Juniper WLC Series OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Juniper WLC Series is #13 ranked solution in top Wireless LAN tools. IT Central Station users give Juniper WLC Series an average rating of 10 out of 10. Juniper WLC Series is most commonly compared to Cisco Wireless:Juniper WLC Series vs Cisco Wireless. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 21% of all views.
What is Juniper WLC Series?
WLC Series Wireless LAN Controllers deliver and manage wireless local area networks with the highest level of reliability, performance, security, and management in the industry. They integrate secure, wireless LANs with any size wired infrastructures, from small branch offices to the largest enterprise or university campus.

Juniper WLC Series was previously known as Juniper WLAN.

Download the Wireless LAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Juniper WLC Series Customers
Apollo Hotel Papendrecht, Armstrong Atlantic State University, Bajaj Capital, Baloise Insurance, BAS Group, Borealis, Danish Crown, Deloitte Belgium, Jan Yperman Hospital, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, MercaSID, S.A., NHTV Breda University, Parklands College and Christopher Robin Pre-Primary, San Antonio Community Hospital, Sandia National Laboratories, Springfield Public Schools (SPS), St. Catherine University, TalkTalk, The Education Village, University of Copenhagen, University of the Highlands and Islands, University of the West of Scotland (UWS), Valdosta State University, Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec), zulily
Juniper WLC Series Video

Juniper WLC Series Reviews

LT
Business Development Manager at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Stable with good AI capabilities and helpful technical support

• "The Artificial Intelligence on offer is very useful."
  • "The support on offer to other vendors switching - like Aruba or Ruckus - could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for education customers.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers a very good open API.

It has excellent programmability.

The Artificial Intelligence on offer is very useful.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's a pretty user-friendly process.

The stability is very good.

We can scale the solution if we need to.

The technical support is extremely helpful and we've found that the documentation is very extensive.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for three years or so. It's been a while. I've used it over the last 12 months as well.

The stability is excellent. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution offers very good scalability. If a company needs to expand it, they can.

We typically work with medium to large-sized organizations.

We have about ten users on the solution currently.

Technical support is excellent. They are extremely helpful and responsive. We are quite satisfied with their level of attention.

On top of that, they offer very comprehensive documentation. It's helpful for learning about the product and troubleshooting.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's simple. They make it very user-friendly. It's not overly complex.

The deployment can take one to two weeks on average. It's not too long.

It requires a team of ten or fewer people to handle deployment and maintenance. Typically, we have three engineers per project.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

We evaluated other solutions, such as Cisco Meraki and Aruba.

We found that Juniper's offering of their API's open interface and Artificial Intelligence were much better. That's why we ended up choosing them instead of other options.

What other advice do I have?

We are a Juniper distributor. I'm a reseller, not a direct end-user or customer.

We use multiple deployment models, including on-premises and the cloud.

I'd recommend the solution. It's a very, very scalable solution and also has very, very good and very powerful programmability and open API interfaces. If a company wants to get the most benefits from the solution, they need to spend some time with the programming engineers to explore the APIs and the interface. It would be a good solution for large enterprises. It could also work for smaller organizations.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

WW
DevOps System Engineer at Monash University
Scalable with good monitoring and good stability

• "The installation process is nice and easy."
  • "We would prefer it if the solution could be less expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a WiFi controller.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable.

There are good monitoring capabilities on offer.

We have found that the solution is quite scalable.

The installation process is nice and easy.

Its cloud machine has AI and machine learning, and therefore, it can help ensure IT has good monitoring and quicker response time as well as good troubleshooting capabilities.

What needs improvement?

We would prefer it if the solution could be less expensive.

I've been dealing with the solution for eight years.

We have found the solution to be stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very reliable.

The solution is quite scalable. There are no limitations at all.

We have five to ten different companies that use the solution and they are all different sizes.

The customer service is okay. Mostly the client deals with it if they run into issues.

The installation process is not overly difficult or very complex. It's nice and simple and we found it to be a straightforward process. It only took five minutes to get it up and running. I've very fast to set up.

I've handled the implementation myself. I didn't need a consultant or anyone else to assist me.

The solution costs a bit too much. We would like it to be less.

Users need to pay a yearly licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

We are Juniper partners.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been very pleased with its capabilities so far.

I would recommend it to others to use. The technology is fantastic.

Find out what your peers are saying about Juniper, Cisco, Aruba Networks and others in Wireless LAN. Updated: November 2021.
554,873 professionals have used our research since 2012.
DH
Head of IT Network Division at Panorinformatika
Scalable, easy to install, and has good technical support

• "The installation process is very easy."
  • "The solution could offer more integration with other products."

What is most valuable?

The solution is stable. The performance is good.

We have found the product to be scalable.

The installation process is very easy.

Technical support is quite helpful.

What needs improvement?

It's much more technical when compared to other companies.

The solution could offer more integration with other products. That would make it much better.

We've used the solution for a couple of years now. It's been a while. I can't speak to the exact amount of time.

The solution is stable. We have not witnessed any bugs or glitches and it doesn't seem to crash or freeze. It's a reliable product and the performance is good in general.

The product is scalable. If a company needs to expand it out, it can do so. It's not a problem at all.

We currently have 20 people using the solution right now in our organization.

Technical support has been good so far. They are helpful and we find them to be responsive. We are satisfied with the level of support we get.

We have found the initial setup to be very easy and straightforward. it's not overly difficult or complex. The time it takes is not very taxing.

Users do need to pay a yearly licensing fee, however, I cannot speak to the exact amount.

We have 12 engineers that can handle deployment and maintenance tasks.

What other advice do I have?

We use both cloud and on-premises deployments.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. It's a great solution. We've very happy with it.

I would recommend it as an option for other organizations.