Jobvite OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Jobvite?
Jobvite is the leading recruiting platform for the social web. Today's fastest-growing companies use applicant tracking, recruiter CRM and social recruiting software solutions from Jobvite to target the right talent and build the best teams. Jobvite is a complete, modular Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform which can optimize the speed, cost-effectiveness and ease of recruiting for any company. For more information, visit www.jobvite.com.
Jobvite Buyer's Guide

Download the Jobvite Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Jobvite Customers
Allegheny Health Network, American Wedding Group, App Annie, Coupons.com, CalTech, Elance-oDesk, EverQuote Inc., GREE International, Jive Software, Infinera, Lithium, RedFrog Events, ShoreTel, WaterSmart, Zoosk
Jobvite Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Jobvite pricing:
  • "Jobvite is a cheap solution."
  • "Its price is competitive. It is not like they've increased their price in five years, so I'm happy about that. For a specific or customized report, you have to pay a little bit extra."

Jobvite Reviews

Patrick Frost
Principal with 11-50 employees
Allows us to manage a large amount of candidates at a large amount of sites and still be very site specific

• "The feature that I have found most valuable is the interview schedule piece. This allows me to see what interviews are going on. It allows me to put them on my calendar and to track that piece so that I can follow up both with my candidate and with my hiring manager."
  • "Sometimes it seems, for whatever reason, that not all of the messaging goes through. I don't know if that's an internal email issue or that's an email issue with them. So I will externally follow up a lot of my communication through Microsoft Outlook as my own redundancy to make sure that my messages get out."

What is our primary use case?

On the day-to-day basis, we use Jobvite as an applicant tracking system to track all of the candidates that we have in process. We use it to push out interviews. We use it to notify hiring managers of candidates that are interviewed. We use it for its evaluation piece to evaluate candidates after their interviews. We use it to connect it to our website to do our advertising, we push advertising out to Jobvite. We manage our third party vendors through that system and allow them to help us track the resumes they submit to us and we input them into the system. It is used to make offers and to run our third party, including background checks and things like that to start that process. We have a pretty extensive use of Jobvite with all the bells and whistles.

How has it helped my organization?

One of the benefits we've had from Jobvite, as we are a high volume recruiting organization in the manufacturing field with around 60 different locations, is that it allows us to manage a very large amount of candidates at a large amount of sites and to still be very site specific. The searches allow us to look at specific individuals and specific sites and give us information on those sites. That's the piece that I find the most valuable - we're able to go and dig into each of our particular sites and still be able to find out all of the activity there on the recruiting side.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I have found most valuable is the interview schedule piece. This allows me to see what interviews are going on. It allows me to put them on my calendar and to track that piece so that I can follow up both with my candidate and with my hiring manager.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved, sometimes it seems, for whatever reason, that not all of the messaging goes through. I don't know if that's an internal email issue or that's an email issue with them. So I will externally follow up a lot of my communication through Microsoft Outlook as my own redundancy to make sure that my messages get out. So there's a little bit of a concern on consistency of the messaging getting through in terms of scheduling or in terms of sending a resume to a particular hiring manager, especially if you have multiple hiring managers. It does not have an ability to CC hiring managers on the resumes that are sent through. It only goes through to the hiring manager and sometimes you want other members of the team to see the resumes. So, it doesn't necessarily work that way. Those are a couple of different things that they could work on.

Otherwise, there is nothing else that I can really think of. If you know the system you know how to work your way around certain things. Once you get hands-on in the system, you understand how the system works and you understand how to work within its environment.

I'm using Jobvite today and I've used it for the last three years.

We are using the enterprise version.

Jobvite is a relatively stable application. I haven't had a whole lot of problems with it and there haven't been many times when I've been unable to access it. So, stability is pretty good.

The maintenance is done by Jobvite themselves and that's part of the contract that we've signed with them.

Jobvite has good scalability. Because of the number of positions that we've used and the number of locations we have, we have seen very good scalability.

We have a number of different hiring managers that are using Jobvite for hiring managers at all the different locations. HR managers are using it. All the different recruiters are using it. I would say we probably have 300 - 400 users on it currently.

It is being used by all of our recruiters. It's being used by all of our sites. So I don't know that there's really anything that we're going to increase with it. I think it's already being deployed to everybody that's going to use it. It is just a question of adding on new hiring managers  and new recruiters. We have sites all over the States. Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, West Coast, Southwest.

I haven't had much of a need for technical support, but my understanding is that they've been relatively responsive for when we have had issues.

I used iCIMS for a large number of years when I was at a different company so I am familiar with that as well. I've been a contractor, so I've moved to a number of different organizations and basically been with the systems that the particular organizations are using. There's only really been one time that I was part of an implementation.

I think Jobvite and iCIMS are really very similar. It's just a matter of how they organize and what their workflow is. I would say that if you have a good knowledge of one system it is fairly easy to switch over to the other system. It's just a matter of how they organize things and how their workflow runs.

I think the ability to improve the resume for someone who is not in the system, the ability to forward a resume to someone on the hiring managers team who doesn't have a Jobvite profile, some way to get that resume out to an interview team member, and potentially a way to give team members interview and resume receiving access, versus all the rest of the bells and whistles, is important. There should be some way to get them in and to make it easier, because it's a challenge sometimes when a hiring manager is set up on the interview process and wants two members of this team to be part of the process, but the only one in Jobvite is the hiring manager. You send the invite to the hiring manager through Jobvite and then you go out and use an external solution like Outlook and you have to invite the hiring manager a second time, and then the team members. If there was a way to add that and make it a one-stop shop, that would be better. It's a matter of putting permissions in interviews and resume receiving.

It was actually set up in both of the organizations I worked for before I came on board, but my understanding is the setup was relatively straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anyone considering Jobvite is to make sure you have a well-documented workflow process, make sure that you understand what you're going to ask Jobvite to do, make sure that you cover all those aspects of it, and make sure that you understand it. From the beginning - how you want the resumes to be routed, how you want interviews to happen, how you want job offers to happen, how you want to do evaluations, to make sure that you have your process done and documented in all of the different areas that you're going to have. Make sure you have that on the front end so that Java can be tailored to fit because if you don't have your process in place you will need to kind of retrofit it.

Also, make sure you have redundant emails from outside the system just to make sure your message gets through.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give Jobvite an eight.

For it to be a ten, it would need a little more consistency with the messaging and to be a little easier on the interviewing side of it. The evaluation forms are okay but I'd love to see a little bit more of a robust evaluation form for putting in candidate evaluations. Those would be the things that can move it up to a ten out of ten.

Private Cloud
HA
Technical Recruiter at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Helps companies get organized, but the user experience could be better

• "Having an applicant tracking system like Jobvite helps companies get organized."
  • "The user experience can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I'm a technical recruiter. I'm mostly using Jobvite to track candidates who have applied for jobs or who I have reached out to. But the fundamental use case is for collecting information on candidates who've applied for jobs and checking them, managing them, communicating with a candidate, communicating with people in my company about the job application, and about the collection of candidates who had applied for a particular job. I report on the status of the candidates who were in the process. It's the kind of the standard collection of things that a recruiter would do in regards to an applicant tracking system.

Jobvite provides that basic functionality. Other things that we provide would be to distribute information about job postings. The company puts the job opening, the job title, and the job description into Jobvite. Jobvite can disseminate that to job boards like LinkedIn and Indeed, and others. It's the basic functionality of a modern applicant tracking system, and Jobvite essentially does all that.

What is most valuable?

Having an applicant tracking system like Jobvite helps companies get organized. It's the place where it provides a way for job applicants to apply. It enables a way for employment agencies to submit a resume. It provides a way for recruiters and hiring managers to look over the resumes of people who have applied and stores resumes of people they're reaching out to. It provides a way for the interviewers to provide their feedback on candidates and for the company to check what's happened with the candidates who were rejected and why, or which candidates were hired.

What needs improvement?

The user experience can be improved. Reporting was especially bad when I was using the product a year ago. They have released a new reporting module. I have heard from others that it's still not great. The functionality is somewhat weak. There are numerous frustrations with the user experience for recruiters and other employees like hiring managers and interviewers.

When I was reintroduced to the product, I was told to use it with my browser and clear my cache every week or two because if you don't, the product becomes unstable. I don't believe you should have to clear your browser cache to use a software product. It should work without the user having to do that.

I've been using Jobvite for a little over ten months.

Jobvite is fairly stable. There are stability issues, not so much with the whole system, but more with individual components, individual features. A couple of days ago, somebody at my company discovered that it wasn't sending notifications. It's supposed to send emails to employees when there's information that changed, and they subscribe to that, and it wasn't sending emails. [This was fixed soon after my original report; it was just an example of stability issues.]

Scalability is mediocre.

Some individuals in their technical support department were very responsive. I tend to push applicant tracking systems more than most technical recruiters. I'm a former engineer and former product manager. I'm often trying to do things that other users aren't or can't. I tend to contact the customer support department and probe how we can do certain things.

I've used Lever and Greenhouse before. They were all software as a service and had similar arrangements where everybody in a company could have an account. Some people got permission to submit candidates and provide feedback on the people they interviewed. Greenhouse has better scalability and better reporting than Jobvite and Lever. Greenhouse and Lever also have a better user experience than Jobvite. I use Jobvite because that's what they use at the company I work for.

I've heard that it was frustrating, but that's not uncommon. From what I've seen of it in terms of adding capabilities, taking advantage of capabilities that were there that we weren't already using, it wasn't such a smooth process in setting them up.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not a big fan, and I don't find it especially valuable. There's a couple of the products that I've used that I would recommend over it, but it does the basics that you need from an applicant tracking system.

I would advise potential Jobvite users to look at Greenhouse and Lever as well. Make sure that the people who are actually going to be using the system, particularly the people in the recruiting department, are really comfortable with the functionality and the user experience and the reporting.

The challenging thing about many of these things is that they may look good on a demo, but the devil's definitely in the details. You need to work with it for a while to really find out how something works, and Jobvite can be quite frustrating.

There are aspects of the functionality that are somewhat hidden. Sometimes it's possible to do something, but it's not obvious how. Sometimes it's just not possible to do the things you want to do.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Jobvite a four.

Learn what your peers think about Jobvite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
541,462 professionals have used our research since 2012.
KC
Human Resources & Talent at a non-tech company with 51-200 employees
Needs improvements to integration, confidentiality and managing a candidate's journey

• "The ability to manage and track candidates in one place, and also when you are scheduling is a plus."
  • "It has very inefficient, integration capabilities with the HRS systems"

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for all of our work recruiting. We posted jobs and we helped candidates go through our recruitment journey on the system.

How has it helped my organization?

Probably one of the strongest aspects for our previous organization was the ability to post jobs. Most Talent Management Systems allow for the ability to post jobs, both on our own career site, as well as other sites. For example, LinkedIn, etc, etc. This functionality of the solution, worked as expected.

What is most valuable?

The ability to manage and track candidates in one place, and also when you are scheduling is a plus. The feature to allow the hiring team, other than the just the recruitment team, to put feedback during the recruitment process was available.  This feature allows for everyone involved in accessing and tracking talent for each search to review the feedback on the candidate.

What needs improvement?

You cannot create types of candidate journeys, it doesn't have that functionality. For example, you might have a journey for a Technical Talent that is different than G&A Talent, and it doesn't allow for that. It also doesn't allow for confidentiality, if you're a candidate and then you get hired, you can see all the feedback of your colleagues. Which typically you don't want to do. You want to keep that confidential for different reasons.

It has very inefficient, integration capabilities with the HRS systems. It's almost, non-existent. That's also a big problem. Their reporting is also not great. Although I would say most ATS systems are also not great in the reporting.

The fact that you can't create a recruiting journey, the fact that you can't have confidentiality, the fact that it doesn't integrate with an HRS system, is really problematic as a company grows.

I have been using the solution for a couple of years.

If you are a company that is cash strapped, it's probably an okay solution. As long as your expectations of functionality stay pretty minimal. If that is fine and you are looking for a cheap solution that gets you the functionality that you need.

They have not kept pace with other solutions. The way in how recruiters and hiring teams need to operate on an ATS system, they just haven't kept pace. There is a pretty significant lack of functionality that the company has not really addressed, nor do they plan to. It's probably an okay solution in the beginning, but it's not going to help a company scale. Once you get to a particular size and my guess is probably at around 100 employees, Jobvite becomes problematic, especially if you're a company of high growth. Service rocket was on a path of high growth, it really didn't help the company to continue to keep pace.

The primary employee pools are technical engineers in nature. I would say three-quarters of the employee pools are technical.

They are not very solution-oriented. Whatever is on their product function roadmap, it doesn't seem to be aligned with their customer's needs.

I have used in the past other solutions such as Greenhouse, Taleo, Ceridian, and PeopleSoft. Those are ones that I've actually implemented and used with my teams.

I think the main benefits with some of these other solutions is that they have more functionality. The lack of confidentiality is a big problem with this current solution. With these other solutions, they allow you to craft journeys depending on the types of candidates that you are interviewing and having confidentiality, these other systems allow for that. The overarching, integration with the HRIS system is absolutely very important.

Recruiters are pretty resourceful, we are able to get by using the solution, but on a daily bases, it is pretty painful.  It is a pretty manually operated solution.

Jobvite is an inexpensive solution. If your company is strapped and doesn't have a lot of funds this could be a good way to go. The pricing is determined by the number of employees. Currently, a lot of (ATS) and other systems are doing it by the number of employees. Per head, it is probably one of the cheapest options out there.

What other advice do I have?

For external hires, we predominantly used this solution. We also do a lot of internal hires and because of the issue with the solution not allowing for confidentiality, it is pretty problematic when you are moving people around internally. In the future, I do not think we will use this solution again.

I rate Jobvite a three out of ten.

Jane Knaus
Recruiting Leader at Affinity, Inc.
It saves a lot of time and has a really nice scheduling feature for scheduling interviews, and their customer service is amazing

• "It has a really nice scheduling feature, which is very valuable for scheduling interviews. It is an automated feature and one of my favorite things about Jobvite. The other thing that I like about Jobvite is customer service. Their customer service is amazing, and they're constantly improving it and making it better. Jobvite also integrates with LinkedIn."
  • "Its reporting feature can be improved. Reporting is currently not user friendly, and it is just complicated. If you want specific reports that aren't available within the system, then you have to pay extra. We don't use Jobvite for onboarding or payroll. They have the option, but we don't use them for onboarding or payroll. We strictly use it just for the recruiting cycle. If we did have a more comprehensive package with them, the reporting might not be so bad. One thing that kind of bothers me is the fact that you can have somebody apply to several different requisitions, and the notes don't merge together because it is requisition-focused. In other words, it is not strictly candidate-focused, which is kind of a pain sometimes. You have to go back and forth with the notes if somebody applies, or you could miss some important information."

What is our primary use case?

I use it for posting jobs on our website and applicant tracking. I enter a job opening into the system, and then it posts the job onto our website from there. I also use it for scheduling interviews for candidates and documenting the candidate interview process.

How has it helped my organization?

The applicant tracking system that we used earlier had a lot more manual entering of information, which took time. Jobvite comparatively saves a lot of time in terms of having to go back and forth to outlet counters. It shows people the openings on their calendars. You don't have to go back and forth and look whether they are available because the internal calendars pop up, and you can do automatic scheduling.

What is most valuable?

It has a really nice scheduling feature, which is very valuable for scheduling interviews. It is an automated feature and one of my favorite things about Jobvite.

The other thing that I like about Jobvite is customer service. Their customer service is amazing, and they're constantly improving it and making it better. Jobvite also integrates with LinkedIn.

What needs improvement?

Its reporting feature can be improved. Reporting is currently not user friendly, and it is just complicated. If you want specific reports that aren't available within the system, then you have to pay extra. We don't use Jobvite for onboarding or payroll. They have the option, but we don't use them for onboarding or payroll. We strictly use it just for the recruiting cycle. If we did have a more comprehensive package with them, the reporting might not be so bad.

One thing that kind of bothers me is the fact that you can have somebody apply to several different requisitions, and the notes don't merge together because it is requisition-focused. In other words, it is not strictly candidate-focused, which is kind of a pain sometimes. You have to go back and forth with the notes if somebody applies, or you could miss some important information.

I have been using this solution for around five years.

It is very stable. I really haven't had any problems with it.

When we transferred the data over from the other applicant ATS system, we had about 3,000 applicants, and currently, we have 13,500 applicants.

They are speedy, knowledgeable, and friendly.

We were using ApplicantStack, and the main reason for switching was because we were growing and that platform was not scalable.  We were growing, so we needed a more efficient applicant tracking system.

It was fairly straightforward. It was done five years ago. We had to take all the old data and migrate it to Jobvite. It probably took a week. It might be quicker now.

I had help. It wasn't just me. There was another person from my company. It took two sessions for configuring the specifics within the system in terms of workflow, salary, and interviews. In the end, it was fine. As an admin of Jobvite, I can go in and tweak things and change them around if I don't like it. I can also delete or add buttons or locations. It has different functions within the system.

There is not really any maintenance for this. You have to change the password once in a while, which is nothing.

That's a hard question to answer. I wouldn't be able to give the numbers or any kind of data because we're pretty small, and there are times it gets busy. For the platform itself and the size of our company, it is exactly what we need right now.

Its price is competitive. It is not like they've increased their price in five years, so I'm happy about that. For a specific or customized report, you have to pay a little bit extra.

I did research on solutions from several companies, such as Lever and iCIMS. They were all fairly similar. I went with Jobvite because it was the best platform for the size of our company. It also had a good price, and the customer service or the interaction with the people was also good.

What other advice do I have?

Based on prior experience with other ATS systems in my career, this solution is more requisition-focused and strictly for the recruiting process.

I would rate Jobvite a nine out of ten.