LogMeIn Pro OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

LogMeIn Pro is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Remote Access tools. It is most often compared to LogMeIn Central: LogMeIn Pro vs LogMeIn Central

What is LogMeIn Pro?
Helping people and businesses access their digital lives from virtually anywhere, on any device.

Download the Remote Access Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

LogMeIn Pro Customers
The North Face, Slingbox, Lutron, The Weather Company
LogMeIn Pro Video

Archived LogMeIn Pro Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user831798
CEO
Gives me all my different groups and logins in a central location

• "The most valuable feature is having it in a central location, all the different groups, and being able to ad-hoc or at will log on to whichever computer system I need to get to from a central spot."
  • "As far as the usability of it, I'd like to see if printing could be enabled in the basic version or the medium version. Some of the remote printing isn't available unless you go to the premium versions, and that's disappointing."
  • "With Windows 10 we've had some issues with it crashing, and certain antivirus products cause it to fail. For the most part it's stable, but we do have an occasional crash mainly related to new operating systems. The new Microsoft Server and the new Windows operating systems sometimes have issues with it. But for the most part, in anything under, say, Windows 7, Windows 8, those seem to be pretty stable, and with the Microsoft Server 2012 and below, it's all stable. And I don't necessarily think it's LogMeIn. I think it may be Microsoft, to be honest with you."

What is our primary use case?

To administer computer systems, both for internal use and for some private individuals and customers. We have several thousand IT assets, but we only use LogMeIn for about 75 of them, but they're the elite of the group.

We have a lot of stations that we manage that don't really have humans at them. They're remote stations, like oil companies and Home Depots and drug stores. We do thousands of customers. But the ones that we use LogMeIn for are the owners of the companies, or the main management groups inside the companies. We provide more of a concierge-type service. That includes mainly end-users but there are a few servers and a few PoS systems.

How has it helped my organization?

It makes it more convenient to remotely administer computers, via the web or mobile devices. That seems to be a good feature we're using more and it's very convenient to be able to get to whatever location we need to, rapidly.

What is most valuable?

Having it in a central location, all the different groups, and being able to ad-hoc or at will log on to whichever computer system I need to get to from a central spot.

What needs improvement?

The only other issue I have is the price, especially for the people that have been with it from the very beginning of time. They should be giving us discounts on it because we've been with them - loyal customers and loyal helpers and assistants, promoters - the whole time. That's a little disappointing.

Now, they do give us a discount occasionally, depending upon what we get, but I have to give them a lot of different customers and then they'll give me a little discount here and there. A suggestion would be provide discounts for people that have been with LogMeIn for a significant amount of time.

More than five years.

It's the newer Microsoft operating systems it seems to be struggling with. And I don't necessarily think it's LogMeIn. I think it may be Microsoft, to be honest with you.

I haven't encountered scalability issues yet. But we're about to scale up a big company with a lot of users, so we'll find out if that is an issue or not.

It was really good at the beginning, and then all of a sudden it got not so good. But it seems like it's been improving more, lately. So it's been an up and down situation with support. But I think that, for the most part, it seems to be improving.

I don't call it a lot, but when I did call it, maybe six months or a year ago, it seemed like there was a big problem with it. But now it seems like that has been resolved, or at least it's better. For a while it took them a long time to get back with us on simple things. They seem like they're responding better now, so hopefully that continues.

It seems like the setup is simple and works really well. It's always been relatively easy to set up, and so it has gotten even better now. With the new version, you can send links out so they can set it up very easily. So there's no issue with the setup.

The price point has gone up significantly. We used to have a lot of other customers. I used to sell it to other customer sites. But they've moved to TeamViewer, SiteSecure, and several others. There are four or five others that they went to because they're being more competitive on their pricing. So price is one big thing. I could probably sell more of the product, even in the 25- to 50-user versions, if the price was more reasonable for the entry-level version.

We do use other products besides LogMeIn. Splashtop is one, TeamViewer, several others. But I prefer LogMeIn. The only drawback with LogMeIn is that the pricing structure has been increasing so rapidly, that's a turnoff.

Back in the day, there were all kinds of different options. But I helped develop it, so I was tied to the creators a lot and I just stayed with it over the years. I've been with it from the very beginning, so I'm a proponent of it. I am very pleased that it's been continuing.

What other advice do I have?

We are not leveraging it to keep our end points secure. I need to delve more into it. I don't know all the capabilities of it. I just mainly use it. A lot of the customer sites have their own either IT groups or their own managed services for some of that. They have Symantec, they have Firewall-1, they have McAfee, they have ESET, that's a big one. SonicWALL is another one and GFI is a big one too. So there are multiple different solutions that they use. But I may be more interested in how that works with LogMeIn to be able to promote it, if I knew how to use it.

Our IT infrastructure is both on-premise and leveraging public and private cloud, but we haven't really been using LogMeIn for that. We have a different product we use for that, or a different approach.

We're using Azure as one of them. But we have something that one of our developers built that ties a lot of them together in a central spot, something like you do with LogMeIn Central. But they created their own environment to manage that stuff, so it's in a central location. We can just click on it and go to whichever one we want to. It's basically a website of other websites.

It depends on what you're going to be using it for, if you're going to be using it for systems administration or if you're going to be using it for presentations... For the most part, I would advise you to definitely check it out if you can afford it. Some customers do it and some customers don't. But I would advise you to look at the feature set, does it accomplish all the needs that you have.

GD
Research Scientist

• "The ability to easily connect back and retrieve data from the computer systems that I have."
  • "I can copy information and put it into a presentation that I may be putting together at another location."
  • "Technical support was able to address everything that I asked in a timely, responsible, satisfactory manner."
  • "I would enhance the product, so if I had two screens in front of me, it could connect to two computers simultaneously with the program. For example, if I had a computer at location A and a computer at location B and I am sitting at location C, it might be nice for me to be able to be connected to all three of those computers and move data between those three during one session. ​"

What is our primary use case?

It connects me with my computers that I have located in different places. If I am on travel, I can connect back to my computer.

I have been using the product for well over 20 years.

How has it helped my organization?

Reliability is probably the strongest thing that I have observed. Maybe fewer clicks that are required to get the organization up and operational. Those are probably the two things: ease of use and reliability.

I do take complete control of other computers, though I do not print remotely very often. Rarely do I do that, but I will copy files down and print. I will take material from a computer and print at my location, wherever I happen to be. More so, I can copy information and put it into a presentation that I may be putting together at another location.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I do not use it a lot, but I would enhance the product, so if I had two screens in front of me, it could connect to two computers simultaneously with the program. For example, if I had a computer at location A and a computer at location B and I am sitting at location C, it might be nice for me to be able to be connected to all three of those computers and move data between those three during one session.

More than five years.

Not in recent years. In the past, there were occasions. However, in the last seven years, stability has not been an issue.

This is not something that I even push. My needs are fairly simple. I move a few files around, which are critical files. However, they are important both for security as well as for their small amounts of data.

I have not had to upgrade anything. Everything has been very transparent and  easy in regard to scalability.

The product is stable enough that I have not had to contact them very often. I do send technical support an email maybe once every couple of years to ask questions. They are very reliable as far as responding within a reasonable amount of time. I would approximate less than 24 hours, and they were able to address everything that I asked in a timely, responsible, satisfactory manner.

I probably did use some VNC, but that was 20 years ago in the computer world. It was a much different place than it is today. So, I probably did evaluate, read reviews, and looked at things.

I did use LogMeIn along with GoToMyPC. For a while, I actually used them side-by-side.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

Lower the price for an individual user.

The company does not scale the price based upon use. I can understand why it would be charged for somebody who is a heavy user, but for someone like myself who uses it maybe a couple of hours a week or less, the price is a bit exorbitant.

GoToMyPC. There were some features in it, which made me start looking elsewhere. I started using LogMeIn and there was possibly a third product.

Once I landed on LogMeIn, they were so reliable, and they fitted my needs so well, that I have been satisfied ever since.

What other advice do I have?

I have been so satisfied with the product that I have not been motivated to shop what is out there today. I am very satisfied with the LogMeIn product and I have not been tempted to even go out and look for something else. In all fairness, anyone who wants to buy any piece of computer software today, though it does not even have to be computer software (it can be any product), I encourage them to shop the market and compare. However, I am very happy to say that I have been very satisfied with the LogMeIn product, except for the escalation of the price.

Find out what your peers are saying about LogMeIn, TeamViewer, Microsoft and others in Remote Access. Updated: September 2021.
540,984 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user824781
Customer Service at a manufacturing company
Easy to log in, easy to manipulate from screen to screen

What is our primary use case?

It allows me to work remotely from home, a couple days a week, instead of being in the office. That's it, that's the reason.

How has it helped my organization?

It creates better morale for the employee, by allowing the employee to work from home, rather than their having to drive to the office. It's filling a need within our organization.

It improves time and efficiency, both.

What is most valuable?

The fact that it's easy to log into, it's easy to manipulate from screen to screen. It does everything that we want it to do.

What needs improvement?

I can't really think of anything that needs improvement. There isn't anything that I don't like about it, or that I have found that I wished it would be different.

I do have some issues every now and then, but I believe that it's on my host computer at the office, I believe it's on that end. LogMeIn cannot connect to it because its gone offline, or it's stuck. It needs to be shut down and restarted. But I don't think that's a LogMeIn issue, so I would say it's very stable.

No issues with scalability.

I may have used them in the very beginning, but I haven't needed to in years. But when I did, they were very good.

No previous solution.

It was very straightforward.

I think it's competitively priced. I haven't priced it out since we started with it, but the yearly subscription fee is worth it. It's not outrageous, and I believe that it's worth it for our company to pay the fees for the use of the product.

This product was recommended by somebody that my boss knows. He may have looked at something else, I'm not sure. But since we had such good feedback from someone about this product, we went with it.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice to others looking into using this product, I would say if you have any questions, I think that you can google specific questions, or you can call for support. Your answers, or anything you might need to know, are very readily available. And it's very user-friendly.

All I can say is I'm really happy with it. If we had to find something else, I guess we would, but I can count on it. It allows me to do my job, and that's what I need to do. I don't think too much about it. I don't have issues with it. So I'm very happy with it.

it_user819864
Sales Manager & Sr. Mortgage Loan Officer
Remote access to my computer allows me to work from home at night

• "Being able to remote access my computer means I can work at night from my house."
  • "The user interface needs improvement. Mostly, it's pretty intuitive for what I need to do, but the extra elements to it seem very complex, so I don't really try to even use those. For example, document sharing, file stuff. I can do the log-in part, but the additional features are kind of complex."

What is our primary use case?

Everything from remote access to my computer, to helping my 91-year-old dad on his computer.

How has it helped my organization?

Being able to remote access my computer means I can work at night from my house, so I can catch up and get stuff done. Then, my dad is 91, and he needs lots of help, so being able to log in and share the screen with him is a big benefit.

So not having to drive up to my office at night to work, and not having to drive over to my dad's house to help him on the computer.

More than five years.

I think it's been stable. There have been times when it has been down, but they are very few and far between.

It's able to handle what I do.

When I've had to call for help they've been really good.

I used GoToMyPC. LogMeIn had better pricing for the number of computers that I needed to do, and I think the desktop app is nice with LogMeIn Pro. I used them at the time for quite a while, and then I chose to go with LogMeIn Pro as a full-time solution.

It's pretty straightforward. I set up new computers all the time or replace ones out. It's pretty easy.

It's pretty fair for up to five computers I think (it might be three - it's either three or five). After that, it gets a little expensive, so if they could get a little bit more aggressive on how many computers you can add in, that would be great.

GoToMyPC was the big one.

What other advice do I have?

Most companies can do better on their user interface, just because if it's got any complexity to it, if it's not intuitive, you're just not going to get or keep as many users. So user interface is always going to be something that companies need to work on.

I'd say it's a 10 out of 10. There's room for improvement, but for what I need it for, it's great. They just need to make the user interface a little more intuitive, a little more easy to use, especially for some of the additional things, besides the remote access.

Data Analyst & Back Office Support at a non-tech company with 11-50 employees
I can work from anywhere, correct problems, and train people remotely

• "I can use it for training, which I have done. As a person sits in front of the computer they can watch what I do, or I can watch what they do."
  • "The remote connection is the most valuable, but we also use it for file transfer, that would be probably the second most valuable. The remote connection is a major time saver, it saves us from having to drive to each location."
  • "If I could give it an 11 out of 10 I would, but I definitely give it a 10. It saves me time, it saves me headaches, it saves me a lot of problems, and I'm able to fix things quickly and move on. I can get in and out of the computer without anyone really even knowing that I fixed something."
  • "It's even simple to remotely add a computer to our group. We can send a link to that computer and they just follow the prompts on the screen and they are ready to go - we can access it. It's very user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

I live in one state and I connect to my computer that is about five to six states away on a daily basis. We are a convenience store chain, we've got 69 convenience stores, and I use it to remotely connect to them as well, to support our back office software.

How has it helped my organization?

Our whole business operates off of the internet. For example, one our stores is located in Ashland, Kentucky. Let's say our store in Berea, Kentucky, which is about three and a half hours away, has a problem where it's simply a check-box that needs to be marked. I, or one of our other support technicians, can log into the computer in Berea from anywhere in Kentucky, or from another store, and check the box and, in a matter of seconds, be done with the job and have corrected the problem. Whereas before, we would have had to have driven all the way to the location and have used up an entire work day to check a box. It's a major time saver.

It just saves us a ton of drive time to correct issues with our back office software spreadsheets. We can correct anything, and I can work from anywhere and correct problems, and walk people through things. I can use it for training, which I have done. As a person sits in front of the computer they can watch what I do, or I can watch what they do.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I haven't really found anything that I would want to improve, it meets all of our needs. If I had to point out one thing, it would be that it is expensive.

More than five years.

No, we've never really had any issues with connections, or being able to access the website. We've never really had any problems.

No, we've not had any issues. As of right now, we're able to access every computer that we need to access.

I've not had to contact technical support for anything.

No, we did not have a previous solution. We found LogMeIn - we also used the non-Pro version. We found it and it has been the best fit for us and we've not tried anything else. I don't foresee us trying anything else. I use the iPhone app, I use the iPad app. While I'm riding in a vehicle, I can use the iPad app to connect and resolve issues, that's why I've never really needed to try anything else.

It's very simple, very simple to set up. It's even simple to remotely add a computer to our group. We can send a link to that computer and they just follow the prompts on the screen and they are ready to go - we can access it. It's very user-friendly.

It is expensive, but in the long run we still come out ahead, because it saves us so much labor and downtime driving from one location to the other. In the end it's well worth the expense.

To my knowledge, we did not evaluate any other options.

What other advice do I have?

Do it, don't hesitate, just do it, because it will be worth it.

It's just the ease of use and the time it saves, I couldn't ask for a better software to do what we need it to do.

it_user806460
    President at a manufacturing company with 1-10 employees
    Gives me the flexibility to be almost anywhere and have access to my information

• "The biggest thing is the flexibility, you can use it as long as you can get an internet connection. You can use it pretty much anywhere you're at. It just makes it a lot easier. We are a small staff, and if nobody is in the office, LogMeIn gives us secure access to get in there."
    • "You don't have to remember the password and the login all the time. Once you get it in there, it's in there, and you can go about your business."
    • "I would tell others who are looking into this solution that I feel that it's a secure solution. I never had any issues with its security element. I think that it's very simple to use. I think it is user-friendly, and you can work between computers pretty well on it."
    • "It's never cheap enough. If we got it for free, that would be perfect. But I know it's not and won't be free. It's always going to be too expensive for me because we're a small company."

What is our primary use case?

I use it to log in between computers when I'm remote, and we share it with our employees so they can log in as well.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives us mobility. Most of our processes are in our main accounting software in our office. So, whether I'm there or I'm in Chicago or Philadelphia or Boston or wherever I might be, I can get access to it. If I get a customer that calls me while I'm traveling, I can actually get to the information by using it.

What is most valuable?

The automation, where you don't have to keep entering the password and you can pull up the login client. That's the best thing because it just makes it simpler to use. You don't have to remember the password and the login all the time. Once you get it in there, it's in there, and you can go about your business.

More than five years.

I have not had any issues with the product. Any time I have issues, it has to do with the machines that we're using.

We're using it for access. We don't use it for storage or file transfers or anything like that. It's adequate for what we do.

I don't have any problems with it. I have never had to call and get support because it's pretty simple to use and understand how it works. I have no complaints, to tell you the truth.

I never have used another solution. It always worked. It's working. I understand it. The only time I would change is if the price got prohibitive enough to make me look for something.

Personally I don't remember (it's been many years). Apparently, it's not too complex because I was able to do it. I don't think it's that complex.

We're paying $839 a year, so we're paying about $70 a month. We're using the smallest version of Pro. But like I said, it's easy to use. We just don't have any qualms with it at all.

We could set up our own access, but we're small and for what this costs us, it's worth it.

I've been using it for 10 years. I used it at another company before we started our company, and I didn't even look for anything else when I did it the second time. I just went to LogMeIn and signed up. I needed something that I knew was going to work, and I had previous experience with it, and I liked it, didn't have any issues, and I was familiar with it.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell others who are looking into this solution that I feel that it's a secure solution. I never had any issues with its security element. I think that it's very simple to use. I think it is user-friendly, and you can work between computers pretty well on it, which is the most important thing to us.

It gives you a lot of flexibility when it comes to travel. It doesn't matter where you're at. I mean, I traveled overseas to Vietnam and was able to log in. You log in from anywhere in the world. So from that standpoint, it gives you access 24/7 no matter where you're at. I use it a lot from home if I'm working at night. The flexibility and the usability is probably the best part.

I give it a 10 out of 10 because I haven't had any issues with it at all. It is not something I worry about.

I'm probably the first to try something new, as well. I do know there are other ways we could do it without having to spend that kind of money. But it's not worth the effort right now for what we would save.

it_user805356
    Owner and Operator
    We use it to access a remote workstation, but they need a better pricing plan

• "Maybe they can come up with a plan if you only use it for login and, occasionally, printing. Maybe you can charge what you used to charge and then if we want to use it for files or things that are more sophisticated, charge a little more."
      • "It does go down sometimes. You try to login, it tells you the workdesk computer is not available. It does kick you off a lot."

What is our primary use case?

I use it strictly to log in and be able to access the workstation. Currently we only have a total of four users.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it to log in just to access the workstation. Every once in a blue moon you can print from that workstation to your computer, that you're currently on. I've used it for that, and that's it. We don't use it for anything else. We don't transfer files. We don't use it for anything else.

What needs improvement?

Maybe they can come up with a plan if you only use it for login and, occasionally, printing. Maybe you can charge what you used to charge and then if we want to use it for files or things that are more sophisticated, charge a little more. I'm sure when they increase their price they're going to lose a lot of clients. That's it. I don't really have anything for them to improve because I don't really use it for anything but login for now.

Three to five years.

I couldn't answer this because I just use it. We've used it the same way since we started. I can't really compare it to the other products because I don't really use all these features that everybody offers.

I've never called in.

I did use a different solution temporarily, then I switched over to LogMeIn. I think at the time LogMeIn was free, or it was only about $100 or something, so I switched. That was a long time ago so. A lot of people I know don't use LogMeIn because they have other ways that are free or close to being free.

If I used it for other things, all these other features that they offer then maybe it'd be worth it, possibly, but I don't know that.

I can't compare it to the other products. I only use it for something very simple.

The setup was pretty simple.

To be honest with you, I use it just for login and the prices are getting too high so we're going to look for an alternative solution. It used to be a couple of hundred dollars a year, now it's like $600 a year. We're definitely going to be switching shortly. Every year they have significant increases.

I don't think it's worth the value, not just to log in. It's one of those things when you use something for so long you're just used to it. But now that they've gotten so greedy, I'm definitely going to be looking for another solution. I mean, to go from $150, $200 a year to $600 a year, and I think at the end of my contract they're going up another $200 or $300 a year. It's ridiculous.

You can do a lot of things with that money. There are companies out there that do it for free.

I use a very generic version of LogMeIn just to get into the computer, that's it; which a lot of companies do for free or $99 or $49. They're charging $600.

I was using another program and then one of our vendors used LogMeIn and that same vendor said, "Hey, there's this free product." I had only used the other one for about a week so I didn't really experience it, to be honest with you. I tried LogMeIn and I just stuck with it for whatever reason. The price kept going up.

What other advice do I have?

Look at the marketplace and see what everybody's charging before you start using one of them, then see what they offer.

it_user806463
      Owner with 1-10 employees
      I can login to my computer, go into all of my software, and work from a remote location

• "I can login to my office computer, go into all of my software, and work from a remote location.​"
      • "​It must have been straightforward. My IT person set it up for me. It is a friendly program."
      • "​Everything has to be done over the web, via email, or something like that. You can't talk to a human being. That bothers me a lot.​"

What is our primary use case?

I am not a power user. I can login to my office computer when I am at a remote location, primarily just from my laptop at home. I actually have my laptop in LogMeIn, but I never go the other way, I just login to my main computer remotely.

How has it helped my organization?

It is pretty simple. I can login to my office computer, go into all of my software, and work from a remote location, as well as look up stuff: mail and stuff like that.

What is most valuable?

The ability to login remotely, which is pretty opposite. That is the important part.

What needs improvement?

I can't talk to anyone over the phone via LogMeIn. Everything has to be done over the web, via email, or something like that. You can't talk to a human being. That bothers me a lot.

More than five years.

I have not had stability issues lately. I was having issues when I was typing into a word document. It would start filling into what I had already typed, but I have not experienced that in a while, so I think that has probably been corrected.

I don't need scalability, because I'm a one man band with a one-to-one computer.

I have never been able to talk to anybody. As I recall, there is no phone support. I have not had any issues with support, but I was not able to talk to anybody.

No. This solution was recommended by my IT guy eight to 10 years ago.

It must have been straightforward. My IT person set it up for me. It is a friendly program. The only problem I had was I needed help one time setting my audio on the remote computer.

It is pricey. When they renew me, they always boost it up, I call them and they cut it back a little bit. However, I just bite the bullet.

I have a tiered pricing. If I wanted to subscribe for three years, I will get a discount for that.

It was picked for me by my IT person.

I also use GoToMeeting, but I don't hold meetings with it, I just use it to view meetings.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend LogMeIn. Over the years, I have just had minor technical issues. I am happy with the product.

it_user805380
      Business Owner with 10,001+ employees
      I don't have to physically run to another location, I have functionality from here

• "I can connect to them remotely and do all the functions I would have to do by manually driving to them, so it does make things a lot easier."
      • "At certain times of the day, during the "rush hour," it's very slow. I don't know if it's the latency of the internet or the amount of people on it in the afternoon at 4:00, 5:00pm. Getting data transferred takes a longer time than other times of the day."

What is our primary use case?

Business. I use it for moving data between machines and offices.

How has it helped my organization?

I don't have to physically run to another location. I can run it from right here. I have four different computers in my network that are not in my office. I can connect to them remotely and do all the functions I would have to do by manually driving to them, so it does make things a lot easier.

What is most valuable?

It's all good. I connect to other computers in the network I use, so I don't have to physically go to them. I use it for remote printing, and repay work, and more. I'm using it all the time.

What needs improvement?

I don't know its full capability of use. I'm trying to remote print rather than hook up to the computers, I'm not too savvy with that, so I'm doing it the old fashion way, hooking up the computer to remote print.

But really, everything is there if you're tech-savvy.

One thing I do notice, at certain times of the day, during the "rush hour," it's very slow. I don't know if it's the latency of the internet or the amount of people on it in the afternoon at 4:00, 5:00pm. Getting data transferred takes a longer time than other times of the day. That is probably not LogMeIn's issue, but it's definitely an issue with the speed of transferring data.

But all in all, I don't have anything to fix. It's quite a good tool.

Three to five years.

It's very stable.

It's scalable. It works on all machines.

I had an issue a few years back, and it was resolved. But I haven't had to use much tech support. But, all in all, the tech support is good.

I always had LogMeIn from the beginning. When I needed remote access, I always had it. For quite a while.

It was pretty straightforward when I logged in and I realize how I could connect to computers. It took me a while but, once I got it, it just became an every day thing. I'm probably not using all the features of it. I'm trying to figure out how I can remotely just print to a printer without using a computer, but I don't think that's possible.

Pricing is what I'm upset with. Now, that they bought everybody up, the price doubled.

Originally, I just had my three computers in one office, so I had no need for it. Then, as I broke the office up, the first thing I saw was PCAnywhere, years ago. I saw somebody used that. Then I went onto the internet way back and I saw LogMeIn. They were local, so I went with that and I have stayed with it ever since.

What other advice do I have?

It's working, it does what I want it to do. I'm able to connect everybody, move files around.

I would give it a nine out of 10 because it's reliable.

I would just say just try it.

it_user805353
      Sr. Merger and Acquisition Advisor, Owner at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
      Allows me to get my documents when I'm away from my home computer or my office desktop

• "It's the only product I need to be able to get to my office Outlook, to get my emails off that particular computer. Going the other way, sometimes I'll go to my home computer to do adjustments to my accounting system there."

What is our primary use case?

Going between two computers, my home laptop, and my office desktop.

How has it helped my organization?

Being able to get my documents when I'm away from either my home computer or my office desktop.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Pricing. It's been going up for just going back and forth between two computers. That's crazy. I don't use it for anything else.

Stability has been good.

I've only got the two computers registered, and I can go back and forth between them.

I haven't called them for support.

I did not use anything else before this. This is my first solution.

From my memory, it was pretty straightforward. Just download the program, you're done.

Pricing has been going up for just going back and forth between two computers. Last year I called and complained, they gave me a deal. This year, it's gone up to $350. I'm looking for a new source.

It seems to be getting expensive for me to look back and forth. That's my only complaint. I don't use any other products on the deal. Come up with a different level of service for just communicating with two computers; I use it, maybe, five minutes a day.

I just googled it. I chose it because of the pricepoint.

What other advice do I have?

It's remote access, it's easy to do.

Go online, check pricing to see if it can be competitive with anyone else at this point in time.

Chief Technology Officer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
        Gives us the ability to assign user access to servers in a decentralized environment. However, their customer service is very scripted.

• "They recently included the Kaspersky Security Suite as part of their Central Product."
        • "Unfortunately, LogMeIn is a long ways from being perfect. It has a lot of really great features, though they don't always work well."

What is most valuable?

The number one feature that seems to be the most valuable for us is the ability to assign user access to servers in a decentralized environment. Given that LogMeIn is one of the only ones in this space that can do that, it makes it a very important tool.

How has it helped my organization?

We are a very decentralized infrastructure. Though there are plenty of Remote Management tools available on the market, having a tool like LogMeIn Central proves invaluable, as it can connect from anywhere, with no required firewall adjustments.

Having this functionality allowed us to create proactive and self healing alerts by using this product. Having a remote control solution that is reliable, and a way to allow authorized users into our servers while maintaining close audit trails.

What needs improvement?

For instance, they have a Windows update feature, which is a great value-add when you have a large fleet of servers. However, Windows updates have a lot of quirks, and often times force you to go back to the individual servers and address these updates manually. Things like excluding updates from installation, or controlling that aspect of updates altogether is not possible.

Controlling the settings of windows updates (i.e., installing automatically vs download and waiting to install, etc.) rarely work, if ever.

Self-Healing features are another great idea, but they are given very little attention in development. In this day and age, you would expect that native support for PowerShell would be included, yet these features and tasks are stuck in triggering scripts with batch files.

File storage and sharing is another point of improvement. This was introduced a few months ago, and again, with very little development, and was also poorly implemented. We have started using it for a couple months, and it was so frustrating that we abandoned it.

The Kaspersky product was a welcome change. We have tested it for a while, but were reluctant to put it in production, given its potential drastic effect on the operation of our servers, and the bad history of quickly addressing problems. This one was too much of a risk, and we still opted to pay for a third party product for a security suite.

General UI issues are also a problem, there are inconsistencies in the UI between one screen and the other, and some weird Flash Bugs while performing certain actions.

Eight years.

The deployment is quite simple. A simple installation of the agent will get you up and running.

Stability with the product itself is not much of an issue. Every once in awhile, remote access to some of our remote users gets stuck, and requires the restart of the agent, but for the most part, the actual service is pretty stable.

The same cannot necessarily be said about some of the accompanying services, like Windows updates, files, self-healing actions, etc.

This product seems pretty scalable. We are currently only running about 200 servers on it. The only issue with scalability is the UI itself does not handle some bulk actions, but other than that, it works ok.

This is a very weak point with LogMeIn.

Their customer service is very scripted and almost mindless. It takes forever to escalate to get some actual help. When escalated, issues are looked at, but very rarely is a solution fully-provided. Typically, the answer is, we see it, we will work on it, then we never hear from them again.

This has driven us to really rethink the LogMeIn service altogether. Unfortunately, we are not able to find something that offers the same feature set and is competitive.

Technical support is lacking, despite our multiple complaints about the low quality of customer support; very little is ever done on it. This is over the span of three to four years of usage. Unless some really drastic decisions are made, I would not expect much from support.

I have used TeamViewer (not the enterprise version), and it was a very good remote control solution, but last I checked, it did not have the feature sets that LogMeIn offered, such as allowing users with specific permissions and managing fleets of computers, updates, running scripts, and self-healing actions. Those are valuable LogMeIn features. Unfortunately, with no competition in the market. (Perhaps that could explain their lack of care on improving or addressing issues, since they have monopoly on this feature set.)

The initial setup was extremely simple, when it comes to the agents.

Other aspects, like setting up healing actions and alerts take a bit more time, but are also not too hard to work with.

We did the implementation in-house

The ROI is almost instantaneous, in that it aggregates multiple functions into one, and allows for proactive actions that could otherwise cause some downtime or inconvenience.

The pricing is not too bad. However, there is one very important point to keep in mind regarding the Central Licensing.

We have advised our reps about this many years ago, with no change, so our guess is that this will be in place for a while.

LogMeIn currently has Central plans that cover incremental agents. (I.e, 100 Agents, 250 Agent, 500 Agents, 1000 Agents, etc.)

If you subscribe the package of 100 Agents, but install 5, you are still paying for the 100 agent package.

When you reach the 101, you have to upgrade your package to 250, even though you're only using 100+1. The cost you have to absorb until you hit a breakeven point is quite big (depending how fast you are adding agents).

We have asked to create smaller increments of plans so that it is more cost effective, but so far, it has fallen on deaf ears.

TeamViewer. Though we could not really find any other products out there with the same feature set, unfortunately.

What other advice do I have?

LogMeIn is a great product, and unfortunately, is a necessary evil.

We use it now, because we need it. It does some things well, but causes a lot of frustration in usage. If there was a product on the market that does what LogMeIn does, but better, we would consider it very seriously.

it_user516729
        Head of IT
        ​Remote Access for external and internal customers needs improvement. Its most valuable features are its UI and velocity.

What is most valuable?

User interface Velocity

How has it helped my organization?

We are using LogMeIn for our IT Management. For while, we were just doing some tests and we will decide what we will do soon.

What needs improvement?

Remote Access for external and internal customers. Remote Management for support to staff in our company.

For at least five years.

Yeah.

Customer Service: An eight out of 10. Technical Support: An eight out of 10.

Which solution did I use previously and

What is most valuable?

• User interface
        • Velocity

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

• Remote Access for external and internal customers.
        • Remote Management for support to staff in our company.

For at least five years.

Yeah.

An eight out of 10.

An eight out of 10.

I have been using some open source options, like TeamViewer.

No, I did it alone.

Approximately 30%.

It is very good.

Yes, options with Remote Access and Meeting.

it_user516648
        User at a pharma/biotech company with 51-200 employees
        We looked at TeamViewer, Bomgar and decided on LogMeIn​.

What is most valuable?

LogMeIn allows me to quickly and efficiently assist my users across the United States. The interface is very easy to use. It clearly shows all workstations I have access to. It allows me to set up groups of computers and give limited access to them.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows the IT department to be more mobile and assist from any location.

What needs improvement?

Would like for the client to be searchable.

I have been using LogMeIn for over 3 years.

Product is stable in all of our computer environments.

Customer Service: I have called tech support and my issue was resolved quickly.…

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

It allows the IT department to be more mobile and assist from any location.

What needs improvement?

Would like for the client to be searchable.

I have been using LogMeIn for over 3 years.

Product is stable in all of our computer environments.

I have called tech support and my issue was resolved quickly.

5 stars.

I have used Bomgar and LogMeIn was more cost effective and had a great ROI.

We implemented in-house.

We looked at TeamViewer, Bomgar and decided on LogMeIn.

it_user521691
        Vp Of Enterprise IT at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
        The reliability and ease of use are the most valuable features.

What is most valuable?

I'd say, the reliability and ease of use are the most valuable features. You can get going in no time.

How has it helped my organization?

There is nothing like seeing the problem, when the customer reports a problem. Nothing like seeing that problem in action. When you are on the other end, when you are the customer, when you are trying to talk to, let's say, Dell, or anybody else, then you take LogMeIn, to enable them to look at my computer, and then they know exactly what is going on; then the problem is resolved very quickly.

So, this has probably saved, I would say, you can even count it up for a big company, years worth of time, cumulatively speaking, when you take multiple employees into account. Otherwise, problem solving is very, very difficult.

What needs improvement?

When using LogMeIn, you need a separate chat window. Also, you cannot talk when the other party is able to see your laptop, or vice versa. When you're really trying to communicate, you're better off actually typing, "Hey, don't do that." "Go here." Something like that. Having a nice chat window would be ideal.

I have had no problems with the LogMeIn stability, and in terms of usage, I've used it numerous times, but have had no problems.

The way I think it works, you can deploy it across an organisation, so from that standpoint, I have not had a problem. Some companies use GoToMeeting. My current company uses GoToMeeting as an alternative. LogMeIn came later. Both are pretty highly scalable solutions.

I have no experience with technical support.

I've been using these things for many years, so previously, I've been using GoToMeeting, which has a different purpose.

There is one other product that they made it ultratrivial: You just get a URL, and you just type it and go.

The setup was very, very easy. So, from that standpoint, it's very simple; just some client downloads on your laptop, and within minutes, you're in business.

Even though there are competing products, I would not hesitate to go with LogMeIn.

The benefits I looked for are:

• Number one, the product works reliably, as promised.
        • Number two, the simplicity aspect of the product.
        • Number three, if there are any self-service videos. If there is a problem you don't quite understand, look at a training video. So you're not sitting and reading, or trying to call somebody.

What other advice do I have?

There are several alternative setups available, which are probably cheaper. I would ask any potential customer to check more and more; to evaluate it carefully, for multiple features administered, and then make sure that it works every time. Because, as this is a frequently used product, you don't want headaches with it. It is not like something else, numerous people are using it, and numerous people are using it frequently. So, you don't not want trouble with this kind of product. Otherwise, too many people will be calling you.

it_user521877
        Director, Information Technology at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
        It's one means for the IT team to address issues that our staff might have.

What is most valuable?

It's one means for the IT team to address issues that our staff might have. That's our primary thing; getting to them. Some of them are on the road all the time, so it's an easy way for us to get to them, and figure out what's going on.

What needs improvement?

The management part probably needs improving. It can get a little cluttered. That's probably the biggest area for improvement, at least from my perspective. When I go in there sometimes, it's a little difficult to figure out where it is. Maybe it's because I don't personally use it all the time. I think that's one area I think it can really improve on.

We've been using this product for about four or five years now.

For the most part, it is stable. We haven't had any major issues, or noticeable issues. I'm sure it happens on and off, but it's nothing that I can complain about.

It is scalable. It is. We have about 200 employees. As part of our deployment, when we provision a system for somebody, it goes in as a default; definitely. As we need it, obviously it's a way to get to them.

We haven't really had to contact the technical support much, which is probably a good thing. At least I'm not aware of any instance where we have had to get in touch with them. My guys basically take care of it, so I don't know. I haven't heard of any issues in terms of having to contact support.

The setup is very straightforward. We have been doing it for a while, so now it's second nature.

What other advice do I have?

I think it can bring a lot of value. I'm sure there are other products out there worth looking into. In our experience, we haven't had any issues. It's been stable. We're able to get to it, and it helps us run our business and service our employees better. I would definitely recommend it.

Field Engineer at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
        I am able to remote in from another floor into a users computer without having to leave my desk.

What is most valuable?

Remote access into computers and the ability to save the passwords to make remote access easier and faster.

How has it helped my organization?

I am able to remote in from another floor into a users computer without having to leave the comfort of my own desk.

What needs improvement?

The UI could be a little bit more robust.

One year.

No problems.

Customer Service: The customer support was great. Any issues I encountered were responded to in a timely manner and they were able to resolve any issues that I had. Technical Support: I would rate the level of service as excellent. Response and resolution was…

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

The UI could be a little bit more robust.

One year.

No problems.

I would rate the level of service as excellent. Response and resolution was handled professionally.

The initial setup was straightforward. Easy to follow and the instructions were clear and detailed.

What other advice do I have?

Using this product has helped me keep track of prior users of the computers. We have remote users in different states and made working with them easy as I can manually take over the computer and resolve the issue.

Teacher Technology Engagement Program Coordinator/Technician at a educational organization with 10,001+ employees
        Launching a Calling Card on a user’s desktop quickly and securely accesses their computer.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to seamlessly launch a Calling Card on a user’s desktop to quickly and securely access their computer with reboot integration and data transfer.

How has it helped my organization?

We previously used a VNC client, which was not secure. It was buggy and did not provide automatic reconnection. LogMeIn allows us to work more securely with remote clients.

What needs improvement?

I would like the ability to “Remote” into a machine without the Calling Card being activated.

We have used LogMeIn for 2 years.

With our recent Windows 10 rollout, there was a rough patch, but that has been corrected.

We have not encountered any issues with scalability.

I rate technical support a 10.

We used previous solutions for the reasons mentioned.

Initial installation and setup was very simple. The backend interface is very user friendly and the support techs were very helpful when needed.

Do not dive straight in to a full-scale user license unless you constantly have users logged in.

What other advice do I have?

Document and train. It is a very easy tool to use, but proper training needs to be implemented.