Olusegun-Ajayi
IT Administrator at WSTC Financial Services Limited
Easy to install, good technical support, and the notifications work well

• "The security is very good, compared to some other products."
  • "I would like to see enhancements made with respect to the administration."

What is our primary use case?

We use this as part of our security solution.

What is most valuable?

I like the patching and the way the ports are used.

The security is very good, compared to some other products.

The notifications are good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see enhancements made with respect to the administration. We have found that when we push the installation from the server to the rest of the clients, some systems pick it up automatically and continuously maintain them, whereas other systems do not. In these cases, we have to manually install, and moreover, we still cannot manage them from the administration end. If this break in the link between the administration and the clients can be fixed then it would be better.

I have been using Kaspersky Endpoint Security for a few years.

Kaspersky is relatively stable, although I have experienced one problem. I had noticed at one point that the icon was grey and did not show any colors. I then checked the protection features and only one out of ten was active, which should not have been the case. At that point, we uninstalled and reinstalled the software, and it fixed it.

It is easy to scale the platform. We have licenses for two servers at the moment.

The technical support from Kaspersky is good.

The company started with Kaspersky and has stayed with it since then.

The initial setup is easy and it can be deployed in a few minutes.

What other advice do I have?

In general, this is a good product and I recommend it. My only complaint with it has to do with the administration problems.

MZ
Deputy Manager of Cybersecurity Projects at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides great endpoint protection and granularity around what I want to configure

• "Ability to specify the level of protection on devices,"
  • "The process for upgrades is very slow."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for my personal machines; my laptop, MacBook, as well as the devices of other family members. I buy about five to seven licenses every couple of years and I mainly use them to protect my end points. In my work, I'm the chief of Information Security and a customer of Kaspersky.

What is most valuable?

I like that this solution is pretty easy to use and also that it gives me some kind of granularity about the things I want to configure. I can also specify the level of protection I want for the devices, especially for MacBook and Windows devices.

What needs improvement?

I think improvements could be made around the upgrade. The process for upgrades is very slow. It usually takes about five to 10 minutes to work with the database of the solution.

As a cyber security professional, I would love to see more analytic capability in this solution. The ones I do see in solutions such as CrowdStrike or other commercial products, would also be better in more detail.

I've been using this solution for about six years.

This is now a very stable solution, they have made a lot of improvements in the last years. Prior to that, I installed the solution many years ago and it crashed the computers.

I think the scalability is fine. We have five to seven users at home.

I think I've used technical support two or three times. They've been good.

The initial setup is very straightforward - slow but straightforward. Deployment takes about an hour per device.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution.

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,029 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MF
Manager Tech. & Support (Information Technology) at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A scalable security solution that can be used across platforms, but it could be more secure

• "I like that we can use it across all the platforms like PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and all systems for protection. I also like that we can use it for different cloud sessions and different unified systems. It's available on all the vulnerability assessments including, web filtering, email filtering, test protection, anomaly control, and management. There are more than enough benefits available on Kaspersky."
  • "It would be better if it were more secure and stable. I would also like to see more powerful features in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky Endpoint Security for email filtering, web browsing, web filtering, and USB filtering.

What is most valuable?

I like that we can use it across all the platforms like PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and all systems for protection. I also like that we can use it for different cloud sessions and different unified systems.

It's available on all the vulnerability assessments including, web filtering, email filtering, test protection, anomaly control, and management. There are more than enough benefits available on Kaspersky.

What needs improvement?

We have been using this product for the last two years.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security is a stable solution.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security is a scalable solution. We currently have 35 users using this solution.

Technical support is available, and they support all the options.

We used different solutions like BullGuard Antivirus and Avira Antivirus before using Kaspersky Endpoint Security.

The initial setup and installation is straightforward and didn't take too much time. It's a one-time activity that you can do on all the PCs, all the systems, and the servers. A single technical person can deploy, maintain, and take care of all the other activities.

We pay a yearly annual subscription for this product.

What other advice do I have?

I will definitely recommend this product to potential users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Kaspersky Endpoint Security a seven.

Mazen Kassem
Senior Digital Services Engineer at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Scalable, user-friendly, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used to protect my personal information. I use it for security purposes.

What is most valuable?

The solution has been very easy to use. It's a user-friendly solution. The product is very stable. The scalability of the product is good.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal with the solution offered more documentation.

I've used the solution for about two or three years at this point. I'm unsure of the exact amount of time.

The solution is stable and the performance is good. It's reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The solution has been very easy to use. It's a user-friendly solution.

The product is very stable.

The scalability of the product is good.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal with the solution offered more documentation.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

That said, I only use it for personal use, and therefore haven't really attempted to scale it.

I've never had to reach out to technical support. I haven't had any issues. Therefore, I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive their team is if you do run into problems.

The installation is very straightforward and simple. It's not overly difficult to set up. A user shouldn't have any issues with the process.

While I cannot speak to the exact amount of time it took to set up, I recall it being a rather fast process.

What other advice do I have?

I have the solution deployed to my laptop. I only use it for personal purposes, not for business usage.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. I've been pretty happy with its capabilities.

I would recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

BK
Director at esupport Solutions Pvt ltd
Provides optimal spyware protection; easy to deploy, easy to use with a good detection rate

• "Easy to deploy, easy to use, and has a good detection rate."
  • "They're restricted to endpoint protection for now, I'd like to see some additional products."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is protection against spyware. We are partners with Kaspersky.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to deploy, easy to use, and has a good detection rate. For the SMB segment, it's an optimal solution that is pocket-friendly, and easy to manage. They have a new training portal which is good.

What needs improvement?

There were some issues with reporting which seem to have been resolved. I'd like to see them go to the next level by adding more products because they're restricted to endpoint protection for now.

I've been using this solution for one year. I'm a company director.

This solution is stable.

To date, we've deployed to around 2,000 users without any issues - I can't comment on numbers above that.

I haven't needed to contact technical support.

Kaspersky pricing is reasonable. If you compare it to other top brands such as Symantec and McAfee, Kaspersky costs 30-40% less.

I have also worked with Checkpoint Harmony which is good if you're in the enterprise segment. It gives a complete overview of what is happening in your organization, providing detailed information.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution and think that Kaspersky Antivirus is the best antivirus for SMBs. No doubt about it. That said, I do think the quality of service and ease of use is relatively comparable with any of the other top brands.

I rate this product 10 out of 10.

RH
IT Infrastructure Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to install, fast, stable, and has all required features

• "Our clients are using the advanced options, and they're quite comfortable with this solution because they didn't have any problems. It was easy to integrate it with Active Directory. It is fast and easy to use. It has all the required features."
  • "Currently, it doesn't have a cloud option. This is something that they should look into going forward."

What is our primary use case?

Our clients use it for protecting their endpoints.

What is most valuable?

Our clients are using the advanced options, and they're quite comfortable with this solution because they didn't have any problems.

It was easy to integrate it with Active Directory. It is fast and easy to use. It has all the required features.

What needs improvement?

Currently, it doesn't have a cloud option. This is something that they should look into going forward.

I have been using this solution for two months.

It is stable. We didn't have any problems.

We have been implementing it in small companies, and it has been working fine.

I haven't spoken to technical support because our implementation went well.

Our clients were using other antivirus solutions, and they moved to this solution. We will be doing POCs for some clients who already have a similar solution. It is not easy to move to a new solution.

It was a simple process. The installation and the updates afterward went smoothly. The initial setup was quite fast. It took 15 to 20 minutes, which also included updates.

We provide maintenance services to our clients and check whether the updates are happening.

Its price is on par with other products. It might even be slightly cheaper. There are no additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Kaspersky Endpoint Security an eight out of ten.

Kamel Ahmed
Operations Supervisor at eprom
Simple to use management center, good support, and it scales to our requirements

• "The most valuable feature is the management center."
  • "We have had some problems with it comes to uninstalling it, so you have to make sure that you do everything right."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product because it's a management center and it has good security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the management center. I can do a lot of things with the console on the client.

The interface is very simple.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Kaspersky Endpoint Security for approximately six years.

This is a stable product.

We have had no problems with scalability. We have approximately 500 users in our company.

I have been in contact with technical support many times, and they are very good.

I have tried BitDefender but its management center is poor. It does not have as many features as Kaspersky has.

I have also used Trend Micro One, but it's not as good as Kaspersky. In Kaspersky, the management center is very simple to use.

I have had some installation problems, but I'm doing well now.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, Kaspersky is a good product. That said, there is no such thing as a perfect solution.  Trend Micro may have a better product, or BitDefender may have one that is better, but I like Kaspersky the most.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

AD
IT Infrastructure at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Scalable and reliable, but needs better intrusion tracing

• "The solution is scalable, we have 500 users using this solution."
  • "We have zero-day detection of malware but it cannot detect other types of unknown intrusions."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution in our company for security against intrusions. However, we cannot trace the source of the issue without the EDR which we are planning to implement soon. We are able to receive the report from the server and which SNMP traps are from what system but that is all.

What needs improvement?

In an upcoming release, they could improve by providing features, such as EDR and better tracing of intrusion.

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

We have not had any stability issues and after each new version, the stability gets better.

The solution is scalable, we have 500 users using this solution.

I have not contacted technical support but we have vendor support that has been good.

We have used Trend Micro and Symantec previously. We switch to this solution most recently from Symantec because the resource consumption was too high and the reporting was not good.

The installation is straightforward.

We have an annual license and there is a fee per device used. The price is fair compared to the latest EDR solution.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Kaspersky Endpoint Security a seven out of ten.

Download our free Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.