Junos Space Network Director OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Junos Space Network Director is the #11 ranked solution in our list of top Network Management Applications. It is most often compared to Cisco DNA Center: Junos Space Network Director vs Cisco DNA Center

What is Junos Space Network Director?

Juniper Junos Space Network Director can support IT staff can manage their physical and virtual enterprise networks through a single pane of glass. Junos Space Network Director is a automated turnkey network management solution. Administrators can use it to visualize, analyze, and control their entire enterprise networks. In the data center, your IT staff can use the tool to manage and synchronize physical and virtual environments. In the campus, Network Director automates routine management tasks such as network provisioning and troubleshooting, dramatically improving operational efficiency and reliability. Network Director also integrates with VMware vCenter and vRealize Operations (vROps). The management tool offers sophisticated analytics for high-performance data centers, while open RESTful APIs support service orchestration integration with third-party platforms.

Download the Network Management Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Junos Space Network Director Customers

St. Catherine's University, OneNet, University of New Haven, Frederick County Public Schools (Maryland), America's Test Kitchen

Junos Space Network Director Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Junos Space Network Director pricing:
  • "Typically, Juniper is more expensive than Cisco in initial costs, but overall, the long-term licensing fees that you're going to pay for Juniper versus Cisco is going to be less."
  • "We would like the price to be reduced."
  • "This product is set at a good price point."

Junos Space Network Director Reviews

AH
Information Solutions Consultant at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Central management with a single pane of glass, but they need to keep developing it

• "The most valuable feature is the management from a single pane of glass."
  • "I would like to see Space created to fully functional, where it's got multiple modules, particularly SD-WAN working on Corporate, or maybe become part of the Orchestrator portion."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the management from a single pane of glass.

What needs improvement?

I think that the best thing is that they should keep working on Space. I feel like it's been taking a back burner to other things, and I think that they're trying to go different routes. Ideally, I would like to see Space created to fully functional, where it's got multiple modules, particularly SD-WAN working on Corporate, or maybe become part of the Orchestrator portion. Or, we could see it potentially go out and embed itself into some of the other services that they have to offer.

I have been working with Junos Space since its inception in approximately 2014.

Junos Space creates one pane of glass managing your switching, routing, and security infrastructure as long as you have the modules for it. Space is all about the modules that you import into it.

The modules include Security Director, Network Director, and ServiceNow.

The installation of Space has improved over the years.

The pricing of Juniper's products is always in the middle-range. Typically, Juniper is more expensive than Cisco in initial costs, but overall, the long-term licensing fees that you're going to pay for Juniper versus Cisco is going to be less. Ultimately, the total cost of ownership is less.

What other advice do I have?

ServiceNow integration is really interesting because it generates tickets for you under J Tech. It creates a service portal that you can integrate problems before you might even know what's happening, direct to J Tech. This is nice.

Security Director has made great strides. With SRX models, in particular, a lot of the complaints at Alman have been their web interfaces, which they're redesigning. This is something that may be complete by now. Space got the first iteration and they were able to solidify that. SRX devices can be a pain to manage because just like any other firewall, they can have hundreds of thousands of rules. You've got different layers of those rules. You can have layer seven or layer four and they can all be put in different places. This is what makes having that one pane of glass paramount, especially for a large firewall deployment in the SRX line.

Space is only as good as how you get it to work with your environment. I've had clients who buy Space, implement it, think that they've got it installed, and then they don't use it at all. You want to make sure that you have it installed correctly and you have your devices imported efficiently, and you utilize Juniper's services or utilize a third party.

Even if you just want to install it, I would at least have them come in and validate the installation to make sure that you're utilizing it to its best of its potential.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

TM
CTO at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Stable with good performance, and the technical support is better than others

• "The most valuable feature is the technical support, as it is better than others."
  • "I would like to them include network real-time performance and come up with a dashboard report."

What is our primary use case?

We are internet service providers and when our clients subscribe to our services, we provide the features.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the technical support, as it is better than others.

What needs improvement?

I would like to them include network real-time performance and come up with a dashboard report. That is something that I would love to have.

We started using this solution two or three years ago.

This solution is stable and the performance is very good.

This solution is scalable if referring to our core network equipment. In terms of the CPE, customer premises, it works with 12 ports or sometimes 24 ports.

The technical support is very helpful. Any time we have a problem, they support us.

Previously, we were using Nokia and Huawei equipment. They are similar in terms of equipment, but the support is better with Juniper. Also, the packaging is complicated. They separate the support and other things, so it's a bit difficult because when we want support, we have to purchase that package or model. Juniper doesn't break it down that way and the support is included.

The initial setup is easy. It's not complex.

We would like the price to be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

We are network providers for our clients.

Find out what your peers are saying about Juniper, Cisco, Fortinet and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: September 2021.
541,462 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SS
Manager of Infrastructure and Security Services at a government with 501-1,000 employees
Facilitates rapid deployment of switches, but the upgrade process is time-consuming

• "It allows me to do more of the basic firewall features, like traffic management and others, in a single pane of glass."
  • "The upgrades are very time-consuming and difficult, and they often have to rebuild the product."

What is our primary use case?

I use this product to manage my edge switching and my firewall environment.

What is most valuable?

For edge switching, this product is fantastic. It helps me deploy switches at a rapid pace.

It allows me to do more of the basic firewall features, like traffic management and others, in a single pane of glass.

What needs improvement?

The pain point with this product is always doing the upgrades. The upgrades are very time-consuming and difficult, and they often have to rebuild the product.

We have been using the Junos Space Network Director for seven years.

For the most part, this is a stable product. There have been a couple of releases that weren't stable.

This solution is extremely scalable.

The technical support staff is fantastic.

I found the initial setup to be straightforward but I do it for a living.

This product is set at a good price point. Compared with other similar solutions, it is extremely reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this product is that if you find it very difficult, then maybe you're in the wrong field. If you're going to be using this product then you'll have a deployment of more than 50 switches. Managing that kind of workload or higher with telco-class gear, you should know networking inside and out.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Download our free Network Management Applications Report and find out what your peers are saying about Juniper, Cisco, Fortinet, and more!