MK
Manager Information Security at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Good endpoint protection and easy to install

• "One of the most valuable features of this product is that it's good for endpoint protection."
  • "This product could be improved by integration with Linux. The one limitation this product has is that it's not compatible with and doesn't offer protection for Linux servers. It could also be easier to configure."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for protecting our desktops and critical servers. This solution is deployed on-premises.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

This product could be improved by integration with Linux. The one limitation this product has is that it's not compatible with and doesn't offer protection for Linux servers. It could also be easier to configure.

We have been using this solution for six to seven years.

Our organization has approximately 500 users of this solution.

We have local support that we contact in case of any issues. If local support is unable to resolve it, then we connect the issue to Kaspersky.

We haven't used any other solutions. We have used Kaspersky from the beginning.

The installation was easy, all you need to do is install it with the installer. The configuration is a bit tricky, though. You can do it yourself if you are knowledgeable in this area, but if not, you may need help from the vendor. We had a team of three or four who handled deployment, in addition to the support we received from the vendor.

Installation time will depend on the organization since each organization will have different things to configure. It should take somewhere between half an hour to an hour to configure, but it depends on the size of the organization.

We implemented through an in-house team, but had vendor support.

We pay for licensing annually.

We also evaluated Rapid7's AppSpider product, which is an application vulnerability scanning solution. We had done the POC, but we had issues with the licensing model, so we dropped it.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Kaspersky an eight out of ten. I would 100% recommend Kaspersky to others who are considering implementation.

Udaya Sri Kariyawasam
Associate Systems Lead/Information Security Coordinator at SimCentric
Has good heuristic analysis but it should offer the ability to change what to whitelist for a specific user

• "Endpoint Security's most valuable feature is its heuristic analysis. This heuristic approach means that it learns from its past experiences. It is the most valuable feature they have. This contributes to dealing with ransomware, detection, and early mitigation actions."
  • "A big improvement would be allowing us to reconfigure the agents and change what to whitelist for a specific user. If the user is not happy with the configuration and is being blocked from certain sites, we should be able to reconfigure the monitoring mechanics to make it more flexible."

What is most valuable?

Endpoint Security's most valuable feature is its heuristic analysis. This heuristic approach means that it learns from its past experiences. It is the most valuable feature they have. This contributes to dealing with ransomware, detection, and early mitigation actions.

What needs improvement?

We do high profile work, meaning agent analysis. Sometimes users complain that we can't access a particular website. A big improvement would be allowing us to reconfigure the agents and change what to whitelist for a specific user. If the user is not happy with the configuration and is being blocked from certain sites, we should be able to reconfigure the monitoring mechanics to make it more flexible. In other words, we should be able to monitor what is vulnerable and critical in order to assess access to a particular website.

Additionally, it would be helpful if they could provide us with a tech report generation mechanism.

I have been using Kaspersky Endpoint Security for one year.

We have three people in our team dedicated to ongoing security management with Kaspersky Endpoint Security.

Yes, I have been in touch with support. Our issues are handled by the global support. I am satisfied with them. They are good.

The initial setup is straightforward. It takes about two or three weeks to deploy.

As I mentioned, we have allocated three people to manage the solution. That way, if someone in the team is unavailable another person can manage customer queries and management issues.

What other advice do I have?

Kaspersky is actually not the most perfect product in the industry. There are many other products available depending on your purposes. Defining your purpose is the most important thing when deciding what product to implement. For middle management, it might be Endpoint Security. It is the customer's call. Customers must evaluate the scope of their business needs before implementation.

One a scale of one to ten, I would rate Kaspersky Endpoint Security a seven.

Learn what your peers think about Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,676 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Antonio-Fernandez
Support chief at comtec s.r.l
Powerful tool, integrates well, and responsive technical support

• "Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is a very powerful tool for us. We use a lot of third-party software that integrates well with the solution."
  • "The solution could improve by providing a cloud service that synchronizes with the on-premise console which would give better connectivity in remote areas."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business for many purposes. We mainly use it for protection against malware. Additionally, we perform a lot of administration for users using the application, device, and web controls.

What is most valuable?

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is a very powerful tool for us. We use a lot of third-party software that integrates well with the solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing a cloud service that synchronizes with the on-premise console which would give better connectivity in remote areas.

In a future release, there should be DLP features added.

I have used Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business within the last 12 months.

The solution is stable. However, sometimes when we complete a Windows automatic update we receive the Windows blue screen error prompt. The majority of the time it was because the equipment has updated and the update was not the best one.

The solution has been scalable, we have a lot of different servers.

The technical support is good. We had some difficult problems that were new that took the support some additional time to find a solution. For minor problems, they have been very responsive with their support.

We use many network protection solutions, such as McAfee.

The installation is easy, it can be done with a few clicks of the mouse to install the administration, and from the administrator, you can deploy the solution to the users.

The solution requires a license and there are different license packages depending on the number of users you need.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others before implementing this solution to have an organized network. It makes the process a lot easier.

I rate Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business a nine out of ten.

Olusegun-Ajayi
IT Administrator at WSTC Financial Services Limited
Easy to install, good technical support, and the notifications work well

• "The security is very good, compared to some other products."
  • "I would like to see enhancements made with respect to the administration."

What is our primary use case?

We use this as part of our security solution.

What is most valuable?

I like the patching and the way the ports are used.

The security is very good, compared to some other products.

The notifications are good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see enhancements made with respect to the administration. We have found that when we push the installation from the server to the rest of the clients, some systems pick it up automatically and continuously maintain them, whereas other systems do not. In these cases, we have to manually install, and moreover, we still cannot manage them from the administration end. If this break in the link between the administration and the clients can be fixed then it would be better.

I have been using Kaspersky Endpoint Security for a few years.

Kaspersky is relatively stable, although I have experienced one problem. I had noticed at one point that the icon was grey and did not show any colors. I then checked the protection features and only one out of ten was active, which should not have been the case. At that point, we uninstalled and reinstalled the software, and it fixed it.

It is easy to scale the platform. We have licenses for two servers at the moment.

The technical support from Kaspersky is good.

The company started with Kaspersky and has stayed with it since then.

The initial setup is easy and it can be deployed in a few minutes.

What other advice do I have?

In general, this is a good product and I recommend it. My only complaint with it has to do with the administration problems.

MZ
Deputy Manager of Cybersecurity Projects at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides great endpoint protection and granularity around what I want to configure

• "Ability to specify the level of protection on devices,"
  • "The process for upgrades is very slow."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for my personal machines; my laptop, MacBook, as well as the devices of other family members. I buy about five to seven licenses every couple of years and I mainly use them to protect my end points. In my work, I'm the chief of Information Security and a customer of Kaspersky.

What is most valuable?

I like that this solution is pretty easy to use and also that it gives me some kind of granularity about the things I want to configure. I can also specify the level of protection I want for the devices, especially for MacBook and Windows devices.

What needs improvement?

I think improvements could be made around the upgrade. The process for upgrades is very slow. It usually takes about five to 10 minutes to work with the database of the solution.

As a cyber security professional, I would love to see more analytic capability in this solution. The ones I do see in solutions such as CrowdStrike or other commercial products, would also be better in more detail.

I've been using this solution for about six years.

This is now a very stable solution, they have made a lot of improvements in the last years. Prior to that, I installed the solution many years ago and it crashed the computers.

I think the scalability is fine. We have five to seven users at home.

I think I've used technical support two or three times. They've been good.

The initial setup is very straightforward - slow but straightforward. Deployment takes about an hour per device.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution.

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

MF
Manager Tech. & Support (Information Technology) at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A scalable security solution that can be used across platforms, but it could be more secure

• "I like that we can use it across all the platforms like PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and all systems for protection. I also like that we can use it for different cloud sessions and different unified systems. It's available on all the vulnerability assessments including, web filtering, email filtering, test protection, anomaly control, and management. There are more than enough benefits available on Kaspersky."
  • "It would be better if it were more secure and stable. I would also like to see more powerful features in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky Endpoint Security for email filtering, web browsing, web filtering, and USB filtering.

What is most valuable?

I like that we can use it across all the platforms like PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and all systems for protection. I also like that we can use it for different cloud sessions and different unified systems.

It's available on all the vulnerability assessments including, web filtering, email filtering, test protection, anomaly control, and management. There are more than enough benefits available on Kaspersky.

What needs improvement?

We have been using this product for the last two years.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security is a stable solution.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security is a scalable solution. We currently have 35 users using this solution.

Technical support is available, and they support all the options.

We used different solutions like BullGuard Antivirus and Avira Antivirus before using Kaspersky Endpoint Security.

The initial setup and installation is straightforward and didn't take too much time. It's a one-time activity that you can do on all the PCs, all the systems, and the servers. A single technical person can deploy, maintain, and take care of all the other activities.

We pay a yearly annual subscription for this product.

What other advice do I have?

I will definitely recommend this product to potential users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Kaspersky Endpoint Security a seven.

Mazen Kassem
Senior Digital Services Engineer at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Scalable, user-friendly, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used to protect my personal information. I use it for security purposes.

What is most valuable?

The solution has been very easy to use. It's a user-friendly solution. The product is very stable. The scalability of the product is good.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal with the solution offered more documentation.

I've used the solution for about two or three years at this point. I'm unsure of the exact amount of time.

The solution is stable and the performance is good. It's reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The solution has been very easy to use. It's a user-friendly solution.

The product is very stable.

The scalability of the product is good.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal with the solution offered more documentation.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

That said, I only use it for personal use, and therefore haven't really attempted to scale it.

I've never had to reach out to technical support. I haven't had any issues. Therefore, I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive their team is if you do run into problems.

The installation is very straightforward and simple. It's not overly difficult to set up. A user shouldn't have any issues with the process.

While I cannot speak to the exact amount of time it took to set up, I recall it being a rather fast process.

What other advice do I have?

I have the solution deployed to my laptop. I only use it for personal purposes, not for business usage.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. I've been pretty happy with its capabilities.

I would recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

BK
Director at esupport Solutions Pvt ltd
Provides optimal spyware protection; easy to deploy, easy to use with a good detection rate

• "Easy to deploy, easy to use, and has a good detection rate."
  • "They're restricted to endpoint protection for now, I'd like to see some additional products."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is protection against spyware. We are partners with Kaspersky.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to deploy, easy to use, and has a good detection rate. For the SMB segment, it's an optimal solution that is pocket-friendly, and easy to manage. They have a new training portal which is good.

What needs improvement?

There were some issues with reporting which seem to have been resolved. I'd like to see them go to the next level by adding more products because they're restricted to endpoint protection for now.

I've been using this solution for one year. I'm a company director.

This solution is stable.

To date, we've deployed to around 2,000 users without any issues - I can't comment on numbers above that.

I haven't needed to contact technical support.

Kaspersky pricing is reasonable. If you compare it to other top brands such as Symantec and McAfee, Kaspersky costs 30-40% less.

I have also worked with Checkpoint Harmony which is good if you're in the enterprise segment. It gives a complete overview of what is happening in your organization, providing detailed information.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution and think that Kaspersky Antivirus is the best antivirus for SMBs. No doubt about it. That said, I do think the quality of service and ease of use is relatively comparable with any of the other top brands.

I rate this product 10 out of 10.

Download our free Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.