatica.

What is most valuable?

We don't use Informatica Data Integration Hub extensively. I enjoy using it to create multiple publishing models.

What needs improvement?

The solution is good but recently, we have stopped using this product because we were not using it extensively. If you are using Data Integration Hub, it should be as a centralized repository, where it can communicate with many systems. For our current client, we are only using it for two source systems, which are not driving big revenue. For this reason, we stopped using Data Integration Hub and started publishing the news directly.

At present, I am not sure how many sources it can communicate with (how many multiple connectors are available). Nowadays, they're coming up with many connectors. It can communicate with all of the Cloud connectors and Cloud databases. If they could leverage social media connectors, I think that would be great a great asset. If they added this feature, it would be much more scalable.

I have been using this solution for almost two years.

We encountered a few bugs in the coding page, but we faced bigger issues with Informatica PowerCenter. The data was not loading correctly for certain multi-regional datasets; when we analyzed the data, we tracked it to the same code page from the starting point to the end. Other than that, we never faced any difficult situations.

We never had to use their technical support. We resolved any issues ourselves and thankfully, we never experienced any problems that we could not handle.

Deployment took roughly one week — 40 hours max from start to finish.

We have a team of 30 to 40 people who handle all maintenance-related issues.

Informatica products are always increasing in price. Nowadays, many of their customers are leaving and seeking other data integration tools. That's the only drawback with Informatica. Performance and flexibility-wise, they're very user-friendly, but comparatively, their prices are a little bit too high.

What other advice do I have?

Presently, everything is moving to the cloud, and moreover, many people are moving to Snowflake Data Warehouse, as it provides more scalability. I feel the usage of DIH is very limited compared to Snowflake because Snowflake holds and stores highly compressed data and allows you to use different cloud-based tools, including AWS services, DCP, and other services. Snowflake also comes with Matillion, which is a very good ETL tool.

The use of DIH is very limited. Anything that we do with DIH, can be done with Snowflake, regardless of the subscription you may have. There are plenty of use cases — you can use it to build tables and consume it from the downstream. For these reasons, I believe that DIH is currently not doing as well as Snowflake in the market.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of seven. Performance-wise, it could be better. The performance-related Issues could be due to low infrastructure, but for whatever reason, sometimes the performance is slow.