Lenovo Flex System OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Lenovo Flex System is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Blade Servers. It is most often compared to HPE Synergy: Lenovo Flex System vs HPE Synergy

What is Lenovo Flex System?

Flex System is Lenovo’s proven, 2nd generation blade, that efficiently runs your infrastructure applications with up to 80% better density than standard rack server deployments.

Lenovo Flex System is also known as Flex System Blade Servers, Flex System SN Series.

Download the Blade Servers Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Lenovo Flex System Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Lenovo Flex System pricing:
  • "There is a one-off payment to buy the equipment and the support is purchased annually."
  • "The price is interesting. I am able to quote a client based on their needs and offer them either Lenovo or Dell."

Lenovo Flex System Reviews

MS
VMware Software Engineer at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Stable with good performance and a simple setup

• "The initial setup is straightforward."
  • "The product could improve its integration capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

They are hybrid clouds solutions, and therefore, we are the product using for virtualization, and automatization as well. We have application servers on these blade servers and rack servers.

What is most valuable?

The solution is stable and the performance is good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The product could improve its integration capabilities. For example, it's not optimized as Cisco UCS servers are.

The global team has used the solution for about two years or so.

I have found the solution to be quite stable. The performance is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. it doesn't crash or freeze. We have found the product to be reliable.

I'm not sure how many users are on the solution, however, there are currently 10,000 VMs on the servers.

I've never been in touch with Lenovo's technical support. I cannot rate their level of service, having never dealt with them directly.

We also use Cisco UCS. We use both solutions at the moment.

It's my understanding that the initial setup was not overly complex or difficult. It was quite straightforward.

That said, I wasn't directly involved in the deployment. I'm not sure how long it took.

I wasn't involved in the licensing and I don't have any information about the costs involved with the solution. The global team handles these details and I am not in any way involved.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution I am using. I'm pretty sure it is the latest version.

I am not on the hardware team, and therefore it is hard to rate it. That said, I would give it an eight out of ten based on my personal experience.

I'd recommend the solution to others.

KH
Data Solution Architect at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to use, stable, and good support

What is our primary use case?

We are using Lenovo Flex System for our internal platform where we store our operating systems, Windows, Linux, and VMware. VMware vCenter is where we store it and then virtualize our machines.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features of this solution is its ease of use.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing more integration with other platforms.

I have been using Lenovo Flex System for approximately nine years.

I have found the solution to be stable.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features of this solution is its ease of use.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing more integration with other platforms.

I have been using Lenovo Flex System for approximately nine years.

I have found the solution to be stable.

The solution is scalable. You can buy a chassis with the minimum nodes and then scale them up to a maximum of 14 nodes.

We had approximately 2,000 clients that were using the solution.

In my experience the support was good.

The installation was not easy.

We used a third-party vendor for the implementation.

We had a team of 10 for the deployment of the support infrastructure.

There is a one-off payment to buy the equipment and the support is purchased annually.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Lenovo Flex System an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Lenovo, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco and others in Blade Servers. Updated: October 2021.
541,108 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MK
CEO at DUKSCO SARL
Very stable, we use it for private cloud services.

• "The Lenovo Flex System is very stable."
  • "It does not have the same module flexibility that was present in IBM Blade. On the Blade System, I was able to choose between the Cisco module, or BMC module. Since the switch to Lenovo, I have not had the same choice of modules, only the BMC modules."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for private cloud services.

What needs improvement?

It does not have the same module flexibility that was present in IBM Blade. On the Blade System, I was able to choose between the Cisco module, or BMC module. Since the switch to Lenovo, I have not had the same choice of modules, only the BMC modules.

In terms of new features, I would like to see the Flex System manager integrate into the acquisition. It is necessary to have something like a Flex System manager to allow for the management of single or multiple items in one place.

I have been using the Lenovo Flex System since 2012 when it was still part of IBM.

The Lenovo Flex System is very stable.

The system is scalable.

The solution is easy to use and takes two or three days to set up the storage, network, and virtualization.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Lenovo.