Schedule a 30-minute demo or reference call with a real user from the PeerSpot community. Available only to members that are in a buying process for this product and have contributed a review that's then published.

Jitterbit Harmony Platform OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Jitterbit Harmony Platform is #13 ranked solution in top Integration Platform as a Service providers, #19 ranked solution in top Cloud Data Integration tools, and #42 ranked solution in top Data Integration Tools. IT Central Station users give Jitterbit Harmony Platform an average rating of 8 out of 10. Jitterbit Harmony Platform is most commonly compared to Mule Anypoint Platform:Jitterbit Harmony Platform vs Mule Anypoint Platform. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 34% of all views.
What is Jitterbit Harmony Platform?
Open source integration platform designed to handle the most complex integration challenges between legacy, enterprise and On-Demand applications.

Jitterbit Harmony Platform was previously known as Jitterbit, Jitterbit Harmony.

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Jitterbit Harmony Platform Customers
LA Metro, Mophie, Club Auto, University of Miami, Exostar, Dialog Direct, Avero, Greenpoint Technologies, Berklee Online, Odyssey, KeyedIn Solutions, Swish Maintenance, SPP Pumps Limited, Talent Plus, Ricoh Canada, Televerde, Reed Construction Data, Sika US, Sunkist Growers
Jitterbit Harmony Platform Video

Archived Jitterbit Harmony Platform Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user37734
Director Technology Services, Retail Direct & Ecommerce at a consumer goods company with 501-1,000 employees
Provides the ability to map data between files and databases.

• "Jitterbit provides the ability to quickly map data between files and databases."
  • "Looping through complex data structures can be difficult."

What is most valuable?

Jitterbit provides the ability to quickly map data between files and databases. Because it is done without much coding, it can be done quickly with a small team and maintained more easily.

How has it helped my organization?

We continue to find more and more ways to leverage the tool. With it, we are able to pull orders from eBay using an API without formal in-house expertise.

What needs improvement?

Looping through complex data structures can be difficult. There should be better documentation to address common scenarios.

I have used this solution for three years.

We had a couple of occasions where performance was impacted due to issues on the Harmony cloud.

So far, we have not encountered any scalability issues.

Support has been responsive and quickly answered our questions.

We used a combination of in-house scripts and old integration tools. Jitterbit is very flexible. Replacing a number of tools with a single, standard, supported tool with a short learning curve was a good choice for us.

The setup was very straightforward. Install the studio, install the agent, and then go.

The Jitterbit price is based upon endpoints. They also offer ERP connectors with their Enterprise edition. If you only need the ERP connector, they will license a custom package based upon your needs.

We evaluated a number of solutions, including writing custom interfaces/scripts. No other solution was an "apples-to-apples" comparison.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you understand the definition of “endpoint”. The product can become expensive if you are connecting to a large number.

Take advantage of the free trial. You can easily get a simple interface up and running in that time frame to see how the tool works for you.

it_user643647
VP, Business Technology at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
We can build integrations and processes to pull and push data.

• "It is very easy to build integrations and processes to pull and push data."
  • "I would like the ability to offer a dedicated cloud version for security."

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to build integrations and processes to pull and push data.

How has it helped my organization?

It used to take us 60 – 80 hours to build integrations. We can now do most of them in less than one day. It has been a huge time saver for us.

What needs improvement?

I would like the ability to offer a dedicated cloud version for security. Some of our customers are uncomfortable allowing their data to go to the cloud unless there is a dedicated service just for them in which their data is never co-mingled.

I have used Jitterbit for four years.

We did have some stability issues when we first moved to the cloud version, but that was resolved.

We have not yet had any scalability issues.

I would give technical support a rating of 10/10. This is where Jitterbit has really shined. Their support has been the best of any tool we have ever used.

We were using Informatica. It was old, bloated with integrations we did not need, and not cloud-based. It was also much more expensive than Jitterbit.

It is very easy to install and get running.

No advice here. Jitterbit was extremely cost effective for us compared to other options.

We evaluated Informatica, Pentaho, MuleSoft, Pervasive, and Talend.

What other advice do I have?

We mainly used the NetSuite, Salesforce, and Oracle integrations. Those all worked seamlessly. We did not look into all the other standard integrations they offer. You need to make sure they offer what you need.

Find out what your peers are saying about Jitterbit, Microsoft, MuleSoft and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user651537
Technical Consultant - Salesforce Specialist at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
The web console allows you monitor your integrations remotely.

• "The fluid user interface (probably the most user friendly interface, when compared to its competitors)."
  • "In the past few months, there have been some server downtimes during work hours that have affected some critical scheduled integrations."

What is most valuable?

For both Jitterbit Harmony ETL and Jitterbit Salesforce Data Loader, I value the following:

• The fluid user interface (probably the most user friendly interface, when compared to its competitors).
  • The drag-and-drop functionality used for data mapping.
  • The web console that allows you to monitor your integrations remotely from anywhere in the world.

How has it helped my organization?

The Jitterbit Salesforce Data Loader has allowed my team to be creative with the cost effective solutions that we propose to clients, since the Data Loader solution is free.

The Jitterbit Harmony ETL tool has allowed my team to architect more centralized integration solutions. Jitterbit is solely used as the middleware technology across multiple end-points.

What needs improvement?

In the past few months, there have been some server downtimes during work hours that have affected some critical scheduled integrations. Jitterbit can improve in this area.

I have used both versions (Jitterbit Harmony ETL and Jitterbit Salesforce Data Loader) for three years.

We’ve periodically experienced downtime with this tool, although not too often. I would estimate it to be about twice in three months.

We get email notifications stating downtime with one of the regional servers on which the integration cloud agent runs. This is usually disruptive, if it happens during work hours.

There are no scalability issues with the full Jitterbit Harmony ETL version. We experienced some scalability issues with the Jitterbit Harmony Salesforce Data Loader, usually when processing records greater than 50 thousand in a scheduled process.

I would give technical support a rating of 8/10.

• For full integration needs, we used IBM Cast Iron.
  • For quick data migration, we used the Apex Data Loader.

We switched primarily because of cost.

The initial setup was straightforward.

I do believe Jitterbit has one of the better pricing and licensing options out there compared to its competitors. However, you can get better pricing from its competitors, if you do a bulk purchase (ETL tool and other applications).

We evaluated the following alternatives:

• Dell Boomi
  • IBM Cast Iron
  • IBM WebSphere
  • Informatica
  • Pentaho data integration (Kettle)

What other advice do I have?

Most of the ETL tools can achieve the base function of data integration.

When selecting a product, pick the one that is:

• Easy to implement and manage
  • Cost effective
  • Able to scale
  • Able to get the job done

You do not need the finest with all the bells and whistles. Just get the one that gets the job done.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a partner.
it_user647439
Senior Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The product integrates well with our CRM.

What is most valuable?

Easy integration with Salesforce Point and click Wizards

How has it helped my organization?

We use this product for our clients.

What needs improvement?

There were some bugs in the product. For example if you run a delete query and test, it deletes the actual data.

We have used this product for eight months.

The product is stable.

We haven't encountered any scalability issues, although it was tested with only a few thousand records.

I have not used technical support.

We previously used…

What is most valuable?

• Easy integration with Salesforce
  • Point and click
  • Wizards

How has it helped my organization?

We use this product for our clients.

What needs improvement?

We have used this product for eight months.

The product is stable.

I have not used technical support.

We previously used Talend.

The setup was straightforward for me.

I was not involved in the pricing/licensing considerations.

We evaluated Talend and Dell Boomi.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are partners.
it_user647463
CRM Administrator at a media company with 51-200 employees
We use this product for inserting, updating, and deleting critical records in our organization.

• "Integrity, ease of use, user-friendly user interface, and errorless logs are the most valuable features."
  • "Sometimes we experience disconnections and I have to close all Jitterbit programs."

What is most valuable?

Integrity, ease of use, user-friendly user interface, and errorless logs are the most valuable features. We are extremely satisfied with this product.

How has it helped my organization?

We use this product on a daily basis and rely on it for inserting, updating, and deleting critical records in our organization.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes we experience disconnections and I have to close all Jitterbit programs. I have to hit the "Jitterbit Cloud Data Loader Start Services" button to reopen and reconnect to the Salesforce organization. This issue can be fixed.

We have been using the solution for five years.

We have encountered some disconnect issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

I would give the technical support a rating of 10/10 as the online guides have helped us sufficiently.

I had been using Salesforce Data Loader and DataLoader.io previously. However, Jitterbit Cloud Data Loader is more useful, accurate, and reliable than others in the market, based on performance.

The setup was straightforward. All setup steps are predefined and easy to implement.

Every Salesforce administrator should use this product on their CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) operations.

We evaluated Salesforce Data Loader and DataLoader.io.

What other advice do I have?

It's easy and fun to use this product. You can count on it for all your CRUD operations.

it_user639450
Consultant at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Jitterbit handles many lines of data in a .csv and loads it quickly.

• "Jitterbit handles the most lines of data in a .csv and loads the quickest of any data loader I have tried."
  • "I know with Salesforce updating the UI like they did, it slowed it down a lot."

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

I am a consultant, but when I was an admin, it helped me make changes (inserts/updates) much faster.

What needs improvement?

It's pretty user-friendly. The only thing I would possibly change is the UI. It is still very 'Windows' looking.

I know with Salesforce updating the UI like they did, it slowed it down a lot.

I like the Dataloader.io interface and usability the best. It's just too slow.

I have been using Jitterbit since 2013.

We have not had any stability issues that I can remember.

We have not had any scalability issues.

I have never used technical support.

I use Dataloader.io for very small jobs as it is super easy to use. But it’s VERY slow when you have more data and it only handles up to about 50,000 lines.

I use the Salesforce data loader for medium jobs, as it is faster than dataloader.io, but not as easy to use.

For large jobs, I use Jitterbit due to the speed and the handling of millions of lines.

The setup was in the middle range between straightforward and complex.

I only use the free version.

What other advice do I have?

I only use the free version and I haven’t implemented it, per se.

it_user635427
Data Architect / Data Migration Specialist / Cloud Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
It is built to handle Salesforce integration with other systems.

• "The Cloud Console for monitoring and troubleshooting data operations."
  • "Sometimes additional connectors are needed."

What is most valuable?

• The ease of use and the admin friendly UI for setting up integration.
  • The Cloud Console for monitoring and troubleshooting data operations.
  • The pre-built Salesforce connectors.

How has it helped my organization?

As a Salesforce implementation partner, Jitterbit is our go to recommendation when it comes to Salesforce integration with other systems because of its streamlined, easy UI and wizard-based configuration. Since Jitterbit is built to handle these types of integrations, we have the utmost confidence in recommending it to our customers.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes additional connectors are needed.

There is also need for:

• Temporary/lookup tables that can be referenced for data, without having to use additional servers.
  • Salesforce connectors that work with the Salesforce Streaming API.
  • Additional data transformation capabilities like de-duping, denormalization, and normalization.

I have used this solution for three years.

There were no stability issues.

We have experienced some scalability issues, i.e., notably around advanced data transformation, manipulations, and cleansing, which Jitterbit can't do.

The technical support is very good.

The setup is very straightforward.

We have noted that the base level with 3 connections is $2000, but the added bonus is that Jitterbit doesn't charge for any data volume/traffic, which is a good feature.

When providing recommendations, we suggest Jitterbit and Scribe Online as the cloud-based tool options and CloverETL as the on-premise system.

What other advice do I have?

Start simple and build on the complexity.

If you need complex data cleansing, de-duping, denormalization, and/or normalization, then consider a tool such as CloverETL.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We have a partnership with Jitterbit so as to recommend the tool to our customers who are looking to integrate.
it_user631617
Founder at a tech services company
Allows us to query databases and web services. I would like to see better scheduling and error handling.

What is most valuable?

In descending order:

• Data manipulation and mapping
  • Connection possibilities to HTTP (authenticated calls)
  • Connection and transaction management for the SQL server
  • Communication possibilities (email)

How has it helped my organization?

Jitterbit allows us to:

• Query databases and web services
  • Manipulate and organize data
  • Track the flow and the states of different processes

What needs improvement?

At the time, the scheduling and error handling left room for improvement. The execution of scheduled tasks was less reliable than it could be.

I am not sure how long the solution has been in use.

Tasks would fail to start or error out and fail to track exceptions.

I am not aware of any scalability issues.

We did not use technical support.

We used an in-house application. The maintenance required highly trained developers. Even so, we went back to that solution eventually.

The setup was straightforward.

I was not involved in the licensing and pricing.

We did not evaluate any other products beforehand.

What other advice do I have?

Get the latest version and train the personnel.

it_user629043
Developer, Technical Lead at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Sets a basic interface with error handling. The console monitor should be easier to filter.

What is most valuable?

• Connects to Salesforce
  • Adds scripts

How has it helped my organization?

• Better error handling and monitoring of all interfaces
  • The ability to add new interfaces: It really simplifies integrations, especially Salesforce related integrations
  • The ability to quickly set a basic interface with error handling

What needs improvement?

• Debugging: There should be a better way to track variable values during debugging. The need to print each log is frustrating when you encounter issues.
  • There should be a way to inspect the files going to 'temp storage' on the studio.
  • The variable search should be improved with the ability to click and go to the results in the search.
  • The console monitor should be easier to filter. There are better ways to filter data than typing in the filters in the search bar.

We have been using this product for two years.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

When I needed the technical support, the response was quick and professional.

I am not aware of any previous solutions.

I was not involved with the installation process.

I was not involved with the client sale process.

I am not aware of any other evaluated solutions.

it_user629052
Chief Technology Officer at a wholesaler/distributor with 51-200 employees
It runs like an appliance and has tremendous throughput. It has been running since the day we went live with no issues at all.

• "It runs like an appliance and has tremendous throughput."
  • "You need to have some development skills or hire a Jitterbit engineer to make changes."

What is most valuable?

It runs like an appliance and has tremendous throughput. Jitterbit has been running since the day we went live with no issues at all.

How has it helped my organization?

We used to wait hours and hours for transactions to sync from our Magento website into our back-end system for processing. Now orders sync in near real time.

What needs improvement?

You need to have some development skills or hire a Jitterbit engineer to make changes. On the flipside, we only had several minor support incidents. It does not require full time, in-house, support personnel.

We have used this solution for more than three years.

We didn't have any issues with stability.

It is a very scalable product.

I would give the technical support a rating of 9/10.

We used EZ Connector between Fishbowl and QuickBooks. We migrated to MS Dynamics AX 2012 and also implemented Jitterbit.

We had a three month engagement with a Jitterbit technical consultant who designed and implemented our system.

This is a mission critical element in our architecture, so the spend and the recurring annual support makes sense for our business. Each business needs to determine if it is a mission critical aspect.

We evaluated MuleSoft.

What other advice do I have?

It is worth every penny.

it_user625122
Implementation Specialist at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
The pre-configured connectors allow integration with other systems.

What is most valuable?

• The pre-configured connectors to systems like SAP & Salesforce: This makes it extremely easy for someone who wants to integrate these two systems.

• UI: Sets everything up in a logical manner. It’s easy to understand how things are operating and in what sequence.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has not had any impact on our current organization, but we have implemented this solution for many clients. It has streamlined some of their processes that were previously manual, required duplicate efforts, and were redundant.

What needs improvement?

• More pre-defined functions
  • More connectors
  • More samples for Jitterpaks

I have used this solution for over a year.

I do happen to see more than a normal amount of emails about degradations.

There were no scalability issues.

I would give the technical support a rating of 8/10. The technical support members are very knowledgeable, but they seem to lack patience.

The initial setup was pretty complex. In order to start using the product, you have to:

• Get the license keys
  • Complete multiple installations
  • Sync those installations

The pricing is negotiable.

What other advice do I have?

If you are a developer, then you should have little to no problem implementing this product.

However, if you are a beginning developer with little to no experience, it is possible that you will get through it. You will need to use all the resources that you have. These include technical support, the community, and of course, Googling it.