Kofax RPA Overview

Kofax RPA is the #12 ranked solution in our list of best RPA tools. It is most often compared to UiPath: Kofax RPA vs UiPath

What is Kofax RPA?

Eliminate Errors by Automating Data Gathering and Input

Reduce error-prone, manual data entry and complete processes the same way, every time, resulting in more accurate, reliable outcomes. Automate virtually any activity that involves accessing and acting on information.

Increase Operational Efficiency with Intelligent Software Robots

Streamline the collection of important business data so you can stop draining your budget and resources. Infuse speed, intelligence, efficiency and quality into your business processes while freeing up your employees for more valuable work.

Lower Development Costs without the Need for Coding

Develop robotic automation processes to automatically run complex integrations and access any web data source without the need for costly and time-consuming coding. Efficiently complete automation projects that have been previously delayed due to more pressing needs.

Extend the Value of Business Process Automation (BPM) Solutions

Deploy robotic process automation (RPA) tactically within a business unit to meet your specific goals for a part of or the entire process. Run RPA as complementary to your business management (BPM) and case management platforms—using robots at various steps within a larger set of key business processes to further eliminate manual work.

Monitor and Optimize Processes with Robotic Process Intelligence

Proactively monitor and optimize the health of your robotic process automation platform with Kapow Robotic Process Intelligence. Monitor trends, ensure compliance, detect potential problems in real time and maximize the productivity of your digital workforce.

Kofax RPA is also known as Kofax Kapow, Kapow.

Kofax RPA Buyer's Guide

Download the Kofax RPA Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Kofax RPA Customers
Aetna, BNP Paribas, Citi, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, ING, Aviva, Humana, Willis, Merck, University Hospitals, CardinalHealth, American Red Cross, Alegri, Capita
Kofax RPA Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Kofax RPA pricing:
  • "The normal price for an on-premises license is €50,000. That's the price for one robot license. You can have more than one robot license but only one can be run at any one time. I believe the cost of adding a second robot is around €14,000."

Kofax RPA Reviews

reviewer1166328
CEO at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
Nov 24, 2019
Has everything centralized and constantly thinks of the large corporations that use their robots

What is our primary use case?

I'm the company CEO and chief engineer. We partner with RPA, selling the product, marketing and implementing it. We have several customers who use RPA for different applications. Some use it for financial needs. Another uses RPA to obtain information from employees who deal with external customers. They insert relevant data and the accounts department is then able to invoice the customer. Prior to this, it was all done manually. RPA has provided us with a tool for mobile phones that allows data input to be sent directly to the head office. RPA takes care of the process, it's all automated… more »

• "The best part of Kofax is that they have a whole concept. It's one product, but also has extra elements that can be integrated."
  • "I'd like to see a recording function and a more simple interface."

What other advice do I have?

I think the product itself is very simple. The Kofax RPA concept is a little different from that of other similar products on the market. We have a centralized system which means that whereas other products are coming from the desktop robotic side, in the case of Kofax, they constantly think of the large corporations that are using their robots. For some customers, it's very important that everything is centralized. And of course that's an important issue but then, of course, it brings challenges when you are trying to create the desktop robot. I would rate the product an eight out of 10. It's…
reviewer1243365
Co-Founder & VP at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Jan 28, 2020
Very good drag and drop functionality but needs orchestration and needs to offer more scalability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to automate a process, be it in any middle office, back office, center office or IT office. It covers all four quadrants.

• "The drag and drop functionality is quite good."
  • "The solution needs to be scalable."

What other advice do I have?

I am a co-founder of a tech company. We are into robotics process automation, as well as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science. So we've been working on across multiple tools available in the market, be it the top front lineup, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath, Kryon, WinAutomation, etc. I'm not an end-user of the products; my team is around me to pick up on capabilities and learn how to apply them in terms of solving automation issues. We have been working very closely with three or four prominent players in the market and we have the capabilities in house to…
Learn what your peers think about Kofax RPA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,495 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Karel Frank Artist
IT Adviseur SCD / RPA Consultant / Blockchain Consultant at DAPP.Design
Mar 21, 2020
A stable solution for service desk processes, but better education is needed and a community should be formed

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant and this is a solution that I was working with for one of my clients. They are conducting a comparison of products, doing a proof of concept for each one. The Kofax RPA is being tested to help with service desk operations.

• "This is a stable platform and we did not encounter any big problems."
  • "It needs a free training portal for anybody on the internet to use so that they can get an idea of what the possibilities are."

What other advice do I have?

In my opinion, when it comes to products and technologies, one is not better than the other. For example, even in a discussion about operating systems and whether macOS is better than Microsoft Windows, I don't think that one is superior. What you really have to look at are the requirements. Once those have been determined then it is possible to compare products and make a choice. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
KofaxRPA677
Sharepoint 2010 Specialist at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Reseller
Jul 2, 2019
Offers advanced automation of business processes with a reasonable licensing cost

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Kofax RPA is to automate our aviation business processes.

• "The features that we have found the most valuable are the integration of different third-party support and productivity services."
  • "This product has room for improvement in support of aviation. The interface could be improved in the next release."

What other advice do I have?

Kofax RPA is very handy. They make your processes very valuable. On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this product the best, a ten.
reviewer1352985
Branch Manager at a logistics company with 10,001+ employees
Oct 4, 2020
Nothing really makes this product stand out from the competition although it is stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use it to automate manual tasks.

• "It is stable and scalable."
  • "There is really nothing special about the capabilities of this product."
  • "Exception handling needs to be improved."
  • "The product needs more AI capabilities."

What other advice do I have?

I think your choice for an RPA solution depends on what the issues are that you are looking to resolve. If someone is using other Kofax products, they might have some advantages in using this solution. Other than that, I think that there are other tools on the market which may be better to work with for automation. On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten ins the best), I would rate this product as a five-out-of-ten.
Cheryl Young
Information Governance Project Manager at Western Integrated Systems
Apr 1, 2019
The end user only has to click once to preserve the entire email conversation

What is our primary use case?

Transparent, one-click end-user compliance with email retention management at the conversation thread level in Exchange and Office 365.

How has it helped my organization?

Compliance with business record retention requirements is at 93.3%, as of January 2019.

What is most valuable?

The end user only has to click once to preserve the entire email conversation.

What needs improvement?

Concatenation of error messages.

Download our free Kofax RPA Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.