Keysight Oscilloscopes OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Keysight Oscilloscopes?

More engineers are switching to Keysight oscilloscopes because they help you:

• Get your products to market faster with award-winning oscilloscopes that offer the fastest update rates, the deepest memory, the industry’s only capacitive touch screen, and the most oscilloscope software options.
  • Produce the highest-performing products with measurements you can trust thanks to oscilloscopes with industry-leading signal integrity and the largest selection of oscilloscope probes.
  • Achieve the lowest cost of ownership with multiple instruments in one mainframe and easy upgrades.
  • Get a compact instrument with zero compromise in functionality with the Keysight Streamline Series USB oscilloscopes.

Keysight Oscilloscopes is also known as InfiniiVision Series, Infiniium Series.

Keysight Oscilloscopes Customers

Nokia Bell Labs

Keysight Oscilloscopes Video

Archived Keysight Oscilloscopes Reviews (more than two years old)

AC
Principal at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
The technical support ecosystem is what really makes it good.

• "Because they're such a big industry standard name, their products are standardized across many customers, which is why people own these products."
  • "The customer support is very good. If you need an application to do any measurement, you can easily get a hold of people to help you with it. This is a whole ecosystem."
  • "There is a learning curve depends on the client that I am working with. E.g., if I'm working with a client, and they have a test and measurement equipment company, when I go to another company, the new company may not be using the same model."

What is our primary use case?

I use Keysight products on and off depending on the customers that I work with. If they have Keysight equipment, then I will use it.

My primary use case is measurement equipment. I work on high-speed designs, With those, there is a whole array of Keysight equipment, but again, when we go as in-house consulting engineers, we work with the tools that the customers have.

How has it helped my organization?

They are one of the top name in the industry. When it comes to grabbing precise technical data, having an ecosystem of logging it correctly and working with the diagnostics, they are probably the industry leaders in the field.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is top-notch in the industry.

What needs improvement?

There is a learning curve, depends on the client equipment that I am working with. This is where application support teams are helpful.

The technical support is what really makes it good.

You are not just buying the equipment; you're buying the support structure around it. If you don't have the right engineers to answer your questions, then you're stuck.

I do consulting work. I don't own my own test and measurement equipment.

I don't make product buying decisions for these.

The clients may use different vendors.

HA
Senior System Design Engineer at Xilinx
MSP
I can use it to easily measure frequency, time, and other complex measurements

• "The user interface is simple and straightforward, so I can easily measure frequency, time, and other complex measurements."
  • "The user interface has a load of features that come with it, which is why it is an eight out of ten."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to debug our system designs and see the signals on the physical side, especially on Internet IPs.

We're using the 1 GHz oscilloscope.

It's a high-speed serial design. We are using it to debug the signals of the high speed serial. It is throwing it around 25 gigs. We also use it to measure all of our reference clock frequencies.

We are using all board differential and single-ended channels to send signals. The product is used in data center applications.

How has it helped my organization?

We measure the skewing of the design and system with a simple click of the button.

What is most valuable?

• Its ease of use.
  • The user interface is simple and straightforward, so I can easily measure frequency, time, and other complex measurements.
  • It's pretty easy to go around the system.

What needs improvement?

The user interface has a load of features that come with it, which is why it is an eight out of ten.

Less than one year.

We are not using the full bandwidth, as we are just using the basic features of the product. We hopefully will explore more of the product in the future.

The solution is field upgradeable. It has the software updates. Though, as of now, we have just started using the product.

We have not had a chance to use the tech support, as of now. They have a pretty good relationship with our team to help us out in case we have any problems though.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very good product to do your basic signal integrity tests and check your signals in the systems. I would recommend using this product.

It took us 30 to 40 minutes to get acclimated to the solution.

The user interface is good and neat, with not much clutter. It's straightforward to use, so anybody can quickly understand the product and use it.

For what we need, we get that with the features on the current design.

We are not using it to support connect devices nor are we planning to going forward.

YL
Engineer at Huawei Technologies
It has the highest bandwidth and resolution on the market

What is our primary use case?

We are using it to do research. We're currently doing optimal links research. We are measuring PAM-4 signals with it.

How has it helped my organization?

We generate a waveform from the AWG. We using the scope to sample the waveform, then do offline processing.

What is most valuable?

We use the high-end scope and high-end AWG, having the bandwidth and signal rates forwarded to us. Its resolution is very good. It has the highest bandwidth and resolution on the market.

We are using the full bandwidth of the product.

The technical support is good, and it has very strong customer…

What is our primary use case?

We are using it to do research. We're currently doing optimal links research.

We are measuring PAM-4 signals with it.

We are using the full bandwidth of the product.

The technical support is good, and it has very strong customer support. They sent an engineer to us who gave us some training and tutorials.

The pricing is very expensive.

They sent their device to demo to us before purchasing.

We also evaluated Teledyne LeCroy.

PA
Signal Integrity Engineer at a tech company with 51-200 employees
The Ecal feature has made it very easy for me to do calibrations. For IoT development, we need more automation.

• "The Keysight Ecal feature has made it very easy for me to do calibrations."
  • "The technical support is okay, but sometimes they are on a different page than us. If it is something wrong with the scope, they are okay. However, if something technical goes wrong, like the calibration, it is hard to get the information that we need because it is hard to share everything and explain all the measurements in real-time."
  • "We are using this product to support connected devices for IoT development, but we need more automation."

What is most valuable?

The Keysight Ecal feature has made it very easy for me to do calibrations.

What needs improvement?

While the user interface is pretty good, going forward, we would like to upgrade it. It needs better calibration features.

Three to five years.

We are utilizing the full bandwidth of this product.

The technical support is okay, but sometimes they are on a different page than us. If it is something wrong with the scope, they are okay. However, if something technical goes wrong, like the calibration, it is hard to get the information that we need because it is hard to share everything and explain all the measurements in real-time.

The price is affordable for us, but for smaller companies, probably not.

We have competing products in our lab.

What other advice do I have?

The learning curve is not that steep. If you are used to some of the measurements beforehand, it is easy and straightforward.

The application space that we are using the solution to target is high-speed serial.

EW
Senior Staff Hardware Engineer at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
The product's functionality makes it easier to measure bit error rate

• "The product's functionality makes things easier for my partner, who is doing the PCIe design. He is able measure the product's usage and bit error rate."
  • "I would like them to build in more high-speed functions, such as FEC or PCIe, built into the array. PERT to be built-in for more specific product call. These would make our lives much easier."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is measuring PCIe and differential signals (CCIX).

We use a high-speed scope for measuring differential signal, which measures for electrical specifications. This is what our PCIe protocols are all about.

How has it helped my organization?

The product's functionality makes things easier for my partner, who is doing the PCIe design. He is able measure the product's usage and bit error rate.

What is most valuable?

It is able to support speed, and not a lot of product are able to do this.

The user interface is user friendly, as it pretty much continues along their product line. It is not my first time using it, and it's not difficult to figure out.

What needs improvement?

I would like them to build in more high-speed functions, such as FEC or PCIe Gen5, built into the array. BERT to be built-in for more specific product call. These would make our lives much easier.

FEC (forward error correction) require Reed-Solomon (RS) encoder and decoder. If scope able to provide RS functions (i.e. let us to enter different n and k values (block length and message length) that will make tool more useful for us).

More than five years.

We are not yet using the full bandwidth.

We have a Field Application Engineer (FAE) in our office area. Every time that we call technical support, they show up.

We decided to switch mostly based on speed that they provide. Everyone knows right now that speed of cellphones is getting faster. Currently, that is not the case for a lot of scopes and portals for speed measurement.

The pricing is very expensive, but with leading technology, nothing is cheap.

Our solution is upgradable. However, upgrading depends on how much money the company is willing to spend, because each upgrade will take a million dollars.

Keysight was the first vendor to come out with a 112G measurement solution. That is why my partner chose them. My partner did a training and look at it before he purchased it.

What other advice do I have?

Keysight is number one and top of the line.

While there is a learning curve, they do provide training. Keysight does a three-day training onsite.

We are not using this product to connect with support connected devices, like IoT development, and are not planning to going forward.

HX
Director of Data Storage System Architecture at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
The user interface is good and easy to use

• "Before silicon came back, our customers' performance was affected. Using these tools, we are able to deliver performance to our customers."
  • "If the simulation runs for a long time, it will suddenly crash. If they can debug that, the product would be better."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is the IBIS-AMI Model.

We are using the Advanced Design System (ADS). We are doing the IBIS model for our customers. We develop our service, then our customer will evaluate it and comeback after checking whether our service has good correlation.

The application space that we target is high-speed serial, like PCIe, SAS, or SATA, which are all the industry standard. We develop it and deliver it to our customer.

How has it helped my organization?

Before silicon came back, our customers' performance was affected. Using these tools, we are able to deliver performance to our customers.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is pretty good.

What needs improvement?

There is definitely a learning curve. It is a more advance software, which not everyone can use just by looking at it.

It should be easier to debug.

More than five years.

If the simulation runs for a long time, it will suddenly crash. If they can debug that, the product would be better.

The solution feels does feel upgradable, but we have any plans to take advantage of this yet.

We are using the full bandwidth of the product.

I would normally call technical support, if needed. They would respond with an email or come to our site.

Keysight is more advanced as a solution. That's why we switched.

We got a demo before purchasing it. We learned what type of interface it had and how easy it is to use it.

The pricing is always high.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good tool to use. If they had a debug feature, it would be helpful.

We use the tool to measure some waveforms, which we normally give to our customers for use in data center applications.

We are not using this product to support connected devices, like IoT development, nor do we have plans to do so going forward.

LK
Signal Integrity Engineer at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Enables our high-speed compliance measurements for USB and display port HDMI, but GUI needs improvement

• "We rely on the data and we make our design calls, risk-assessment, all based on the measurements that we take with the Keysight equipment."
  • "Their GUI is not the best. They need to improve on that. I think their software team needs to put in a little bit more work on how they are presenting the application on the scope."
  • "I would also like to see a more detailed change-notice from version to version, what changed. If they had a more detailed description of what is changing and the reason for it, rather than just releasing, that would be good for us so we know whether or not to upgrade."

What is our primary use case?

Our lab has a 16-gigahertz scope and the 64-gigahertz scope. We have some other test equipment in our labs. We have an area of equipment in the lab that we use for high-speed measurements.

We use them for high-speed compliance measurements: electrical measurements of all the external interfaces, such as USB, display port HDMI, etc., which enable you to use your pen drives or connect your display.

I personally run less of the measurement side now, I do more simulations, but we always correlate simulations with measurements and we need to get an accurate measurement and an accurate simulation to verify if our design works. Otherwise, all of these devices we build won't actually work in the customer's hand. Keysight is the main test equipment vendor, in our lab. We do have some other vendors but we almost exclusively run on Keysight these days.

Regarding the bandwidth, some of the scopes, like the 64, have a higher bandwidth than what we need with our current data rates, but otherwise, we typically use most of the bandwidth.

How has it helped my organization?

Every product that we sell goes through a regular set of testing. Keysight is our main test vendor so we're using all of their equipment for all high-speed measurements. We rely on the data and we make our design calls, risk-assessment, all based on the measurements that we take with the Keysight equipment. Those need to be accurate, otherwise our design decisions would vary from what the end customer would see in reality.

What is most valuable?

Obviously, it needs to be able to handle accuracy of measurements.

Good customer support is very important, especially when there are new versions of the applications that run on these scopes and we have questions. The specifications of all these interfaces keep changing on a monthly or a yearly basis and we have to also keep up when we're designing our devices, so we'll have a lot of questions: Why is your scope testing it in a certain way? Why am I not seeing what I expect? Why is it looking the way it's looking? We need to be able to get an answer from Keysight: How did you design your application and how can we match with what I am simulating or what I am expecting, if there are any discrepancies. Customer support is very important. Otherwise, I believe all these scopes do standard measurements across the board pretty accurately.

What needs improvement?

They have some software applications but their GUI is not the best. They need to improve on that. I think their software team needs to put in a little bit more work on how they are presenting the application on the scope. They can do all the measurements but if it's cumbersome to navigate through the system, then it makes life a little bit harder. They have to keep fiddling around with their app to get it to meet some visual acuity. Otherwise, it's fine. Once you can work through the app, it actually tests properly. We're not seeing many issues.

The user interface is clunky at times. You might see the box move to one side and you can't minimize it, you can't move it out of screen, and you have to minimize the whole screen and open up the scope screen. It doesn't flow. We do work through that. They need to do a little bit better job in making the UI more user-friendly. They have the stuff built-in, it's just the way it pops up on the screen might not necessarily look nice or it might just move to one corner and you're not able to close it, which is a waste of time.

I would also like to see a more detailed change-notice from version to version, what changed. If they had a more detailed description of what is changing and the reason for it, rather than just releasing, that would be good for us so we know whether or not to upgrade. They release software and we find out something might not match what we were expecting, and then we have to go back to them and they say, "Okay, we'll fix this." If they make any design changes, especially in the app or the way it's tested, they need to inform us as customers of what's changing through some engineering change-notice.

More than five years.

I evaluate technical support on the promptness in which they reply back, the detail. I would expect the application engineer to know what he's talking about have a background on what he's trying to explain to us and also support that with actual facts or specifications. If he is making a claim or statement, I'd like that to be supported with the actual specification and for him to say, "Because it's written this way, this is what we have exactly implemented and this is why you are seeing xyz."

The speed in which they respond back is very important, especially when all the projects are time critical and we need to have quick turnarounds. I judge them based on how fast and how correct they are and if they can answer all my questions. I like them to try to help me out, work through my problem to an end solution.

We typically get demos. Keysight personnel will come down and show us some new stuff they might be working on or what we might be interested in. They sometimes loan us some of the equipment so that we can try it out before we buy it.

I don't see the price lists, but our company does get some discounts. I don't think we buy it for the full price. Depending on your relationship with the company, I think Keysight does have different pricing models. I don't know how it is with respect to any other company or any other team, but they're not cheap. They need to be that effective for our use case.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you know what speeds you are trying to test. Ask them for a demo. Ask them for some correlation data, some other products that they have measured. Ask for good pricing. Don't go for the highest-bandwidth scope if you don't need it because it's going to cost you more and it really doesn't make any difference in your measurements. You need to see what you are trying to test and buy accordingly.

In terms of a learning curve, I've been using smaller scopes for ten to 15 years so it is not an issue for me. As long as you have a basic understanding of what you are trying to see, what you expect when you try to make measurements, then you can learn the knobs pretty fast.

You can go really advanced, but you have to understand what you are trying to do, what changes you are trying to make on the scope. Otherwise, you'll get garbage; garbage in garbage out. If you don't have the right inputs you will see something and you will think it's wrong. It's equal parts them doing the right stuff, but also us trying to use the equipment correctly.

If you know how to design, or what you expect to see on the scope, then mostly if your design works properly on your product, you should be seeing the right things. Then, the ramp-up time is not too long.

As for the solution being field-upgradable, there are some things that we can switch out.

I'd give the product a seven out of ten. They can make it a little bit more user-friendly through the GUI. Otherwise, it's fine.

RH
Technical Leader at a tech company with 51-200 employees
We are able to easily record and save our test setup

• "The most valuable features are its quality and reliability... The good thing about the GUI interface which is, of course, software-based, is that you can record and save your test setup."
  • "Something I'd like to see is much better documentation and some good examples. That would be very helpful for a new user to get better at using the new test equipment."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for high-speed signaling, including RF. Of course, 5G is catching up and in the future it is going to converge at a certain frequency range that will benefit both sides of the industry.

The signal we are measuring is primarily the internet signal through the data centers and switching routers. We are not directly measuring the RF signal, like for the 5G wireless. However, all the data from 5G is going through the backbone before translating into the digital signal, which requires much higher bandwidth to accommodate all the 5G signals.

We are definitely utilizing the full bandwidth.

How has it helped my organization?

The most important thing is to correlate with the simulation, and Keysight scopes have long been known for doing that pretty well.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are its quality and reliability. The type of instrument they make is pretty much the industry standard and trustworthy. They align R&D and design their equipment well, including post-processing stuff.

The user interface is getting better due to a lot of feedback from users. With testing getting more complicated these days, you have to go through a lot of different drop-down menus and then go through a lot of steps. It's hard to say there is an easy solution, but of course, from the user's point of view, we would like to have something as simple as possible. The good thing about the GUI interface which is, of course, software-based, is that you can record and save your test setup very easily.

What needs improvement?

Something I'd like to see is much better documentation and some good examples. That would be very helpful for a new user to get better at using the new test equipment. Otherwise, procedure-wise, the testing is pretty repeatable.

For my applications, it's really the repeatability and the accuracy, moving forward to very high data rates. For that, we are looking at very close to the picosecond and sub-picosecond range. Accuracy and repeatability are very important for the company to achieve.

More than five years.

Technical support is pretty good. They an 800 number, but they also provide a few engineers who are dedicated to the company. So I get very good support from these individuals. We have very good working relationships.

We went with Keysight because of the brand name, quality, and I've been using it for a long time, since I was a graduate student. They have always been good in the midrange testing instruments and I have very high confidence in them.

Another thing about Keysight is that they are very generous. They provide demo units so that we can get first-hand experience and provide feedback. Then they can go back to their lab and to optimize the design for us. It has happened a couple of times that we used some early-release products to try them out and it really helped us a lot to engage in the early stages of new technologies.

Pricing always is very expensive. There's no free lunch.

What other advice do I have?

Moving forward to the next-generation of design, the support from testing is very important because you could end up in a situation that you are working on something where there is no testing instrument available. If you can work with a company that works on the leading edge, provide them with feedback and insight, that will be helpful. You will be able to start early engagement, using a solution before anybody else has a final product. My advice would be to build a very good relationship with a testing company.

The learning curve depends. In the old days it was a matter of getting used to a hardware interface. These days everything is Windows-based. Sometimes there is a learning curve there but it really depends on the user, in my opinion.

We are facing a paradigm shift here. The traditional, analog Z signal is very good and easy to implement, but when you go to higher data rates, it's not sufficient because your fundamental Nyquist frequencies are going up quite a bit. We are facing a lot of losses in the media, including the PCB packaging. What we need to do is maintain the same Nyquist frequencies, but the tradeoff is that we have to go to a different way of doing things. Analog Z would not be sufficient and we have to go to the PAN4 or PAN-N types of structures of the signals. We need to switch and it's happening now already.

I would rate this product at ten out of ten. The reliability and quality have always been there over the years that I've been using Keysight. Of course, other brands are pretty good too. It's just that I have had more experience dealing with Keysight for 20-something years.

HR
Electrical Principal Engineer at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Facilitates compliance measurements that correlate with the product specs

• "It breaks down all the parameters that we need to look at."
  • "In terms of additional capabilities, I would like to see more touchscreen and a larger screen. That would help."
  • "There is room for improvement with some of the features of the scope. I would like them to make it a bit more simplistic... For example, if I want to look at what the total jitter is, they should make it simpler to find that, with different tabs."

What is our primary use case?

I'm currently using the 86100D and I've used the 86100C as well. The "D" is the most recent one so I'm using that right now.

We use it for test and validation. We want to verify measurements in our lab to make sure for our current products that everything looks optimal, as per the specs. We make sure that whatever we're looking at, the scope can give us all the features to validate that product. We use it for Tx jitter measurements, compliance measurements for ten-gig SFP+, QSFP28, and QSFP+. That's where it really is helpful, to do compliance measurements that actually correlate with the spec.

We are utilizing the full bandwidth. We use it for all speeds greater than ten gig.

How has it helped my organization?

There was a case where I was running a simulation of a channel, the transmit channel from the switch to the connector. In simulation, my eye measurement looked great. I wanted to see what it looked like in measurement. That's when I used the Keysight tool and a host compliance board, where I plug it into the device, using cables that plug into the scope. I measured the eye diagram to see how it correlated with my simulation. That correlation was very close. That's where it helps me really understand, whatever I’m working on in design, I can manipulate that in testing as well. It's great, it correlates there.

What is most valuable?

What I do like is the customer service, and the ability for the product to give a very clear indication of what we're trying to look at it. It breaks down all the parameters that we need to look at.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is great right now. I think they could improve it slightly, make it a bit more user-friendly. Although it is user-friendly, a bit more would make it even better.

In terms of additional capabilities, I would like to see more touchscreen and a larger screen. That would help. The current scope has a decent screen size, but at times what happens is, when I'm looking at it I need to have an extra monitor. If they could somehow improve that design with a bigger screen but not make it too heavy, that would be ideal. Some products do have a bigger screen but they're heavier. Maybe they can balance that out: Make it less heavy and provide a better screen resolution, a bigger size. That would help a lot.

There is room for improvement with some of the features of the scope. I would like them to make it a bit more simplistic. It's a very good tool overall, but if they could improve those issues slightly, that would help a lot. For example, if I want to look at what the total jitter is, they should make it simpler to find that, with different tabs.

Their de-embedding feature is a very good feature, I like what it does, I think it's better than their competitors'. If they could improve that slightly too that would be nice.

More than five years.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give technical support a nine-and-a-half. They have very good technical support. They've been very responsive. Every time there has been an issue they've been very quick, giving speedy feedback.

We talked with the vendor regarding PAN4 applications, regarding the new technologies that have been coming out. They suggested what we could do to improve and what we need. The good thing was, based on the support, we were able to get everything we needed and just go from there. The traction with the scope vendor and checking what the application needs in advance and doing our own research on it helped us and provided us with our needs.

Pricing can be improved a bit. They try to make the pricing competitive but I think there are times that the competitors have good pricing. If Keysight can work on the pricing a bit more, that would help us to consider them completely, rather than the other ones.

Tektronix and LeCroy were on our shortlist. The reason we chose Keysight is that they are the most widely-used tools out there and we've been using them for a long time. And their customer service is a bit more responsive than the other vendors.

We did trials before purchasing and what we learned is that they all have regular tools, but in looking at the overall customer experience and features, Keysight was better.

What other advice do I have?

Study what you're looking at. Analyze. See if the tool is applicable to what you are trying to measure. You have to do your own research and see if the solution matches the application you're looking for and what the requirements are. Of course, there's always a price budget so that's something that you have to look at. But I would highly recommend this product. It's a good product performance-wise.

I've used the product for more than seven years. I've used it at different companies as well, not just my current company. We used sampling oscilloscopes and real-time scopes to make eye diagram measurements. You're taking signals from your device on the test and looking at what it looks like; how clean the signal generator is from the transmitter. In the past I've also used it to look at the receiver eye too where you can actually drive a signal or a backplane and then look at it on the receiver end, using the scopes.

In terms of a learning curve, when I started my career with this product it took about a year to get really familiar with the tools. After that, it was complete repetition that makes you an expert. You keep learning more things about it as time goes on with the same product and there are new features with different specs. It took at least a year to get familiar with the product but every time you learn new things, it's under six months or so.

We have no plans to use it to support IoT. It's more for networking switches.

The current solution we have in the lab is upgradable. Keysight has done a good job there where they have given us a solution where they can actually upgrade it. At the moment what we have is the latest upgrade. All it required was buying the license and upgrading the scope.

QC
Signal Integrity Engineer at a tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Gives us the accuracy, speed and high-bandwidth we need for switches and routers

• "It's accurate, fast, has high bandwidth, and the PLTS is pretty convenient."
  • "Some of the models have only two ports. It takes much longer to use a two-port. If they had a four-port, it would be much better."

What is our primary use case?

We use a 40-gigahertz network analyzer to look at in-session loss or retention loss at 28 gigahertz. For us, the solution targets high-speed switches and routers, high-speed PCB. We are measuring 400-gig Ethernet. We're definitely using the full bandwidth of the product.

How has it helped my organization?

We need the results to be repeatable. By using the Keysight network analyzer, we get pretty reliable results. We like it.

What is most valuable?

• Accurate
  • Fast
  • High-bandwidth

Also, the PLTS is pretty convenient.

More than five years.

Technical support is pretty responsive.

Keysight is on the high side. If they could make the price lower without sacrificing the quality that would be great.

We looked Tektronix, Keysight, and a few others. The reasons we went with Keysight are accuracy, reliability, and ease of use.

What other advice do I have?

Create a shortlist and have a demo with each of them. Try each one. Once you do some trials, experiments, you will know what you want to choose. There are several things we look at: One is the accuracy, the second is the reliability of the equipment, and the third is how easy it is to use.

There is no learning curve because I've been using it for so long and it's pretty simple.

The solution is field-upgradable. We may add more functionality to the PLTS.

I would rate the product at eight out of ten. It's pretty easy to use, pretty reliable. It doesn't break, so it can work in a very harsh environment. But for a lot of additional functionality, we need to pay extra. So that is where there is room for improvement.

RF
Engineer III Electrical & RF at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The PLTS and network analyzer software meet our needs but the solution is expensive

• "It does everything that I need it to with the PLTS software and the network analyzer software."
  • "The user interface can be buggy at times. But I'm an engineer, I figure out how to get around them pretty easily so that's not that much of a concern."
  • "I would like to see better post-processing data utility tools like a de-embedding."

What is our primary use case?

We're using the N5227A 67-gigahertz analyzer for signal integrity applications, the passive components.

The solution is targeting the high-speed application space for us. Since we design components, primarily connectors, it needs to be high-speed to meet all the demands a standard connector company would need to meet, like a Tyco or Amphenol.

We are measuring standard step signals, full signals. We are utilizing the full bandwidth of the product.

How has it helped my organization?

It does everything that's fundamental for SI design in general. I'm not really sure how to explain how it improved anything other than that it does exactly what I need it to do. I don't really need to add or subtract anything from what's already available.

What is most valuable?

It does everything:

• frequency
  • applications
  • time domain
  • transformation.

What needs improvement?

The user interface can be buggy at times. But I'm an engineer, I figure out how to get around them pretty easily so that's not that much of a concern. It allows me to do everything I need to do.

Technical support is pretty responsive, pretty decent.

We didn't have a previous solution.

It's very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

Be aware that there are other solutions out there that are cheaper. And if you're willing to put in the extra work to make up for the disparity between the products, I think it can be done.

There was a learning curve, but only in so far as I needed to be more familiar with signal integrity design in general. They do offer a lot of resources available to budding SI engineers. As soon as you get the basics down, you get the gist of how to use their equipment.

Our solution is field-upgradable. We plan on upgrading it, probably within the next five to ten years.

I would rank the product at seven out of ten. It does everything I need it to do, but it is really expensive and I think there are alternatives out there that I could choose that would be cheaper. But we already have the product.

Kalyan Rapolu
Applications Engineering Leader, Principal Investigator at E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
Helps us ensure our materials' performance and DKDF measurements

• "It can go up to a very high frequency, up to 120 gigahertz. And the user interface is really good. It's really easy to navigate."
  • "We tried to connect multiple computers with a KVM switch but we could not do that using Keysight VNA. Keysight VNA comes with the PC inside it. We have other equipment as well, and we tried to combine it so that we had one monitor to control everything. With Keysight we could not do it. That's something of an inconvenience."

What is our primary use case?

We use Keysight VNA to make sure of our materials' performance and DKDF measurements.

It's mainly for 5G and high-speed, high-frequency systems. VNA can be used in multiple ways. Right now we are using it to characterize our materials. But in the future, we want to make some devices, like antennas or circuits, using our materials and measure them using VNA. It has a lot of capabilities.

For us, it's mainly RF signals. Typically, we measure about 40 gigahertz or so. We are not currently using the full bandwidth but we expect to in the future.

How has it helped my organization?

The measurements that the network and laser do are very important for us because DuPont is a materials company and we need to know the performance of our materials at high frequencies. This is the way to measure that, using the VNA.

What is most valuable?

It can go up to a very high frequency, up to 120 gigahertz. And the user interface is really good. It's really easy to navigate.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see it go to higher frequencies at the same price.

Also, we tried to connect multiple computers with a KVM switch but we could not do that using Keysight VNA. Keysight VNA comes with the PC inside it. We have other equipment as well, and we tried to combine it so that we had one monitor to control everything. With Keysight we could not do it. That's something of an inconvenience.

Less than one year.

Technical support is very helpful. They have a local technical office up here in Santa Clara. They can come anytime we call them and they'll support us.

We didn't have a previous solution, but we did some investigation with our internal DuPont colleagues and also talked to experts to determine the right solution and we selected this one.

It's expensive, but the quality matters.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend trying this product. It's a really reliable and high-performance machine.

In terms of a learning curve on the equipment, I had some training on the VNA before we purchased it, so for me training was done within a week or so. It was not really hard. But for colleagues, it took them some time to learn it.

Upgrades are always welcome. Apart from VNA, we need to purchase all the fixtures, other equipment to connect to VNA. They are very expensive tools, and that's part of upgrading what we are doing in the lab.

The solution, performance-wise is a ten out of ten. Price-wise, it's a six out of ten.

RN
Project Hardware Engineer at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
The application utilities loaded on the scope help debug different protocols

• "I use the serial decoder for the serial interfaces, which helps me debug my product quickly."
  • "Everybody is looking for more automation support, so that if they can incorporate more protocols. It makes it easier."

What is our primary use case?

I use it with connected devices, like IoT, in the lab to validate, verify, or design.

With this scope, we are measuring: Internet signals, media signals, PCIe, USB signals, and some other low-speed serial interfaces.

How has it helped my organization?

The DDR Utilities that I have used on the scope speed up my debugging process. Similarly, I use the serial decoder for the serial interfaces, which helps me debug my product quickly.

What is most valuable?

The application utilities loaded on the scope help debug different protocols.

I like the Keysight user interface very much. It's based on the PC model. So, that's why we are using the PC all the time. We don't need to remember anything, as everything seems familiar.

What needs improvement?

People are always going for higher bandwidth and better probing solutions. It needs more flexible probing solutions, especially for the complex ICs.

Cost is also a factor on one of the DDRs. I was trying to buy an interpolar so that I can hook up all the probes and have them rerun one time. However, that was quite costly. If I had to do a single or double debugging, then I maybe would spend time soldering each bar rather than using that because it was costly.

I do plan to take advantage of the upgrade whenever we are having an upcoming project as it's really good. Then, I don't have to buy new equipment. I just need to upgrade it.

We use it with about 900,000 CDs.

We sometimes utilize the full bandwidth of the product.

The technical support is very easy to reach. I have contacted them a few times regarding the feature usage. These were for additional compatible solutions that I needed to purchase, and they were always very responsive to my requests.

While I don't have transparency on the pricing, it works within my budget.

We evaluated Keysight, Tektronix, and Anritsu.

We trialed Keysight and learned about the tool. We learned that we would be able to make use of it in the way that we were envisioning, and it supports all of those things that we wanted.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very nice product. Whatever feature that I was looking for, it was within my budget. It was affordable. I can upgrade it later, if necessary. Plus, if something with an initial option was going out of my budget, they offered to give me something like a refurbished model. This made it worthwhile because the other option I explored was way beyond my budget, and I simply could not get approval for that additional amount of money.

Always reach out to the area manager or application engineer to show your interest. They are able to hook you up with the right technical application engineer, who can understand what you are trying to do, then recommend what are the best possible solutions and give you a demo for you to feel comfortable. It is also good for them to show you the features.

While it's more intuitive than other scopes, there is a little longer learning curve. I do consider it quick to learn.

It is targeted towards embedded systems and controller cards, like USB and PCIe.

MM
System Engineer at Inphi Corporation
Enables us to measure 100-gigabit per second PAM-4 signals

• "The user interface has never been better. They improved it a few years ago with a more modern oscilloscope interface and it's easier to use, even for more junior people in our lab."
  • "I would like be able to measure multi-lane simultaneously. Right now, the high-performance jitter solution measures one signal. I would like to capture many at the same time."

What is our primary use case?

We are measuring eye diagrams of the eyes of high-speed PAM signaling. It's the primary reference for measuring the quality of our transmitted signal, so we're using it to validate that we made the correct chip and that our circuits are working as expected.

They're 100-gigabit per second PAM-4 signals and they're enabling the data center and high-speed wireless connectivity. We're utilizing the full bandwidth of the product.

For us, the solution is targeting 5G, high-speed serial, and embedded systems. For example, in 5G, we're using the optical, we're measuring T.Q, or some fancy optical output. And for the embedded system, we're measuring the electrical performance, usually over some sort of backplane.

What needs improvement?

The room for improvement is the cost. It's always too expensive. And it's an industry-wide problem to correlate the measurements with real system performance on an oscilloscope.

More than five years.

They have an 800 number you call and they answer it day or night. And then, many of the engineers are in my Rolodex so I'll just call them directly and say, "What's up?"

The cost is always a struggle. We always wish that we could do more for less.

At our particular company, there's a very decent volume agreement between Keysight and my corporation, so that influences a lot. But we also extensively use the Tektronix as well as the LeCroy.

We did do trials/demos of the products on our shortlist before purchasing and what we learned was that demos never go as expected.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to get the demos because everyone's application tends to be different. Sometimes it's the fixturing, or sometimes you realize some things in particular that make a difference for your needs. It's hard, just in theory, to know.

There's very much a learning curve. It's hard for me to talk about it in detail because I have used the tool for over 20 years, so as it evolves, I evolve too. Since the very beginning of time I've used many different solutions for measuring, starting off with HP then finally going to Keysight. It's always been a reference measurement method.

The solution is not field upgradable, typically. You need to buy a new one to go faster.

This product is a ten out of ten. The DCA-X is the industry standard. It's hard to get better.

AC
EMI/RFI Sr. Staff Engineer at Huawei Technologies
The accuracy, embedding, and calibration system are all key features for us

• "The user interface is nice. It describes the output well, so it's easy to use."
  • "I would like to see the possibility of interacting with the software, new features for software post-processing. For example, once you're done measuring, it would be nice to be able to generate some data starting from the measurement data."

What is our primary use case?

We use it mostly for experimental measurements.

The space we use it in is high-speed and some instances of 5G as well. But we use it mostly for high-speed serial links. We are mostly measuring signal integrity and S-parameters. We're not using full bandwidth yet. We're still at lower speeds, but very soon we may be using the full bandwidth.

We use it to support connected devices as well. I can't go into details, but it's part of the internet of things. In my company we are trying to create a connected world. That is one of our main goals. There are different products located in different places and we want them all to be connected. This can definitely be useful to design and to include them.

How has it helped my organization?

We have done some measurements and also correlated with simulation and we were able to obtain a good match, so that's a good indication of the accuracy.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features include the

• accuracy
  • embedding
  • calibration system.

Also, the user interface is nice. It describes the output well, so it's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Technical support is very good. We received onsite support when there was an issue.

We didn't switch. Even in my previous company we were also using the same type of instrument, the same company. It was a little bit different application, different model, but similar.

It would be good if it were a little bit cheaper, of course.

The product is really satisfying. There are very few companies that they do the same, so there are not too many competitors. Keysight is very well known in the industry, in terms of accuracy and support. There are a few, but not too many, that you can choose from.

We did not do a trial beforehand in this case because we already had the VNA all over and we wanted to expand the bandwidth.

What other advice do I have?

I would certainly recommend that colleagues use the same solution for their application.

I don't remember at the moment which model we're using, but it's the one with the highest bandwidth for the VNA.

There is a little bit of a learning curve but it's not too difficult because there is good support. I had some previous experience and it took me a few days to start and then, to get a little bit more familiar, took a few weeks.

In terms of field-upgradability, there a possibility by changing the software to add new features and we want to take advantage of that. For example, I know that the VNA can be also a spectrum analyzer, so we want to try to take advantage of that without buying another instrument. It will enable us to use it for two purposes.

YS
Technologist at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides us with a one-stop solution, ease of use, and good support

• "It's a one-stop solution. It does everything we need. The combined functionality is the biggest benefit."
  • "There is room for improvement in the upgradeability of the products. When we buy a platform, we would like that platform to survive two or three generations, because it is very expensive. If they could provide a more modular type of design, so if we want to upgrade one functionality then we could upgrade that module, rather than all the equipment, that would be helpful. That modularity is something we would like to see."

What is our primary use case?

We use them for experimental measurements.

What is most valuable?

Since this equipment does a lot of different things, it's hard to say what is most valuable. It's a one-stop solution. It does everything we need. The combined functionality is the biggest benefit.

Regarding the user interface, since we are so familiar with it, it's easy to work with.

What needs improvement?

The biggest challenge for us is getting to higher frequencies, higher data rates. The higher-data product is always more expensive so if it could be cheaper for high-frequency measurement, that is what we would ideally want.

There is room for improvement in the upgradability of the products. When we buy a platform, we would like that platform to survive two or three generations, because it is very expensive. If they could provide a more modular type of design, so if we want to upgrade one functionality then we could upgrade that module, rather than all the equipment, that would be helpful. That modularity is something we would like to see.

More than five years.

Keysight has been very helpful, their technical support is great.

We did not switch to this product from something else. Some equipment works up to 30 gigahertz. When we started developing the newer product, which has higher frequencies, obviously we needed to buy the newer generation. When we made those changes we evaluated different vendors.

We are looking at $600,000 and it's obviously expensive, but compared to others, everybody is in the same ballpark.

It is between Tektronix, Keysight, and LeCroy. Those are the three we look at.

We did trials and learned about the features, how easy to use the products are, how consistent the data measurements are, and things like that.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to evaluate the Keysight product.

In our company we have been using the Keysight equipment for at least 15 years. We use many different versions so I do not remember specific model numbers but we use a lot of the scopes, as well as PPD.

Technology advances in this field so we are always in a learning curve because there is always new technology, new products, new features come out.

I would rate this product at eight out of ten because of the features, ease of use, and the support.

CK
Signal and Power Integrity Technical Manager at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Comes with an effective calibration kit and a very good, graphical user interface

• "The user interface is very good, very graphical. It provides a lot of help in using and operating it."
  • "Every component has a manufacturing tolerance. I hope Keysight software can help with the tolerance loss in manufacturing variance, which can be ten percent or five percent. In the real world, we cannot fire a really perfect test with very smooth impedance. I would like to see Keysight provide a solution to solve the issue of loss of manufacturing variance."

What is our primary use case?

We use this for testing our product and also for doing major maintenance, simulation correlation.

For example, we design a test for what we call our channel test vehicle. We have a simulation result according to our structure, such as a BGA footprint. Then we use the channel test vehicle, and test with Keysight VNA so we can compare the result with our simulation.

For us, the solution is targeting high-speed serial, like I/O ports, things like a 25-gigabit per second signaling array. We use it for a lot of I/O components and connector cable qualification. We utilize the full bandwidth.

What is most valuable?

It's very convenient because once we set up everything, we just queue our test plan and then are able to do whatever we want: embed with the key size and the PLOTS auto fix removal. And it has a good calibration kit. It's very convenient to use.

What needs improvement?

I wish they would improve the Embed function in the current product because, as the frequencies go up, we see a lot of diversity because of effects in the test feature. So I hope they will provide better technology to solve the test feature diversity which affects our test results. We don't want the test feature effect in our measurements.

Also, every component has a manufacturing tolerance. I hope Keysight software can help with the tolerance loss in manufacturing variance, which can be ten percent or five percent. In the real world, we cannot fire a really perfect test with very smooth impedance. I would like to see Keysight provide a solution to solve the issue of loss of manufacturing variance.

Regarding the solution being field-upgradable, it is, but I think we need something beyond that. We need to expand to 60 or 70 gigahertz or even higher, perhaps up to 100 gigahertz.

More than five years.

They have very good technical support. Their local sales representative usually comes to our office and does demos. If we have any technical issues they will either be onsite or solve our question over the internet.

We went with this solution because with our high speed, and the rates going up, we definitely need more high-speed equipment and that goes with this equipment. This is a very high, cutting-edge area. For our industry, we have a cutting-edge signaling array. We want to have the most advanced equipment and Keysight is a well-known name in the industry.

We did a trial and learned its capabilities, what the frequency goes to, and the calibration procedure to make sure the measurements are good at such high frequency.

In terms of a learning curve for the product, I'm very familiar with this product because I have used it for a long time. I know how to operate it. The only learning for me is every time there is a new software release, like auto fix removal, if there is any new functionality, I need to familiarize myself with that, but that's all. It generally takes just a couple of days to figure it out.

It's very expensive because this type of equipment is not so common. For a company buying it, this is a big investment.

What other advice do I have?

Review case studies from the manufacturers' data sheets and compare their price and their performance. In the high-speed area there are a lot of data that need to be considered, such as your dynamic range for the equipment and the noise level. We need very high accuracy, so it's better to compare before buying from any supplier.

I have been using this product for at least ten years. Already in my third year of my PhD I was using Keysight, although I don't think it was called Keysight at the time. In terms of the model I'm using currently, I don't remember the type and specific model number but I know it's a 50 gigahertz VNA, from 300 kilohertz to 50 gigahertz.

I would rate this product at eight out of ten because the equipment is very expensive, it's very high-end. But it is very accurate equipment. Keysight is a leader in this area.

TP
Senior Signal Integrity Engineer at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Their software and hardware are integrated, but I would like more accuracy, particularly for multiport measurements

• "Their software and hardware are integrated, so we don't have to spend a lot of time processing the data."
  • "Sometimes, it's quite hard to get the technical support to come onsite. If we run into a hardware, measurement, or software issue, we may have to wait a long time for them to come."
  • "I would like more accuracy, particularly for multiport measurements."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for R&D and production testing. We currently have a few models. We have a 26 gig with 32 ports. We also have 40 gig and 67 gig models.

I'm an SI engineer. We use Keysight equipment almost six hours everyday, making a lot of measurements.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

I am not really impressed with the GUI since it has not changed in almost 20 years (since I first began using the product). While the GUI part is okay, I can live with it. I would like more accuracy, particularly for multiport measurements.

More than five years.

Sometimes, it's quite hard to get the technical support to come onsite. If we run into a hardware, measurement, or software issue, we may have to wait a long time for them to come.

We have been with Keysight for many years.

We just upgraded our system from 40 gigahertz to 67 gigahertz. We just recently bought one.

The major factor influencing the decision-makers is the price.

Keysight is one of the very original companies who developed measurement equipment, so we've been stuck with them for long time.

What other advice do I have?

We are doing high-speed copper cable measurement at about 112 gigabit per second requiring bandwidth at about 40 to 50 gigahertz.

The majority of our products are connected devices.

We are currently using it for 56G ANSI, 56G PAM-4, and 112G PAM-4. These are our three main signals. We are utilizing the full bandwidth of the product.

Keysight equipment is very popular.

Lorenzo Forni
EMC Engineer at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Leaderboard
The user interface is very simple. Everyone can use it.

• "Its versatility and accuracy are the most valuable features."
  • "The user interface is very simple. Everyone can use it."
  • "They can improve, but I don't know how."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Keysight Oscilloscopes and software for assimilations.

How has it helped my organization?

Their new features are very useful for our jobs and workflows because they are very accurate.

What is most valuable?

Its versatility and accuracy are the most valuable features.

The user interface is very simple. Everyone can use it.

What needs improvement?

They can improve, but I don't know how.

Three to five years.

We are utilizing the full bandwidth of the product.

I don't know if its upgradable for our parts. I think we use all of the features that can be used.

We have often needed technical support often. They were always ready to help us. They have been very useful.

If you need help, there is always someone who will help you.

The pricing is good for what they offer.

Once we knew that we needed this type of software, we decided on Keysight.

What other advice do I have?

I suggest looking over their use case site.

We are using it to connect IoT to our products.

We're measuring high-speed signals, like USB, PCI Plus, HDMI, DDR, memories, power rails, etc.

The application space the solution targets is embedded systems. For example, an embedded PC for industry automation, including wellness in strength machines or bicycles.

JL
Design Methodology and Technical Support at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
The learning curve is usually really quick

• "While it depends on the field, the learning curve is usually really quick."
  • "The integration between different software and hardware panels could be improved. In the software, it's not as strong as the other solutions."

How has it helped my organization?

With telecommunications. The protocol standard needs to be created, then it uses 4G or some type of 5G for preliminary spec. Afterwards, we can create a pattern, major it, then we can see some of the IDOCs run or have some of the special masks to test it.

What is most valuable?

While it depends on the field, the learning curve is usually really quick.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is getting better. A graphical interface would be good, but having been a test engineer previously, it is nice to have some script programming.

They should have more training resources accessible.

Usually, we don't ask too much of the technical support.

There are a lot of secondhand models in the market, so that is how we first accessed it. Then, we bought the newer version after that.

We did do a demo with the company first.

If we rented the product, it would be more affordable than buying new. I would like it to be more affordable.

What other advice do I have?

The application space the solution targets is usually telecommunications, like 4G and 5G.

We are measuring RX and TX signals.

Sumanth Raja
Machine Learning Engineer at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Leaderboard

• "It's easier to automate and connect with multiple devices, and at the same time with laptops."
  • "While the user interface is good with respect to instrumentation, but with respect to documentation, I do not like it. Its documentation is slightly bad. It was not organized properly. The way it's organized is very difficult to understand, so it takes lot of time to search for one thing in particular."

What is our primary use case?

I automate these devices for the other persons to use and take measurements. Our current model is a VNA machine.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The ACPA comments for automation testing.

What needs improvement?

While the user interface is good with respect to instrumentation, but with respect to documentation, I do not like it. Its documentation is slightly bad. It was not organized properly. The way it's organized is very difficult to understand, so it takes lot of time to search for one thing in particular.

Less than one year.

We are utilizing the full bandwidth of the product.

I have not contacted technical support as of now.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to use it manually and automate it, it's easy. However, for automation, if the documentation was better, it would decrease your time using it. At first, you need to read the documentation, or if you want to search for any particular thing, it takes lot of time. So, you need to invest a lot of money to start this. If someone has some experience with Keysight, then it would be easier.

We are measuring signals mostly related to switching, like networking. The type of signals that we are measuring are signalling integrity.

I don't think it's being used for connection devices. I have seen past developments, and it's mostly used for taking measurements on the board to check how it works.

RZ
Technologist at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
It improves the functionality of our products and the products that I design

• "Its 4 port has true differential with quite a few de-embedding features. It goes up to 40 GHz with high performance."
  • "The user interface is not that good. It's not very intuitive. It's functional, but it's not designed for ease of operation. It's designed for functionality."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Keysight for characterization.

The signals that I'm evaluating are basic analog signals for hard disk drives.

How has it helped my organization?

It improves the functionality of our products and the products that I design. It does this every day. I use it for characterization every day, and it directly helps.

What is most valuable?

Its 4 port has true differential with quite a few de-embedding features. It goes up to 40 GHz with high performance.

What needs improvement?

There was a long learning curve. It's a bit difficult to get used to, so it took about six months to really fully get up to speed with it.

The user interface is not that good. It's not very intuitive. It's functional, but it's not designed for ease of operation. It's designed for functionality. Interface could be improved a bit. It could be a bit easier to use.

Three to five years.

One thing that should be improved is how reliable the product is. I have found it to be very unreliable. It breaks down a lot. That is one feature I'm definitely not happy about.

I am utilizing the full bandwidth of the product.

It will become upgradable if the hardware becomes more reliable, then I would take advantage of it. While I can't think of any other functionality that they can add, as it's pretty good as is, the reliability is the main thing for me.

I have contacts within Keysight. They usually give us evaluation hardware. They're pretty good about it.

We were using a previous solution. It was bulky. It did not have good de-embedding features, so we found out about a newer solution, and there was enough value to switch.

The pricing is on the high side.

We also looked at LeCroy and Anritsu. However, Keysight was overall an excellent package.

We did demo Keysight before choosing it and learned it was functional.

What other advice do I have?

The functionality is excellent, but the reliability is poor.

The application space that the solution is targeting is PC components: hard disk drives.

We are not using this product to support connected devices.

JX
Engineer at a tech company with 51-200 employees
It can capture the jitter very quickly and provide some statistical analysis

• "The user interface is very user-friendly. You can use a lot of functions in their scope and will provide them for you. You can update the scope's software by asking Keysight to update the software when you want."
  • "I would like more customized functions, so we can do the programming and definitions ourselves. There is an automation flow to capture this signal, and we would like to do this ourselves."

What is our primary use case?

I'm using Keysight VNA, Oscilloscopes, and Spectrum Analyzer. The oscilloscope is mostly used for Keysight because they have a very high resolution and very high memory digs. They also can capture the signal reading at a very high signal read. We regularly go to 100 gigabits so we can capture a lot of signal for Keysight.

How has it helped my organization?

They changed a lot of the workflows, especially for the statistical analysis. They provided simplicity in the design, and we can ask for we want in futures designs. The statistical analysis is very good in the Keysight software.

What is most valuable?

The jitter management from Keysight is very smart. It can capture the jitter very quickly and provide some statistical analysis, which is awesome.

What needs improvement?

Signalling integration has room for improvement.

I would like more customized functions, so we can do the programming and definitions ourselves. There is an automation flow to capture this signal, and we would like to do this ourselves. If we could get a lot of the data automatically, then maybe we could get some machine learning stuff.

More than five years.

We are measuring many signals in one system (approximately 100).

With some features, you cannot use them as you want because the product is very specialized.

We have upgraded the scope and Keysight has given us more solutions.

If I need technical support, I can contact the account manager or architectural engineer for information, and they will give me support very quickly.

I have always used Keysight.

Most people use Keysight. but some people use Tektronix, Teledyne, or Rockworth, because they have other needs. For example, Teledyne provides more high resolution scope, and for Rockworth, their spectrum analysis is very easy to use. Tektronix is very good at end log power management.

We did a trial of Keysight before purchasing it.

What other advice do I have?

We always are sharing this solution with our peers and colleagues.

The solution is targeting high-speed serial applications. For high-speed signal designs, you need to get the eye diagram beautiful.

The learning curve of the solution depends on the quality of the material. Some things take a day or two to get acclimated, and others take a year or two.

I am working on some larger devices, so I don't plan on using it for IoT. Though some of our department using it for IoT, I don't have any details.