Mostafa
System Administrator at Suez Canal Insurance
The antivirus, the firewall, and the network blocker features are valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps me with the security policies that I make. I can change policies quickly and easily.

Also, it stopped ransomware that other vendors could not catch.

What is most valuable?

The valuable features are the antivirus, the firewall, the network blocker, and application and device control.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvements in the device control features, which are limited.

I can block devices by the policy in the device control such as usb and cd but i can block devices like sound that not supported by Kaspersky
I would see update in the device control policy that let me add devices by its id
To control them by block or allow it
That will help the administrator for full control and will rate the kaspersky to be the number one in the field

I have been using this solution since 2012.

There were no stability issues.

Customer service is excellent.

I used technical support through a vendor and they were perfect.

I previously used Symantec Endpoint. I switched because it's weak against ransomware attacks and against email attachments containing viruses and Trojan horses.

The initial setup was easy and I had no problem with it.

Pricing and licensing is good.

I evaluated other options like McAfee, Sophos, Symantec Endpoint, and FortiClient, but they weren’t good enough for me.

What other advice do I have?

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business provides a full suite of endpoint security features in one easy-to-manage application. With this product deployed, administrators can ensure endpoints are protected from malware, as well as perform a host of functions, such as patch and systems management, encryption of both files and whole disks, and application control. Furthermore, this tool features mobile device management and security capabilities. All this functionality can be driven from a single management console that is well integrated with the existing enterprise infrastructure.

Kaspersky is the best antivirus software to this day, always was, always will (i hope so). It offers a great protection against viruses and spywares

Kaspersky Endpoint Security offers a powerful and robust system for securing systems in a business environment. Its scanning and detection engine handles most threats easily and is well developed to deal with new threats that continually come down the pipeline. The program is also easy to use as an end user. its encryption system does a very good job of securing sensitive files without a performance hit on most systems. Endpoint also has great administrative tools for setting up the program and for ongoing maintenance purposes. As an added plus, the program also works with other non-Windows systems which can be highly valuable in a mixed system OS environment.

RS
Director at Eden Infosol Pvt Ltd
Encryption functionality and scanning performance, and the out-of-office policy is helpful in work-from-home scenarios

• "It has a very good firewall, which lets you isolate your devices depending on the groups."
  • "he next thing that I would like to see in this solution are DLP features."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Kaspersky Endpoint is one of the security products that we implement for our clients.

How has it helped my organization?

Kaspersky is a one-stop solution that covers many things. Often, people deploy multiple solutions to cover tasks such as patch management, application control, device control, and the firewall. Kaspersky covers all of that very well.

What is most valuable?

The out of office policy is a fantastic feature that requires users to first connect to the server using a VPN before they can perform actions. In our current work-from-home scenario, this is very helpful.

Kaspersky gives you a complete inventory of the software that is running in your environment.

The encryption that they provide is a good feature. Today, most computers come by default with BitLocker encryption installed. We do not have to disable it. Rather, we can control it through Kaspersky. For example, we can decrypt it remotely without having to interact with the user, and then automatically move it to Kaspersky's encryption.

It has a very good firewall, which lets you isolate your devices depending on the groups. This is something that people might do over VLAN, although they don't have to. For example, if we have a group then we require directors to be in place. Directors are there to communicate with other sections, but the other sections cannot communicate with the group. This provides automatic control over an IP range.

I can do a full scan, every day, in less than ten minutes. This is in part because of the technology they have in place, where a file will not be scanned if it has not been accessed or modified.

The device control is pretty good and we haven't had any problems with it.

What needs improvement?

There are times when we see an agent has been disabled on a machine, and we are not able to determine the reason.

The next thing that I would like to see in this solution are DLP features. It should be able to scan, track, and provide reporting.

Organization-wise, they should have better categorization. For example, they have a social networking category, but it should be subdivided into components such as LinkedIn.

Kaspersky would benefit from including an employee monitoring solution.

We have been using Kaspersky for the past three years.

Scalability is something that has been gradually improving.

The deployment will typically take from an hour and a half to two hours.

A nice feature of the installation process is that it will automatically uninstall existing antivirus solutions before it deploys Kaspersky.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a fantastic solution. I have seen that there are features other vendors are coming out with today that Kaspersky already has.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,358 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Zahy Rabahieh
Finance and HR manager at a financial services firm with 1-10 employees
Quick to deploy, very flexible, and offers good security

• "Overall, the product is quite flexible."
  • "The solution could be a lot lighter. You really feel it when the laptop starts."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for its antivirus and firewall. It has a VPN also that comes in handy.

What is most valuable?

The initial installation of the solution was easy.

Overall, the product is quite flexible.

The solution offers good security. I have yet to have any kind of breach.

It's a flawless system. We've been very happy with it.

What needs improvement?

At first, it did not work well with Windows 10, however, it was time when Windows 10 was released. After that, it has worked well. We deactivated the Windows firewall and antivirus. If they work both together it slows the functionality of the laptop, the notebook.

The solution could be a lot lighter. You really feel it when the laptop starts.

We've been using the solution for at least two years at this point.

The product is quite stable. We haven't had any issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's been quite reliable for us.

The solution can scale. If a company needs to expand it out, they can do so fairly easily.

Mainly, I just use the solution personally, on my laptop. We do not have central servers. Each person has his own notebook or desktop. We still do not have an IP network connected to central servers.

We will continue to use it and increase usage as needed unless something better comes along.

We've never needed technical support in the past. For this reason, I can't speak to their knowledgeability or responsiveness. However, the solution itself is very, very good.

We did previously use a different solution. However, I can't recall the name of the product.

The initial setup is quite straightforward. It's not complex.

The deployment process is very fast. It takes about ten minutes or so to get everything up and running.

I handled the initial implementation by myself, in-house. I did not need the assistance of a consultant or integrator.

We buy individual licenses per machine. Typically, they come as cards with serial numbers that we scratch off and enter onto our machines.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user. I don't have a business relationship with Kaspersky.

I'd recommend the product, although I don't personally work in cybersecurity.

That said, I've never gotten a virus on my machine using this product. It seems to be quite effective.

Overall, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten. I've been very happy with it.

AS
Network Engineer at a tech vendor with 1-10 employees
Excellent at detecting viruses, very stable and easy to use

• "It's excellent at detecting viruses."
  • "The initial setup is complex."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for securing our endpoints.

What is most valuable?

The solution always has the most up-to-date software.

The solution runs well.

It's excellent at detecting viruses.

The solution is very stable.

Our organization can easily scale the solution.

The solution is very compatible with Windows devices.

The solution is very basic and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The solution seems incapable of stopping the proxy connection. The proxy server seems to be bypassing the antivirus. It's an aspect they need to improve.

The initial setup is complex.

While it's compatible with Windows, it may not work as well with other operating systems.

Reporting is not that good for Kaspersky. I want more detailed reporting, I want the details reported in the reporting section, and everything is in one report. That is not possible now on Kaspersky. The reporting consists of the computer name or the IP only. I want complete detailed reporting capabilities in the next update.

We're only been working with the solution for about a year or so.

The solution is stable. I haven't had issues with it and found it to be reliable. It doesn't crash or freeze. There aren't bugs or glitches.

The solution is easily scalable. If a company needs to expand the solution, they can do so easily.

The technical support is okay, however, they need to have more expertise on the solution. Sometimes you will get a member of their support staff and they don't seem as knowledgeable as they should be.

We work mostly with Kaspersky, as well as Trend Micro and Bitdefender.

I wouldn't say that the solution has a straightforward implementation. It's a bit complex. It needs access to the Kaspersky server on-premises. It isn't an easy process.

You only need one day to deploy the server.

You only need one or two people to manage the deployment.

I handled the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Kaspersky partner.

We have clients of different sizes and the solution works well for all of them. It's perfect for any sized company.

It's a very good product. Everything is in a very professional environment. It's largely easy to set up. However, we've noticed that the RAM utilization is very high when Kaspersky is running on a computer. This might distract users that don't have too much memory on their machines.

On a scale of one to ten, I'd rate it at eight.

UF
System support engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Uses little processing power, is quite stable, and has an easy initial setup

• "The solution has been quite stable."
  • "The solution could be more secure."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for version and device control. That's why we have moved to Kaspersky. It's meant to be assisting us with device and control issues.

What is most valuable?

The solution is light. It's is easy on the client-side, and even on the server. It doesn't take much processing power. There's no bottleneck of the applications.

We have the ability to restrict users and third-party VPNs. We have control over the user and application access and have put in place policy-based safeguards also.

The solution has been quite stable.

The scalability is good.

We have found the initial setup to be rather straightforward.

What needs improvement?

We found that, for some reason, some site URLs were being blocked in Kaspersky. However, we have since found a solution. As it stands now, the URL opening issue has been resolved on our end.

The solution could be more secure.

We have been using Kaspersky for almost two years.

The stability is good. The performance is reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The scalability of the product has been good overall. If you need to expand it, you can.

In head office, we are using the product on the client end for about 100 plus people. On the server end, we use it as well for about 60.

We've never contacted technical support as we have not found any complexity regarding the product. It's a product that is easy to deploy and control.

We are also using Symantec. While we have been using Kaspersky for about two years, we've used Symantec for around eight to ten years.

We also leverage a Cisco-based firewall to increase security.

The installation is very straightforward and simple. It's not difficult. A company shouldn't have any issues with the process.

We have two personnel that handle deployment and maintenance. One is currently managing it, and the other is managing the client end.

We have a yearly license with Kaspersky currently. It has already gotten renewed after its first expiry. We will renew it. When we renew it, we tend to make sure it's also as up-to-date as possible.

What other advice do I have?

We have the latest version of the solution installed currently.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten overall. We are quite happy with its capabilities so far.

I would recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

Rahasia Rommel
Country Human Resource Manager at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Stable, easy to setup and offers good security

• "The product can scale if you need it to."
  • "We find that the solution uses up too much RAM and can slow down machines."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for endpoint protection. It's for security purposes.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers a very good antivirus if we compare it with other anti-viruses such as McAfee.

It's very good at detecting malware and blocking websites. It's great for local network monitoring.

The solution is more selective when looking at suspicious items.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

We have found the solution to be very stable.

The product can scale if you need it to.

What needs improvement?

We find that the solution uses up too much RAM and can slow down machines. We've noticed that after it is installed the server or computer begins to slow down significantly. It would be very helpful if they could make computers work faster, or, at least, not slow them down. In Indonesia, specifically many computers here do not have high specifications which is why it's such a problem for us.

The pricing could always be even more competitive.

I've been using the product for about one year now. It hasn't been too long.

The solution is quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. it's very reliable, even when we update it.

We have about 60 devices using the product in our office.

The scalability capabilities are very good, as it can use in a big network. It can be used across many computers or laptops.

I haven't personally been in contact with technical support, as everything goes centrally through headquarters in Hong Kong. That said, it's been quite stable so there are not many bugs and it's been very good. I don't recall having to reach out to headquarters to liaise with technical support on any issues.

I previously used McAfee.

The initial setup is quite straightforward and simple. It's not difficult at all. A company shouldn't face any issues with the implementation process. We used the software for all the computers and laptops in the office and everything went fine.

The solution can be a bit expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer and an end-user of the product.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using. I can't recall the last time we updated it.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

I'd recommend Kaspersky to other companies as it's very light and very compact.

CA
Owner and business consultant at networks srl
Stable with reasonable pricing and a straightforward installation

• "We found the installation to be very straightforward and the deployment process to be very fast."
  • "We've found that sometimes the solution is not doing its job in detecting some malware."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for endpoint security and protection.

What is most valuable?

We haven't had any major issues with the solution overall. It's quite a reliable product so far.

The stability has been reliable so far.

The pricing has been quite good and very reasonable.

What needs improvement?

We've found that sometimes the solution is not doing its job in detecting some malware. They need to make sure that they are advancing their technology to catch more malicious events. There needs to be more security in place specifically on the malware side of things.

I've used the solution for two years. It has been a while.

The solution is quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. the performance has been reliable so far.

The scalability hasn't really been tested by our organization. We've never tried to expand it, and therefore I can't speak to how successful expanding it may be for other companies.

We only have two users of the solution in our company.

At this time, we likely won't keep using the solution.

I've never opened any tickets with technical support. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are. I've never dealt with them directly.

The installation was not complex at all. It was very straightforward. A company shouldn't have any issues with the process.

The deployment was also quite quick. It only takes a few minutes, if I recall the process correctly. It's not long and drawn out. It's easy.

I handled the implementation myself. It's not difficult. I did not need the assistance of an integrator or consultant at all.

At the time, when we purchased the solution, the company was giving us the best deal on the market. It's the reason why we ended up choosing it. I don't recall the licensing aspects or if we had to pay for it, and if so, how much.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

I haven't suffered from a malicious attack, and therefore I'm treating it quite high, as it is doing what we need it to do. The protection levels so far have been sufficient.

It's a good solution that companies should consider if other options are not available to them.

DR
Information Technology Manager at a energy/utilities company with self employed
Great pricing with an easy initial setup and good stability

• "The price per endpoint is excellent."
  • "The reporting portion of the solution is quite weak."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for endpoint protection along with catering to Office 365, OneDrive, Teams, SharePoint, Outlook, or Exchange - along with Windows update services.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has definitely improved how our organization functions.

What is most valuable?

The solution, for what it does overall, is a very attractive solution.

The price per endpoint is excellent.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's pretty easy.

The solution has been very stable for us. We haven't had any issues with performance.

The scalability is there if a company needs to expand.

What needs improvement?

The reporting portion of the solution is quite weak. It needs to be improved upon. They could do a better job of making it more robust.

There's always room for improvement in everything, however, I can't think of a specific feature that is missing or lacking.

I've been using the solution for well over a year at this point.

The product has been extremely stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable. The performance has been good.

The scalability has been good so far. I haven't run into any issues as far as scaling goes. That said, we aren't an enterprise. I've had it as high as 300 clients.

For us, we probably have about a hundred users and I'd say a large majority of those are production floor people. The rest (25 to 30) are front office staff.

I've never used technical support before. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are. It's just not something I've dealt with.

We used to have Cisco AMP. We switched over to Kaspersky.

The reason we switched was really related to a price point and wanting to push out Windows updates, kind of more than device management type functionality.

We've found the initial setup to be pretty simple and straightforward. It's not overly complex. A company shouldn't have any problem with the implementation process.

The cost structure is very reasonable. It's not overly expensive, which is part of the draw of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. I'm not sure of the version number.

In general, we've been quite happy with the solution overall. I would rate it at a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
Download our free Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.