Loadbalancer.org OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Loadbalancer.org is the #14 ranked solution in our list of top Application Delivery Controllers. It is most often compared to HAProxy: Loadbalancer.org vs HAProxy

What is Loadbalancer.org?

Loadbalancer.org leads the market in delivering high-performance load balancers and load balancing solutions to customers around the world. Customers who depend on the high-availability of business critical applications can take advantage of unparalleled versatility, affordable costs and instant access to the industry’s most responsive 24/7 support – even during a free trial. Founded in 2002, Loadbalancer.org has offices in the USA, Canada, Germany and headquarters in the UK. With thousands of physical, virtual & cloud-based appliances deployed across six continents, Loadbalancer.org ensures the uptime of e-commerce websites & mission critical applications globally, whilst also improving performance, security, scalability and providing a rapid return on investment (ROI). Loadbalancer.org offers a no-nonsense approach and complete focus on load balancing.

Download the Application Delivery Controllers (ADC) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Loadbalancer.org Customers
Vodafone, NASA, Mercedes, NBC, Siemens, AT&T, Barclays, Zurich, Penn State University, Fiserv, Canon, Toyota, University of Cambridge, US Army, US Navy, Ocean Spray, ASOS, Pfizer, BBC, Bacardi, Monsoon, River Island, U.S Air Force, King's College London, NHS, Ricoh, Philips, Santander, TATA Communications, Ericcson, Ross Video, Evertz, TalkTalk TV, Giacom, Rapid Host.

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Loadbalancer.org pricing:
  • "For now, it's stable."

Loadbalancer.org Reviews

SA
IT manager at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable internet management and access but the scalability needs improvement

• "For now, it's stable."
  • "It doesn't have the bonding capability feature."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for internet management. We have approximately eight incoming ISP lines. All of the ISP lines go to the load balancer.

We use it for normal internet access.

What needs improvement?

It doesn't have the bonding capability feature.

I would like to see the bonding capability feature included and it should be easier to upgrade. The capacity that we currently have is 2G.

If we could upgrade it using the same device, we could upgrade it twice without changing the hardware, that would be easier for us.

It should be scalable without changing the hardware.

We have been using this solution for approximately six years.

We are using the same version that we have been using for the last six years.

For now, it's stable.

Currently, it is not scalable. We have already reached our limit.

We were supposed to increase our capacity to four gigs, but now we are one gig. To upgrade, we would have to go with all new hardware.

We have approximately 2,000 users in our organization.

So far, we have not had any problems.

Previously, we did not use another solution. Loadbalancer.org is the only one that I have used.

The installation was completed through our vendors.

The installation was easy, not very difficult. It is easy to install.

What other advice do I have?

We are planning to change to another load balancer with the bonding capability feature.

I would recommend this solution to others, but it would be better if it had the bonding capability.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Pandiyan Regunathan
Assistant Manager at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Helps us to route the traffic to the available servers and protects the clusters

• "It helps us to route the traffic to the available servers. If we didn't have Loadbalancer we would fail to set the end-user and it would cause a failure in the cluster."
  • "There are many features you can set in the backend of Loadbalancer. They should simplify the configuration. The administrator should be able to configure it more simply. How it is now, you can only configure it if you have a lot of experience."

What is most valuable?

It helps us to route the traffic to the available servers. If we didn't have Loadbalancer we would fail to set the end-user and it would cause a failure in the cluster. We protect the cluster with Loadbalancer. It checks all of the nodes in the backend, in the fabric. If you enable the monitor it will set an alarm in the server. When a user gets an application, this alarm alerts the user.

What needs improvement?

The configuration of Azure is a lot more simple than with Loadbalancer. It was very simple to configure it. There are many features you can set in the backend of Loadbalancer. They should simplify the configuration. The administrator should be able to configure it more simply. How it is now, you can only configure it if you have a lot of experience.

I have been using Loadbalancer for six months.

So far we haven't had any bugs or glitches with Loadbalancer.

I haven't needed to contacted technical support yet.

The deployment took two to three hours. I did the deployment myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It's a market leader. The admin should know the product well before configuring it. They need experience.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. Not a ten out of ten because of the complex configuration.