Ivanti Patch for Windows OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Ivanti Patch for Windows is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top Patch Management tools. It is most often compared to Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager: Ivanti Patch for Windows vs Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager

What is Ivanti Patch for Windows?

Ivanti Patch for Windows offers patch management that spans not only your physical and virtual servers, but workstations as well. Find online and offline systems, scan for missing patches, and deploy them. Then patch everything from the Windows OS; virtual machines (VMs), virtual templates, and even the ESXi hypervisor with the product’s deep integration with VMware; and your most vulnerable third-party apps - in one easy-to-use solution that keeps the business safe and IT free to focus on core business goals.

Ivanti Patch for Windows is also known as Patch for Windows, Shavlik Patch for Windows.

Download the Patch Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Ivanti Patch for Windows Customers

Presbyterian Church

Ivanti Patch for Windows Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Ivanti Patch for Windows pricing:
  • "For the one that works with SCCM, it is relatively inexpensive at $8 USD per node, yearly. The standalone product has two versions; the one that patches servers is about $45 USD annually and the version that patches workstations is about half that price at $22 USD."
  • "While the price is a bit high, it may be equitable with the features one gets with the product, such as that involving the interface."
  • "The solution is affordable."

Ivanti Patch for Windows Reviews

Tom Piotrowski
Group Chairman at Unixpac
Reseller
Easy to use, robust, and the technical support is good

• "It is very easy to use, as well as extremely efficient and accurate."
  • "Customers sometimes ask about non-existent features, and we pass these requests on to Ivanti."

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller of this technology and not end-users.

Our clients use it to for automatically patching their software.

What is most valuable?

This is an extremely robust product. It now has almost 20 years of history.

It is very easy to use, as well as extremely efficient and accurate. Most of our customers just set it and forget it. They install it, and it does all of the automatic patching, month after month.

What needs improvement?

Customers sometimes ask about non-existent features, and we pass these requests on to Ivanti.

I have worked with Ivanti since 2004.

I have never had negative feedback from a customer about something that didn't work.

When there has been feedback, it is about the patches themselves. This is a patching product that grabs available patches for a given application. For example, if an application from Adobe has a problem in the patch then it might manifest itself. However, that is the result of the patch and not the patching solution that was at fault.

Scalability has not been an issue. We have clients with as few as five systems and clients with as many as 30,000.

Occasionally, we have to use technical support. We don't normally have problems but sometimes customers will ask about non-existing features and want to know if there is a workaround available. This is typically when we reach out to them. In our experience, they have been pretty good.

We have had experience with our clients using similar products like BigFix and the SolarWinds Patch Manager. We assisted them in switching to Ivanti because their previous solution was too cumbersome or too complicated.

There have been other solutions from vendors such as Kaspersky and IBM, as well. We stay focused on Ivanti because we are confident in the product.

The initial setup is very straightforward and it takes just minutes to deploy.

There are two versions of this product available. One of them is complete and standalone, which comes with its own patching engine and does the scanning from a selected workstation. The other version taps into Microsoft SCCM, so you have to have the SCCM process running, and then it will just augment it with third-party applications.

The one that works with SCCM takes perhaps 15 to 20 minutes to deploy, whereas the standalone product takes about ten minutes longer.

Most of our customers take this product "as is" and install it themselves. Our after-sales support is minimal because they usually know how to use it.

The price depends on which version is being licensed. For the one that works with SCCM, it is relatively inexpensive at $8 USD per node, yearly. The standalone product has two versions; the one that patches servers is about $45 USD annually and the version that patches workstations is about half that price at $22 USD.

There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees. It is a term-based license that includes support for one, two, or three years at a time.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that we have been selling for 16 years and I recommend it with no hesitation.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

DS
Sr. System Admin at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
Straightforward to install and the features are good

What needs improvement?

I would like to have better support for the application. For example, more regional support with 24/7 access would be helpful.

We have been using Ivanti Patch for Windows for a couple of years.

I would say that it is scalable but when it comes to third-party vendors, it depends on their support model. If they come out with a new version then this only scales if they come out with patches between versions. We have about five people who have core access to Ivanti Patch.

I would rate the technical support a seven or eight out of ten. The biggest problem that I have with technical support is that it is not regional…

What needs improvement?

We have been using Ivanti Patch for Windows for a couple of years.

We have about five people who have core access to Ivanti Patch.

I would rate the technical support a seven or eight out of ten.

The biggest problem that I have with technical support is that it is not regional and we are dealing with time differences. For example, when I want to contact support, it is nighttime for them. When they get back to me, I am asleep and have to respond the following day. Then, they receive my response during the night and it continues like this. It is inconvenient and it takes much longer than it should.

People have told me that they found it difficult to install compared to other products. However, I did not have much difficulty and found it to be straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Both in terms of features and operations, this is a good solution. I would recommend it to others based on that but it would be better if the support were improved.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Ivanti, Microsoft, ManageEngine and others in Patch Management. Updated: October 2021.
540,694 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RR
Sales Manager at Nextlevel IP
A good product with a complete set of features

• "The solution is a good product and I have heard that the interface is more friendly than that of Windows."
  • "I tried to be a partner of Ivanti and, from this vantage point, the quotes are, perhaps, a bit high."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use the solution for patching Windows servers.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The pricing is a bit steep, although, as we can understand the features concerning the interface, it may be commensurate with the product's value.

The product is geared towards really large enterprises, such as those of our customers. We act as integrators, partners of Cisco, meaning we provide customer service. We are resellers, not end-users. We exclusively provide patches using the client's console. I tried to be a partner of Ivanti and, from this vantage point, the quotes are, perhaps, a bit high.

I believe Windows to be free, included in the server license. Regarding the price, I would consider the product to be very good. I see no issues with it and consider it to be excellent. Its features are very complete.

I have been using Ivanti Patch for Windows for around two years.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Ivanti Patch for Windows as an eight out of ten.

Hussein Marwani
Infrastructure Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Easy to use, simple patching, and priced well

What is most valuable?

I have found the interface and ease of use valuable features. Additionally, it is very easy to patch VMs and other systems, such a Linux. We are able to do patches even without the internet manually.

What needs improvement?

There are times when there is an update that causes some issues. These issues should be sorted out before the release.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The solution is stable.

The technical support has been good.

The initial setup is very easy.

The solution is…

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The solution is stable.

The technical support has been good.

The initial setup is very easy.

The solution is affordable.

I have evaluated ManageEngine Patch.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Ivanti Patch for Windows an eight out of ten.