LogMeIn Central OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

LogMeIn Central is #4 ranked solution in top Remote Monitoring and Management Software. IT Central Station users give LogMeIn Central an average rating of 10 out of 10. LogMeIn Central is most commonly compared to LogMeIn Rescue:LogMeIn Central vs LogMeIn Rescue. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.
What is LogMeIn Central?
LogMeIn Central enables you to effectively monitor, manage, and secure your endpoint infrastructure with a robust endpoint management feature set.

Download the Remote Monitoring and Management Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

LogMeIn Central Customers

Au Bon Pain, BELL (Building Educated Leaders for Life)

LogMeIn Central Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about LogMeIn Central pricing:
  • "Coming from where it was free, it's getting to be expensive."

LogMeIn Central Reviews

Darrell Greenhouse
Owner at Blackhawk Computer Engineering
Fast with an easy setup and a good interface

• "The initial setup was very easy."

What is our primary use case?

UPDATE #2: 2021.03.28 @ 21:15 - I was asked if I could provide further insight into the stability of LogMeIn Central, and as noted in this review, I'm not an expert on the product. That said, I'll be testing LogMeIn Central on a number of internal systems, VMs, and client systems over the next few weeks. I'll report back with my findings after my tests have been completed. After reviewing other's notes about LogMeIn Central on various websites, I suspect my findings will be favorable.

UPDATE #1: 2021.03.11 @ 0630 - I spent about an hour and a half last night reviewing LogMeIn Central's tool set, interface, functionality, and capabilities. I can honestly report that I'm going to be giving this RMM tool a serious look, and have added it to the other potential tools to use. Although, I'm still unsure if it has many of the functions I want in a robust RMM. I'll report back later...

The solution was used to manage several things including: end-user support, performing backups, performing system and virus updates, running reports, remote programming, fixing bugs, checking system logs, performing registry edits, doing network configurations, etc. These were primarily Microsoft Windows environments - servers, desktops, network appliances, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed me to respond rapidly to system and security issues, whether connecting on the local network or remotely over the internet.

What is most valuable?

I liked the speed, and even over a slow connection it wasn't that bad. Although over slow connections there was noticeable mouse jitter and delays in rendering the interface - which was expected. I remember the interface being very clean and easy to navigate. I liked the depth of drill-down into the systems I connected to and I could get into everything I needed to. The initial setup was straight forward and simple.

What needs improvement?

I recall that there was something about the pricing structure that wasn't ideal, but I cannot recall the exact details. I’ve been looking at: ConnectWise, Kaseya, N-Able [ SolarWinds non-hacked tool :-) ], and others. But I think it’s an oversight, on my part, that I didn’t consider LogMeIn as an RMM tool for some current projects. I’m going to give LogMeIn a fair shake going forward. One of the items I’d like to see is a robust API, like ConnectWise has – I assume there is one. All in all, I think anyone looking for an RMM solution, should give LogMeIn a good look, as I was previously very satisfied with the product(s).

I started using LogMeIn’s tools almost from the company’s inception and used it on a limited basis within the last 12 months, although not very heavily.

I didn’t find many stability issues but as would be expected, did experience crashes periodically. As far as what the contributing factors were, I rarely looked very deep and just restarted the application and/or systems.

I'm unsure of the scalability potential. Compared to ConnectWise, SolarWinds (N-Able), Kaseya or other tools - I just don't know the current capabilities of LogMeIn Central. I wasn’t managing a lot of nodes when I was using it, so my knowledge of its scalability may not be of much value. I remember reading in the documentation and on the company’s website about scalability, but again, I don’t know. A colleague who I turned over an old client to, had several clients he was/is supporting with LogMeIn tool(s) and he’s very satisfied with the product suite.

I don't recall ever reaching out to technical support. I was able to figure out most things on my own. There weren't really any issues I couldn't solve from my end by reviewing the support docs.

This was the first RMM solution I ever used. Before that, the only remote management methods I used were via Remote Desktop, connecting over VPNs, connecting with PutTTY, or some other secure connection method. I added LogMeIn; at the time, to make it easier to manage the systems - and it worked like a charm!

I remember the initial implementation being simple, especially if you're just doing a quick setup. If I just needed to help someone (in an one-off use case), I could just send an (agent link) to a client, which they then ran, and we were up and running!

Just in house...

All in all, the ROI was great as it saved me a lot of time - And time is money!

I forget what the pricing model was, but I do remember there was something I did not like about it. However, I remember that whatever the price is/was, I found it acceptable given the value I received from the product.

At the time - not really.

See my answer above under - "Did you previously use a different solution..."

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user. I've used different versions/iterations of LogMeIn tools over several years. I do remember it got better over time and I used it almost every day at the time. The last time I used it, I shared the login credentials with a colleague who always has the most recent version. I would likely recommend the solution to others. However, with the disclaimer that I haven't used it as frequently or as thoroughly to give a good assessment.

I'd give the products a nine out of ten, and only because of my limited usage.

I use AWS, Azure, Google, Private/On-Prem cloud solutions, with IBM forthcoming for other purposes. I gather LogMeIn Central will allow management of these environments. Again, I’ll give LogMeIn a deeper look now.

Hybrid Cloud

Other
    EM
    Senior I.T. Consultant at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
    Remote access that is straightforward, easy to install, and has good support

• "It allows you to transfer along with many other functions."
    • "Our clients are having issues with printing."

What is our primary use case?

I do maintenance for my clients. When the pandemic hit, it worked out well because we already had the clients installed on it and we were able to remote in to do the work the same as if they were sitting there.

We use this solution for remote access.

What is most valuable?

I have always liked it. It allows you to transfer along with many other functions.

It does everything that I want it to do.

What needs improvement?

Our clients are having issues with printing. There seems to have been a bug or a glitch. We last saw this problem a little bit last year, but seems to have resolved itself, we haven't seen it anymore.

I have been using LogMeIn since it was free, which was a long time ago.

We are using the latest version.

We have approximately 100 users in our organization who use this solution.

I don't have any issues with the technical support.

We also use LogMeIn Rescue.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is easy.

You can deploy it easily by sending it through email, or sending it as an invite, or just log in by using LogMeIn Rescue, download the client, and install LogMeIn.

The price continues to increase. Coming from where it was free, it's getting to be expensive.

We are looking at ConnectWise, but it's coming out to be about the same price.

I was evaluating to confirm that I still had the same availabilities and still be able to allow my clients to utilize it remotely. There are still clients who want to have remote access.

The only reason why I was looking into ConnectWise is that it has other features that will allow billing, to connect with some other clients with the services that they have in the cloud.

Looking at it, if we are pretty much going to pay the same price, and if they're using LogMeIn, it's a no-brainer. I should move to them. But, I'd like to test it out when I have the chance to. Some features will be better. I don't know what the limitations are. For example, when I am paying for LogMeIn Rescue I can direct them to a website, enter a pin, and I am able to remote to them. I want to know that those features are still going to be available.

What other advice do I have?

I have had no issue with this solution. I would rate LogMeIn Central a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud