CS
Director of Technical Operations at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Straightforward to implement, responsible and quick technical support, failover can be done on-premises or in the cloud

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to boot locally, as well as in Infrascale's cloud. This means that we can either do on-site failover or failover to their cloud."
  • "Having options to replicate between their data centers, once the data is offsite, would be an improvement that they could make."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is Disaster Recovery as a Service.

How has it helped my organization?

In general, disaster recovery is part of providing a comprehensive IT solution. We work with a lot of organizations in the medical industry and they have to have 24/7 uptime. Having the disaster recovery failover helps our customers meet compliance requirements and also provides continuity of care. We're taking care of people as well as taking care of business.

We have had occasions where our customers experienced a hardware failure and we've been able to leverage Infrascale to allow them to keep working while we remediate the issue. It also provides protection in the event of ransomware. Thankfully, we haven't been impacted by that, but our customers have an assurance that if they do get hit with ransomware, that they don't have to make that hard decision of paying the ransom, which we would not advise them to do.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to boot locally, as well as in Infrascale's cloud. This means that we can either do on-site failover or failover to their cloud.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see more of the hardware appliances using solid-state drives versus mechanical drives so that the speed of backups and speed of restoration is faster. I know that that actually is an option that they are rolling out on some models, so they have started implementing that.

Having greater options for the geographic diversity of the data would be a good feature. Right now, we're just replicating to a single data center. But if that data could then be replicated to a second data center, that would be a value add. It provides a little bit more security because they have, in the past, had data center issues. When this happens, the offsite backups are just taken down. Having options to replicate between their data centers, once the data is offsite, would be an improvement that they could make.

One feature that would be really nice, would be to have the file and folder backup agent that is on-premises able to back up to their Infrascale cloud. As it is now, there are two different steps. Adding this capability would give us one solution to manage all of the different services. For example, having the DRaaS appliance be the central means of managing would be really valuable. As it is now, they have the cloud backup product with its own software agent and its own UI, in addition to the DRaaS appliance. Merging them into one platform would be preferable.

We started working with the Infrascale Platform in 2017, five years ago.

Overall, things have been very stable. Within the last six months or so, there have been significant improvements in stability. Maybe a year or year and a half ago, there were some concerns, but those have been addressed.

We have adopted Infrascale 100% in our environment. The system is definitely scalable; it can scale much higher than anything we have to deal with.

We have 13 network technicians that regularly work with the product.

Infrascale as a company and they're the representatives, both on the sales side and on the service side, are all really good people. They're easy to work with. They're responsive when we have issues, the support is taken care of quickly, and they're very customer-first.

I no longer deal with technical support directly but I review the tickets when we've had to submit one. They've recently overhauled their ticketing system and it seems that our support requests have been handled quickly and efficiently.

Prior to Infrascale, we worked with Accelerite.

Infrascale offered a much more progressive solution. Accelerite was really phasing out their MSP offering. The support was getting poor. The solution just didn't work very well. It wasn't a modern solution, and Infrascale offered a modern solution at a competitive rate.

The initial setup is straightforward and they made onboarding really easy. When we engaged with them, there was a great deal of time spent going over the existing fleet that we were migrating to them, and a deployment plan was created.

We worked out which we were doing first and then second and third, and so on. Deployment was done in phases. So, we never really bit off more than we could chew. There were progress updates and I thought that things were very well coordinated. Also, the onboarding tech that was assigned to us knew the product very well.

We have on-premises machines that replicate to Infrascale's cloud and we onboarded approximately 60 customers to them. These clients were all geographically and vertically distinct and as I recall, it took between six and nine months to complete the deployment for all of them.

We have absolutely seen a return on our investment. Simply, we are able to be profitable in reselling their service.

The pricing is fair, and they are interested in working with MSPs as part of their market. The model is flexible and it integrates with our billing system, so it's an easy choice for us to use them.

We evaluated a couple of solutions, one of which was Datto.

Infrascale was just more willing to work with us and really evaluated what we needed as an MSP. Versus the others that were just basically saying "Here's our solution, take it or leave it."

Infrascale customized the product for us but more in terms of how it was sold, as opposed to how it worked. They worked with us on the pricing model, as well as integrations with our CRM software so that we could bill our clients for the service.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this product is really solid and they're a very good company to work with.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Other
Download our free Infrascale Backup & Disaster Recovery Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.