MG
Lead BI&A Consultant at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Stable, easy to install, and has a good graphical user interface

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for ETL processes.

What is most valuable?

It has a very good graphical interface. It has the possibility to intervene in the automatic ETL.  It has a lot of components.  It has a Data Catalog that uses the Model repository.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be improved.

I have been providing Informatica PowerCenter since 2005.

Informatica PowerCenter is a very stable product.

Technical support could be faster.

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for ETL processes.

What is most valuable?

It has a very good graphical interface.

It has the possibility to intervene in the automatic ETL.

It has a lot of components.

It has a Data Catalog that uses the Model repository.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be improved.

I have been providing Informatica PowerCenter since 2005.

Informatica PowerCenter is a very stable product.

Technical support could be faster.

The latest versions are easy to install because it's cloud-based. You needed approximately four hours to install the older versions.

It's quite expensive.

Our customers pay a licensing fee yearly.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. It is also a question of the purpose and how big the company is. It's an investment.

I would rate Informatica PowerCenter a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
RS
Database Administrator and Applications Specialist at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Utilized to ease and speed up building integrations between applications

What is our primary use case?

Integration between different applications, such as Hospital Information Systems built on AS400 and in-house legacy. It is old data structure file based as opposed to relational. Therefore, it was very difficult to connect and integrate with other new applications. We used Informatica to read from our Hospital Information System and transform the data into a relational model in order to speed up reporting and do cleansing of the data. We also used Informatica to integrate SQL Server based applications with our Oracle applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Ease and speed of building integrations, especially integrations between different applications, such as our Hospital Information System.

What is most valuable?

The GUI.

For how long

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The GUI.

10 years.

Its maintenance is expensive.

Yes, we evaluated SSIS and IBM. We also looked at additional features in Informatica.

Learn what your peers think about Informatica PowerCenter. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
543,936 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RK
Team Lead Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Excellent technical support and an easy setup

• "The technical support is excellent."
  • "There is a need to buy a separate license if one wishes to connect with some kind of SAP system, such as SalesForce."

What needs improvement?

PowerCenter has yet to announce additional features. The face that it has not made improvements is fine, as it is very easy to integrate. We are in touch with the vendors of products other than Informatica PowerCenter.

The reason I chose to rate the solution as a nine out of ten is because there is a need to buy a separate license if one wishes to connect with some kind of SAP system, such as SalesForce.

I've been using Informatica PowerCenter for more than 16 years.

The technical support is excellent.

The initial setup is easy.

The price is mostly reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I am satisfied with the solution.

I rate Informatica PowerCenter as a nine out of ten.

Download our free Informatica PowerCenter Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.