Loadbalancer.org Overview

Loadbalancer.org is the #15 ranked solution in our list of top Application Delivery Controllers. It is most often compared to Citrix ADC: Loadbalancer.org vs Citrix ADC

What is Loadbalancer.org?

Loadbalancer.org leads the market in delivering high-performance load balancers and load balancing solutions to customers around the world. Customers who depend on the high-availability of business critical applications can take advantage of unparalleled versatility, affordable costs and instant access to the industry’s most responsive 24/7 support – even during a free trial. Founded in 2002, Loadbalancer.org has offices in the USA, Canada, Germany and headquarters in the UK. With thousands of physical, virtual & cloud-based appliances deployed across six continents, Loadbalancer.org ensures the uptime of e-commerce websites & mission critical applications globally, whilst also improving performance, security, scalability and providing a rapid return on investment (ROI). Loadbalancer.org offers a no-nonsense approach and complete focus on load balancing.

Download the Application Delivery Controllers Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Loadbalancer.org Customers
Vodafone, NASA, Mercedes, NBC, Siemens, AT&T, Barclays, Zurich, Penn State University, Fiserv, Canon, Toyota, University of Cambridge, US Army, US Navy, Ocean Spray, ASOS, Pfizer, BBC, Bacardi, Monsoon, River Island, U.S Air Force, King's College London, NHS, Ricoh, Philips, Santander, TATA Communications, Ericcson, Ross Video, Evertz, TalkTalk TV, Giacom, Rapid Host.

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

IT Manager at a recruiting/HR firm with 51-200 employees
SSL Layer 7 load balancing helps us run our line-of-business software

What is our primary use case?

Load-balancing a web application server. It's a requirement for the application which we're using, which is why we bought the hardware. It does its job. We don't touch it.

• "The SSL Layer 7 load balancing is valuable."
  • "Originally we had some stability issues with it, so they replaced it with a new box and it's fine."

What other advice do I have?

For what it is and what it does, it's not a very glamorous piece of kit. It's a load balancer, it takes the connection and decides where to put it, to another server or somewhere else. It's the speed at which it can do it and the fact that when it does go wrong - and obviously things do happen - how quickly and how well the company resolves it. Those are the two things which make us stick with and recommend it to anyone else. Most people, if they need a load balancer, they know that they need a load balancer. It's not something which you can just say, "Oh yeah, I was talking to the guy in the…
Owner at a tech services company with self employed
User
One of the best technical support teams that I have worked with, and it is 24/7

What is our primary use case?

The Loadbalancer.org appliance sits directly behind our firewall, terminates all of our SSL/HTTP traffic and then directs it to the backend servers depending on the requested service.

What other advice do I have?

The Loadbalancer.org product has helped reduce our tech teams time on manual maintenance of our load balancer and the development of the product is ever evolving.
Find out what your peers are saying about Loadbalancer.org, F5, HAProxy and others in Application Delivery Controllers. Updated: May 2021.
479,894 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Systems Programmer at a energy/utilities company with 501-1,000 employees
Their pricing scheme is easy and inexpensive

What is our primary use case?

We load balance our customer billing and information system, as well as our Exchange services with it.

• "We now get notifications when pool members go down, and we eliminate our downtime by not sending traffic to downed pool members.​"
  • "​I would like a notification when a new version of the software is available. They told me to sign up for their newsletter, but I have not received any notification for a newer software version.​"

What other advice do I have?

For load balancers, these guys are perfect. If you need a lot more bells and whistles, you may need a more expensive product. Tell the sales guys at Loadbalancer.org your needs, but do your research. Set up a trial device. Make sure you do not need a more full-featured product. Loadbalancer.org is improving their product all the time, but know what you are getting into.
RK
Team Lead Healthcare IT

What is our primary use case?

We are a supplier of medical healthcare IT solutions with a focus on radiology departments. We use it to create a redundant solution with automatic failover. We use the hardware and the software version of the Loadbalancer.org product line.

• "With basic network knowledge, our required system functionality can be configured and maintained.​"
  • "The load balancers have an easy installation and a relatively simple, easy user interface to use."
  • "Possibly a more graphical overview page (with colors) to give a two second overview to see if everything is working fine."
  • "​The automatic refresh of the System Overview webpage: It sometimes has an extra webpage reload (after a change) before you see it is executed. This can be confusing."
Senior ICT Support Officer at a government with 5,001-10,000 employees
User
Just works, providing high-availability and load balancing when there is an outage

What is our primary use case?

Web filtering and load balancing.

• "They're mostly designed to balance a particular type of traffic. I wanted to load balance DNS, and they just don't do it the way that we wanted to. So they're not used as DNS load balancers."

What other advice do I have?

Plan your specifications and features carefully. It's about doing proper planning to make sure that they will actually fit your requirements. The owner of the company writes a very extensive and detailed blog. I would suggest any other potential customers read it, that they read the owner's blog, to understand what the company is focused on and where their priorities lie. Beyond just the product marketing and materials, you can actually see where the owner of the company wants them to be going, and what they're doing. And that might help focus you on whether it's the right product for what…
    IT Operations Manager at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Reliability and high availability; allows us to seamlessly failover or do maintenance

What is our primary use case?

Load balancing Exchange, print servers, our call desk software, and SharePoint.

• "We have about 30,000 connections going through at any one time and it's fine, it doesn't seem to sweat. It doesn't get overloaded."

What other advice do I have?

I would say, go for it. It has proved to be a pretty reliable system, it hasn't let us down. Try to break it. We've never had any trouble with it. And when I've had to speak to support about firmware upgrades and things like that, they either do it for you or they give you guides and it just works. It's probably few and far between, with regards to things that actually do what it says on the tin. There's a lot of stuff out there at the moment that says it does everything but it doesn't. This is one of the few that actually does it.
      Business Development Manager at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Makes sure our web-filtering system is distributed, gives us access to the end-servers

What is our primary use case?

We provide a web-filtering system for 200 schools, and Loadbalancer.org makes sure that it balances across all of the web-filtering service that we've got, to provide good quality service.

• "Most important for us that it makes sure that the load is distributed and that we always have access to the end servers."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of 10. We have had one or two small crashes on them, nothing major, but I guess that would be the only thing stopping it from being a 10. I would say that, from the experience that we've had, the devices, operation, and the support from the technical support teams, that I can't fault it. I can't fault the systems. I'd happily recommend them. It's just worked. It's been a good system. We were advised to purchase it and it was good advice. I'd say that it's been absolutely 100% brilliant for us, and I wouldn't think twice about recommending them.
        DL
        System Integrator
        Ease of use enables junior team members to participate in managing load balancing needs

What is our primary use case?

Load balance http and https requests, our customer service.

• "The user interface precludes need to be well versed with Linux IPVS command line. This make it easy for junior team members to participate in managing load balancing needs."
        • "It would be great if there was a way to gain access to the graphing data, to create custom reports. If we had a way to use the graphing data, we could use it to present certain information to our client, such as the uptime status for their service."

What other advice do I have?

Implement major changes during the appropriate support hours so you can get support if things don't work out correctly. Start out with the limited, restricted option first. Because to upgrade to the unlimited option, you just call customer service and get your license changed. That would help some small businesses. So if they evaluate, and they find that they need more, they just update their license and they get unlimited clusters. So that way they are saving, if they want to be cautious.
        IT Support at a government with 10,001+ employees
        Stable, easy to set up, gives us live failover for a crucial intranet site

What is our primary use case?

To have live failover for an intranet site we are using, and to monitor live user connections.

• "It does what it’s supposed to do which is balancing an important intranet site we are using, so if one server dies, the second becomes active straight away."
        • "If I have to say something, I suppose they could add an automated configuration backup to an FTP location (or something similar) so you don’t have to manually do it. I don’t see this as a problem, of course, as the configuration rarely changes and we only need one backup, but maybe for other users that feature would be handy."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others considering this product is that they will experience a very good, stable product which is very easy to set up.
        IT Manager at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
        Load balancing and redundancy make our network more reliable

What is our primary use case?

It actually makes our whole network more reliable, because of its load balancing capabilities. And not only load balancing, but also redundancy. That's what we use it for.

• "We can more easily set up a test environment, because you can easily configure your forms. It makes it more flexible for us, to convert our test environment to a production environment, without having to change DNSs on the outside. You just configure the forms on the inside. So without changing the actual endpoint for the end user, we can create completely different networks in the background."

What other advice do I have?

Do it. I think they have very nice upgrade offers. When you start small, you can take the smaller version, and if your company is hopefully expanding, you can always choose an upgraded version. I remember they had nice offers. We never needed one because we immediately chose the Enterprise version but I can imagine that you would like to start small, and they have nice offers for that. I would say it's a 10 out of 10, because it does exactly what it needs to do and that's what you want from a product.