LogMeIn Central Reviews

industry
rating
IT Director
Featured Review

What is most valuable?

The security, that I can glance down and see quickly who's up to date on patches, and who has virus concerns. Also, that I have a solution for users to have remote access to their personal computers.

How has it helped my organization?

For me, it's convenience because I cover three different offices, and I need to be able to remotely access any of those three offices from anywhere, anytime. With LogMeIn Central, I can do that.

What needs improvement?

Cost. It's probably worth the value, but the price increases over the last five years are getting harder to justify. Also, backwards compatibility for non-Microsoft-supported operating systems, for example, XP and 2003. In situations where I... more»
Owner
Jan 15 2018

What is most valuable?

* Remote access is really the biggest one, because in order to be able to support my clients from wherever I am, that is the biggest feature. * The ability to manipulate and do things to the computer and file manager, then boot to safe mode,... more»

How has it helped my organization?

I function through LogMeIn, because it gives me everything I need. I spend all my days working in LogMeIn. It is pretty invaluable, especially if you are an IT support person.

What needs improvement?

The antivirus. I do not like the antivirus, and the update issues are an absolute pain. It says it is updating things, but the updates do not go through, and you try your hardest to get the updates to go through and they don't. You go to the... more»
Technology Coordinator at a construction company
Feb 07 2018

What is most valuable?

Unattended Access, because I do a lot of support on machines that people are having trouble with, and sometimes I need to do that during non-working hours. I do not use it for remote printing. I do not use it for file transfers.

How has it helped my organization?

One of the improvements they made was a LogMeIn Central client - that was a couple years ago - and that has been great. You no longer have to use their web interface. There's actually a client that you can install, which lists all of the machines and servers that you can access. That works really well.
Find out what your peers are saying about ConnectWise Automate vs LogMeIn Central and others in Remote Monitoring and Management Software.
287,901 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Manager
Mar 07 2018

What is most valuable?

The Remote Control feature and file transfer feature. The Remote Control and the Rescue feature are the main ones that I use.

How has it helped my organization?

It has saved me time because I don't have to go on-site. I can just do it remotely.

What needs improvement?

The file transfer could be better. They could make it a lot easier to deal with. If you use the TeamViewer file transfer, you click on the file here that you want to transfer, and you say where you want to transfer it on the desktop, and you... more»
Network Administrator
Jan 23 2018

What is most valuable?

The ability to remotely access machines with no user intervention required at the remote terminal. Other software we used needed someone to click a link and do a download for me to provide support. Now, with LogMeIn Central, I can get in and... more»

How has it helped my organization?

It’s enabled me to remotely do updates to servers and workstations in off-hours – without needing to travel into the office. Makes my life much easier.

What needs improvement?

The client could have a bit more functionality, as some changes can only be made through the web interface. (Name and group changes for machines, for example).
IT Manager at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
Jul 26 2018

What do you think of LogMeIn Central?

Primary Use Case I support our employees' hardware in ten locations and anywhere they are working that has connectivity.  We use RDS from MS and Logmein allows me to help my employees where ever they are. • Improvements to My Organization No one needs to wait for assistance, I am a phone call away.  This means less down time and less travel time. • Valuable Features Unattended remote assistance is the most valuable for us – I save travel time and money.  As long as an employee leaves their computer on and connected to the Internet I can take care of things and have them all set to go upon their return. • Room for Improvement The price needs improvement. It is ridiculously expensive now, and no features have really changed. • Use of Solution More than five years. ...
See 6 more reviews

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About LogMeIn Central

287,901 professionals have used our research since 2012.

LogMeIn Central Questions

LogMeIn Central Projects By Members

LogMeIn Central Consultants

What is LogMeIn Central?

LogMeIn Central enables you to effectively monitor, manage, and secure your endpoint infrastructure with a robust endpoint management feature set.
LogMeIn Central customers

Au Bon Pain, BELL (Building Educated Leaders for Life)

LogMeIn White Papers