IQ Bot OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IQ Bot is #3 ranked solution in top Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) tools. IT Central Station users give IQ Bot an average rating of 8 out of 10. IQ Bot is most commonly compared to ABBYY FlexiCapture:IQ Bot vs ABBYY FlexiCapture. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is IQ Bot?

IQ Bot is democratizing dark data processing. IQ Bot is the only AI-based solution that can be easily set up and used by business users to automatically read and process a variety of complex documents and emails, faster. By learning from human behavior, IQ Bot becomes faster and more accurate while reducing setup and operational costs.

IQ Bot Buyer's Guide

Download the IQ Bot Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

IQ Bot Customers

Synergy

IQ Bot Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about IQ Bot pricing:
  • "The licensing is under usage per page, and I wouldn't recommend it."
  • "With the Cloud, the price goes up and down. You only pay for what you use."
  • "It is based on the stages and on a yearly basis."

IQ Bot Reviews

VK
CFO at Travel Food Services ltd
Extraction feature extracts the specific data that we require from the documents

• "The extraction feature is the most valuable one of IQ Bot."
  • "The user should be able to update the data libraries."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use our IQ Bot for scanning documents that we get from the vendors. That is number one. We also use it as an HR input tool. When we receive physical documents from an employee wishing to join us, we run them past our IQ Bot solution, updating the master for all employees.

Ours is a retail business, so we use the solution to do continuous management of our recruitment process. From this perspective, maintaining the records of our employees is one of our key challenges. We use the solution primarily for HR data input, although we also employ it for backups.

At times we have to carry the nutrition facts as these relate to our billing cycle in respect of employees and customers.

Should the employee or customer request this, we must scan the nutrition facts of all the treated goods into our system. Previously, this took time, as there were errors such as would be found with the different classes of sodium-potassium or something in a particular product. We do this with an IQ Bot, as well. But, this is at the proof of concept stage. We have not gone with the dark system, the HR system being light.

What is most valuable?

The extraction feature is the most valuable. Because the post-processing and the pre-processing are very standardized, even from a classification point of view, things are fairly simple, as you still need somebody to feed the data. But, the place where I found the IQ Bots to be a par change in comparison with the other solutions is on the Extraction piece, as it uses good and middle technologies to extract the specific data that we require from the documents.

What needs improvement?

While there is adaptability in terms of the data series, an issue that should be addressed concerns different sizes sitting on deck, for something that can be done respecting the terms of the sizing of the template that the bot should be.

Another issue is that the user should be able to update the data libraries. When it comes to small matters, a person should not need to be at the mercy of an implementation partner or Automation Anywhere for the receipt of instructions to reach out to the technical helpers

For other matters, we worked proactively with IQ Bot to address pain areas that we had encountered in our prior experience, such as that of the design evaluation or of the work we had done with our hardware providers in terms of the quality of the scanning and compression technology. This we addressed because of the inordinate burden on hardware capacity when doing high image scans, something which tremendously raises the size boost. So, we have, over time, optimized that along with the Automation Anyway team.

For anything in a standard location, we have fixed the sizes and do examples in the time of the ULT. Our extensive proactive work with IQ Bot reduced our pain areas.

Furthermore, in the past, I had forgone solutions that are in the scanning mode, such as vendor invoice management or OpenText from this or from Kofax. We contemplated the advantages and disadvantages of a scanning solution, a matter we have been instrumental in addressing. We now refrain from trying to do every conceivable task and to scan the entire document.

I have been using IQ Bot within the past 12 months.

We are not using the latest version of the solution. We have employed the more minor of its two upgrades but not the one which matches the latest version.

The solution is reliable. This said, I always explain to people who ask me about any RPA solution that there are two challenges. The first is that a person will have to estimate the running cost of the IQ Bot throughout the life cycle use of a new plan. So, it should not be evaluated as a one-time solution, as there is a maintenance fee required. A license renewal fee of core EMC charges must be paid. All of this should be taken into account.

Keeping in mind the licensing fees incurred by Automation Anywhere, a deal should be made irrespective of the number of pages.

Otherwise, one may find himself countering good value properties, such as if another license must be purchased after 50,000 or100,000 pages. This would defeat the purpose of the time and investment made in the solution.

As such, one should never view the account being offered as too high to preclude its use. This situation can be encountered faster than one would think. In light of this, it is always better to opt for an unlimited, rather than a limited, license.

It is difficult for me to assess the solution's scalability. We have around 2,000 employees and, assuming that everybody has eight to 10 credentials to be shared, we are attaching only 20,000 or 30,000 copies. So, we haven't, as yet, reached the full potential.

We did not need to make use of the solution's technical support. This is because we made use of our critical six month EMC contract, as part of the standard implementation ring, something we did with Tanium based on our past experience. This allowed us to address, during the six months of post goal life, anything and everything that was not working with the bot.

The initial setup was complex, because if you look at employee certification and data it comes in various forms and formats. It's not like it is with standard A4, A5 or Legal text. Since the shapes vary, we considered the building of a database of the forms and formats to be key, which reduced our pain area.

We are trained to notice when a particular form and factor is not present, something which would stick out to us. This would be, subsequently, fed as a master template into the system, at which point the bot would take over.

This way we reduced the error rate from the bot, updating the master accordingly and its basis for being taken forward.

This allows us to create and feed a format into the system, for recruitment purposes, so that the bot may reference it.

Consequently, our pain areas are dramatically reduced, eliminating much tedium.

The licensing is under usage per page, and I wouldn't recommend it. You should buy it unlimited rather than be restricted in terms of the number of pages.

The pricing has room for improvement. If I had to benchmark all three RPA vendors, I would say that UiPath is cheaper than Automation Anywhere. The second would be Automation Anywhere in terms of flexibility, which beats out UiPath and Blue Prism. This latter is just brewing in India and has yet to grow to the preferred size, as they do not have any customer care based out of the country. It is, instead, based out of the United States, something which does not help me.

What other advice do I have?

In my present company, I was the one who bought RPA and, as part of that solution, we had also gone ahead and bought IQ Bot.

We have a team of eight people who are using the solution. The bot is structured so that it is used by different people for a variety of activities. One is for master creation, both of an employee and a vendor being involved in the system. Therein we get third party documents, which can be read by the bot.

The second concerns the extensive use of the solution that we employ for the reading of invoice copies.

The third concerns the nutrition elements. So, we have roughly two to three people from each function who use it, meaning fewer than 10 people utilizing it at present.

While it is a manned bot, everybody has a schedule. Every Monday morning, for two hours, we handle nine or ten with HR. The recruitment is dealt with on the first Monday of the week. That's when natives run by HR the nutrition or other items. We typically run it on Nemesis, because that's when we have twigged our back-end system to get the deliveries on the deal set date, whereby we can use the bot at one signal run.

This is the point at which we have done the scheduling to manage the bot.

One should not implement this solution until he has the desire to do so. We received it as part of a bundled offer, meaning we had to look for solutions allowing us to make use of it. Only if there is a large amount of scanning, such as a case in which 90 letters produce highly voluminous activity, is an IQ Bot the best solution, absent which a person can manage without the bot. We had already considered HR, but only for the searching of around 20,000 or 30,000 tickets.

If a person has the desired volumes, I would rate IQ Bot as an eight out of ten.

AbhishekChatterjee
Lead Consultant - Automation at ITC Infotech
MSP
Offers native automation for the US but is too expensive

• "I would say that the best feature is that it has native automation for the US."
  • "The first place it could be improved is its price - it is too high. I'm having a lot of difficulty moving it to the customers."

What is most valuable?

I would say that the best feature is that it has native automation for the US. At the end of the day, you still have to do the same amount of coding to actually pull that data into your code, but with the automation, you are sending it to part of the same kernel, or the same interface, and that makes it much easier. Because I've seen sometimes that they say that even ABI can go with BPA, at least according to the label. But with less than 300 BPA, I see that it's not really possible. Same with the kernel. If there are a lot of tables and frames, it messes it up. But that doesn't happen for IQ Bot.

What needs improvement?

The first place it could be improved is its price - it is too high. I'm having a lot of difficulties moving it to the customers. If they could fix that it would be awesome. Because the Automation Anywhere is hardware-intensive, it requires other set-ups, a control room, and it's already taking 16 GB of space. Then if I move to IQ Bot, and I have to set up another server for it, it becomes pretty expensive. And that is where the hardware cost comes in. So I think that if they could reduce the cost thing it would be really helpful.

I would say it is the best choice, especially if you're already on Automation Anywhere. They are working at implementing third-party tools. Right now, I am with the company, but before that, I was with another company as well as IQ Bot. A lot of people have purchased a lot of license work but they have not actually put it to good use, or they were unable to. So, it is a question of quality control. But then again, from a CTA perspective, I would say I know it is possible to increase the optical features, as well.

I am not referring to just character recognition, but for example, let's have the scanner import that image properly. Sometimes in a test it happens that the picture is a bit clearer. Or let's say a company logo. If a print is misaligned, it can figure it out. So I am more than happy regarding their automation technology.

I have been using IQ Bot for about four or five years.

The problem is that some of the invoices are very sensitive. If one of these invoices had bad handwriting it just fizzles out, so what has it accomplished? I think it should be able to scan while it is running itself. It should pop up and say, "I am unable to read this can you please help." In that way, we need more traffic to end-users. Then the bot clears one business invoice. But maybe you can have a guy in shipping who just got there while the bot is running, when these jobs start they post those really fast. The reading part might get confusing.

If the bot could just pop up and say, "look at this is the one that I'm confused with, can you please clarify?" If it could do that while the bot is running in IQ Bot, that would be super cool.

I think there are some security issues if you want to scale up. There are two versions - standard and deluxe, standard for basic bot and deluxe for interface with optical printing. So if you scale more than 20 bots, you have to buy more. We work on our commission anyway so you can have a thousand bots running from the same thing for you.

I was in touch with support a couple of times. They are good. There are two parts to the support. One part is in India, where they recently fired a lot of people. The other part is in the US. That team is awesome.

The support guy I got was a champion. He's the one who helped me with IQ Bot to begin with. The point is that it is okay in terms of the system. But let's say there is a call for the controller. With some claims you should not give permission for virtual control because if the agent crashes it also crashes the other systems that are connected to it, which are not visible to them.

I'll tell you the good part and the bad part of Automation Anywhere. Automation Anywhere is amazing for people who have a vision, a plan, and a strategy. People who know what they are doing and are technically sound. Because automation generally comes with a loss of a sense of control. You need to know to whom to give access and for what. Now the problem is that your computer is your own bot. Now what happens with the bot is that they don't necessarily need an architecture to run it. For Automation Anywhere you really need a control room, and a control room costs $7,000 to $10,000. That's what we get for my company. So that becomes a big roadblock.

Because you can just clear the bot, you can get it to stop. You do not necessarily have to connect to the conclusion to run the bot. I can put some code into the batch file and make it run while the bot is running. But you cannot fulfill your function there. So that is a pro and a con.

Specifically for IQ Bot, I would say the setups that I have done took me about seven to 10 days, at the most.

What other advice do I have?

I would say first to do another determination to see if it's worth it. For example, if you are a banking company and you tell me that I'll have a lot of checks that will need to be verified, I would say that's fine, because the format of the checks will be standard. Although you would have to identify the handwriting. But still, at least the amount of coding is easier. However, if you are doing B2B or B2C, and you have multiple invoices coming in to you, I would say don't do it. Because in India, they're very strategic. I can have a person actually putting it into Excel and then I can have a bot taking over. So that's why I already see that it's very important.

The technology should be business-oriented. So unless it is a high-ticket item they won't even talk to me, because business is first. So if you are trying to host a business on your product it is never going to fly. And the problem with automation is that it is close-ended, it is not initial.

They are pointed towards automated scenarios. You can download a version and do things, but they won't listen to the guys who write the code on the ground technical level. They have a different way of operating, because at the end of the day, it is just business. Their mindset is to catch on to the top-level bosses or leaders.

You can do it for a couple of months, or maybe a year or two. They launched version 7.3 two years back, all with multiple backers. In two years you are ensuring that you are out of date. Do you think any product with a life cycle of two years is worth it? I don't. You don't even get value return in two years. Because of the building of the bots, building on a higher component, it takes minimum three years or more to break even. And that is with your bot not completing your applications.

On a scale of one to ten I would rate IQ Bot a 7.

Learn what your peers think about IQ Bot. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,382 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RP
Director Intelligent Automation at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Great templates mean all basics can be pre-defined which saves us a lot of time and money

• "Good templates means that all basics are pre-defined."
  • "Could improve with regard to hand-written documents."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is primarily used for financial use cases like invoice processing and inventory reconciliation processes. Those are the classic use cases when we talk about IQ Bot. It deals with multiple types of invoices that have different structures, different data, and sometimes different images. This product has already been templatized and fits directly into any type of invoice coming in. If you have a new type of invoice then you have to train the tool to identify those new objects. We are partners with IQ Bot and also consultants. We assist our customers with implementing this tool. I'm an RPA director.

How has it helped my organization?

What I've seen with our clients in the last couple of years, especially with the STP, is that the solution is quite good when you train really well. It identifies the printed version, but nowadays it also identifies handwritten documents to some extent. The STP ranges between 50% to 60% success, especially on handwritten invoices, but we have also seen an increase in accuracy - somewhere between 60% to 80% - for printed invoices. Improved accuracy has been a benefit for us.

What is most valuable?

I think the product identifies really well and training is quite simple. Because of the templatization it directly slots in the company name, and other basics that are all pre-defined. Training time is minimal as a result.

What needs improvement?

I think improvement could be made where handwritten documents are concerned. If you have a printed invoice, it's easily identifiable, but if someone is writing the same thing in their own handwriting, then identifying it is much more difficult and less accurate. I'd also like to see more support available for our customers.

I've been using this solution for two years.

It's stable but does require know-how. When you want to deploy these bots into production, the control room admin has to know what he or she is doing. The integration between IQ Bot and RPA is quite easy. This is where there can be a few challenges. If the person is not well trained, especially in the control room side, they might have some issues. But if they are well trained, it's stable.

Scalability is quite good. I've never had an issue, it basically runs through how many bots you process so it keeps running one by one, because it has to read one at a time and it keeps running. If there's a memory issue or if the bots have not been written well, then probably the bots could fail. If you follow the Automation Anywhere best practices for development, then I don't think there are any issues. It requires a coding checklist from Automation Anywhere to make sure that it follows the standards.

Because we are a partner we don't normally get into technical support. We receive help from Automation Anywhere directly.

The initial setup is quite easy. Most of the time, we do a small POC then pick up one or two small devices, showcase them for those training in it and then create a bot using RPA. IQ Bot is only for intelligent document processing. It's only for the extraction, but the next step is to process that information which has been extracted by this IQ Bot. We use RPA to create the bots, extract the data and run through invoice processing, opening any SAP or Oracle application. It extracts the data from invoices, puts it into a CSE, Excel file, reads through the Excel file, then opens an application, and runs it through.

If you're buying this IDP tool, then you need to make sure you're going to get a substantial ROI. More importantly, the organization needs to have a vision as well as the ability to identify the right use cases for using IQ Bot. I've seen a few cases where organizations did not understand how this tool can be used and therefore did not achieve an ROI.

What other advice do I have?

From what I have seen in the industry, most organizations need intelligent document processing, because if you are using RPA, you have a financial department where you're doing invoicing or procurement, you're running purchase orders, or you have inventory, which requires inventory reconciliation. Every organization deals with documents, and the digitization of documents will increase the scale and scope of your process automation somewhere between 20% to 40%. You can also easily increase your ROI. This is the main task which requires a large manual effort with a lot of human error. You can reduce all those errors and your expenses. This tool automates it all and things are processed more accurately and quickly. On top of that, it works 24/7.

You do have to know how to use this tool, how to train the templates, to create that efficiency. It's part of the challenge. The main point is when you do a POC, you need to measure the cost of the software licenses, implementation, training, deployment versus your ROI. You have to make sure that if you're buying this IDP tool, then you are trying to get at least a substantial ROI. More importantly, the organization needs to have a vision as well as identifying the right use cases for IQ Bot. I have seen a few cases where organizations did not understand how this tool can be used and they didn't achieve the ROI.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Private Cloud
Steve Colaco
Partner at aibotz
Allows you to free-up time and save money by automating processes

• "IQ Bot is easy to use compared to some of the other solutions out there."
  • "I think the problem is usually tuning it up, and trying to get the best performance — that takes some time."

What is our primary use case?

We go into companies and help them automate their processes — that's really what we do. If somebody wants to automate their processes, we have a couple of partnerships.

Usually what happens is, when our clients are scraping off the web, one client takes a report off the web, and then they publish it to their people. In the past, somebody would sit in front of the screen and they would type it in manually. Now, instead of doing that, a bot goes up, scrapes it up, and puts it into a file which they can then distribute.

We'll take that stuff and then generate a file — that's what we do. There's the data that has to be brought in from two files, or is brought in from the web. They would combine that data to create the file.

How has it helped my organization?

Our clients have more free time to work on other things thanks to this solution. Instead of having to copy everything from a web screen into a file, now it's done for you. You are free to work on something else.

Try to get every person working with a bot. That way, as soon as they get some manual work, they can cut over and give it to the bot to do. When the bot is done, it comes back to the person — that's the ideal state.

What is most valuable?

IQ Bot is easy to use compared to some of the other solutions out there.

What needs improvement?

They're always trying to make it easier. The whole automation industry is moving into what they call "intelligent automation", where they have started to bring AI into it also. That way, based on decisions, automation will happen.

I have been using IQ Bot for two years.

What we're seeing is that our clients had some problems initially, but now things are becoming much more stable. The competition has become much more fierce, and the industry is starting to mature a little also, so we're starting to see some improvements.

At first, our clients used to be really worried about scalability, but now they're able to scale quite nicely. If you really want to scale, then you want it to look at the cloud. With the cloud, there are unlimited resources.

The company has good support. When they're called on, they definitely help.

It's pretty straightforward. I think the problem is usually tuning it up, and trying to get the best performance — that takes some time.

Deployment and making the best use of the software. Some companies don't properly train their staff so they take the wrong approach.

We usually try to get the company to build what we call a COE (center of excellence), where they have a group of people that have done these projects before, and they can help each of the groups in the company do it. As a result, they start to put standards in place on what the best practices are.

Then they pass it down to the rest of the people in the company. That's the way we try to get the company to move forward.

If you just try to wing it, you'll become sprawled; everybody's trying to do their own thing, without any standards. Then, when you want to upgrade or you want to make a change, issues will arise.

With the Cloud, the price goes up and down. You only pay for what you use. If it goes up, you pay for it, and then if it goes down, you don't pay for it. It really depends on what you use.

The cost can be a problem. You have to have a good strategy, and you also have to monitor what you use. If you're not planning properly and you're not taking advantage of the bots and the resources you need, there might be some issues.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to start with a good partner that can help build your expertise. Either bring in some people or collaborate with a partner.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight. There's always room for improvement, and this industry is growing and changing. Still, IQ Bot is a leader.

PS
Technical Architect at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Efficient at categorizing the different data types and formats

• "The efficiency with which it was able to categorize the different data types and the format."
  • "It's not intuitive from a user standpoint."

What is our primary use case?

We used IQ BOT for document processing. It was semi unstructured data from the farms and some of the reports that were coming in. We were scanning them and then reading out the details and format and incorporating that in another application.

What is most valuable?

A very important feature is the efficiency with which it was able to categorize the different data types and the format. Also, the OCR was good. The efficiency of the optical connector reader or OCR was good enough for our usage.

What needs improvement?

It's not necessarily the IQ bot but the Automation Anywhere as a whole, I find it slightly complicated to use as compared to a product like Uibot. I would say it's not intuitive from a user standpoint. This leads to a specific specialist to be part of the team to work on it. Because otherwise business processes are best understood by the business people and the IT applications are better understood by the IT people. But when it comes to these kinds of automation, it is the business people that should be able to do it on their own. For that, it has to be intuitive. So that is one key concern that I found. It's not that intuitive for a person to work on it. The learning curve is quite high. However, adding the layers of UI would not mean add in a lot of layers of abstraction because that also adds a problem. The flexibility drops. The machine learning techniques like we have for these bots are slightly limited as of now. Maybe they're already extending it or maybe in the latest version that I have not used will provide extensive machine learning algorithms that can be integrated with the bot. But that was my only space which I see that could be better. Very soon features would be more, on a large number or more machine learning algorithms and specifically there is what we are researching right now, ourselves, with is machine learning. But, there is a subset of it which is self-learning. Self-learning is going to be a key aspect because as we start automating the processes, the processes also evolve and sometimes we need to read deep parts instead of that, there should be the capability of self-learning algorithms available. However, it's easier said than done and I can understand it's very difficult. But that is the key piece which I would like to see do better right now.

We have used IQ BOT for a few months.

In the end, I believe IQ BOT is a very stable product.

I think IQ BOT is scalable.  If I had to rate it, then I would put the rate of 4.5 stars out of five. So it was good enough.

The technical support is good. It is very good, in fact. They're quite reactive. They were able to help us out. So I have no complaints. I have nothing negative to say about them.

When I joined this part of the team, they were already using Automation Anywhere. In our previous teams, we were using UI BOT and in fact, in the team that I was working with a few months ago was also using UI bot.

I was not involved in the initial setup, so I cannot tell you about that. But in my experience, it was not complicated. It was easy. I know the setup but I was not involved in this particular setup here.

What other advice do I have?

I would say that IQ BOT Automation Anywhere was one of the leaders in the industry. Still is, and I think we initially invested a lot on Automation Anywhere and that's why we continued using it. However, it doesn't mean that Automation Anywhere doesn't have the caliber yet. It has a very strong capability set. And that was perhaps the reason why we went for Automation Anywhere. I would recommend it. It has been a good pleasure using the product. I would rate it eight on. a scale of ten. The reason is the intuitiveness and the second one is the range of machine learning algorithms that, when I was using it, was not there.

PN
Senior Software Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A next-generation intelligent bots solution with a useful c-extraction feature

• "I personally feel that the c-extraction feature is valuable. After training it for a particular document, we can see the extractions there. Other than that, it has other features like Python scripting in-built, and these are the features that I feel stand out."
  • "I think Automation Anywhere has a partnership with Google. I hope they integrate Google's OCR engine in some way with IQ Bot because the OCR engine that Google produces provides an in-built accuracy of close to 99%. That is the integration we are looking for, but we need to pay for IQ Bot. If they can integrate both and come up with better pricing, then it will be a huge boost because, in that case, the quality of an image or PDF quality is taken completely out of difficulty as Google tends to extract the data. That is something I am looking for if this happens."

What is our primary use case?

Our clients use it to extract details from purchase orders, like purchase order dates, purchase order numbers, and other details. It will extract it from that particular purchase order for a particular customer, and then it will feed it back to our ERP system.

What is most valuable?

I personally feel that the "See extraction" feature is valuable. After training it for a particular document, we can see the extractions there. Other than that, it has other features like Python scripting in-built, and these are the features that I feel stand out.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if they had some in-built formats for nonstandard requirements. Currently, the invoice has a thing, purchase orders has a thing, and other details of employment and onboarding are all easy. But if I have to put something out of the box, let's say if I want to read a rental agreement or if I want to read a property agreement, there isn't an option for that.

Initially, there was one issue when we were trying to switch from a development environment to a production environment. We needed to transpose or expose a bot to the production environment. There we had some issues where the in-built input feature stopped working for extended periods. It was an API to kind of input the versions from development to the production environment. But I think it has been fixed in the upcoming one.

I have used IQ Bot within the last 12 months.

IQ Bot is definitely a reliable solution. But it has a dependency on the quality of the files that are uploaded. Better OCR is available in the form of Microsoft and Google. But if you are looking at the entire product, I think that's a spectrum, and I think it is quite stable.

It is scalable provided it already has the OCR engines inbuilt. Other than that, we want to add Google or Azure, or Microsoft. Ideally, if Google or Azure OCR is in-built, we could just integrate it in the premium versions of Google and Azure OCR. It does allow us to integrate with others things. We are a service provider company, and our entire team is about ten people. I have been using the IQ Bot for one customer.

Technical support is definitely responsive. They have the tech support flexibility to categorize it by being the least important to completely fatal for production emergencies. From that perspective, we do get responses, and it varies from one hour to two hours.

The initial setup is pretty much straightforward. The only complexity that I had was to add some security certification. The tools were set up in a separate drive, and that is where the complexity comes in. But it is something that can be handled completely.

It is based on the stages and on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential users to go for IQ Bot if they have a standard format for a particular PDF. Even if there are multiple types that are configurable and if the quality of the images is good, this is definitely much better than others. It does a commendable job.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give IQ Bot an eight.

JV
Software Architect at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Powerful, easy to use, and useful for extracting data from the images in PDFs

• "The detection or extraction of data from the images in PDFs is the feature that I use the most. It is a good solution in terms of how easily you can administer or manage this tool. It is quite easy to use, and it is powerful in terms of what it can do."
  • "I've used versions 11 and 2019 of this solution. The problem with version 11 is integration. When you are using a conventional bot and you try to use IQ Bot development, you don't have a specific feature for integrating these two pieces or components of Automation Anywhere. I was seeing some issues while trying to, for example, send some PDF to an IQ Bot processor and get a response for that process. So, there is a problem with integrating the conventional task automation and IQ Bot in version 11. In contrast, version 2019 already has the integration feature, and we can easily integrate two components. There are some features that must be there in version 11 but are currently missing. There is no total control over some features in IQ Bot. Some variables cannot be parametrized when using IQ Bot directly. The AI features that IQ Bot has must be more open to being parameterized by the user. It would be good if Automation Anywhere exposed some parameters so that I can adjust them as a customer. This is an improvement that Automation Anywhere can do. I would like to see some features related to deep learning in the next releases of IQ Bot. These will be some interesting features to see."

What is our primary use case?

I use it for reading some data from PDFs. I am putting this data into Excel spreadsheets.

I have used IQ Bot in my own installation as well as in the cloud. I have used it as a trial and as a part of a customer IT data center. I use it on a monthly basis.

What is most valuable?

The detection or extraction of data from the images in PDFs is the feature that I use the most.

It is a good solution in terms of how easily you can administer or manage this tool. It is quite easy to use, and it is powerful in terms of what it can do.

What needs improvement?

I've used versions 11 and 2019 of this solution. The problem with version 11 is integration. When you are using a conventional bot and you try to use IQ Bot development, you don't have a specific feature for integrating these two pieces or components of Automation Anywhere. I was seeing some issues while trying to, for example, send some PDF to an IQ Bot processor and get a response for that process. So, there is a problem with integrating the conventional task automation and IQ Bot in version 11. In contrast, version 2019 already has the integration feature, and we can easily integrate two components. There are some features that must be there in version 11 but are currently missing.

There is no total control over some features in IQ Bot. Some variables cannot be parametrized when using IQ Bot directly. The AI features that IQ Bot has must be more open to being parameterized by the user. It would be good if Automation Anywhere exposed some parameters so that I can adjust them as a customer. This is an improvement that Automation Anywhere can do.

I would like to see some features related to deep learning in the next releases of IQ Bot. These will be some interesting features to see.

I have been using this solution for approximately six months.

It is stable.

I didn't do the task of scaling, but I think it is quite good in terms of scalability. You just need to add more nodes to your cluster and configuration, which is quite easy. We have almost 20 users.

The response time can be improved. At times, I created a ticket, but I didn't get a quick response. Time is the key because we need to make some decisions based on that response. The response time is the only issue. When a support agent contacts you, the process of helping you is quite good.

The initial setup is straightforward. For a new bot, in terms of hours, the deployment isn't at all long. I could deploy my bots very quickly. I could do this task in less than an hour.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to define the permissions partly in terms of the network. It is a key concern. I would also suggest first reading all the docs to totally understand the task. You could follow the steps to deploy it correctly.

I would recommend this solution to others. It is quite a good tool.

I would rate IQ Bot an eight out of ten.

PavanKumar3
Sr. Software Engineer at Saggezza
The best solution for PDF or scanned documents with valuable algorithms, OCR engines, and support for Python scripting

• "I like most of the algorithms that it has, such as classified algorithms. I also like the OCR engines that it provides. We get a lot of options to explore and deal with. IQ Bot has added a lot of value in terms of extracting the information. Some OCR engines have limitations in terms of extracting the information. They have recently added a new feature that allows us to add Python scripting. Earlier, we had to do the post-processing work in terms of formatting and updating the proper values, but now, we have the option to write a Python script, which is really helpful for us in terms of getting the output. We can manage everything using Python."
  • "There are certain things that OCR engines are not capable of handling currently. For example, OCR engines pick up a slash as a question mark. They also don't have the capability to handle subcolumns in a column. It would be really helpful if they can add more OCR engines with advanced capabilities to handle such scenarios. We need more cognitive abilities in the OCR engines to deal with the most complex scenarios. We also need more advanced capabilities so that IQ Bot can give better results in terms of PDF quality. This is because we cannot expect the same quality from all the vendors and customers, and there might be scenarios where we get some sort of scanned copies."

What is our primary use case?

I have worked on two processes. One process was pretty simple, and another one was a complex process.

What is most valuable?

I like most of the algorithms that it has, such as classified algorithms. I also like the OCR engines that it provides. We get a lot of options to explore and deal with. IQ Bot has added a lot of value in terms of extracting the information. Some OCR engines have limitations in terms of extracting the information.

They have recently added a new feature that allows us to add Python scripting. Earlier, we had to do the post-processing work in terms of formatting and updating the proper values, but now, we have the option to write a Python script, which is really helpful for us in terms of getting the output. We can manage everything using Python.

What needs improvement?

There are certain things that OCR engines are not capable of handling currently. For example, OCR engines pick up a slash as a question mark. They also don't have the capability to handle subcolumns in a column. It would be really helpful if they can add more OCR engines with advanced capabilities to handle such scenarios. We need more cognitive abilities in the OCR engines to deal with the most complex scenarios.

We also need more advanced capabilities so that IQ Bot can give better results in terms of PDF quality. This is because we cannot expect the same quality from all the vendors and customers, and there might be scenarios where we get some sort of scanned copies.

I have been using this solution for one year.

It depends on the quality of the PDF that you are dealing with. If you give a good quality document, then definitely, you will get a good output. Otherwise, you won't get a good output. We are dealing with a machine, so the input has to be proper.

It is definitely scalable. It is very good in terms of scalability. For example, I have my own invoice structure in a company, and I am currently using IQ Bot to extract some information for one customer. In the future, I will have more customers, and I would be able to easily scale it because it deals with the invoice format and structure and not with a specific account or customer.

I have experience with their technical support. There was a time when we had issues with understanding a functionality, and their technical support helped us a lot.

It is pretty easy. It is not complex. We just need to add an executable file for IQ Bot, and all other things, such as users and licensing, can be managed from the console itself. It is self-explanatory. It is similar to any software installation. You don't need any specific knowledge for this.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. It has advanced a lot over time. They had a lot of versions, which had a lot of improvements. As compared to other RPA tools that are dealing with PDF or scanned documents, IQ Bot is definitely the best solution.

I would rate IQ Bot an eight out of ten.