Jenkins Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
Software Quality Assurance Team Lead with 11-50 employees
May 16 2019

What is most valuable?

Currently, using Jenkins for automatic testing is the most valuable feature for us. It is very useful for us to be able to collect and manage automatic processing… more»

How has it helped my organization?

For test automation, Jenkins seems to be our main and central solution at the moment. We want to extend this in the future towards Jenkins pipelines, which can be very… more»

What needs improvement?

We have issues with the following points: * The usability and user interface could be improved. * Clearer feedback for problems and errors would be useful. * The learning… more»

Jenkins is open source and free.

We did not use another solution previously.

What other advice do I have?

We recommend having the proper infrastructure, and to ensure the maintenance of the server is performed.

We also evaluated Bamboo but decided to go with Jenkins because it is open source and free.
Ujjwal Gupta
Senior Technical Consultant at Adobe
Mar 04 2019

What is most valuable?

I have found the following features extremely helpful. * It is open source & user-friendly. * It can deploy code instantly & generate test reports. The requirements for continuous integration and continuous deployment can be configured manually. * Integration work is automated. * It can be integrated with other major tools.

How has it helped my organization?

Jenkins has helped us in executing our test scripts without the Dev team during night time. It automatically fetches the latest build or codes and execute all your test scripts and share the report with the respective team and stakeholders.

What needs improvement?

They should improve the Version Control tracking system in Jenkins.
Find out what your peers are saying about Jenkins, Atlassian, JetBrains and others in Build Automation. Updated: February 2020.
399,540 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PauloBorges
Senior IT Professional at a software R&D company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sep 23 2019

What do you think of Jenkins?

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for Build & Deploy Automation. It is integrated with Git or TFS, Nexus and Ansible for deploying to premises servers in Linux or Windows.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution provides us more effective ALM and deployment automation compared to the previous solution with Serena (now Micro Focus) Dimensions CM.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are Jenkins Pipelines for ALM and full Deploy Cycle. This solution fully integrates with a lot of other solutions like Git, TFS, Nexus, SonarQube, etc.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have more Steps commands for better integration with other platforms. Better and easy-to-use integration with Docker would be an improvement.

For how long have I used

Omar Granados
Lider de Diseño y Arquitectura de Soluciones with 11-50 employees
Apr 19 2019

What do you think of Jenkins?

What is our primary use case?

This solution is the primary component for our automatic release process, including code smell, integration, and deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has provided us with better quality and less time to market for our software products. We can also automate many procedures like code review, testing, and deployment.

What is most valuable?

There are a large number of plugins available for integration with third party systems.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be updated a little. I think that a REST API is needed to expand the integration capabilities.

Rob Heavey
Software Developer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Dec 03 2019

What do you think of Jenkins?

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for repeatable testing of code for regression and design conformance in a medical and scientific environment.

How has it helped my organization?

Jenkins has allowed for streamlined automated testing, building, and smoke testing of release candidates.

What is most valuable?

A lot of support material exists via a single web search of exactly what you're looking for.

What needs improvement?

I think an integrated help button, that respected the context of the change/work in hand, would be a worthwhile improvement.

I have been using this solution for four years.
Alex Mesfin
dev app engineer
Jun 04 2018

What do you think of Jenkins?

What is our primary use case?

We use it for build.

How has it helped my organization?

It improves our process because it's incorporated with the code. We don't need a UI to design the build process. It's like code for building.

What is most valuable?

Pipeline.

What needs improvement?

I think we have everything we need in Jenkins, really we're content with what we have in it. If I had to name something, I'd like to see more on the cloud, cloud integration, like to Amazon and  Google. I'd like to see more plugins for those.
Oscar Urrego
Software Test Automation Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 12 2019

What do you think of Jenkins?

What is our primary use case?

This is our CD solution for Java APIs and Microsites.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution automates the deployment process and therefore increases productivity.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its ability to connect with different tools and technologies.

What needs improvement?

This solution would be improved with the inclusion of an Artifactory (Universal artifact repository manager).

Five years.
Wasim Akram
Managing Director with 11-50 employees
Jul 01 2019

What do you think of Jenkins?

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for continuous integration and deployment, using Groovy Script for pipeline node configuration.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped us in automating the build and test process, reducing time.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are plugins that make my server highly available.

What needs improvement?

The upgrades need improvement.

Three years.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Jenkins

399,540 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Jenkins Questions

What is Jenkins?

Jenkins is an award-winning application that monitors executions of repeated jobs, such as building a software project or jobs run by cron.

Jenkins customers

Airial, Clarus Financial Technology, cubetutor, Metawidget, mysocio, namma, silverpeas, Sokkva, So Rave, tagzbox

Read Archived Reviews
BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Build Automation Report and find out what your peers are saying about Jenkins, Atlassian, JetBrains, and more!