LogMeIn Rescue Overview

LogMeIn Rescue is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Remote Access tools. It is most often compared to TeamViewer: LogMeIn Rescue vs TeamViewer

What is LogMeIn Rescue?

LogMeIn Rescue delivers unparalleled remote IT support technology that allows enterprises to better manage mobile remote support and remote desktop support helping users across PC, Mac, iOS, Android support and more. Features include remote computer access, mobile app support, and the exciting Rescue Lens interactive video support feature that allows support technicians to see exactly what the end user can see. LogMeIn Rescue is truly on the cutting edge of the remote technical support industry.

Free Trial

LogMeIn Rescue Buyer's Guide

Download the LogMeIn Rescue Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

LogMeIn Rescue Customers

Lenovo, HTC, 3M, Accenture, IBM, HP, General Electric, Make-A-Wish, Vodafone, Zero Motorcycles, Arise, Fuji Xerox, Endsleigh Insurance, Fordham University, Hologic, Meineke, Motorola, Toyota, and more.

LogMeIn Rescue Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

it_user793641
Net Admin at a translation and localization position with 51-200 employees
It is very straightforward to set up, use, install, and transfer sessions

What is our primary use case?

It is a remote desktop support platform, so primarily we use it in that function to support our company.

• "No issues with scalability. It is a fairly simple model. If I wanted to add five more, I would just buy five more people and licenses, apply the program to their computers, and give them their login."
  • "​The initial setup is easy. If you want the desktop program, you just download and install it."
  • "It is very straightforward to set up, use, install, and transfer sessions."
  • "​Network browsing and connecting on the LAN, because if you can't see the computers on your network​, what good is the product?"
  • "They need to improve their technical support."
it_user809925
IT Manager at a retailer with 51-200 employees
we're able to log in when an issue happens and address it, so there's minimal downtime

What is our primary use case?

To support users in the field.

• "If an issue happens, we're able to log in at the time that it happens and address it , so there's minimal downtime."
  • "The ability see iOS devices helps us out a lot because the majority of our users are iOS device users."
  • "it's very easy to use, it's very efficient."
  • "The tech support person I spoke to was very knowledgeable about the product, and was straightforward with me about its capabilities. There was no fluff about the product. They basically said this is not available now and we're hoping to have it available in the third or fourth quarter. It was nice to talk to someone who was straightforward and knew about the product."
  • "it needs better iOS integration. It's still limited in its functionality when it comes to iOS. Currently, when you do something other than iOS, you're not able to take control of what's going on; instead of having to tell the user, "Click here, click there," I would like to have full control over an iOS device."

What other advice do I have?

I would just tell them to do it. It's a very easy solution. It will save them a ton of man-hours and downtime if they invest in this software, because again, it's very easy to use, it's very efficient. At this point in time I'd give it an eight out of 10. I'd like to see, again, more iOS integration, the flexibility to work with iPads and iPhones a little more easily would definitely make the product top-notch. When it comes to PCs and Androids it's a non issue. It's a great product for Windows, Mac, and Android, but when it comes to iOS, it's still kind of limited.
Learn what your peers think about LogMeIn Rescue. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Robert Gabriel
President/CEO at Microwize Technology Inc.
My technicians are able to invite other technicians to connect live, and help

What is our primary use case?

I use LogMeIn Rescue mostly. I have about 17 technicians that are using it. They connect to customers and they are able to take over the machine, and they can transfer files back and forth. They can invite in another technician. Everything is recorded and the customers get to send the review about the visit at the end of the session.

• "I have technicians all over, and not everybody is an expert in all areas. They are able to bring other expertise from different locations with the click of a mouse. They can invite in other technicians, so I can have most of the technicians collaborate on the same question, and that’s really amazing."
  • "I tried different software out there and LogMeIn Rescue has the best compatibility. Something else might work, but you have conflict with so many networks. LogMeIn has the best ratio of almost 99% connection. Whereas, with some other software, you are lucky if you get 80%."
  • "It works with different operating systems, I can connect to a PC or Mac."
  • "It has a feature that, when you take over the machine, you can get into the system administrator level. We’re able to tweak things on the machine as if we’re sitting there."
  • "The one big problem that I have with LogMeIn Rescue is, I use a Mac. All my technicians use PCs. I use a Mac, and the Mac agent crashes at least once a day. I have to stop it and start it again. To date, I don’t have a problem with people using PC. I think the Mac app that they have needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I think it’s the best product out there. It’s probably one of the most pricey but it’s the best product out there. I give it a nine and a half out of 10. The only part that needs improvement is the agent on the Mac. The agent on the Mac is not as stable as the agent on the PC. Also, on the PC you can actually reverse the screen so you can have the other side, the customer, view your screen. You cannot do that on a Mac.
it_user803538
Associate Director of IT Assets & Procurement
It helps our tech support staff resolve issues on a first-call basis, no waiting

What is our primary use case?

End-user support for staff not currently on our internal network.

• "The multiple connect methods really help with users who are not tech savvy or knowledgeable about their own computers."
  • "They need to combine computer and mobile end-user support to be a more streamlined experience."

What other advice do I have?

The product is a 10 out of 10 for use. Very user-friendly and works across all of the systems our enterprise support team supports. Very useful for accessing and troubleshooting remote systems not currently on our internal network. Definitely worth trying and removes obstacles to providing immediate support to remote staff.
it_user803535
Technical Architect
Convenient remote access for our team, but doesn't work well on smart devices

What is our primary use case?

I am working for an IT support company and we require tools to service our clients and our in-house department.

• "Secondly, the product needs improvement on mobile interfaces because on mobile devices it doesn't perform very well. On computers, it is good, with desktops, laptops, it is good. Sometimes iPad is good, but going with other devices, like Android or Windows on smart phones, ​it's always a problem."

What other advice do I have?

I would say LogMeIn is good. If you are really looking for nice reporting, a nice tool, go to LogMeIn. I give it a seven out of 10 because of the service issues and the product not being available for 100% of what I do. I do work on smart devices. LogMeIn doesn't perform. They do commit to it performing, but it does not actually perform.
    it_user799512
    TSM at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    The time it takes to troubleshoot one of our users is cut significantly using the tool

• "The time it takes to troubleshoot one of our users is cut significantly."
    • "Instead of trying to walk-through a user on how to fix their computer, we just log in, do it, and move on to the next case."
    • "I will say 100% in five years, I do not think we have had to use technical support for anything."
    • "It is very stable. It adjusts to bandwidth very well."
    • "You should be able to remote on an iPhone like you remote on an Android. It is not the same experience. Unless you are very savvy on iOS, you are pretty much lost.​"

What other advice do I have?

Test it at a low scale, because it is an expensive product. Test it at a low scale for a month or two. After that, make the decision if it will work for you.
    it_user799515
    Web Services Administrator at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees

• "With the product, I have never had an issue with it. I have never had to look up anything or call anyone."
    • "​The initial setup was straightforward and simple. We did not have any training. We just installed it and were able to use it right away.​"
    • "Has an easy way to remote on to a remote computer without having prior access to it."
    • "​The interface is not ​user-friendly. It looks a little outdated.​ I think the options are there. I think just the layout needs improvement.​"
    it_user793644
    IT Infrastructure Lead at a energy/utilities company with 51-200 employees
    We're able to share a user's screen, see exactly what's happening and diagnose issues

• "​Our favorite feature is being able to diagnose customers' problems by seeing them on the screen, rather than just over the phone."
    • "​The pricing, is a little on the high end but it's proven itself to be worth it for sure."

What other advice do I have?

It works really well. It allows us to see the problems on users' screens.
    it_user790488
    Senior Technology Director
    Allows us to rapidly solve issues for our customers on a remote basis

What is our primary use case?

We primarily utilize this for remote assistance for our clients' workstations.

• "It allows us to rapidly solve issues for our customers on a remote basis, regardless of the location of the customer."
    • "The desktop sharing allows our clients to demonstrate the issue they are having, and then allows us to provide remediation directly."
    • "I would like a single sign on for all of our (five) accounts so that I can immediately use an available seat. Right now, I have to try to log in with each account separately, in an attempt to find an available license that is not currently in use."
    • "I occasionally need to reboot my computer after using LogMeIn, due to an issue with IE. It stops responding to keyboard input every once in a while, after disconnecting from a session. A reboot resolves it."
    it_user790485
    Data Center Technician
    Quickly, easily connects clients to our triage techs, allows us to resolve issues quickly

• "We are able to quickly and easily get clients connected to our triage techs which allows us to resolve issues much more quickly, and with little stress."
    • "Being able to transfer files quickly and easily via the remote file manager."
    • "Ability to save a permanent remote connection, hold, and/or transfer."
    • "Support to remotely control more mobile devices' screens is desperately needed. It is sad to see how long this product has been out and how many phones are still not supported for, specifically, remote screen control."
    • "I do wish there was an application to manage all of the admin properties of the subscription, rather than having to use the web portal."

What other advice do I have?

This product is easily a 10 out of 10. To me, Rescue is the best in the business - the Cadillac of quick access remote software. Everything from the functionality of the product, options, efficiency, and innovation makes this the best. I personally have used Rescue since about 2005. When I was hired at MapleTronics and they asked the techs if we knew of a good call center remote app for non-agreement clients, I quickly recommended Rescue. If you have any questions, call support and they will go to the moon and back to make sure your questions and/or concerns are addressed. Other than that…
    AO
    Director of IT at a retailer with 11-50 employees
    Enables me to remote reboot and reconnect without the end user; and I can run it as a console, see event logs through the utility itself

• "I can remote reboot and know I can reconnect automatically without having to have the end user log back in again."
    • "The ability to run it as a console when I log in. It thinks I'm there. It allows me to do file transfers. It allows me to see event logs through the utility, as opposed to having to open them on the client machine, so I can help troubleshoot unobtrusively."
    • "I wish this product was tied to a Help Desk package so I could manage tickets and have an infrastructure, with this being the primary tool to troubleshoot."

What other advice do I have?

The pro is, of course, that the end-user experience is about as easy as can be with this product. And from a technician point of view, it gives you so many tools to help diagnose that end machine, which is fantastic. To me, that was the biggest selling point. I can get in there and do my job and not have to harass the end user. And I can do just about anything with it remotely. The only con that I would say is that I wish this product was tied to a Help Desk package so I could manage tickets and have an infrastructure, with this being the primary tool to troubleshoot. In other words, a user…
    it_user779370
    Co-Founder
    It allows us virtually unlimited computers for remote access on Unattended

• "Being able to reboot computers into safe mode, when needed. That has come in handy in regards to IT troubleshooting."
    • "I would like to see a mobile client that would work on an iPad, so I do not always have to be on a PC or a full-blown Mac operating system."

What other advice do I have?

I do not have any shortcomings with the product at all. It meets our exact needs for what it does and how we use it.
    it_user776925
    Chief Information Officer
    Gives flexibility to be in more than one place at a time. However, if price is an issue, look elsewhere.

What other advice do I have?

Do your homework.
    it_user71904
    IT Manager, System Engineer, Consultant at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
    Provides a multi-operating system with multi-platform support

What is our primary use case?

I do remote support, and the ability to work. Once I am connected, I can keep working on it, so it seems to be consistent. Big companies are using it. It has been working great for us.

What other advice do I have?

It works. It's the best product out there for support. The caveat is the price. You're paying for it. It is by far, probably, the premier product out there for support. The problem is, for a smaller organization, it has basically priced themselves out of the market.
    it_user774171
    Owner
    ​It will save you money and time. It probably pays for itself in the first 60 days of use every year.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great product. The reality is if you buy it to manage phones, you probably should not buy it. But if you buy it to manage computers, it will do just about anything you need to do. It will do anything you're capable of doing. If you have got a computer that is not on the Internet, it does not do you a bit of good. You still have to go to that site. But you can do anything in LogMeIn that you can do sitting in front of a computer, if you are capable.