Jenkins Overview

Jenkins is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Build Automation tools. It is most often compared to Tekton: Jenkins vs Tekton

What is Jenkins?

Jenkins is an award-winning application that monitors executions of repeated jobs, such as building a software project or jobs run by cron.

Jenkins Buyer's Guide

Download the Jenkins Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2020

Jenkins Customers

Airial, Clarus Financial Technology, cubetutor, Metawidget, mysocio, namma, silverpeas, Sokkva, So Rave, tagzbox

Jenkins Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Jenkins pricing:
  • "Jenkins is open source and free."
  • "There is no cost. It is open source."

Jenkins Reviews

reviewer1082187
Software Quality Assurance Team Lead with 11-50 employees
May 16, 2019
Useful for us to collect and manage automatic processing pipelines

What is our primary use case?

Jenkins is part of our test infrastructure. We organize the test execution mainly of our performance tests, based on JMeter. Second, the deployment of release candidates in our test infrastructure is managed using Jenkins. In the future, we want to use Jenkins more in the field of continuous integration and continuous deployment.

• "It is very useful for us to be able to collect and manage automatic processing pipelines."
  • "The learning curve is quite steep at the moment."

What other advice do I have?

We recommend having the proper infrastructure, and to ensure the maintenance of the server is performed.
reviewer993636
Manager with 1-10 employees
Dec 26, 2020
Open source, flexible, scalable, and easy to use, but needs scheduling features

What is our primary use case?

We used it for continuous integration and had its latest version in the previous organization. I am now using Azure DevOps.

• "It is open source, flexible, scalable, and easy to use. It is easy to maintain for the administrator. It is a continuous integration tool, and its enterprise version is quite mature. It has good integrations and plug-ins. Azure DevOps can also be integrated with Jenkins."
  • "Its schedule builds need improvement. It should have scheduling features in the platform rather than using external plug-ins."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It is good for small companies but not for big companies. It has a good interface and was easy to customize. We were also using another plug-in to enhance the user interface. I would rate Jenkins a seven out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Jenkins, Atlassian, JetBrains and others in Build Automation. Updated: December 2020.
455,108 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ujjwal Gupta
Senior Technical Consultant at Adobe
Mar 4, 2019
Your True Friend when you're out (CI/CD)

What is our primary use case?

I use Jenkins for Continous Integration or Continous Deployment to run test case execution in Nightly build atmosphere. Integrating test scripts to Jenkins is easier and it can run based on the frequency mentioned in settings.
PauloBorges
Senior IT Professional at Novabase
Sep 23, 2019
Fully integrates with many other solutions for more effective ALM

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for Build & Deploy Automation. It is integrated with Git or TFS, Nexus and Ansible for deploying to premises servers in Linux or Windows.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution provides us more effective ALM and deployment automation compared to the previous solution with Serena (now Micro Focus) Dimensions CM.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are Jenkins Pipelines for ALM and full Deploy Cycle. This solution fully integrates with a lot of other solutions like Git, TFS, Nexus, SonarQube, etc.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have more Steps commands for better integration with other platforms. Better and easy-to-use integration with Docker would be an improvement.

For how long have I used

Omar Granados
Lider de Diseño y Arquitectura de Soluciones with 11-50 employees
Apr 19, 2019
Enables us to automate many procedures like code review, testing, and deployment

What is our primary use case?

This solution is the primary component for our automatic release process, including code smell, integration, and deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has provided us with better quality and less time to market for our software products. We can also automate many procedures like code review, testing, and deployment.

What is most valuable?

There are a large number of plugins available for integration with third party systems.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be updated a little. I think that a REST API is needed to expand the integration capabilities.

Rob Heavey
Software Developer at R.L. Heavey & Co Ltd
Dec 3, 2019
Streamlines automated testing and building of release candidates, good support material available

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for repeatable testing of code for regression and design conformance in a medical and scientific environment.

How has it helped my organization?

Jenkins has allowed for streamlined automated testing, building, and smoke testing of release candidates.

What is most valuable?

A lot of support material exists via a single web search of exactly what you're looking for.

What needs improvement?

I think an integrated help button, that respected the context of the change/work in hand, would be a worthwhile improvement.

I have been using this solution for four years.
Oscar Urrego
Software Test Automation Engineer at Colpatria
May 12, 2019
The ability to connect with multiple tools and technologies has helped us increase productivity

What is our primary use case?

This is our CD solution for Java APIs and Microsites.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution automates the deployment process and therefore increases productivity.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its ability to connect with different tools and technologies.

What needs improvement?

This solution would be improved with the inclusion of an Artifactory (Universal artifact repository manager).

Five years.
Wasim Akram
Managing Director at Technocure
Jul 1, 2019
Valuable plugins and automation, but the upgrades need improvement

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for continuous integration and deployment, using Groovy Script for pipeline node configuration.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped us in automating the build and test process, reducing time.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are plugins that make my server highly available.

What needs improvement?

The upgrades need improvement.

Three years.
Product Categories
Build Automation
Download our free Build Automation Report and find out what your peers are saying about Jenkins, Atlassian, JetBrains, and more!