Junos Space Network Director Overview

Junos Space Network Director is the #11 ranked solution in our list of top Network Management Applications. It is most often compared to Cisco DNA Center: Junos Space Network Director vs Cisco DNA Center

What is Junos Space Network Director?

Juniper Junos Space Network Director can support IT staff can manage their physical and virtual enterprise networks through a single pane of glass. Junos Space Network Director is a automated turnkey network management solution. Administrators can use it to visualize, analyze, and control their entire enterprise networks. In the data center, your IT staff can use the tool to manage and synchronize physical and virtual environments. In the campus, Network Director automates routine management tasks such as network provisioning and troubleshooting, dramatically improving operational efficiency and reliability. Network Director also integrates with VMware vCenter and vRealize Operations (vROps). The management tool offers sophisticated analytics for high-performance data centers, while open RESTful APIs support service orchestration integration with third-party platforms.

Junos Space Network Director Buyer's Guide

Download the Junos Space Network Director Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

Junos Space Network Director Customers

St. Catherine's University, OneNet, University of New Haven, Frederick County Public Schools (Maryland), America's Test Kitchen

Junos Space Network Director Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Junos Space Network Director pricing:
  • "Typically, Juniper is more expensive than Cisco in initial costs, but overall, the long-term licensing fees that you're going to pay for Juniper versus Cisco is going to be less."
  • "We would like the price to be reduced."
  • "This product is set at a good price point."

Junos Space Network Director Reviews

reviewer1465851
Information Solutions Consultant at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Jan 15, 2021
Central management with a single pane of glass, but they need to keep developing it

• "The most valuable feature is the management from a single pane of glass."
  • "I would like to see Space created to fully functional, where it's got multiple modules, particularly SD-WAN working on Corporate, or maybe become part of the Orchestrator portion."

What other advice do I have?

ServiceNow integration is really interesting because it generates tickets for you under J Tech. It creates a service portal that you can integrate problems before you might even know what's happening, direct to J Tech. This is nice. Security Director has made great strides. With SRX models, in particular, a lot of the complaints at Alman have been their web interfaces, which they're redesigning. This is something that may be complete by now. Space got the first iteration and they were able to solidify that. SRX devices can be a pain to manage because just like any other firewall, they can haveā€¦
Teuku Y. Maiyasya
Vice President Engineering Operations at PT Bali Towerindo Sentra, Tbk
Jun 27, 2020
Stable with good performance, and the technical support is better than others

What is our primary use case?

We are internet service providers and when our clients subscribe to our services, we provide the features.

• "The most valuable feature is the technical support, as it is better than others."
  • "I would like to them include network real-time performance and come up with a dashboard report."

What other advice do I have?

We are network providers for our clients. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Juniper, Cisco, Fortinet and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: February 2021.
466,017 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1337175
Manager of Infrastructure and Security Services at a government with 501-1,000 employees
Jan 8, 2021
Facilitates rapid deployment of switches, but the upgrade process is time-consuming

What is our primary use case?

I use this product to manage my edge switching and my firewall environment.

• "It allows me to do more of the basic firewall features, like traffic management and others, in a single pane of glass."
  • "The upgrades are very time-consuming and difficult, and they often have to rebuild the product."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this product is that if you find it very difficult, then maybe you're in the wrong field. If you're going to be using this product then you'll have a deployment of more than 50 switches. Managing that kind of workload or higher with telco-class gear, you should know networking inside and out. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.