LocalDB Reviews

rating
MarcinOzurkiewicz
Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer at EXEC
Dec 05 2019

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to create a management tool. Right now, the solution has tools for creating a local installation, but it's too simplistic. We need something that's a bit more complex so that we can extend the tools with our scripts. Technical support could be quicker to respond to tickets.

We sometimes use different products, including MySQL, among others, especially during the deployment process.

What other advice do I have?

We've used the solution about 100 times across a number of different projects. We're currently using the 2014 and 2017 versions of the solution with an on-premises deployment model. We're partners with Microsoft. I'd recommend the solution for those looking for something to assist with their development process. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.
IT Architect and Test Tool Designer at a comms service provider with 5,001-10,000 employees
Sep 19 2019

What is most valuable?

The solution has powerful reporting features that are very valuable. The user interface is the standard SQL management tool, so it's very easy to navigate.

What needs improvement?

The ALM features can be improved, but the database by itself is reliable.

The solution isn't expensive. My company has a subscription model for software licenses. This way, it's very inexpensive because if you have one big cluster of databases, you have literally no cost.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About LocalDB

Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Oracle, IBM and others in Relational Databases. Updated: December 2019.
391,616 professionals have used our research since 2012.

LocalDB Questions

What is LocalDB?

LocalDB is a lightweight version of the SQL Server Express Database Engine that is targeted for program development. LocalDB starts on demand and runs in user mode, so there is no complex configuration.
LocalDB customers
AstraZeneca, Kienzle Automotive GmbH, Kodak Alaris, Unilever, Floatel International and Kongsberg Maritime, MyHero
Read Archived Reviews
BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Relational Databases Report and find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, and more!