Ethernet Switches Questions
May 02 2021
Until now, I have been using a Cisco Catalyst 2960 switch. But now I'm considering changing it to a D-Link one.
Would you recommend me doing this change? If so, why?
Apr 18 2021
I'm researching the following two Ethernet switches: Juniper EX4300-32F and Alcatel OS6860-24 and I'm looking at their performance, price, and stackable capabilities.
Which one would you choose based on those criteria?
Mar 25 2021
I'm looking to compare Cisco Ethernet Switches with Huawei Ethernet Switches.
Which one is better and why? What about their pricing?
Mar 25 2021
We are redoing Wi-Fi and the related Ethernet switches to support it. We're moving from Cisco environment and considering Aruba 515, w/CX6400 Cisco Meraki or possible on-prem Wi-Fi controller, Arista Mojo, or Extreme Networks ExtremeCloud IQ.
Mar 12 2021
I am trying to determine if we need to specify and justify the cost for FM200 fire suppression.
Client has about 24 sites each with a computer equipment room containing anywhere from 3 to 5 racks with 3-4 Dell and HP servers, CIsco network switches, patch panels, UPS and batteries. Many of these locations will go to unstaffed in the future.
Jan 30 2021
Can one use netgear nighthawk router and modem with Ubiquiti Unifi WAP, POE enabled switches, and home security?
Use case: use existing Netgear products in home network
Home network: LAN, WAN, managed network both wired and wireless
Security: POE cameras, doorbell, PC's
Room for growth -- server, local cloud storage
Jan 30 2021
I'm researching switches. Which do you recommend - Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access vs Cisco Catalyst?
Jan 26 2021
I'm looking for a competitive comparison of the different models of managed and unmanaged switches from Netgear and Luxul. Can anyone help?
What sort of network would benefit from switch stacking? Are there any drawbacks to taking this approach? What would be an alternative to stack switches?
What are port forwarding and port triggering typically used for?
I'm a Pre-sales and Project Management Engineer at a small consultancy. We are looking for an alternative to the Juniper CGS2520 switch. Any recommendations?
Managed switches allow a much higher degree of control over one's network. However, they are obviously more expensive and need a professional who understands how to configure them. What criteria need to be considered when a business is deciding between managed versus unmanaged switches, and what are the pros and cons of each?
Product CategoriesEthernet Switches
Download our free Ethernet Switches Report and find out what your peers are saying about Lenovo, Aruba Networks, Cisco, and more!
- When evaluating Ethernet Switches, what aspect do you think is the most important to look for?
- Does anyone have statistics on how often a fire occurs in a computer room?
- Would you recommend replacing a Cisco Catalyst Switch by a D-link one?
- Managed vs Unmanaged Switches: What should a business take into account when choosing?
- What are the benefits of stack switches?
- What switch is a good alternative to the Juniper CGS2520?
- What is the difference between Port Forwarding and Port Triggering?
- Can anyone help me with a competitive comparison between Luxul and Netgear switches?
- What are pros and cons of Aruba 515 Series AP vs. Cisco Meraki or Extreme Networks?