Kerio Connect OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Kerio Connect is #1 ranked solution in top Email Archiving tools and #7 ranked solution in top Email Applications. IT Central Station users give Kerio Connect an average rating of 8 out of 10. Kerio Connect is most commonly compared to Microsoft Exchange:Kerio Connect vs Microsoft Exchange. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 42% of all views.
What is Kerio Connect?

Kerio Connect, a messaging and collaboration solution, meets the needs of small and mid-sized businesses while offering a robust feature lineup. Business users enjoy support for their favorite email client and easy web-based access. Kerio Connect is highly stable—so you can focus on business rather than unexpected downtime and recovery.

Download the Email Archiving Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Kerio Connect Customers

Southern Tier Brewing Company, Innotta, Baustoff + Metall, Hamifleurs, Chanson TV, Ryman Stationery

Kerio Connect Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Kerio Connect pricing:
  • "The pricing is about $3 per mailbox per month."
  • "The price of Kerio Connect is better when comparing it to others solutions."

Kerio Connect Reviews

MM
Senior Systems Tech/Admin at a computer software company with 1-10 employees
Reseller
An easy implementation with a good user interface and pretty scalable

• "The user interface is good."
  • "Most of our clients use Outlook and Kerio Connect. Occasionally, Kerio can be a bit slow. They could make it faster to get onto the web interface without so much load time. It's just slow with Outlook, however, for some reason."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the product as an integrated solution for our calendars and contacts and everything else. It's attached to our carrier operator.

What is most valuable?

It's a very healthy solution. It has a good survey or features that we like to use.

The user interface is good.

The implementation process isn't too complex.

What needs improvement?

We've been happy with the solution. It's worked for us so far so it's fine.

If they could integrate some sort of AI into the solution to make it more efficient, that would be interesting.

We've been using the solution since the product's inception. It's been about 15 years or so.

As long as the operating is stable, the Kerio connect will be very stable as well, so we don't have any problem with it. There aren't bugs and glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. I consider it reliable.

The solution can scale quite well. It can accommodate 10,000 depending on your hardware. It's quite robust.

It's a multi-domain solution. More than one company can be on the solution at one time.

We don't plan on increasing usage at this time.

The solution's implementation is not complex in any way. It's pretty straightforward. We're using Linux systems to install it, however, we stay away from Window's services. That's a personal preference thing on our end.

We tend to maintain the solution for our clients. We have one person who handles maintenance and she's knowledgeable in everything from hardware to software to the operating system.

We had help on the more technical details of the setup.

The pricing is about $3 per mailbox per month.

What other advice do I have?

We have a mix of deployment models, beyond just the cloud.

If you're an admin, it's much preferable to use Kerio Connect because it's, easy to manage.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I'd rate the solution at and eight. There's no perfect system, however, this solution works quite well for us.

VK
Lead Hand - Print Department at a marketing services firm with 11-50 employees
Highly secure, flexible, and intuitive interface

• "Kerio Connect is secure, flexible, and easy to control from the user interface. It has many security features able to be controlled from one place, such as anti-spam. I have found it very convenient. Additionally, you can analyze log files and share folders which is helpful."
  • "The solution could improve the redundancy because we only have one copy of the Kerio Connect server on our hardware. The next step for us is to move to the cloud and if Kerio does not have a cloud version available they should release one"

What is our primary use case?

We are running Kerio Connect as a mail server on a Windows Server system.

What is most valuable?

Kerio Connect is secure, flexible, and easy to control from the user interface. It has many security features able to be controlled from one place, such as anti-spam. I have found it very convenient. Additionally, you can analyze log files and share folders which is helpful.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve the redundancy because we only have one copy of the Kerio Connect server on our hardware. The next step for us is to move to the cloud and if Kerio does not have a cloud version available they should release one.

Kerio Connect runs on Windows Servers which I do not like because it is not secure and reliable. I would prefer to run it under Linux.

I have been using Kerio Connect for approximately seven years.

I would recommend others to use a cloud-based or a SaaS solution.

The solution is highly stable and reliable.

The cloud version would have a better ability to scale which is available.

We have 30 people using this solution.

The technical support is amazing. You receive a fast response after you create a ticket and the agent are very technical and knowledgeable.

The initial installation is straightforward and takes approximately 10 minutes to configure the domain and accounts. It has a user-friendly interface design but you have to have some experience to start setting it up. The interface is clear, transparent, and made in a logical way. You can have access to the on-site Kerio Connect from outside the company through a website provided by Kerio to control all the settings and configuration.

I did the implementation myself.

The solution works well by itself, it does not require a lot of maintenance. We only have to manage the hard drives. I only analyze the security and spam logs on a daily basis to make some new rules if needed in order to protect ourselves from phishing emails and from spam that could overload our servers.

The price of Kerio Connect is better when comparing it to others solutions.

We evaluated Microsoft Office and Google's solutions but we found Kerio Connect suits us best.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Kerio Connect a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about GFI, Mimecast, Proofpoint and others in Email Archiving. Updated: November 2021.
552,136 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AUGUSTO TOMALA
IT & Project Manager at ENERIT
Reseller
An easy-to-use and well supported solution for our SMB customers

What is our primary use case?

This solution is our SMB alternative to Exchange. We have installed it for more than forty SMB customers, in a Linux environment with all of the collaboration features.

How has it helped my organization?

This is the first SMB product in our portfolio. It has improved our ability to offer customers a solution with ease of use, ease of support, and Kerio's ability to cover all of the aspects offered by their big counterparts.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are its ease of use, excellent pricing, and it is platform agnostic.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better support from their support team.

More than ten years.

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better support from their support team.

More than ten years.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: GFI-Kerio reseller in Ecuador.
Download our free Email Archiving Report and find out what your peers are saying about GFI, Mimecast, Proofpoint, and more!