Infrascale Backup & Disaster Recovery OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Infrascale Backup & Disaster Recovery is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Disaster Recovery as a Service providers. It is most often compared to Datto Cloud Continuity: Infrascale Backup & Disaster Recovery vs Datto Cloud Continuity

What is Infrascale Backup & Disaster Recovery?

Infrascale is an enterprise-grade disaster recovery solution that provides rapid failover to a second site with the flexibility to boot from the appliance or cloud. Delivered as a physical or virtual appliance and includes DR software – it’s DR, your way.

With the average cost of downtime ranging from $8,000 for small business and $700,000 for enterprises, it has become mission critical for CIOs and CEOs to re-evaluate their application and site failover capabilities. Infrascale minimizes the risk of downtime at a price that will make your CFO smile.

Infrascale allows IT to stop buying and managing disparate hardware and software  to solve their DR and backup needs. An administrative dashboard, accessible from any browser or device, makes it easy to recover mission critical applications and systems with push-button simplicity.

Infrascale Backup & Disaster Recovery is also known as Infrascale Platform.

Infrascale Backup & Disaster Recovery Buyer's Guide

Download the Infrascale Backup & Disaster Recovery Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Infrascale Backup & Disaster Recovery Customers

Enterprise Storage Guide, One IT, The 451 Group, AVG, Malwarebytes, Matrix OneSource, Lockheed Martin

Infrascale Backup & Disaster Recovery Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Infrascale Backup & Disaster Recovery pricing:
  • "The appliances have different prices because of storage, size, and memory. For example, the older machines support more virtual machines, whereas the new one only supports one virtual machine. As we have purchased the later appliances, they have probably been a little bit more expensive because they have to be good enough to keep the business running if the physical server goes down. We learned our lesson from the one that went down when we tried to run products and it wasn't quick enough."
  • "It's only in the cloud and there are no extra fees. You just pay for your storage, for the space that you need to use. As an MSP, you can allocate space to clients as you need to."
  • "The licensing is based on how much data you have plus what appliances you need."
  • "You get unlimited clients and buy a bucket of space. In addition to the standard fees there were setup fees."
  • "The pricing is fair, and they are interested in working with MSPs as part of their market."

Stuart-Smith
Technical Director at Computer Driven Solutions
If the physical hardware has a problem, then we can utilize this appliance, turn on the virtual machine, and carry on running the business while correcting the issue

What is our primary use case?

We are an IT support company, so we resell IT and support services. It is our customers who have installations of disaster recovery appliances and cloud backup solutions. We are our customer's IT support company. We are the ones who implement and support it. Our customer pays the bill, but we do all the support, looking after it. I do not back my own data up on Infrascale, but I definitely back up my customers' data. We sell and support two products for our customers. We have four disaster recovery appliances onsite that then back up to the cloud from the appliance. We also have quite a few… more »

• "The recovery of data is the most valuable feature. The software backup, which is just a program that gets installed on a server, can back up to the cloud. You can install that on a server or PC, and that will simply back up a user's files and folders. If it is installed on the server, we just back up the relevant data. Recovering that, if there has been a malicious attack on a business or anything like that, has been invaluable in the past. The good features about that are obviously, if the physical hardware has a problem, then we can utilize the appliance, turn on the virtual machine, and carry on running the business while we put the hardware back and correct the issue."
  • "When you are ordering hardware appliances, they have to be delivered from America. In the past, hard drives on the appliance have been simple SSD drives that are installed. However, they don't have a local supply for the SSD drives in the UK. They have to be exported from the US, arrive, and then I have to go and install them. Then, they will rebuild it from their side of things. However, I could order that same SSD drive online and get it the next day. So, I have to wait days for things to come when I could get the exact same drive the next day in the UK, if I wanted to. That causes a bit of a problem. I don't know how many businesses they have in the UK, but I do think that having to import stuff from the US is a time-consuming problem. If there was a holding in the UK, then we wouldn't have that delay in time."

What other advice do I have?

I push it in my own business. I wouldn't do that if I didn't think it was any good. I would definitely advise others that it is a good product. If you want to back up redirected profiles on a server, you have to go into the scheduler and change the event in there to be a system event, and not run it as an administrator. That is the best thing that I learned, because that enables you to back up redirected folders. However, if you sign up for Infrascale, even they don't know that. So, you can get it to work, but it takes a bit of messing about to do it. If I had to say to somebody, "Get…
Cheyenne Harden
Owner at Cyber Protect
Reseller
Dashboard is intuitive and mature, guiding you through the backup steps required

What is our primary use case?

I'm a reseller of the solution. Any client that has an Office 365 environment or a Google Workspace platform, with a need to back up their email, documents, SharePoint—any of those types of things in the cloud—we look at this tool to back that up and make it immutable. It's a fantastic tool for that. Infrascale Cloud Application Backup is a cloud deployment, so I don't have to be onsite, or go out to a customer site, to deploy it. I can do it remotely across the U.S. It connects right into Office 365 or Google Workspace. I don't require a third-party cloud provider for it. Infrascale is… more »

• "The feature I find most valuable is the backup configuration, particularly in Google Workspace. It's pretty much the same as for Office 365, but it shows you a list of the mailbox or account holders in an organization. If you want to back somebody up, it's literally just a checkbox to choose that individual. It's super simple to say, "I want to back up these mailboxes, but I will leave these other people, who are temporary, unchecked." I can't make a mistake."
  • "The barrier to entry should be smaller. Their ICB (Infrascale Cloud Backup) requires a minimum of one terabyte and the IBDR (Infrascale Backup & Disaster Recovery) requires one terabyte. It would be better if they could do 500 gigabytes. I don't always want to purchase terabytes at a time, although those are different products than what we've been talking about."

What other advice do I have?

I don't think you could do much better than using Infrascale. It's really a no-brainer, with the lack of "throats to choke." You go to one vendor for a problem, you go to one support team. You go to one vendor for any licensing problems. They provide solutions, whether in the cloud, physical, or virtual, and one dashboard to manage it all. The biggest lesson I have learned from using the solution is that backups can be easy. It meets all my needs. The reporting is good, it has encryption in transit, encryption at rest. The ease of use is there.
Learn what your peers think about Infrascale Backup & Disaster Recovery. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Dave Galioto
Network Engineer at ECMSi
Responsive and helpful support, good disaster recovery features, and scales well

What is our primary use case?

We are a managed services provider, so we use them in multiple environments. In our company, we use it as our backup and disaster recovery solution. We have an on-premises appliance that all of our servers and data backup onto. That replicates out to the Infrascale cloud data center and then from there, we have both our on-premises and offsite backups. If anything were to ever happen in the buildings, we can spin up on either appliance, on-premises, or on the cloud, depending on the disaster, and get us back up and running. That's pretty much the same model we use for all of our partners that… more »

• "The most valuable feature is disaster recovery, where we have the ability to boot up VMs quickly in a disaster."
  • "The pricing model that they recently changed to is a little bit complicated, and the biggest area for improvement is a better way of figuring out how to price it."

What other advice do I have?

I would tell anybody who is interested in Infrascale to use it. This is a good product and I recommend it. My advice for anybody who is implementing it is to make sure they utilize the Infrascale resources that they have available. Their tech support and account management teams are among the best we work with and have been super helpful. The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this product is that we should have switched years before we did. This is a solid product, and other than the licensing model, we don't have any complaints. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
Christopher Stucke
IT Manager at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
Fire-and-forget solution and it has a good portal when I need to dig into it

What is our primary use case?

I have remote users and I needed to be able to back up their stuff. So all my remote people have it. I needed a backup solution that was distributed, just like my workforce. It is 100 percent cloud-based, and fire-and-forget. I have also set it up for a few of my high-profile users, which includes all of my management team. Because we're a hospital, there isn't a lot of data on the nurses' workstations, so there's no real need to back those up.

• "Its Critical Server Insurance feature for protecting physical and virtual servers, including Windows, Linux, VMware, and Hyper-V is mandatory for me and it makes me happy. If I had a backup solution that didn't do that, it would not be a backup solution and would not be any good."
  • "They set me up as a vendor, not as a client. So sometimes I end up in the wrong portal and I'm doing vendor things instead of client things, and I didn't realize that right away. Once I figured it out I just changed my favorites on my desktop to go to the client-side."

What other advice do I have?

I'm using SentinelOne for my antivirus malware stuff. They're one of the best in the industry. I don't have a lot of events where I need to pull from backup or recover. I just needed a system that I could use to back up my remote users. I'm not too concerned with Infrascale's malware detection stuff. It was one of those fancy little things they throw-in. As far as the time it would take for a boot-ready failover, it would have zero effect on my operations. My stuff is 100 percent cloud-based, including my EMR, Outlook, and Teams. But I'm utilizing 95 percent of what Infrascale offers, for the…
CS
Director of Technical Operations at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Straightforward to implement, responsible and quick technical support, failover can be done on-premises or in the cloud

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is Disaster Recovery as a Service.

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to boot locally, as well as in Infrascale's cloud. This means that we can either do on-site failover or failover to their cloud."
  • "Having options to replicate between their data centers, once the data is offsite, would be an improvement that they could make."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this product is really solid and they're a very good company to work with. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.