Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is #3 ranked solution in top Endpoint Compliance tools and #13 ranked solution in endpoint security software. IT Central Station users give Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business an average rating of 8 out of 10. Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is most commonly compared to Symantec End-User Endpoint Security:Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business vs Symantec End-User Endpoint Security. Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 47% of users researching this solution on IT Central Station. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 36% of all views.
What is Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business?
Kaspersky Endpoint Security is a multi-layered endpoint protection platform, based on true cybersecurity technologies. This tightly integrated solution combines fully scalable protection capabilities for physical, virtual and cloud-based endpoints including desktops, servers, mobile devices and embedded systems. Every endpoint can be managed through one unified console, giving you a complete security overview, no matter how extensive your infrastructure. Kaspersky Endpoint Security delivers a reliable, enterprise-ready security platform, providing data to automatically enrich your SOC. Endpoint vulnerabilities and protection are managed together through one console, improving efficiency and reducing your TCO. It protects you from ransomware, exploits and even the most advanced forms of cyberthreats. It has Easy and effective centralized web, device and application controls reduce your attack surface and help keep users safe. And FIPS 140.2 certified full disk encryption helps fully protect confidential data on stationary and mobile devices.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business was previously known as Kaspersky Work Space Security, Kaspersky Endpoint Security.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Buyer's Guide

Download the Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Customers
ACMS, Arqiva, Pakistan International Airlines, RAO UES
Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Video

Archived Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Reviews (more than two years old)

Zain Rehman
Senior Security Analyst at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Enables us to reduce costs and offers manufacturing control

• "The advice I would give someone implementing this solution is that the management of the solution is very easy. You don't need a lot of people to manage the solution."
  • "This solution needs improvement in the reporting section. Reporting in Kaspersky Endpoint is good but it's not that great. The platform needs to centralize reporting control."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Kaspersky Endpoint Security. There are two products:

1. Kaspersky Skill Center (supply management)
  2. Kaspersky Endpoint Security

We use Kaspersky Endpoint Security for manual production and supply production. We also use it for additional control in manufacturing.

How has it helped my organization?

Kaspersky Endpoint Security did help us a little but there were still some problems. For example, we had problems in processing payment issues from the gateway country.

Overall, we implemented Kaspersky Endpoint Security because it enabled us to reduce costs.

What is most valuable?

The manual production is what drew us to Kaspersky Endpoint Security.

What needs improvement?

This solution needs improvement in the reporting section. Reporting in Kaspersky Endpoint is good but it's not that great. The platform needs to centralize reporting control.

They should include some BMP features, like a BD board or MP board and some D&B company in the near future. That would be good.

Three to five years.

The product is very stable and we haven't faced any issues as of now.

The scalability of Kaspersky Endpoint Security is very simple and easy. You don't need to buy a separate server or hardware. It can easily be configured.

Right now we have more than 4,500 users. Two staff members are required to maintain the solution.

Technical support with Kaspersky is really good. The response from customer support is on time. We have a Kaspersky support license, so our response time is almost two hours.

Usually, with Kaspersky customer support, we will have a solution within two hours.

We have seven countries under us. Some of the countries were using McAfee and some of the countries were using Symantec.

The initial setup is very straightforward. The deployment took only two machines and was completed in less than a month.

We used an integrator company and the experience was very good.

For ROI, we are working on some issues. Kaspersky has helped a lot. We get feeds from all over the world. We have to log these and find integrity checks in our industry.

This is also some regulatory requirement. In the end, it's also helped us plan our contribution as well. For our part, Kaspersky Endpoint Security has helped us a lot.

Our license for Kaspersky Endpoint Security is on a yearly basis. We have a yearly subscription. They have multiple options available at no additional costs.

The remote management and new client process, plus the support, led us to Kaspersky. We are very satisfied with Kaspersky products.

In the latest tests, there were some issues there. We had decided to go with Kasperksy, but we reevaluated McAfee, Symantec, and other solutions. In the end, we chose Kasperksy.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give someone implementing this solution is that the management of the solution is very easy. You don't need a lot of people to manage the solution.

Everything can be done with Kaspersky Endpoint Security. The good thing is that the epicenter of support staff doesn't have to go climbing through the issues.

They make it very easy for us to manage solutions. I would rate it 8.5 out of 10.

MH
Information Security Analyst at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
The signature update is done securely, but there are performance issues affecting the server speed

• "The signature update is done securely."
  • "There have been some performance issues. They provide good security, but this slows down the performance of machines' servers. The software is not updating as frequently as we need."

What is most valuable?

The signature update is done securely.

What needs improvement?

There are some issues that recently happened with this solution. The American government and other countries banned Kaspersky, since it is a Russian product, and customers lost their confidence in it.

There is too much deviation from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Kaspersky could provide more training for the local support.

Three to five years.

It is very stable. I have no complaints when it comes to stability.

Scalability is good, but if I want to update any patch or update for 2000 to 3000 machines, it can be difficult sometimes. If it is below 2000 machines, then it is fine.

In our organization, we have 3000 users utilizing the product.

The local support that they have here are great, especially for on-premise. If I call them, they can reach us very quickly. The issue is that they aren't always so knowledgeable. Kaspersky didn't provide enough training for them.

The initial setup was straightforward, not so complex.

Pricing and licensing is competitive. It's not so different from its competitors.

At the moment, we don't have any alternatives that we are considering.

What other advice do I have?

Think about the performance issues first. If I have a very good solution, but it slows down your server performance, then the productivity of your place will go down. The performance issues should be considered. Scalability should also be considered, then security issues.

We are not happy with this solution and want it to change.

Learn what your peers think about Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,358 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AA
ICT Manager at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Will not hurt the overall performance of the end user by hurting the speed of their machine

• "We used to have a lot of phishing attacks and all these kind of things for end-users so we decided that we needed endpoint security. We evaluated some solutions and found that Kaspersky is the most appropriate in terms of endpoint security and the speed of the user machine. The encryption is a major factor from our end."
  • "There should be some AI involved. We already have machine learning involved in recent releases but machine learning should be more enhanced in the upcoming versions."

What is our primary use case?

It doesn't slow down your machine's speed for the end user which is why we chose Kaspersky. It's performing great.

How has it helped my organization?

We used to have a lot of phishing attacks and all these kind of things for end users so we decided that we needed endpoint security. We evaluated some solutions and found that Kaspersky is the most appropriate in terms of endpoint security and the speed of the user machine. The encryption is a major factor from our end.

What is most valuable?

The encryption is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The logs should be more simplified and more interactive for the end user. These are the areas I feel they need to improve on.

Stability is very good as of now. Kaspersky has some cool features that every organization needs to adopt as far as endpoint security is concerned.

I've had a good impression of the scalability.

Our first point of contact for support is from our partners. We mostly deal with them.

We have multiple criteria when choosing a solution. First of all the scalability of the solution is the main criteria for me, then the technical support, especially customer service. Lastly, the ease of use is important for us.

The initial setup was quite easy. We only needed some material that was available online and there wasn't any issue when installing Kaspersky. It was quite easy, a normal IT person can do it.

We evaluated two or three vendors before choosing Kaspersky. We chose Kaspersky because of the impact of endpoint machines. Usually, endpoint security software hurts the speed of the user's system while running scans but Kaspersky does not. Another reason we went with Kaspersky is because of the cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. An eight because of the ease of usability, the deployment is easier than other solutions and because the artificial intelligence is more stable than other solutions and finally, because of the scalability.

Kaspersky will not be a headache for your IT team and it will not hurt the overall performance of the end user by hurting the speed of their machine. It is quite simple to implement and manage.

Abdou Soudaki
IT Help Desk at Elsewedy Electric Algerie
Improves security for our mobile and VMware infrastructure

• "It helps to improve our security for our mobile and VMware infrastructure. The remote tasks are great."
  • "The reports aren't so good. To make it a perfect ten they should improve the reports and web interface."

What is our primary use case?

Kaspersky has performed nicely, we haven't had any issues with the end user. Our primary use case is for the detection features.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• Deployment
  • Reports
  • Detection

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an enhanced web platform.

The reports and email notifications have room for improvement.

Three to five years.

Stability is very good. We haven't had any problems.

I haven't had to use their technical support yet.

We have only used Kaspersky. The criteria that was important to us when considering a solution was that it would be easy to use and that it would have easy upgrades.

The initial setup was easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of ten. The reports aren't so good. To make it a perfect ten they should improve the reports and web interface.

Gama A. Gunawan
IT Support Supervisor at PT. Tokai Rubber Indonesia
Enables us to detect a virus on all of the systems

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for monitoring.

How has it helped my organization?

Before Kaspersky, I had to control each PC one by one but now it's just one update and it can detect a virus on all of the systems.

What is most valuable?

The blocking feature is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

It needs more computer resources. They should have more anti-spam features.

Less than one year.

It's a little more expensive compared to other anti-virus competitors like Symantec.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. Not a ten because it needs more computer resources.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for monitoring.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The blocking feature is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

It needs more computer resources. They should have more anti-spam features.

Less than one year.

Antony Muturi
ICT/HMIS Supervisor at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
The centralized management enables freedom to deal with the protection.

• "The centralized management is a nice features. It gives us the leeway to deal with other things as protection is being carried on in the background. We do not have to keep on watching as long as we have the right updates. It also saves us time."
  • "If someone has the older version of the solution, and wants to install a newer version, they must remove all of the previous applications. Otherwise, there will be issues with the solution."

What is our primary use case?

A networked environment with workstations in remote stations. The organisation has a HQ where the IT centrally manages resources with AV being one of the resources.

How has it helped my organization?

The centralized management is a nice feature. It gives us the leeway to deal with other things as protection is being carried on in the background. We do not have to keep watching, as long as we have the right updates. In addition, it saves us time.

What is most valuable?

The centralised management console. Ability to discover machines and see their realtime state. Integration with AD also helps in identifying sources of infection and acting appropriately

What needs improvement?

If someone has the older version of the solution, and wants to install a newer version, they must remove all of the previous applications. Otherwise, there will be issues with the solution in the long run. There should be a remover tool that is embedded on the agent. Then, it could check on incompatible previous versions and remove the same on the background. This needs improvement. There have been cases where one installs newer versions on top of existing version e.g 10.2 on top of 10.1 going onto 11.0 the upgrades will refuse to install requiring one to clean the machine of any trace of Kaspersky using the removal tool. In settings where centralised management is used the requirement that you handle an single computer is time consuming. I just want to be pushing the patches and upgrades without a hustle.

I think that there are issues of agents and the upgrades.

The stability is OK. I have not had any crashing at all. I also have not had to repair the application. Any patches that I have to do, I do it and move on.

Scaling is fine.

The licensing is fine, and it is well within reasonable rates.

NL
Branch Manager with 10,001+ employees
A stable solution with good firewall protection

How has it helped my organization?

It performs quite well as a firewall protection provider.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better reporting.

So far, the stability is good.

I personally have not used tech support, but my colleagues have. There are not too many issues necessary for us to contact tech support.

What other advice do I have?

I would say that the variety of features that Kaspersky provides is a benefit to any user.

How has it helped my organization?

It performs quite well as a firewall protection provider.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better reporting.

So far, the stability is good.

SA
IT Infrastructure Manager at a construction company with 51-200 employees
Cost-effective solution for endpoint protection

• "We have gained advanced threat protection without investing more into that area."
  • "It's does not have the architecture or structure to scale up."
  • "I would like to have more forensic features. For example, if we are hit by an attack, I would like to have tools to investigate what kind of attack, who has attacked, how it was attacked, and what we could do to stop this kind of attack in the future. I would like to have more forensics capability built into Kaspersky."

How has it helped my organization?

This solution hasn't really been improved any functionality on the organizational level except that there are no complaints related to the endpoint protection. With the new update, they have incorporated some advanced protection and behavior detection. We have gained advanced threat protection without investing more into it.

What is most valuable?

According to my security engineer, Kaspersky essentially protects the devices. Before Kaspersky, we had other solutions that always had some problems with phishing, malware, and other threats. After using Kaspersky, we never have those issues.

Prior to using this solution, we also had performance complaints from users. Now, with Kaspersky, we never have performance issues. I would say it is the protection. Yes, there is the ability to protect against normal malware and the performance of the endpoint. It doesn't degrade any performance while working.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have more forensic features. For example, if we are hit by an attack, I would like to have tools to investigate what kind of attack, who has attacked, how it was attacked, and what we could do to stop this kind of attack in the future. I would like to have more forensics capability built into Kaspersky.

On a scale of one to nine, I would give this solution a nine. It is highly stable. It is live, and constantly updating and stable.

In terms of scalability, I would not give it such a high rating. I would rate it a four out of ten. If I want to scale beyond, let's say 500 times, then I will have to read, and do my back-end. It does not have the architecture or structure to scale up.

The initial setup was not easy. We had to consult a help-desk during the process.

It is a cost-effective product.

We switched to Kaspersky because we had issues with other solutions. There were performance issues amongst other things. We switched to Kaspersky because we researched other opinions.

Because of our security information, it is a good idea not to have a single endpoint protection solution for a long time. It is good to change the endpoint solution, after three or four years, for example. There should be a change in the endpoint solution because, let's say, most vendors are good at forensics. They also have a forensic ability. Some of them are very good at addressing malware protection, but not forensics. Kaspersky can do both.

CN
Senior Manager Business Productivity, IT with 5,001-10,000 employees
The central management policies of this product are valuable to us

• "We swtiched to Kaspersky Endpoint Security because we found our previous solution did not meet our requirements."
  • "I think it would be good for them to consider and cloud integration capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution is to use a large enterprise endpoint protection for our computers and servers.

What is most valuable?

I value the modular capability to house the network, device, web and email protection. Additionally, the central management policies are valuable.

What needs improvement?

We have experienced problems with downloads and integration in the past. I think it would be good for them to consider cloud integration capabilities.

More than five years.

The stability of this product on a scale of one to five, is a four.

I would rate the scalability as a four out of five stars.

We use a local partner who helps us with tech support. We are happy with the services they have provided.

We switched to Kaspersky Endpoint Security because we found our previous solution did not meet our requirements.

The initial setup was difficult, because we did not know the product.

When choosing a product, we review product functionality, financial concerns and effective deployment. We looked at McAfee and others.

RC
Manager ICT Solution at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
It has improved our performance and deployment

• "Deployment and centralized management are essential for us because of the number of loads that we have along with the number of geographic locations where we are based."
  • "It has improved our performance and deployment."
  • "I would like to see machine learning and AI as added features."
  • "There are some features built into Kaspersky that do not work at all, so we have to use other products instead."

What is our primary use case?

Kaspersky is fairly good with endpoint management. Though, we do not use Kaspersky at our mail security levels because our mail security is done by another product that we use.

So far, performance has been okay. We just updated to the latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our performance and deployment.

What is most valuable?

• The main thing for us is that we get our reporting.
  • Deployment and centralized management are essential for us because of the number of loads that we have along with the number of geographic locations where we are based.
  • If any policy has been breached, it will send you a report.

What needs improvement?

• I would like to see machine learning and AI as added features.
  • It would be nice if they had a separate email security solution (instead of only their cloud edition), similar to what Forcepoint and Trend Micro have.
  • I would rate their encryption as a one out of 10. It needs a lot of improvement.
  • There are some features built into Kaspersky that do not work at all, so we have to use other products instead.

Three to five years.

It is a fairly stable product.

There have been some disturbances going on in the market due to potential leaking of information, but I don't think we are very much concerned about what's happening in the global space. We know our data is secure at our level. We backing up our data and it is doing its job

It is a scalable product. We have been able to create a number of groups where we were to allow policies and deny policies. Another solution did allow us to do this, but we found it was not user-friendly.

The technical support is not very good. I think my mind fixes things before they get it together. I would rate the technical support as a three or four out of 10.

In the past, we went with Trend Micro. It was okay, but we needed a change, and we opted for Kaspersky. It had a lot more features from an endpoint management standpoint. We found it better in terms of deployment. Normally, with the other solutions, we would face issues with deployment.

The initial setup was not a problem for my team.

The vendor came in to help initially, but in the end, we set it up ourselves.

I don't think it is a good product from a support standpoint.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

1. The product should work and do what it promises.
  2. The vendor and product should have a roadmap.
  3. Support.
AM
Senior IT Supervisor at a hospitality company with 10,001+ employees
It is an efficient and stable product

• "It is very efficient. I like its simplicity."
  • "We would like to know where attacks are coming from."
  • "It is hard to maintain the software and upgrade."

What is our primary use case?

Kaspersky performs well. While heavy on the client, it is very efficient.

How has it helped my organization?

It works better than the previous solution.

What is most valuable?

It is very efficient. I like its simplicity.

What needs improvement?

• We would like to know where attacks are coming from.
  • It is hard to maintain the software and upgrade.
  • Sometimes, there are issues with filtering. E.g., I want to take out the message for an exclusion. Sometimes, this exclusion might become hard, because I use a lot of internal software, or the software is post positive.

Three to five years.

The product is very stable.

The scalability is good.

I have never used technical support.

We were previously using Symantec. I switched to Kaspersky because it was simpler and more efficient.

The initial setup was complex.

I received a very good deal with Kaspersky.

While I would recommend Kaspersky, I am now looking for a more complete solution as my business grows. I am looking for something that gives me the protection I need and an entire view of our network. I am currently looking at Trend Micro and Carbon Black.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting endpoint security vendors

• Dependable
  • Good reviews.
it_user877110
IT Supervisor
Helps minimize breach of data and stabilize our network

What is our primary use case?

To protect my endpoint computer.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps minimize breach of data and stabilize our network.

What is most valuable?

Device protection.

What needs improvement?

Web Control and vulnerability need work.

More than five years.

What is our primary use case?

To protect my endpoint computer.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps minimize breach of data and stabilize our network.

What is most valuable?

Device protection.

What needs improvement?

Web Control and vulnerability need work.

it_user874107
Risk Management Specialist
Provides anti-spam, trojan/worm detection/prevention but CPU and memory usage need work

• "Antivirus, including anti-spam, trojan, and worm detection and prevention. Kaspersky has a comprehensive virus definition update which is very helpful for threat prevention."
  • "The need to re-engineer the source code to reduce CPU and memory usage. Other areas for improvement include a data-loss prevention solution, enhanced application control, enhanced device control, an endpoint encryption solution, an advanced persistent threats (APT) solution, and an all-in-one solution with one pricing scheme for corporate and enterprise business needs."

What is our primary use case?

For preventing virus spreads in our networks (servers and PCs). In my experience, Kaspersky products have comprehensive and quick zero-day response for global and local (Indonesia) threats, including spam, Trojans, worms, etc.

My environment consists of 30 servers and 200 PCs and laptops with no USB and CD/DVD media restriction. Eighty percent of all clients have internet connection without any restriction policy.

How has it helped my organization?

Decreases IT threats, incidents from outside the environment as well as internal. Reduces cost and time when handling incidents, including mitigation, restore backup, recovery, reducing/preventing file/data error caused by the threat.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The need to re-engineer the source code to reduce CPU and memory usage. Other areas for improvement include a data-loss prevention solution, enhanced application control, enhanced device control, an endpoint security encryption solution, an advanced persistent threats (APT) solution, and an all-in-one solution with one pricing scheme for corporate and enterprise business needs.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it at seven out of 10. It would be an eight if they could decrease memory and CPU usage.

LM
CISO at a religious institution with 501-1,000 employees
Blocks a lot of malware which would have interrupted our operations

• "Kaspersky Enterprise solution's combined protections have helped to block a lot of malware which would have caused a lot of interruptions in our operations."
  • "The solution is very draining on the computers at certain moments in its operation, excluding the scanning periods that make the computer unusable until finished. It is a balance between economic protection and client machine performance to our users."

What is our primary use case?

Endpoint antivirus and malware protection for mobile users and their laptop computers. We have experimented with mobile devices, but have not needed to establish corporate protections on mobiles until recently.

How has it helped my organization?

Kaspersky has proven to offer very good protection to all our PC users. We also have it installed on our Mac clients and it is performing well.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution is very draining on the computers at certain moments in its operation, excluding the scanning periods that make the computer unusable until finished. It is a balance between economic protection and client machine performance to our users. Most of the time, it is an excellent solution.

it_user854691
IT Support Specialist
User
The user interface is easy to maintain once it is setup

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved my organization because the admin tools are easy to use.

What is most valuable?

The admin tools are the most valuable feature because they are easy to use. It allows for a solid form of risk management as well as a measure of remote device management. It is very hands off, which I appreciate.

What needs improvement?

Utilizing the CPU usages during the scan process needs to be improved.

The customer service is solid. I have never had a problem getting through to someone. They have always been able to help me with any problems or questions.

Custom package deployments  The user…

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved my organization because the admin tools are easy to use.

What is most valuable?

The admin tools are the most valuable feature because they are easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Utilizing the CPU usages during the scan process needs to be improved.

• Custom package deployments
  • The user interface is easy to maintain once it is setup.
  • The Client is very low-resource. Some of the systems that I have deployed it on are older, and it does not eat up a lot of system resources.

it_user824838
IT System Engineer at a energy/utilities company with 51-200 employees
User
Initially, it did greatly improve the security, however, signature-based malware prevention is not very useful anymore

• "Especially the firewalling, I found useful, as you can control the applications and services on a granular level to tell them where they have access to or not."
  • "The policies are easy to make and controlled by the Kaspersky Administrative Security Center, which comes at no additional costs."
  • "Malware protection for Kaspersky should be revolutionized, where they no longer work with signatures, but with more advanced ways of detecting malware, such as Cylance or Traps from Palo Alto."
  • "It is not very good for the performance of the system, and especially with older devices, it has a noticeable impact."

What is our primary use case?

Since introduced years ago, it has been used to prevent various types of malware infections. It has also introduced additional features for firewalling to better control applications regarding network activities.

How has it helped my organization?

Initially, it did greatly improve the security. However, as many of us know, signature-based malware prevention is not very useful anymore. Aside from not stopping all threats, it is not very good for the performance of the system, and especially with older devices, it has a noticeable impact. But in regard to other legacy solutions, I do believe Kaspersky is one of the better ones.

it_user772521
ICT Assistant
​Securing our network is easier since we have divided the task between the antivirus and the overall network firewall

• "I can easily manage over 300 computers antivirus from my desk."
  • "From time to time, some users loose connection via the Network Agent."

How has it helped my organization?

Securing our network is now easier since we have divided the task between the antivirus and the overall network firewall. This means different people can focus on the different lines of defense, hence enhancing security.

What is most valuable?

• Network Agent
  • Over the network deployment
  • Monitoring
  • Reporting
  • Manipulation

I can easily manage over 300 computers antivirus from my desk. I am able to see detected viruses, run disinfection, and scans remotely. I am able to troubleshoot Kaspersky Antivirus installed on workstations from my desk by uninstalling, starting tasks, communicating with computer users (Network Message), and viewing and deploying to those who are not installed. Updates are also run on a schedule and this saves on bandwidth usage since some updates from the KSC dbase.

What needs improvement?

From time to time, some users loose connection via the Network Agent. This gives us a tough time, since they are in different localities, so we have to run tasks and sometimes manually re-establish the NetAgent connection.

Three years.

At first, the whole centre concept was new to me, but the documentation really helped as I had a smooth time catching up. I also once lost a KSC server as it crashed and I had to redo all the setup since I had learnt about the backup method. However, the KSC team was and continues to be of great help via their assistance from the company account.

Yes, but it was largely our network settings. Setting up the slave servers is a headache if the network is not well-configured.

The support is very good. A 10 out of 10.

This is the solution I found when I joined the organization, so it is hard to tell if it was a switch.

Straightforward, since I used the provided manual/documentation guide.

It is quite standard, because we use the volume licensing.

Not applicable.

What other advice do I have?

It is very reliable, user-friendly endpoint security software. I recommend it to any administrator.

BG
Information Security Director at a financial services firm
We have not encountered any issues with stability or scalability during our usage

• "It has many features, like deploying a package to many clients, an MDM solution, etc."
  • "They can improve the zero-day exploit to be more effective."

How has it helped my organization?

We mostly use the product as an antivirus solution. With Kaspersky Security Network (KSN), we are protected against most new threats.

What is most valuable?

Beside being an antivirus solution, it is an endpoint solution. Therefore, it has many features, like deploying a package to many clients, an MDM solution, etc.

What needs improvement?

They can improve the zero-day exploit to be more effective.

We have been using this product for five years.

For five years, we have not had any stability issues.

For five years, we have not had any scalability issues.

Support is actually quick. They try to find the solution fast and comfort you when a problem arises.

No, we did not use another solution before.

The setup was simple. After the setup, you also need to configure rules based on your company needs.

The licensing is based per agent. You can get discounts if you have more agents.

We evaluate NOD32, Symantec, and McAfee along with this product.

What other advice do I have?

If they need more than an antivirus solution (like MDM and package deployment), they can still consider the product.

Nadeem Syed
CEO at Haniya Technologies
Reseller
It is very stable, and effective in combating spam, viruses, and Trojans

What is most valuable?

Antivirus engine Center Management Security Center

How has it helped my organization?

It is very stable, and effective in combating spam, viruses, Trojans, etc.

What needs improvement?

Data loss prevention (DLP) in email security.

Nine years.

No issues.

An eight out of 10 for technical support.

Yes, we used a different solution. We changed it because it went down in support and providing up-to-date information.

It is a mixture of both. You must…

What is most valuable?

• Antivirus engine
  • Center Management
  • Security Center

How has it helped my organization?

It is very stable, and effective in combating spam, viruses, Trojans, etc.

What needs improvement?

Data loss prevention (DLP) in email security.

Nine years.

No issues.

An eight out of 10 for technical support.

It is a mixture of both. You must know some information about installing a client server application in a WAN environment. You can use the guide as well to deploy the product.

Pricing is very competitive and licensing is very much ethical.

Trend Micro, McAfee, and Sophos.

What other advice do I have?

Must have an up-to-date system and should have minimum a mid-size range server.

Download our free Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.