Kaseya VSA OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Kaseya VSA is #3 ranked solution in top Remote Monitoring and Management Software and #6 ranked solution in top Patch Management tools. IT Central Station users give Kaseya VSA an average rating of 8 out of 10. Kaseya VSA is most commonly compared to Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager:Kaseya VSA vs Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.
What is Kaseya VSA?

Kaseya is a provider of complete IT management solutions for Managed Service Providers and small to midsized businesses. Kaseya allows organizations to efficiently manage and secure IT in order to drive IT service and business success. Offered as both an industry-leading cloud solution and on-premise software, Kaseya solutions empower businesses to command all of IT centrally, manage remote and distributed environments with ease, and automate across IT management functions. Kaseya solutions currently manage over 10 million endpoints worldwide and are in use by customers in a wide variety of industries, including retail, manufacturing, healthcare, education, government, media, technology, finance, and more. Kaseya, headquartered in Dublin, Ireland is privately held with a presence in over 20 countries.

Download the Remote Monitoring and Management Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Kaseya VSA Customers

Sage UK, MSP, CodeBlue Ltd, Connect Work Place Solutions, All Covered, 501cTech, Chairo Christian School, Green Duck

Kaseya VSA Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Kaseya VSA pricing:
  • "The pricing is quite good and we are satisfied with it."
  • "It depends on what products you want. Kaseya loves packages, and if you are packaging, it is more affordable. If you're not packaging, it tends to be a little bit more expensive than others."
  • "I think it costs more than ManageEngine."
  • "The dollar exchange rate in Brazil is very high, so the price should be better for our country."

Kaseya VSA Reviews

FN
Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Efficient patching and good alert system, but the interface needs updating and technical support needs improvement

• "The patching is very efficient and we can rely on the alerts that we receive."
  • "The predefined reports are not up to the mark and you have to do a lot of customization."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Kaseya for managing all of the inventory, accessing the nodes remotely, and patching them. This includes the operating system and third-party applications. We also use it for the monitoring of services, such as vendor services.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is remote access to the machine.

The patching is very efficient and we can rely on the alerts that we receive.

What needs improvement?

The GUI is not user-friendly. You have to search and dig deep into the options to find things. The overall look of the solution is dull and boring.

Technical support needs to be improved because the process is too long.

The reporting is not well organized. The predefined reports are not up to the mark and you have to do a lot of customization. Along with that, the process of customization is not very user-friendly. You cannot just put things into the GUI and get what you are looking for.

We have been using Kaseya VSA for between three and four years.

This solution is quite stable. As it is on a public cloud, you just need a good internet connection to access all of the features. You probably need an internet speed of about five megabits to test all of the features.

It is quite scalable and easily manageable.

The support is not one of the features that Kaseya would be proud of. Whenever anything happens and you need support, they have a long process where you have to create a ticket that begins at level one with an email response. It moves to level two and if things don't get resolved there then you have to go to the engineering team.

We do have a Kaseya account manager that we can contact directly, and they usually help us.

I have used SolarWinds and it has a very friendly user interface that is self-explanatory. By comparison, Kaseya is a little bit glitchy. SolarWinds is quite costly and you have to pay a lot to get features that Kaseya is offering at a much lower price.

The initial setup is easy and you don't have to worry about a lot of things. You will get a link and just have to log in using your credentials. It is multiply authenticated in a two-stage process and then you are in. You just have to add your nodes to see all of the features.

If you are a technical person and are new to Kaseya then you will find it a little bit difficult to configure because of the GUI. This is unlike SolarWinds. However, if you just give it some time then you will get used to it and things will become quite easy to do.

We implemented this solution ourselves. We are a managed service provider and onboard products for our clients from time to time. We are asked to create approximately 1,000 machines on a monthly basis.

We did have some help from Kaseya during the initial configuration, but after that, we worked on our own.

The pricing is quite good and we are satisfied with it. It compares favorably to products like NinjaRMM and SolarWinds.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution and we like the group of people at Kaseya. The product is quite affordable compared to other RMM solutions on the market and we only have a few complaints.

On-call support, for example, would make for a very big improvement. Whenever someone has an issue, we can just directly call the number and speak with a technical person who can help us at that very moment. They would be able to take over your system on that very call, for example. Ideally, the reporting will also be improved.

The suitability of this solution depends on the need. For example, if you want to monitor your Linux environment and Linux services then the configuration is more difficult. That said, if you are using the PRTG Network Monitor or NinjaRMM then you cannot monitor Linux services. Ultimately, it depends on the use case.

Emmanuel Okojesu
Technical Analyst at FMDQ
Good training and support, but the patch deployment capability needs improvement

• "The training that we received was quite good."
  • "I have been looking for a way to deploy patches via the internet to selected equipment from Kaseya VSA, but it seems impossible."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for remote management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is remote management. It is quite robust.

The training that we received was quite good.

What needs improvement?

I am having an issue with patch deployment. With a lot of people working remotely right now, it is difficult to deploy patches because most of my clients are not on the office network. I have been looking for a way to deploy patches via the internet to selected equipment from Kaseya VSA, but it seems impossible. This is something that I would like to have support for in a future release.

Kaseya seems to download Windows patches, although I have not found a way to select those patches that I want to roll out, as it is done in the System Center. In SCCM, you can select the specific patches that you want to roll out. The only option I have seen is to approve or deny all of the patches that are available.

The workflow is not quite straightforward.

I have been working with Kaseya VSA for between seven and eight months.

I would say that because it does the job, it is stable. I don't use it every day, but so far, I haven't had any problems.

We have about 200 users that are a combination of administrators, developers, and end-users. They do not work on it directly, but we capture the information from the endpoints on the developer's system.

We had two training sessions with the support staff and they were good. The sessions were recorded and I quite enjoyed them. Personally, I don't like to contact technical support and would rather research the problem myself. If I hit an obstacle then I will contact support.

Overall, the support is good and I am happy with it.

I have experience with Microsoft System Center and there are some things that are easier to do with it.

I was not present for the initial setup, as it was in place before I joined the organization.

What other advice do I have?

I have not tried automating any of the processes, although I have watched some videos and it seems to be straightforward.

My advice for anybody who is considering Kaseya VSA is to run a proof of concept first so that they have a fair idea of what they're going into.

Overall, I think that it is a good product and I may just have to better find my way around it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Kaseya, ConnectWise, N-able and others in Remote Monitoring and Management Software. Updated: November 2021.
554,676 professionals have used our research since 2012.
DP
RHS Tech Manager at a recreational facilities/services company with 10,001+ employees
Good remote support that allows support for Apple devices and offers good technical support

• "The remote support is the most valuable aspect of the solution."
  • "We actually upgraded the solution due to the fact that we needed the support for Apple devices. We haven't had a chance to test that part of the product just yet, however, that was our biggest criticism of the product prior to this most recent update."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for remote support.

What is most valuable?

The remote support is the most valuable aspect of the solution.

The solution now supports Apple devices.

We were able to handle the implementation internally.

The technical support is quite good.

What needs improvement?

We actually upgraded the solution due to the fact that we needed the support for Apple devices. We haven't had a chance to test that part of the product just yet, however, that was our biggest criticism of the product prior to this most recent update.

We have had Kaseya for a while. That said, the VSA upgrade was just recently done last month. That's a rather new part for us.

Our technicians, level one and level two, and our help desk all use this product.

My experience with technical support is limited. Just in our recent upgrade, we dealt with the support team. We didn't face any issues with them. We're satisfied with their level of service. I don't have anything negative to say.

We didn't do the setup; our network team does that. Therefore, I wouldn't be able to speak on how easy or difficult the initial setup was. I cannot speak to the deployment process either. I don't know how long it takes.

Our network team handled the implementation in-house. We didn't use an integrator or consultant as far as I know.

We don't look at the product from an ROI perspective. We simply don't have a have remote support solution, or we didn't. SCCM may provide that to us. We needed a remote support solution, and therefore, Kaseya was what we chose at the time.

Right now, we're making an evaluation of whether to standardize with either this solution or the SCCM.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a direct end-user of the solution. We're just customers.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

In general, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. Thus far, we are quite satisfied with the product's capabilities overall.

Joseph Bennett
System Administrator at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Very useful for patch management, unlimited scalability, and good stability

• "Patch management was very useful. Backdoor access to the clients was also very useful."
  • "Its scripting language kind of sucked. They have their own version of PowerShell inside VSA. if you want to reach out and grab endpoint information, for instance, to know how many end devices have a program installed, you actually have to write a script for that. It wasn't like how it is in CrowdStrike where you can just do a search, and it just happened. In VSA, you have to write your own script to do it. In terms of new features, an integrated MDM for mobile devices would be awesome."

What is our primary use case?

I used it in my previous company. I was on client support. We had about 300 clients, and each one of those clients had from 10 end-users to 300 end-users. We were using VSA in order to manage those end-user devices.

What is most valuable?

Patch management was very useful. Backdoor access to the clients was also very useful.

What needs improvement?

Its scripting language kind of sucked. They have their own version of PowerShell inside VSA. if you want to reach out and grab endpoint information, for instance, to know how many end devices have a program installed, you actually have to write a script for that. It wasn't like how it is in CrowdStrike where you can just do a search, and it just happened. In VSA, you have to write your own script to do it.

In terms of new features, an integrated MDM for mobile devices would be awesome.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is very stable.

VSA is unlimited in terms of scalability.

They are knowledgeable, but they are not so much responsive. They are definitely more responsive than IBM. The IBM cloud management support sucks.

VSA is not as complex as Intune, but it is still somewhat complex and not very user-friendly. CrowdStrike is friendlier in deployment than VSA.

It depends on what products you want. Kaseya loves packages, and if you are packaging, it is more affordable. If you're not packaging, it tends to be a little bit more expensive than others.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to definitely do onsite or virtual demos, and make sure they are asking about everything. They should make sure to get a demo of the product doing what they are planning to use VSA for. This way they can see how much work is going to go into implementation.

I would rate Kaseya VSA an eight out of ten.

CS
Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
An integrated IT systems management platform with a good patch management feature

• "I like the remote control, audit, inventory, patch management, software management, and monitoring features."
  • "The agent-based monitoring solution can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaseya VSA for software and patch management.

What is most valuable?

I like the remote control, audit, inventory, patch management, software management, and monitoring features.

What needs improvement?

The agent-based monitoring solution can be improved. I think they need to be updated. The remote control feature could be better. It would also help if they had a mobile device management feature.

I've been working with Kaseya VSA for more than a year.

Sometimes patching is unreliable. I haven't encountered any other issues.

Technical support is good. If I have inquiries, issues, or a troubleshooting encounter, I can raise a ticket on their website and ask for support.

On a scale from one to five, I will give technical support a four.

I gave them a four because they don't always fix the issues that I encounter. For example, they suggest fixing the problem on the next version or the next enhancement.

The initial setup was difficult for me. It would help if you had the license and SQL driver for onboarding successfully.

I think it costs more than ManageEngine.

What other advice do I have?

I can still recommend this product. It'll help do technical tasks like remote control, patching, monitoring, audit, or inventory. You can also monitor devices in the production or the company's environment. But it's not a perfect solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Kaseya VSA an eight.

Dario Caraponale
Founder at Strong security brasil
Good security features, easy to set up, but the price should be improved for different regions

• "The most valuable part of this solution is the security features that it offers."
  • "If you compare with other products, Manage Engine has some features that we like but are not present in Kaseya."

What is our primary use case?

We are service providers. We use this solution to deploy our services to our customers.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more features included that are related to security. We are a company that is selling solutions for security and our customers often ask for more security features.

Kaseya VSA is installed on the cloud.

More generally, the pricing could be better in the different regions.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.