JotForm OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is JotForm?

JotForm is a powerful online application that allows anyone to quickly create custom online forms. Its intuitive drag-and-drop user interface makes form building incredibly simple, and doesn’t require you to write a single line of code. Using JotForm, you can create and publish forms, integrate them into your site, and receive responses by email.

JotForm Customers
Outward Bound California, Fair Trade USA
JotForm Video

JotForm Reviews

reviewer1376802
Business Administrator at Wise Driving School Pty Ltd
The ability to automatically populate fields in a PDF has helped us stay compliant

• "The "import from PDF" has been a lifesaver for our company. It allows you to upload an existing PDF form and it automatically creates form fields for you! (It's not perfect but still surprisingly accurate). These are all available in the free plan, you can choose the higher tier plans which allow for more forms and submissions."
  • "Another thing i would like to see improved is the PDF builder. As mentioned above, it is simply not flexible enough in terms of field positioning. They tried to implement the "block" method of design used in many wysiwyg website builders but in my opinion, is not appropriate for PDF forms."

What is our primary use case?

Our company has specific form-filling requirements that mandate the use of a specific PDF layout. JotForm helps us streamline information collection from our clients.

As there are multiple forms that contain the same information (fields) our staff and clients in the past had to manually fill each of the fields. For example, there is a requirement that the address was to be filled in three separate places. JotForm would reduce this rework by autocompleting it for us. We use JotForm's PDF filling feature to reduce duplicate filling.

How has it helped my organization?

JotForm has helped us collect data that otherwise would have been trapped in analogue forms. It has also helped us stay compliant as it allows you to automatically populate fields in a PDF. (It even has a signature field which has been super useful).

There are also custom notifications that help us notify the sales rep when there has been a request. And because there is an API, you can pretty much do anything.

Centralizing our data has also been very helpful in terms of audits. In the past, it was up to reps to collect and ensure the correct data was being collected. JotForm's response validation has helped reduce the chance for human error.

What is most valuable?

The "import from PDF" has been a lifesaver for our company. It allows you to upload an existing PDF form and it automatically creates form fields for you! (It's not perfect but still surprisingly accurate). These are all available in the free plan, you can choose the higher tier plans which allow for more forms and submissions.

If you dont have an existing PDF you can just build one yourself with the PDF designer. Although, I found the builder still a little underpowered in terms of flexibility in the design and positioning of the fields.

What needs improvement?

As of writing (June 2020), JotForm appears to be migrating from an older platform and UI. They definitely need to streamline the seemingly duplicate analytics and reports pages. Some of these pages cant even be accessible from the home page (you have to go via an intermediate menu).

We have been using this product for about 2 weeks now and we can already see the benefits.

Stability is decent, a little clunky on less powerful PCs. I haven't seen a crash yet.

Scalability in terms of the number of responses is easily achieved through upgrading the subscription.

I have not used technical support.

We've been printing out and manually filling out forms in the past. Only due to legal requirements in our industry. Only when the regulators allowed digitally filled forms did we switch.

The initial setup is very simple and intuitive.

As we are currently on the free plan, it is an infinite ROI. Although we are considering upgrading.

There is no setup cost involved, you can simply start off the with free plan. It's not a free trial. If you want to increase your quota, they have monthly subscription plans.

We tried Google Forms as that was the most widely used but it was limited in its options such as signature and PDF form filling.

What other advice do I have?

If you are a small business needing something a little more powerful than Google Forms, use JotForms.

reviewer1158480
User
Leaderboard
Customizable forms and conditional functionality saves us time and improves efficiency

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to create different selections for different text-fields."
  • "The CSS coding interface could be better."

What is our primary use case?

Our Help & Support webpage use JotForm for the advanced form in a single web page.

The Help & Support form has more than ten different options for the different kinds of issues on our products/orders. When a customer submits the form then the text-fields' data is automatically injected into a CRM application.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our efficiency. When a customer writes their issue on our products/orders, certain text-fields related to the issue appear when the form is submitted to our CRM system. One of the text fields goes to a different CRM query system, and our customer services team can better investigate based on the selected field.

What is most valuable?

I have found many useful features.

The most valuable feature is the ability to create different selections for different text-fields. The IF condition allows us to show or hide text-fields based on our requirements, and the functionality is extremely useful.

The Advanced Form has all of the important features existing the in JotForm.

What needs improvement?

The Drag & Drop on the fields object is a bit difficult.

The CSS coding interface could be better.

Better integration with CRM applications like Salesforce would be useful.

We have been using this solution for more than one year.

Stability is perfect for this solution.

I would rate the scalability of this solution a ten out of ten.

I have not spoken to the support team.

We did use another solution, but we switched because JotForm has a better customization capability for text-fields and functions.

Very simple and easy to set up and integrate on a web page.

I handled the implementation myself.

We have seen ROI through a reduction in the phone call and investigation time, now that specific text-fields are shown or hidden appropriately.

We evaluated WordPress Contact Form 7.