MR
Project Manager at Ibermatica
Good project management capability

• "The most valuable feature is project management."
  • "When you first start to use the interface, it is confusing."

What is our primary use case?

We have a development team and we use Jira to manage our projects. We use several products by Atlassian whenever we create and work on a new project.

We have scrum masters who write new project stories, which are tracked by Jira.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is project management.

What needs improvement?

The integration and management features need to be improved.

When you first start to use the interface, it is confusing.

We have been using Jira for about one year.

In my company, we have a lot of knowledge and experience with Atlassian products. We have not needed to contact technical support.

I have also used ALM Synchronizer and I find that it is better because it is easier to manage and it is a more agile tool.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing Jira is to install the plugin from Micro Focus because it is a better way to manage the interrelationship between these two tools.

Overall, my experience with Jira is pretty good.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

AM
Project Manager/Product Owner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Versatile solution

• "Internally we use Jira for our own implementations and capturing requirements and our customers are using the whole tool for the whole software development life cycle. They're using it for the full life cycle of the product."
  • "I wish the whole workflow process was easier to set up. You put the requirements in and then you send it to the developer. They get a notification. Then they go into Jira."

What is our primary use case?

We use one version of Jira internally and we also have another version of Jira that we use externally for our customer. We've been using it for both.

Internally we use Jira for our own implementations and capturing requirements and our customers are using the whole tool for the whole software development life cycle. They're using it for the full life cycle of the product.

What needs improvement?

The Defect section could be improved. When you're trying to keep track of the requirements and the Defect section, this setup could be done better.

I was struggling to set it up. I wish the whole workflow process was easier to set up. You put the requirements in and then you send it to the developer. They get a notification. Then they go into Jira.

We have been using Jira over the last 12 months or more.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would give Jira a seven.

To be a ten, there should be more options where you just click and drag. That would be nice. It's hard to copy and paste requirements. You lose your formatting and everything. So just simple navigation stuff should be improved.

Learn what your peers think about Jira. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,529 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AG
Delivery Head IT & IS at a non-tech company with 10,001+ employees
Flexible, easy to configure and install, and is scalable

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution for project and defect management, and task tracking.

What needs improvement?

There could be some improvements in the project management and portfolio level features. I think they could bring more flavours of Agile to Jira, that would help.

I have been using the solution for approximately eight years.

We have found it to be very stable.

The solution is very scalable and flexible. It's one of the best products that we have been using. We currently have 80 users using the solution.

The configurations for the installation are very well…

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution for project and defect management, and task tracking.

What needs improvement?

I have been using the solution for approximately eight years.

We have found it to be very stable.

The configurations for the installation are very well documented on Jira sites. You can just go there and it has everything you need. The installation did not take much time, it was straight forward.

We had one internal administrator do the implementation, the configurations are straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to others.

I rate Jire a nine out of ten.

MC
Line Technical Agent at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Straightforward, easy to use, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for project management. We have cloud and on-premises deployments of this solution, and we are currently using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is very straightforward and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

It should be less expensive.

I have been using this solution for about five years.

It is scalable. We have about 500 users.

I don't have any experience with their technical support.

It is easy to install. It takes one to two days.

Our team handles its deployment and maintenance. We have a team of…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

It is very straightforward and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

It should be less expensive.

I have been using this solution for about five years.

It is scalable. We have about 500 users.

I don't have any experience with their technical support.

It is easy to install. It takes one to two days.

Our team handles its deployment and maintenance. We have a team of three people to manage it.

Its price is fine, but we would like it to be less expensive. We are paying on a yearly basis.

We didn't evaluate other products.

What other advice do I have?

I would 100% recommend this solution to others. We plan to keep using it.

I would rate Jira a nine out of ten.

KB
CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Scalable, good functionality, and well structured

What is our primary use case?

We using this solution to handling all of our development and support tickets.

What is most valuable?

We have found the structure, functionality, and how Jira handles the tickets most valuable.

What needs improvement?

The performance could be improved in the future.

I have been using this solution for approximately four years.

We have had some issues with stability.

The scalability is good for what we are using it for. We have approximately 20 people using the solution in my organization and we plan to increase usage.

The technical support…

What is our primary use case?

We using this solution to handling all of our development and support tickets.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The performance could be improved in the future.

I have been using this solution for approximately four years.

We have had some issues with stability.

The technical support could be more responsive.

We have one technician handling the deployment of Jira in my organization.

There is a monthly license required for this solution and it is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Jira an eight out of ten.

DL
CEO and Founder at a computer software company with 1-10 employees
Easy to use, user friendly, and highly reliable

What is our primary use case?

We use Jira to manage our software development lifecycle. Additionally, it can be used to communicate between teams and as a management tool, it has many abilities.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use and user-friendly.

I have been using Jira for approximately 10 years.

Jira is highly stable.

The solution is scalable. We have approximately 400 people using the solution in my organization.

The technical support is very good. They have different ways to get in contact with the support, such as chat.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use and user-friendly.

I have been using Jira for approximately 10 years.

Jira is highly stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have approximately 400 people using the solution in my organization.

The installation took a couple of weeks. It was a distributed architecture that was quite easy to implement.

We are on an annual license and could be less expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Jira a ten out of ten.

TS
Project Management Officer at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Great for creating tasks and tracking productivity of my development team

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for JIRA is for project tracking to see where our development team productivity is.

What is most valuable?

This product has been very helpful for me in terms of creating tasks and tracking my development team's productivity.

What needs improvement?

I think support could be improved, in particular it would be helpful having a login for the support team.

I've been using this solution for six years.

This solution is very stable.

This solution is scalable.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for six years.

This solution is very stable.

This solution is scalable.

It was easy to deploy this locally, I'm not sure if it would be the same at enterprise level. We have nearly 300 users in the company.

I've tried some other solutions including Plenty, ClickUp and Azure. I feel that Jira is far better than these other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product for people who have agility.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

SG
Test Specialist at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Has a good, uncomplicated UI but needs improvement in dropdown options

• "The UI is good. It's simple and not very complicated. It's very good for tracking."
  • "The thing I don't like is that it is hard to decide which dropdown options should be selected. When we try and submit it, it will state that there are certain mandates in place. It won't allow us to submit the form unless we fill out all the details."

What is our primary use case?

We use it mainly for logging defects and tracking them.

What is most valuable?

The UI is good. It's simple and not very complicated.

It's very good for tracking.

What needs improvement?

The thing I don't like is that it is hard to decide which dropdown options should be selected. When we try and submit it, it will state that there are certain mandates in place. It won't allow us to submit the form unless we fill out all the details.

I don't think Jira has a copy/paste option for emails. I know that you can attach emails, but I don't think there is a copy/paste option.

I've been working with JIRA for the past 10 years.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Jira because it helps from a functional point of view and also with tracking defects. It is similar to Quality Center and is good.

I would rate it at seven on a scale from one to ten.

Download our free Jira Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.