SM
Director at a tech vendor with 1-10 employees
Stable with good malware threat detection and very scalable

• "The malware threat detection has been excellent overall."
  • "The company needs to keep developing more security measures to help keep its customers safe. If they could keep adding to security features, it would be ideal."

What is our primary use case?

I've used Kaspersky as an integrator, for internet security. It can be used for malware and email security as well as for situations where you are handling online transactions.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable.

So far, we've found the solution to be scalable.

The online privacy they provide users when they're doing online transactions has been great.

The malware threat detection has been excellent overall.

We didn't have any trouble with the initial installation. The process was straightforward.

The interface is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for a couple of years at this point.

The solution is stable and reliable. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. Its performance has been good overall.

The solution has been very scalable. If a company wants to expand the solution, it can do so with relative ease. It's not a problem.

We have eight people currently using the solution at this time.

We do plan to continue to use ht product going forward.

I don't have any experience with technical support. I don't recall ever using them. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

I've used ESET in the past, however, the product was making our machines run slow. That is the reason we ultimately switched to Kaspersky.

The initial setup process was not complex at all. It was very straightforward. We found it to be simple.

The deployment itself was very fast and likely took less than a minute or so.

We needed about four people to handle the implementation process.

I handled the implementation by myself. I did not need the assistance of an integrator or consultant.

We pay a yearly licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution at this time.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten overall.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations. We've been largely quite happy with this product.

SM
Director at a tech vendor with 1-10 employees
Scales well with a good user interface and a quick initial setup

• "The solution has been quite stable. The performance is good."
  • "They should continue to put more security measures in place in order to make it more robust."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as an antivirus for endpoint security.

It can be used to protect against malware and as security for online browsing - for example, when you want to do online transactions, it can secure the process.

What is most valuable?

The solution has been quite stable. The performance is good.

The solution scales well.

The online privacy it allows for when you are doing online transactions is very helpful.

The malware threat detection has been quite good so far.

The user interface is very nice.

What needs improvement?

I've used the solution for a couple of years now. It's been a while.

The solution is quite stable. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. It's pretty reliable.

A company can scale the solution if it needs to. The product can scale quite well. It's not a problem.

Everyone in our company is using the solution. There are about eight of us on it currently.

We've never reached out to technical support. I can't speak to how knowledgeable or responsive they are. I can't really rate their level of service.

I've used ESET in the past. It was slowing down the machines, which is why we stopped using it and switched to this product.

The installation is quite straightforward. It's not overly complex.

The deployment is very fast and may have taken under a minute or so.

We had four people that handled the implementation.

I handled the installation myself. I did not require the assistance of a consultant or integrator.

We pay a licensing fee on a yearly basis.

I didn't evaluate other options before choosing this product.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution right now.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten overall. We've been quite happy with the capabilities of the product in general.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations.

Learn what your peers think about Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,136 professionals have used our research since 2012.
GM
IT Infra Head at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Scalable and reliable with a straightforward setup

• "The antivirus feature is very, very good."
  • "It would be nice if it was less expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We're using the solution primarily for protection and security. We use it for malware protection.

What is most valuable?

The antivirus feature is very, very good. It offers us good protection.

The solution is quite stable. It's reliable.

The scalability of the solution is excellent.

We have found the installation to be very quick and very straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The price of the solution is a bit high. It would be nice if it was less expensive. We're using a lot of devices, and therefore the costs add up.

I've been using the solution for the last two years or so. It's been a while.

The solution offers very good stability. It's reliable. The performance is good. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. We haven't had any problems with it.

We have more than 1,000 users on the solution currently.

We've found the scalability to be quite good so far.

We likely will increase usage in the future.

We've reached out to technical support in the past. We've found them to be quite good. They are helpful and responsive. We're satisfied with the level of service they provide to us.

The initial setup is not too difficult or overly complex. The implementation, for the most part, is straightforward, and the deployment is quick. It doesn't take much more than five minutes.

We handled the implementation ourselves, in-house. We did not need the assistance of any integrator or consultant.

The solution can be a bit pricy. Especially if you have to cover many devices, it can get expensive. The price compounds.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution. I cannot recall the version number off-hand.

We use multiple deployment versions, including on-premises and cloud versions.

I would recommend the solution to other companies.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been pretty happy with its capabilities in general.

AG
Network and Security Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Scalable, easy to use, and stable

• "The product is quite scalable."
  • "The solution could be more secure. It's an aspect the company needs to be mindful of."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used in order to protect computers. It also helps you avoid issues online.

What is most valuable?

The solution has been very stable. The performance is good.

The product is quite scalable.

We use it at our enterprise, and it's been extremely beneficial.

We've found the product to be easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for around two years at this point.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable. We don't deal with any types of crashing or freezing.

The solution can scale if you need it to. That's not a problem.

Right now, in our organization, about 25 people use it.

We've never used technical support before. We've never had to call them. Therefore, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

For an antivirus product, I used to use McAfee. However, I had some information stolen from my computer and therefore I had to change products. It didn't protect me very well.

I did not handle the installation process. There's another team that manages that aspect of the solution. Therefore, I can't comment directly on how easy or difficult it was to implement.

There is a systems manager that handles any maintenance that may be required.

We had a team that handled it internally.

You do have to pay for a license. We pay a yearly licensing fee. I can't speak to the exact cost, however.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user. I do not have a business relationship with Kaspersky.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've mostly been quite please with its performance.

I'd recommend it to other users and organizations.

Husam Kabaha
CTO at Mechkar
Reliable, straightforward to set up and has high detection rates

• "The initial setup was extremely straightforward and very easy."
  • "The UI, user interface, could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is used for our enterprise. We primarily use the solution for security. We use it for detection purposes.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers very high, effective, detection rates.

The solution offers a very good performance overall. It's reliable.

The initial setup was extremely straightforward and very easy.

The stability is good.

What needs improvement?

We would always like to see even more security features. It's something the solution should continue to improve upon.

The UI, user interface, could be improved. They should update it.

I've been using the solution for a while. It's been about three years at this point.

The stability of the solution is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very reliable. The performance has been excellent over the years.

We protect around 2,000 endpoints with this product.

We do have plans to continue to use the solution. I cannot speak to if expansion is in the works.

I've never dealt with technical support directly. I can't comment on their level of service or responsiveness, having never dealt with them directly myself.

The initial setup was not complex or difficult for us. It was very simple and very straightforward. A company shouldn't have any issues with the solution's setup.

The deployment was quick. It only took us about three or so days.

We handled the implementation ourselves. We did it in-house. We did not need an integrator or consultant to assist us.

In the past, we've looked at ESET Endpoint Security.

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer and an end-user. We don't have a business relationship with Kaspersky.

We are using the latest version of the solution at this time. I cannot speak to the exact version number.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been mostly quite happy with the product and how it has performed for us.

I'd recommend the solution to other users.

TX
IT at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
Many functions and features, best for medium size business and up

• "We have had no troubles installing, maintaining, or deploying the product for our clients."
  • "There are many improvements needed, such as faster responses, faster notification, and immediate reports."

What is our primary use case?

We used the solution to protect as against computer viruses.

How has it helped my organization?

We currently have had to move to another solution because we require faster response times and more advanced features other competitors offer.

What is most valuable?

The functions are very good and they have many different features that are available.

What needs improvement?

This solution needs to improve and get up to date with some of the new EDR technology anti-virus software available. There are many improvements needed, such as faster responses, faster notification, and immediate reports.

I have been using the product for 10 years.

It is a stable product.

If the company is big, more than 100 staff with different branches, this solution is good but for small companies, I think it's not very appropriate.

We have used support from Kaspersky China. They offer support through email and phone of which they provide a good service, fast response, and an overall professional resolution.

We now use Symantec End-user Endpoint Security software as our anti-virus protection solution. We opted to change software because of the current security risk our digital data faces, we needed a more robust solution.

The installation was not a problem.

We have had no troubles installing, maintaining, or deploying the product for our clients. For others, the deployment could take more time and might require professionals to do the job.

It would be a benefit for this solution to have better-advanced features, less maintenance required for operation, and faster response times.

What other advice do I have?

Due to the current increased global security risks on digital data we have had to search for an alternative solution.

I would have given the solution a ten out of ten a few years ago but they need to improve and provide more features as their competitors.

I rate Kaspersky Endpoint Security an eight out of ten.

Udaya Sri Kariyawasam
Associate Systems Lead/Information Security Coordinator at SimCentric
Has good heuristic analysis but it should offer the ability to change what to whitelist for a specific user

• "Endpoint Security's most valuable feature is its heuristic analysis. This heuristic approach means that it learns from its past experiences. It is the most valuable feature they have. This contributes to dealing with ransomware, detection, and early mitigation actions."
  • "A big improvement would be allowing us to reconfigure the agents and change what to whitelist for a specific user. If the user is not happy with the configuration and is being blocked from certain sites, we should be able to reconfigure the monitoring mechanics to make it more flexible."

What is most valuable?

Endpoint Security's most valuable feature is its heuristic analysis. This heuristic approach means that it learns from its past experiences. It is the most valuable feature they have. This contributes to dealing with ransomware, detection, and early mitigation actions.

What needs improvement?

We do high profile work, meaning agent analysis. Sometimes users complain that we can't access a particular website. A big improvement would be allowing us to reconfigure the agents and change what to whitelist for a specific user. If the user is not happy with the configuration and is being blocked from certain sites, we should be able to reconfigure the monitoring mechanics to make it more flexible. In other words, we should be able to monitor what is vulnerable and critical in order to assess access to a particular website.

Additionally, it would be helpful if they could provide us with a tech report generation mechanism.

I have been using Kaspersky Endpoint Security for one year.

We have three people in our team dedicated to ongoing security management with Kaspersky Endpoint Security.

Yes, I have been in touch with support. Our issues are handled by the global support. I am satisfied with them. They are good.

The initial setup is straightforward. It takes about two or three weeks to deploy.

As I mentioned, we have allocated three people to manage the solution. That way, if someone in the team is unavailable another person can manage customer queries and management issues.

What other advice do I have?

Kaspersky is actually not the most perfect product in the industry. There are many other products available depending on your purposes. Defining your purpose is the most important thing when deciding what product to implement. For middle management, it might be Endpoint Security. It is the customer's call. Customers must evaluate the scope of their business needs before implementation.

One a scale of one to ten, I would rate Kaspersky Endpoint Security a seven.

Antonio-Fernandez
Support chief at comtec s.r.l
Powerful tool, integrates well, and responsive technical support

• "Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is a very powerful tool for us. We use a lot of third-party software that integrates well with the solution."
  • "The solution could improve by providing a cloud service that synchronizes with the on-premise console which would give better connectivity in remote areas."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business for many purposes. We mainly use it for protection against malware. Additionally, we perform a lot of administration for users using the application, device, and web controls.

What is most valuable?

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is a very powerful tool for us. We use a lot of third-party software that integrates well with the solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing a cloud service that synchronizes with the on-premise console which would give better connectivity in remote areas.

In a future release, there should be DLP features added.

I have used Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business within the last 12 months.

The solution is stable. However, sometimes when we complete a Windows automatic update we receive the Windows blue screen error prompt. The majority of the time it was because the equipment has updated and the update was not the best one.

The solution has been scalable, we have a lot of different servers.

The technical support is good. We had some difficult problems that were new that took the support some additional time to find a solution. For minor problems, they have been very responsive with their support.

We use many network protection solutions, such as McAfee.

The installation is easy, it can be done with a few clicks of the mouse to install the administration, and from the administrator, you can deploy the solution to the users.

The solution requires a license and there are different license packages depending on the number of users you need.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others before implementing this solution to have an organized network. It makes the process a lot easier.

I rate Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business a nine out of ten.

Download our free Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.