Ixia Hawkeye OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Ixia Hawkeye is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Unified Communications Monitoring tools. It is most often compared to ThousandEyes: Ixia Hawkeye vs ThousandEyes

What is Ixia Hawkeye?
Hawkeye quickly and effectively validates network performance, isolates problems, and proactively detects issues by running scheduled verification tests. Using a combination of hardware and software agents called Performance Endpoints, Hawkeye simulates application traffic and sends key performance metrics to a central console for fast action.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Ixia Hawkeye Customers
EMA
Ixia Hawkeye Video

Ixia Hawkeye Reviews

MIGUEL DAUD
Chair Of The Board Of Directors at BAMMTECH
Priced-well, easy to scale, stable, and straightforward to set up

• "Our customer was happiest with the price of this product."
  • "Ixia has one flaw, which is that they do not print the license code on the paper licenses that are shipped to the customers."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Ixia Hawkeye is one of the products that we implement for our customers. We have a customer in Central America that is in the telco industry and needed to have greater visibility. When they tried it, they loved it and bought it.

What is most valuable?

Our customer was happiest with the price of this product. It was the lowest cost one and a great price.

What needs improvement?

Ixia has one flaw, which is that they do not print the license code on the paper licenses that are shipped to the customers. This impacts technical support because once you have to contact the vendor, they begin asking for that number. It's something that should be upfront, part of the order processing, and readily available. Also, when we do the installation or our partner does it, then when we need to start calling people, the number is not available. It's not something that can be easily addressed over the phone because it is long, with a lot of letters in it.

There are features available in the Threat Simulator that are not available in the main product.

We have just recently sold this solution, and it is still being implemented.

The implementation is ongoing, but there have been no problems with stability so far. It is being put in place and everything is going smoothly.

This is a scalable solution and our customer is very large. They purchased 25 points initially, and I think they're going to migrate to 100 points, pretty soon.

I find that technical support is good. However, because of the issue where the license codes are not printed, the first impression that customers often have is that the technical support is lost. We shield this impression, but that is what is happening.

This is was the client's first monitoring software. They choose it because they trust both us and the partner.

The deployment is ongoing right now. We just delivered it last month, but I know that so far, there are no hiccups.

Our customer purchased professional service and training with the product.

We may assist our client with maintenance, although things seem to be doing pretty smoothly.

What other advice do I have?

So far, this product is doing exactly what it is promised to do.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

ER
Presales Engineer at a tech services company
A user-friendly tool that makes it easy to deploy real flow through the network

• "The most valuable feature is the deployment because it's very easy to deploy real flow through the network."
  • "The customization of tests and even the results can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I use it mainly for proof of concept for our customers, for example, to validate the internet service with different applications. The most common application is Netflix throughput and checks on the website.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the deployment because it's very easy to deploy real flow through the network. The deployment and the test are very easy to use. For example, to run a test or to schedule a test is very simple. The throughput test is very useful because I see the maximum bandwidth, the latency, and the packet loss. The graph is also easy to understand.

What needs improvement?

The customization of tests and even the results can be improved. With the results, you can only create a PDF that can't be modified. At the moment, you can only insert specific KPIs and create a PDF.

In the next release, I want a network operation center to measure the logs. I would also like to see more customization and more graphs. I want a comparison tool to compare two tests or two graphs. For example, run two different tests and compare the results, the graphs, see the values, and see what happened.

I have been using Ixia Hawkeye for almost one year.

The scalability of the solution is great. It's easy to aggregate more and more proofs.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give technical support a ten. I have direct contact, and they are fast.

The setup was difficult the first time I used it, but the second and the third were very easy. The hardest part is to connect the proof to the server. This took an hour and a half.

I've looked at other solutions that handle millions of proofs. While connecting the proof to the server is okay, it's too difficult to manage it all when you want to increase that number.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Ixia Hawkeye because there are some KPIs that are very useful. You can see how you work, how your network is, and if there is a problem with certain sites. It's a useful tool, and I recommend it.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give it a ten.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)