Lenovo ThinkSystem DE Series OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Lenovo ThinkSystem DE Series is #21 ranked solution in best All-Flash Storage Arrays. IT Central Station users give Lenovo ThinkSystem DE Series an average rating of 8 out of 10. Lenovo ThinkSystem DE Series is most commonly compared to Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series:Lenovo ThinkSystem DE Series vs Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 30% of all views.
What is Lenovo ThinkSystem DE Series?

The DE All-Flash Series delivers the performance of more than 2,000 15k rpm HDDs, yet requires only 2% of the rack space, power, and cooling. Because it consumes 98% less space and power, DE Series can significantly improve the overall efficiency of your IT operations while continuing to meet your performance requirements.

Lenovo ThinkSystem DE Series is also known as ThinkSystem DE Series.

Download the All-Flash Storage Arrays Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Lenovo ThinkSystem DE Series Video

Archived Lenovo ThinkSystem DE Series Reviews (more than two years old)

Peter Muchiri
System Engineer at TBM
An easy to troubleshoot solution that's simple to scale and very stable

• "The solution is very easy to troubleshoot. It's one of the most valuable features. It also doesn't take long to deploy and normally it comes with a three-year warranty."
  • "Usually, when a part fails, we have to replace it and it takes a while. It would be better if the part could be available locally here in Kenya so we don't have to wait so long to repair the solution."

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to troubleshoot. It's one of the most valuable features. The solution also doesn't take long to deploy and normally it comes with a three-year warranty.

The solution has the most features if you compare it to other models.

What needs improvement?

If you compare this solution to IBM, there's a feature in IBM that is able to send alerts so that you can be able to place a part order immediately. Lenovo should offer this. It would shorten the process of part replacement.

I've been using the solution for ten years.

The solution is very stable. Most of the time the systems are up and running unless there's a big failure, but normally the repairs are done and we can get it up again once that happens.

The scalability of the solution is good. It's very easy to add onto it.

Technical support has been great. We're very satisfied with them.

Compared to other products, the pricing is okay.

What other advice do I have?

We are a seller, and we install and implement the solution.

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten. I'd recommend it to others.

Sameh Moamen
Infrastructure Manager at a construction company with 501-1,000 employees
Meets requirements for hosting our Virtual Machines in three data centers

• "This solution is good for virtualization and meets the need for CPU and RAM requirements."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see support for Hyper-converged infrastructure."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to house our VMware Virtual Machines. We have three data centers, and I am responsible for troubleshooting the environment.

We are currently using the on-premise deployment model, although we are starting our migration to AWS. I expect that it will take no more than six or seven months.

What is most valuable?

This solution is good for virtualization and meets the need for CPU and RAM requirements. It is suitable for mid-range and big business.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have a better performance from this solution.

In the next release, I would like to see support for Hyper-converged infrastructure.

The stability of this solution is good.

Scalability on rack-mount servers is not as good as with Blade servers.

Technical support for this solution is good but they are not interactive.

We used a solution from HP before this one.

The initial setup of this solution depends on the design of the environment and the scale of the project. It can be simple, or complicated.

The pricing for this solution is good compared to HP or Dell EMC.

What other advice do I have?

The demand in the market is for hyper-converged, all-in-one virtualization. It is not only for the operating system or hypervisors but also for networking and security. It is about optimum solutions.

This is a solution that I recommend for those who need the basics that can be achieved with a rack mount server.

Product Categories
All-Flash Storage Arrays
Download our free All-Flash Storage Arrays Report and find out what your peers are saying about Lenovo, Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and more!