Information Builders WebFOCUS Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
industry
rating
Nov 09 2018

What is most valuable?

The features that I have found the most helpful is the WebFOCUS portal and InfoAssist. The portal allows users to display information in multiple containers that when… more»

How has it helped my organization?

Information Builders allows decision makers to harness the power of data to make strategic decisions that will advance the goals and objectives of the organization… more»

What needs improvement?

The service levels are remarkable. The products are great as well. Information Builders should create a way to create predictive models without having to be a… more»

The cost is reasonable, the initial setup can be complicated, so FastTrack is suggested.

We have used Cognos which can be complicated for casual users.

What other advice do I have?

We've considered Cognos and Tableau.
Nov 09 2018

What is most valuable?

Learning RSTAT and will be implementing a model hopefully soon. Pull a lot of data for analysis autonomously.

How has it helped my organization?

WebFOCUS has improved reporting and is still a work in progress. We are currently working on converting MS Excel files into a data mart for greater efficiencies.

What needs improvement?

More access via end users without using reporting objects. Easy way to create charts and graphs for reporting to executive staff.

Upper Management makes the determination and IT.

Since working for the State of MD, WebFOCUS is what I was introduced to. From the private sector, I used proprietary software that was very user-friendly providing analysis to our customers.

What other advice do I have?

I enjoy WebFOCUS, but would like to be able to export Excel files on my own.
Find out what your peers are saying about Information Builders, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: September 2019.
371,355 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Nov 09 2018

What is most valuable?

We use WebFOCUS AppStudio and Report Caster. WebFOCUS is very flexible to use, and a quick learning tool for new developers. So it's easier to bring a developer on board.

How has it helped my organization?

WebFOCUS helped SSA OHO manage our daily workload, get cases out quickly and help American people to get their disability claim processed on time.

What needs improvement?

If IBI can make each release of WebFOCUS consistent, we don't have to make changes for each release, it will be very helpful.

Since I joined SSA, our group was using WebFOCUS, and no change since then.

What other advice do I have?

It's a great reporting tool, keep up good work!

Nov 09 2018

What is most valuable?

Reporting canvas makes it easier to put reports together quickly. Meta data canvas allows us to create complex relationship once to be used often.

How has it helped my organization?

Has made it easier to produce reports quickly along with dashboards and charts able to respond quickly to congressional inquiries.

What needs improvement?

IIt would be nice to have it easier to embed native sql. Release process in our set up is not the safest since it requires changing paths.

For MI, some users used EPM. I didn't use that personally, however. The last solution I used was Cobol. Outdated technology.

What other advice do I have?

Overall it is a user-friendly and powerful solution.

A separate committee explored other solutions like Tableau.
Nov 09 2018

What do you think of Information Builders WebFOCUS?

What is our primary use case?

We provide disability data MI to our agency. Our environment setup with version 8 is under one server for all environments (DEV, VAL, Analysis & Production). We are currently converting our applications from 7.6.02 to 8.2

How has it helped my organization?

Our BI Tools group have determined that we will be using WebFOCUS for most of our MI. So, now we have uniformed most of the applications into WebFOCUS.

What is most valuable?

We like using Report Caster with our applications. We just started using Report Library, which will help the users look into one product.

What needs improvement?

We will be using the conversion process soon. I hope this will be an easy process converting from 7.6 to 8.02.

More…
Nov 09 2018

What do you think of Information Builders WebFOCUS?

What is our primary use case?

WebFOCUS updates, the training, as I am working on a project that will be for each program. Portal for each program.

How has it helped my organization?

It improved our reporting system a lot. The availability, presentation, and timeliness are way better.

What is most valuable?

The WebFOCUS info assists and Excel base quick data, it provides information at times when it is needed.

What needs improvement?

Upgrade and more module training, we are about to do an app studio upgrade and our team is working on getting training for our agency.

More than five years.

It gives better information and reliability.

What do I think about the scalability of

Nov 09 2018

What is most valuable?

All features are awesome and helpful in so many ways. Predictive analytics is a great tool. ReportCaster is cool too.

How has it helped my organization?

The tool helps in planning and management, decision making and optimizing resources, analyzing data and coming up with an excellent report presentation.

What needs improvement?

Making it more user-friendly and providing good documentation as user reference guide, online guides, etc.

It is very scalable and caters to business needs of any type.

What other advice do I have?

The product is very stable. Customer service is always available and is exceptional.

Nov 09 2018

What is most valuable?

Web App Studio, and write a report via SQL or using report writer. I can write SQL using developer and export the state to app studio.

How has it helped my organization?

Report rewriting is easy, use like the format. Offenders court data is easy to write and analyze data.

What needs improvement?

The interface can be more user-friendly, learning the product via a classroom format. App studio needs to copy report without issue renaming.

Crystal Reports, switch to make the report writing more easy for the user.

What other advice do I have?

I like the product.

Yes, upgrade Crystal Reports to 2016.
See 2 More Information Builders WebFOCUS Reviews

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Information Builders WebFOCUS

371,355 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Information Builders WebFOCUS Questions

What is Information Builders WebFOCUS?

WebFOCUS is a strategic enterprise business intelligence (BI) and analytics platform that enables any executive, manager, analyst, employee, partner, or customer to execute smarter business from trusted data. The platform includes cutting-edge capabilities that provide organizations with everything they need to turn data into insight, and insight into impact.

Also known as
WebFOCUS
Information Builders WebFOCUS customers

Ace Hardware, AutoZone, Fred Hutch, MasterCard, OFS Brands, PostFinance, Real D, Yellow Pages, ABC Financial, AcuSport, BBVA, Babcock

Read Archived Reviews