VP
Customer Success Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable, adequate installation, but the price could be lower, and the scalability needs improvement

• "The initial setup was satisfactory."
  • "Machine learning capabilities would be beneficial to have."

What needs improvement?

Because there are certain restrictions or limitations with IQ Bot we started to explore ABBYY FlexiCapture.

In terms of extracting the information, we had a lot of issues with Textract OCR, and we discovered that it wasn't very good.

With ABBYY, we were able to achieve some solid outcomes; I won't say they were significant, but they were satisfactory.

The groups that are built based on templates and patterns, it's a tremendous undertaking, and we found it a little tough in terms of maintaining those groups and, in particular, training. In terms of document training, we found it to be a little difficult.

We are looking for better results when it comes to scalability.

Machine learning capabilities would be beneficial to have.

My biggest challenge is the monthly increase in volume. Because there are so many new organizations being formed, I find it difficult to train and maintain them. There are numerous duplicate files in the system. Cleaning those is becoming a difficult task for me. Training is becoming more difficult.

They are not able to explain why distinct groups are formed when the patterns are the same.

We have plans to scale this across other departments. I have uploaded almost 14,000 purchase orders and I have almost 600 groups, with several duplications. Cleaning it up, and training the groups is a significant challenge. This is definitely an area that requires improvement.

Another concern is the technical support, specifically, those responsible for the tickets, are not very helpful. I have to contact them, spend hours on the phone with them without getting my issue resolved.

I have been using IQ Bot for three years. We began with Automation Anywhere version 6, and are now moving to Automation 360.

We don't have any issues with the stability of IQ Bot.

When it comes to scalability, we want to see better results. It needs improvement.

This solution is used by one department with approximately 55 people.

Technical support has been a problem for us. We must follow up after we have submitted a ticket. They are not user-friendly, and they never respond or handle issues in a timely manner.

We are now working with ABBYY FlexiCapture, but primarily with IQ Bot.

The initial setup was satisfactory. I won't say it was very complicated, but it was satisfactory.

We are working with a team of three people who maintain this solution.

They are also responsible to maintain other task bots running in the background.

The price could be lower.

Our contract is for a year, and our fees are paid annually.

We are evaluating solutions and comparing them with the OCR solutions.

We are looking for Accounts Payable Solutions.

We mainly wanted to look into ABBYY FlexiCapture to see what it can do, how good it is at training, and how user-friendly it is.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate IQ Bot a six out of ten.

NE
Solution Architect at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use, good support, and works fine

• "We have been using it only for two months, and so far, it is working fine. It is easy to use."
  • "It should be easier to install and configure. We had some issues during the initial setup, and we are resolving them with the help of their support. Its initial setup is complex. Their web pages are not really structured. Because they have multiple products that are more or less similar, it is sometimes hard to understand which documentation you're actually reading and using. Their documentation and web pages should be structured in a better way. In terms of new features, it is a little too early to provide inputs. I need more real business cases to see what is lacking. We haven't yet got those. We are currently testing it from a technical point of view."

What is our primary use case?

I am currently testing IQ Bot, and we are evaluating it from technical and business perspectives. We haven't yet put anything in production. We are looking into business cases, and we are also checking it out from the IT perspective in terms of how it works, what we can do with it, and so on. We are also working with the RPA part of Automation Anywhere.

We are using one version prior to the latest one. They seem to have released a newer version, and we will upgrade soon. It is deployed in our AWS environment. It is more or less on-premise, but it is still in the AWS space.

What is most valuable?

We have been using it only for two months, and so far, it is working fine. It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

It should be easier to install and configure. We had some issues during the initial setup, and we are resolving them with the help of their support. Its initial setup is complex.

Their web pages are not really structured. Because they have multiple products that are more or less similar, it is sometimes hard to understand which documentation you're actually reading and using. Their documentation and web pages should be structured in a better way.

In terms of new features, it is a little too early to provide inputs. I need more real business cases to see what is lacking. We haven't yet got those. We are currently testing it from a technical point of view.

I have been using this solution for the last two months.

It is working fine so far.

We haven't really scaled it up to see what will happen if we run a lot of documents. We haven't yet tested it for that.

For the RPA part, we have a lot of bots running in production, but we haven't really started using IQ Bot. Currently, two or three people from the IT side are testing this. We plan to increase its usage. I am working on the IT side, and there are a lot of business cases inside our organization that could benefit from this type of solution. We are trying to talk to different business units to see what type of business we can test out first.

Their technical support is fine so far. They have been able to answer my questions in a fairly good time.

We were not utilizing these types of tools in the past. We had more or less outsourced the complete processing and handling of documents, invoicing, and so on.

It wasn't really straightforward. We had some issues, and I had to open some support cases with Automation Anywhere. I am using their support to solve these issues, and we still have a few issues to solve.

Its setup is complex, and there is a lack of structured documentation. There should be an easier way to install and configure it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate IQ Bot an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about IQ Bot. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
553,954 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PS
Manager Carrier Operations at a logistics company with 501-1,000 employees
Feature rich, easy invoice extraction, and good support, but it is lacking in pre-processing capabilities

• "The ease that it provides in extracting vendor invoices, without having to configure them, was the reason for which we had gone with a solution."
  • "It was challenging to have to do the pre-processing and tax inputting on our own."

What is our primary use case?

We are currently using this solution, and are interested in providing services to our clients in the future.

We are using IQ Bot for the internal finance department. We are dealing with invoices from many different vendors.

What is most valuable?

The ease that it provides in extracting vendor invoices, without having to configure them, was the reason for which we had gone with a solution.

Feature-wise it's good.

What needs improvement?

We are working with IQ Bot, but we are not impressed with it. It works well with static documents but not otherwise.

It was challenging to have to do the pre-processing and tax inputting on our own. They didn't have a feature through IQ Bot.

The way you implement the pre-processing needs improvement. In many cases, the invoices that are received have the fax cover page, and with terms and conditions page. We have to input all of the pre-processing. It would be better to have it as a part of this solution, otherwise, every single invoice would be treated as a new document, even if it comes with terms and conditions and a cover page.

They still have a long way to go when dealing with a structured and unstructured environment.

Features are good, but when dealing with pre-existing models such as purchase orders, and invoice,s for example, the capabilities of the solution need improvement.

I have been working with IQ Bot for approximately one year.

We have not had any issues with stability.

It's a scalable solution. The biggest challenge that we faced was with the configuration.

It's for an internal finance team and we don't have more than five users at this time.

We have contacted technical support many times. They are very helpful and very responsive in resolving any issues.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We had help from Automation Anywhere which made the implementation easy.

There are cheaper solutions on the market, but it involves more negotiating.

Typically, everyone starts at a higher price and negotiate to a lower price to compare with other vendors.

The pricing is complicated but I wouldn't say that they are expensive.

What other advice do I have?

If it has to do with a straightforward structured form, this solution works very well. If you are looking at an unstructured environment with a lot of variety there is some instability in terms of ease of use. It may be better with the 2019 version, but it is something that should be considered before they decide to implement this product.

I would rate IQ Bot a seven out of ten.

German Campos
PMO Manager (Peruvian Branch) at Global hitss
Easy to implement, stable, and reduces costs, but needs better artificial intelligence to capture information from a document

• "It is very easy to set up and use this tool to get information from documents. It can get the information about the purchase order number, average, description of purchase orders in several formats without any problem."
  • "It should have more artificial intelligence to capture information from a document. Currently, our clients are preparing invoices manually. They are not digital, so we need to scan all the documents, but we are facing issues in capturing all the information through IQ Bot. Therefore, we have to use other tools to capture the information, and then we use IQ Bot to process all the information. They need to improve the artificial intelligence for document scanning."

What is our primary use case?

We have automated several processes for several customers. We have used this tool to automate processes for a bank. We have also set it up for another customer to download purchase orders and put information in a database to consolidate the information they have in the SAP system.

How has it helped my organization?

After automating a process, we prepare a report that shows how much money automation has saved. IQ Bot has reduced costs, and there are fewer mistakes because humans make mistakes.

These bots also work 24/7, which is also a big benefit. Earlier, if a task took a week, with IQ Bot, we can do the same task in 30 minutes or so depending on the amount of information.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to set up and use this tool to get information from documents. It can get the information about the purchase order number, average, description of purchase orders in several formats without any problem.

What needs improvement?

It should have more artificial intelligence to capture information from a document. Currently, our clients are preparing invoices manually. They are not digital, so we need to scan all the documents, but we are facing issues in capturing all the information through IQ Bot. Therefore, we have to use other tools to capture the information, and then we use IQ Bot to process all the information. They need to improve the artificial intelligence for document scanning.

I have been using this solution for around one year.

It is stable. We had no issues with its stability.

It is scalable. We have implemented it in a medium company as well as in a large company without any problem. It only depends on the server on which you run the bot.

Their technical support is fine. We don't have any problem with the support of Automation Anywhere.

Its initial setup is easy. It takes one week to create the processes and then develop, test, and put them in production.

We have a team of four people for supporting a big customer with this solution. They monitor the processes and check if there is any problem. We support all the bots that we develop.

Our customers evaluate UiPath and Power Automate.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because it is very easy to implement, and there are no problems. Automation Anywhere's support is also available at any moment.

I would rate IQ Bot a seven out of ten.

MY
RPA Developer at a retailer with 5,001-10,000 employees
Character recognition feature saves significant time; product algorithms could be more efficient

• "The character recognition feature is very good."
  • "Product algorithms could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

The IQ Bot that we develop is actually for detecting text in a PDF invoice file. Companies generally have different types of invoices from different clients with different formats. We use IQ Bot to detect the information we need from the different formats. We plan to deploy this to our customers but meanwhile have two or three people using it in our company. We deal with the maintenance in-house. We use IQ Bot when there's a relevant project, it depends on the case. We are partners with IQ Bot and I'm an RPA developer.

What is most valuable?

One of the issues we have is being able to detect a variety of texts or dates that are written differently depending on the invoice, so character recognition, OCR, is a very good feature.

What needs improvement?

The product algorithms could be improved to increase accuracy. We currently need to make regular adjustments, constantly retraining the product to cover all cases.

I've been using this solution for five months.

We haven't reached complete stability yet but that's related to the tools that we're using. We're currently exploring RPA tools to see which is the best.

Scalability depends on the architecture of the development itself, but in terms of the tools that we're using it's scalable.

The initial setup was a little complex because server sites use different servers for IQ Bots, which means separate databases. The software is not that complicated if you understand the features. We have an internal IT consultant who carried out the implementation for us and it took a day to set it up.

The licensing cost is higher than a normal or standard license.

We looked at Power Automate as an option. The difference is mostly dependent on the clients' sites. A lot of our clients use Microsoft products and Power Automate integrates well with that. We are still considering the option of using Power Automate for our clients but it will probably be decided according to whether the company uses Microsoft products.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest that if you have a complex process that requires decision making then IQ Bot is an option, but if it's a regular situation where there's no decision making and it's normal automation, then it may not be necessary. It depends on the automation process.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.

MA
VP at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Flexible in terms of being able to read different fields in spite of minor format variations

• "The most valuable feature is the intelligence it has with the ability to read the customer sales order and convert it into our own, despite minor changes in format."
  • "Better customization in terms of mapping would be an improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We are using IQ Bot for sales order automation.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the intelligence it has with the ability to read the customer sales order and convert it into our own, despite minor changes in format. It is able to intelligently decipher those changes and I think that it's quite useful.

What needs improvement?

I would like the intelligence to improve so that IQ Bot can handle vastly different formats of documents that we get from the customer, in terms of reading different fields. Having it even more intelligent would be very useful.

Better customization in terms of mapping would be an improvement.

We have been using IQ Bot for a couple of months.

We have only been using IQ Bot for a couple of months but so far, we have not had any problems in terms of stability. In time, we will see if it continues to be as stable as it is right now.

We are using this solution on a daily basis.

Scalability has not been a challenge for us. We have four users at this time.

I would rate technical support as good. When we were stuck we got support.

We did not previously use another RPA solution.

I would say that the initial setup is very complex and not easy.

The deployment took approximately three to four months.

We had an integrator from Automation Anywhere to assist us with the deployment. Our experience was fantastic and we are very happy with them

Pricing is highly confidential because it is something that can be negotiated. The licensing costs are on a yearly basis.

We evaluated UiPath but we chose Automation Anywhere and IQ Bot because of the advanced intelligence capability that was promised. This tipped the decision in their favor.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to be very sure about how the data is going to be mapped from one business process to the other and how the whole process will work. The mapping is very, very important in order for IQ Bot to work perfectly.

FS
Senior TAP Manager MXD at a outsourcing company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use, stable, and helps to rapidly develop automation to help reduce manual tasks

• "The most valuable features are rapid development, stability, and ease of use."
  • "The quality of the service needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We have a group of customers that provide services for contact centers, and those customers have their own systems. Frequently, we can find opportunities for automation so we execute the analysis to search for what kinds of solutions we can deploy. After the development, we charge

We use it with Automation Anywhere version 11.

How has it helped my organization?

By using this solution, we have been able to reduce the manual tasks that are performed by our telephone operators.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are rapid development, stability, and ease of use.

This is a very useful product and the intelligence is powerful.

What needs improvement?

The quality of the service needs to be improved.

Having a complete cloud version, as a SaaS, would be quite nice.

This product is absolutely scalable. We probably have 100 users.

According to the demand, we expect that our usage will grow, although it is difficult to say by how much at this point.

We have been in touch with technical support through online means, and we also have a partner that assists us with technical issues.

I used to work with Automate from HelpSystems, as well as Softomotive.

The initial setup is relatively easy. The deployment took about one month.

The functionality is centralized around a control room, in on-premises infrastructure.

We have an internal group of developers who deployed it.

There are more affordable solutions than this. For example, with UiPath, you can download the software, install it, and start working with it. You don't have to pay for anything until you want to connect to the centralized servers. It is very nice.

We may look at other options in the future, such as UiPath and Blue Prism.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this product is that it's quite important to well-define what the problem is, in order to have an efficient development cycle.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using IQ Bot is that it's important to carefully consider the scope of the project in order to avoid any pitfalls. You don't want to try automating things that are not viable, or not suitable for automation.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
Amar S
Automation Project Manager at a performing arts with 10,001+ employees
Feature-rich, deals well with unstructured data, and the support is good

• "Our mainframe-based and web-based projects are working well, with no issues."
  • "One of the challenges that we faced was that the Automation Anywhere log files were being created and not cleaned up, which would eventually kill the bot."

What is our primary use case?

My team uses IQ Bot primarily for unstructured data. Some of the use cases are related to capturing imagine-related data.

What is most valuable?

Our mainframe-based and web-based projects are working well, with no issues.

What needs improvement?

In one of the applications we were working on, we found challenges. Automation Anywhere enterprise 11 has troubles interacting with a Pega product that we are using. Consequently, there were projects that we were not able to complete.

One of the challenges that we faced was that the Automation Anywhere log files were being created and not cleaned up, which would eventually kill the bot. We began a practice where we cleaned out the log files on a daily basis, which improved the bot.

Automation Anywhere does not have support for all legacy systems. In the insurance industry, they mostly work with legacy systems and will not move to future technologies very soon because of the security measures, cost constraints, and other reasons. In these cases, we do not see improvements in terms of efficiency.

For all of the projects that we have worked on so far, it is stable apart from slight challenges.

There are only a few people in the company who use IQ Bot.

Technical support is good, although there were not able to solve the problem that we had with the Pega application. Whenever there is an issue brought to them, they will call, discuss the details, and make suggestions for resolution.

We have only used Automation Anywhere product systems, as the choices are entirely client-driven.

The deployment was easy for us but the control room is taken care of by the client. We need to approach them when we need to make changes. For example, they will move the code from client to server. We don't do that, as we have very limited access to the control room.

I feel that the price of IQ Bot could be lower. The licensing fees are paid on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and most of the features we require are included. Our only challenge was with the Pega application, and Automation Anywhere should interact better with it. More generally, it should interact better with hybrid applications.