Kerio Control Overview
What is Kerio Control?
Kerio Control brings together next-generation firewall capabilities -- including a network firewall and router, intrusion detection and prevention (IPS), gateway anti-virus, VPN, and web content and application filtering. These comprehensive capabilities and unmatched deployment flexibility make Kerio Control the ideal choice for small and mid-sized businesses.
Kerio Control Buyer's Guide
Download the Kerio Control Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021
Kerio Control Customers
Triton Technical, McDonald's
Kerio Control Video
Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
Computer Technician at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Apr 18, 2019
Provides users with the ability to log in to the portal page, keep track of their data usage and perform bandwidth management
What is our primary use case?Our primary use case for this solution is to provide our customers with a reliable and secure internet service for which they can perform bandwidth management and other operations.
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable feature is to provide users with the ability to log in to the portal page, keep track of their data usage and perform bandwidth management."
- "I would like to be able to inspect https packets for the purpose of virus scanning."
What other advice do I have?This solution is big in our industry because the captains have to have control over everything. If the captain wants to log in and see what his users, his crew members are doing, then Kerio provides that. I suggest watching the Kerio forums for what the community is saying in terms of upgrades and support. I would rate this solution eight out of ten.
IT Director CEO at MARVIV SRLS
Apr 4, 2019
User-friendly, flexible, can be used on different kinds of infrastructure, and you don't need a high level of skill to use it
What is our primary use case?The primary use case of this solution is for the security of the entire network. There are more than 10 companies that are distributors in the territory and for this region, we have to manage and to guarantee that all the companies can interchange data between them, but also with the outside in a safe way. Kerio is the right solution to achieve our objectives because each client and each server that is distributed in the different companies can be maintained and can be controlled in the correct way.
Pros and Cons
- "The flexibility of the system, the capacity to provide the right level of security, and the ability to be integrated into different kinds of infrastructures are the most valuable features."
- "The improvement that we are looking for is for when decide to move some part of our application to the cloud."
What other advice do I have?Kerio is user-friendly, it's flexible, and can be used on different kinds of infrastructure. You don't need a high level of skill to use it. It monitors, identifies potential problems and it takes actions on a problem. The system is quite easy to use, and we don't have any kinds of problems with it, compared to other solutions that are not easy to understand and are complex. I would rate it a nine out of ten. Right now, we are really satisfied with the product. Of course, we are open to seeing other improvements, but from our side, we don't need any other improvements because what we have…
Learn what your peers think about Kerio Control. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
475,705 professionals have used our research since 2012.
General Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Mar 31, 2019
The statistics show you a full brief of every user, every type of connection used, and the total bandwidth used
What is our primary use case?We use it as the primary UTM for the whole company.
Pros and Cons
- "The statistic feature enables us to better use bandwidth management. We monitored the use by mobile, type of application, department, and by users. The bandwidth was solid. Our internet speed is optimized for our research."
- "I would like for them to add more security features."
What other advice do I have?My advice to somebody researching this solution is to check all the features. Some of the most important features of this program don't exist anywhere else. Especially the statistics. I would rate it a nine out of ten.
Technical Coordinator / Pointe-Noire Branch, BUROTOP IRIS SA at BUROTOP IRIS SA
Feb 6, 2019
Improved my organization's security, good technical support, and inexpensive
What is our primary use case?Our primary use case is for security purposes, web filtering, and firewalls.
How has it helped my organization?Kerio has improved my organization's security.
What is most valuable?The most valuable feature would be the security.
What needs improvement?They should add wireless features.
For how long have I used the solution?Three to five years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?It's very stable.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?Scalability is okay.
How is customer service and technical support?Technical support is good.
How was the initial setup?The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment took one week.
What about the implementation team?I implemented it myself.…
Owner at LOTUSCONCEPT
Jan 22, 2019
Enables the ability to remotely control systems to be installed in multiple areas
What is our primary use case?Our primary use case of this solution is for general network security and VLANs. It's in use 24/7, all the time.
Pros and Cons
- "Technical support is good. They respond right away."
- "I would like to see them develop a bit more flexibility creating VLANs."
What other advice do I have?I would recommend this solution to someone considering it. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
User at GVC
Sep 12, 2018
The remote connectivity feature for users needs improvement. It has helped our organization with testing.
What is our primary use case?I use Kerio Control for user statistics, intrusion detection and prevention (IPS), web filtering, etc.
How has it helped my organization?It has helped our organization with testing.
What needs improvement?They should improve the remote connectivity feature for users.
For how long have I used the solution?Trial/evaluations only.
Jul 11, 2018
The solution is easy to use and provides the ability to deliver customized solutions
What is our primary use case?It is for local use in our company of about one hundred users. It is also deployed to different clients, which are from twenty to two hundred users.
Pros and Cons
- "Kerio Control is easy to use and provides the ability to deliver customized solutions."
- "Support responses need improvement."
- "I would like for there to be a difference between international and national links."
What other advice do I have?Setting up a small laboratory is simple and fast, so you can see a small portion of the solution's benefits and what it will do to improve a business's security.
Jan 24, 2018
Helps our organization better control internal and external communications
How has it helped my organization?It helps us better control internal and external communications.
What is most valuable?The ease of use. The clear handling of the reports. The information that it delivers.
What needs improvement?Filtering of pages and greater personalization in services, among others.
For how long have I used the solution?More than five years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?I have not had stability problems.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?No issues.
How are customer service and technical support?The technical support is good.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?We switched from our previous solution to Kerio Control, due to it administration and scalability.
Mar 30, 2016
Now we have a better overview of all our internet connections and LAN-to-LAN connections.
What other advice do I have?Connection Monitor Debug Area The Main Dashboard Traffic Rules
Download our free Kerio Control Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
- Which is the best network firewall for a small retailer?
- When evaluating Firewalls, what aspect do you think is the most important to look for?
- What is the best way to prevent DoppelPaymer Ransomware?
- Can you recommend a solution to replace Cyberoam 200ing Firewall?
- Best firewall models for 750 to 1000 users
- Best Firewall to create VPN for 250 plus users currently working from home?
- Which lesser known firewall product has the best chance at unseating the market leaders?
- What are the threats associated with using ‘bogus’ cybersecurity tools?
- Comparing network security vendors and devices
- What's the difference between Firewall and NAT Traversals?