Kronos Workforce Central Software [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Kronos Workforce Central Software [EOL]?
The Kronos Workforce Central® suite of workforce management solutions are purpose-built for your industry to help drive business outcomes by engaging your employees, controlling labor costs, increasing productivity, and minimizing compliance risk. Manage your workforce on a proven cloud platform that is secure, scalable, and mobile — allowing you to do business when or where you choose to access its power.

Kronos Workforce Central Software [EOL] is also known as Kronos Manager.

Download the Benefits Administration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Kronos Workforce Central Software [EOL] Customers
Finish Line, Rock Bottom
Kronos Workforce Central Software [EOL] Video

Archived Kronos Workforce Central Software [EOL] Reviews (more than two years old)

RO
IT Manager at Soporte Antivirus Ltda
Has a simple interface, is easy to use, and has good stability

What is most valuable?

It's really easy to use and has a simple interface.

What needs improvement?

The networking could use improvement.

Stability is good.

Scalability is just fine. We have fifty users, most of them are admin roles.

Their technical support is very good. They are very helpful.

The initial setup was complex. The deployment took one day.

The price is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

What is most valuable?

It's really easy to use and has a simple interface.

What needs improvement?

The networking could use improvement.

Stability is good.

Scalability is just fine. We have fifty users, most of them are admin roles.

Their technical support is very good. They are very helpful.

The initial setup was complex. The deployment took one day.

The price is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Senior Business Analyst at a hospitality company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Some of the valuable features are genies, HyperFind queries, and navigators.

What is most valuable?

• Technical side: The level of detail (building blocks) in configuration (setup) makes it scalable and secure on a functional level, as well as on a data level.
  • Functional side: Genies, HyperFind queries, Navigators (Workspaces and Wizards) are some of the great features.

How has it helped my organization?

With Navigators, managers can now do their routine job of approving timecards in a step-by-step wizard which saves a lot of their time.

What needs improvement?

Reports are not properly designed.

Getting reports/data without having to measure performance (KPIs) has no value. One of the most essential requirement for us is to have a variance report for comparing Actual hours (FTEs) with Same Period Last Year, Schedule and Target (Budget) which is not available. In fact, there isn’t any option to store budgeted numbers. We use other tools to generate this report after downloading data from Kronos.

Regarding user-friendliness, the reports we generate has multiple fields concatenated in one column upon opening in Excel and it takes time to manually parse and separate out columns for further use.

I have used this product for three to four years.

Due to the cloud solution (managed by Kronos), we faced connectivity issues on numerous occasions in the past, which were eventually fixed.

We did not have any scalability issues.

3/10

I would give technical support a rating of 3/10. A lot of the time, their technical support person did not understand the issue. They need to train their support team well.

I joined the company after implementation.

The pricing and licensing models are standard and similar to any other timekeeping solution.

What other advice do I have?

Getting comprehensive knowledge of the product is necessary prior to implementation. The tool has a lot of features that can be configured before implementation according to the business requirements.

Find out what your peers are saying about UKG, Workday, SAP and others in Benefits Administration. Updated: October 2021.
542,267 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user627039
Kronos Solutions Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The advanced scheduler helps to ensure proper staffing. Employees get satisfaction utilizing employee self-service.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

With the advanced scheduler, manual processes can be eliminated.

I have used Kronos for twelve years.

Doesn't every system have stability issues?

Support quality varies depending on the experience level of the representative answering the call. I would give them a rating of 1-4/5.

We did not have a previous solution.

The setup was complex. There are numerous system settings. I'm comfortable with the FAP setup, but this area is very complex.

The licensing is very expensive, in addition to the cost of the product.

We also looked at API.

What other advice do I have?

Attend the classes for exposure, but you will learn so much through exploring and testing the products yourself.

The organization map for advanced scheduler should be thoroughly discussed and agreed upon before any build takes place.

Sr. IT Systems Administrator at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
The flexibility in configuration is this product’s most valuable feature. Licenses are expensive.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility in configuration is this product’s most valuable feature.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to address non-exempt employees working alternate work schedules - 9/80 with accurate FLSA calculations.

What needs improvement?

We are still on a Java platform and that causes issues.

I have used various version of WFC since 2008.

Hardware and client PC specifications must be exact.

Licenses are expensive.

Technical support is awesome. I give them a 9/10.

It was all…

What is most valuable?

The flexibility in configuration is this product’s most valuable feature.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

We are still on a Java platform and that causes issues.

I have used various version of WFC since 2008.

Hardware and client PC specifications must be exact.

Licenses are expensive.

Technical support is awesome. I give them a 9/10.

It was all paper previously.

Initial setup was both straightforward and complex. It was straightforward because we knew what we wanted and needed, but the actual configuration was complex.

Be very careful and make sure you have enough licenses, but WFC can be expensive.

We evaluated other options, but I’m not sure which ones.

What other advice do I have?

Become very knowledgeable and ask questions, think outside the box.

Payroll Coordinator at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
We've been able to bring all payroll functions back in-house, although the implementation online training classes were slow.

What is most valuable?

The report feature has been a valuable asset for us. Kronos has many canned reports and we have found that they meet our needs.

Our employees enjoy the employee self-service for access to their information.

We were seeking a product that all functions could interface and Kronos has done that for us.

How has it helped my organization?

We were using an outside payroll company and decided to bring everything in-house. We wanted to own our own data for any use we wanted and instant access.

Even though we brought all functions back in-house we are actually spending less time on actual processing.

What needs improvement?

None that we see at this time. Kronos is very timely and their expertise is very good. They have a staff that keeps up with payroll changes.

timekeeping - 16 years

Work Force Central for 5 years

The only issue that we had with implementation was the on-line training classes. We felt that they were a little slow. The class has to go as slow as the slowest participant and that can be frustrating if you want to go faster.

None. Kronos is very reliable and the system has never gone down. If we need something from support, they are very timely to get it fixed.

None. Kronos adapts to whatever scale you need. One of the reasons we purchased Kronos is that we would be able to add components in the future if we needed to expand our use.

Customer service is excellent. Their website is very helpful. You can take additional training or ask questions and get immediate answers.

Out biggest delight has been how good Global Support is. They always respond in a very timely fashion, answer our situation and often spend time teaching us more about our system.

Yes, we used a payroll service. As stated before we wanted to own our own data. If we needed a specific report, we had to request it, wait for it and pay extra. Now we can generate our own reports as needed.

We wanted a total system that all functions would interact. Kronos fits that requirement.

Straightforward. My advice to anyone interested in Kronos is to make sure you know exactly what you want the end product to be and to know all your policies and procedures. We were able to save a lot of time because we knew what we wanted and could communicate that to our team. They could go as fast as we could provide them the information.

We used a vendor team. We would meet weekly for a phone conference to make sure everyone was on the same page.

All of the team members were very expert in their area. They were always professional and polite.

Unknown at this time. We were more concerned with having an accurate payroll and report function. We have been pleased because Kronos does what it says it will do.

Look at your overall cost over the life of the product. Kronos seems a little expensive at first but you will be able to use it for as long as you want. They keep the product up to date with changes as needed. We felt it would pay for itself in the long run.

We loved at a couple of others but they could not provide the solutions we needed.

We also looked at staying with our vendor and adding other components. However when we really saw the products side by side we realized that they were using the Kronos. Why not just go direct?

What other advice do I have?

Do it. You will love Kronos as we do.

Spend some time determining what you want to get from your system. They can set up some individual reports and functions as you need them to be.

it_user4851
Infrastructure Expert at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
Poor user experience, lowers the security of your environment

Valuable Features:

I can't think of any pros for this product.

Room for Improvement:

Poor user experience. Web based, but requires old version of Java on the desktop which is a security nightmare. Confusing reports.

Other Advice:

This review is in relation to Kronos Workforce Central 6.0

Valuable Features:

I can't think of any pros for this product.

Room for Improvement:

Other Advice:

This review is in relation to Kronos Workforce Central 6.0