Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is #21 ranked solution in EDR tools. IT Central Station users give Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response an average rating of 8 out of 10. Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is most commonly compared to Trend Micro XDR:Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response vs Trend Micro XDR. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 37% of all views.
What is Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response?

Digitally transforming enterprises are valuable targets for cybercriminals. Today, just uncovering and blocking individual threats as they arise isn’t enough - defending yourself successfully against complex threats at the earliest possible stage requires root cause analysis. Implementing the full endpoint protection cycle, from automatic threat blocking to complex incident response, means supplementing preventive technologies with advanced defense capabilities. Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) provides comprehensive visibility across all endpoints on the corporate network, enabling the automation of routine tasks in order to discover, prioritize, investigate and neutralize advanced threats. The result is a significant increase in the speed and effectiveness of incident processing, at no extra cost.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response was previously known as Kaspersky EDR.

Download the Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Customers
Ferrari, Insolar, Tael, Republic of Serbia
Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response pricing:
  • "The price of the solution could be reduced."

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Reviews

LM
Information Security Officer at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Helped us prevent ATM looting

• "My impression of the stability of this solution is good. We have not had any issues with stability."
  • "I would like to integrate Kaspersky with my Log Collector SIEM. Right now that's not possible."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky for our cash machines, 200 of which we have around the country. We use it to control the USB ports so nobody can use them without authorization from the owner.

Currently, we implementing a new use case concerning our response when we get an alert.

What is most valuable?

In the past year, many banks have seen cases of ATM looting. We wanted to prevent that, which is why we implemented Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response. We are a bank and we haven't had any issues like the orders. Kaspersky helped us a lot. It helped up prevent unauthorized USB port usage.

What needs improvement?

I would like to integrate Kaspersky with my Log Collector SIEM. Right now that's not possible.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response could also introduce a way to make working in teams more accessible. At the same time, it would be interesting to see them explore artificial intelligence solutions.

I have been using this solution for two years.

We have not had any performance issues and our board really likes the solution. Our facility and technical support teams use this solution as they manage the cash machines.

I think they are good and we haven't had any problems with them. We haven't had any critical issues that would have required us to call the US technical support of US; we have only been in touch with local technical support.

We previously used Sophos, Crowdstrike, and Microsoft Defender. The most important reason we transitioned to Kaspersky is the agent that is installed in the end points on the cash machine. The Kaspersky agent is really soft. With the others, we noticed that their agents would stop, so that made a big difference.

We used three or four people to deploy and maintain the solution.

Our current monthly costs are $1,000.

What other advice do I have?

You have to be really informed about the process of using this tool before deploying. With our use case with the cash machines, for example, implementing the white list could have been really hard work for us if we had not had previous experience with it.

Security and systems engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A stable and feature-rich addition for network security

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Kaspersky EDR is one of the products that we implement for our customers as part of their overall security.

What is most valuable?

This is a feature-rich product.

What needs improvement?

There should be options in the UI to better assist with troubleshooting problems that occur during deployment. I would like to see a more simplified view of the configuration options. The technical support team should respond in a more timely manner.

I have two years of experience with this product.

I have not experienced any bugs or glitches while using it.

The technical support is…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

This is a feature-rich product.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a more simplified view of the configuration options.

The technical support team should respond in a more timely manner.

I have two years of experience with this product.

I have not experienced any bugs or glitches while using it.

The technical support is good. I would say that it is not bad and not excellent, but something in between. I have only opened one case with them and it took a long time for them to respond.

I am currently trying to compare Kaspersky with a similar solution by Carbon Black.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, I think that Kaspersky is a good product to use.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Kaspersky, Fortinet, Microsoft and others in Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR). Updated: November 2021.
555,358 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Murugesan Rajarethinam
Founder & CEO at CID Infotech
Valuable endpoint protection, stable, but scalability could improve

• "The most valuable feature is endpoint protection."
  • "The solution can improve by providing automatic fixing of vulnerabilities and reducing the resources used in the server component and endpoint agent. They are very bulky and use a lot of CPU, memory, and hard drive resources."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for network security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is endpoint protection.

What needs improvement?

The solution can improve by providing automatic fixing of vulnerabilities and reducing the resources used in the server component and endpoint agent. They are very bulky and use a lot of CPU, memory, and hard drive resources.

I have been using Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response for approximately six years.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is stable.

I have found this solution not to be scalable.

Our clients that are using this solution are small-sized businesses.

The technical support for this solution is not good. They do not have the availability of resources.

The installation is very easy.

The price of the solution could be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

Those wanting to implement this solution have to understand that fine-tuning and adjusting their policy plan has to be a regular activity.

I rate Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response a seven out of ten.

Download our free Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Kaspersky, Fortinet, Microsoft, and more!