LogMeIn Rescue OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

LogMeIn Rescue is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Remote Access tools. It is most often compared to LogMeIn Central: LogMeIn Rescue vs LogMeIn Central

What is LogMeIn Rescue?

LogMeIn Rescue delivers unparalleled remote IT support technology that allows enterprises to better manage mobile remote support and remote desktop support helping users across PC, Mac, iOS, Android support and more. Features include remote computer access, mobile app support, and the exciting Rescue Lens interactive video support feature that allows support technicians to see exactly what the end user can see. LogMeIn Rescue is truly on the cutting edge of the remote technical support industry.

Free Trial

LogMeIn Rescue Buyer's Guide

Download the LogMeIn Rescue Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

LogMeIn Rescue Customers

Lenovo, HTC, 3M, Accenture, IBM, HP, General Electric, Make-A-Wish, Vodafone, Zero Motorcycles, Arise, Fuji Xerox, Endsleigh Insurance, Fordham University, Hologic, Meineke, Motorola, Toyota, and more.

LogMeIn Rescue Video

Archived LogMeIn Rescue Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user793641
Net Admin at a translation and localization position with 51-200 employees
It is very straightforward to set up, use, install, and transfer sessions

• "No issues with scalability. It is a fairly simple model. If I wanted to add five more, I would just buy five more people and licenses, apply the program to their computers, and give them their login."
  • "​The initial setup is easy. If you want the desktop program, you just download and install it."
  • "It is very straightforward to set up, use, install, and transfer sessions."
  • "​Network browsing and connecting on the LAN, because if you can't see the computers on your network​, what good is the product?"
  • "They need to improve their technical support."

What is our primary use case?

It is a remote desktop support platform, so primarily we use it in that function to support our company.

How has it helped my organization?

Before we were using this, everything either had to be in-person, or one computer at a time. There was no way to access multiple computers, or share between technicians. This has allowed us to do all that while supporting everybody inside and outside our company simultaneously. It is much easier and simpler than anything else with a URL and code.

What is most valuable?

It is very straightforward to set up, use, install, and transfer sessions. File transfer, screen capture, video replay.

What needs improvement?

Network browsing and connecting on the LAN, because if you can't see the computers on your network, what good is the product?

Also, they need to improve their technical support.

It is stable.

No issues with scalability. It is a fairly simple model. If I wanted to add five more, I would just buy five more people and licenses, apply the program to their computers, and give them their login. It is a pretty easy process to get done.

Technical support is adequate. They are pretty focused on what it is that they do, and if there are any problems outside of that, they are not impressive.

Previously, we just used Remote Desktop and in-person sessions.

The initial setup is easy. If you want the desktop program, you just download and install it. There are no problems.

In-house

That's relative.

The rescue model is licensed by user. I have five users licensed.

The pricing is worth the value.

I never evaluated anybody else when purchasing this solution. There are other options now, but not that many options six years ago.

I have tried Bomgar, and some other items for this, but none of them when I was initially looking for a solution. At that time, LogMeIn was the best on the market.

it_user809925
IT Manager at a retailer with 51-200 employees
we're able to log in when an issue happens and address it, so there's minimal downtime

• "If an issue happens, we're able to log in at the time that it happens and address it , so there's minimal downtime."
  • "The ability see iOS devices helps us out a lot because the majority of our users are iOS device users."
  • "it's very easy to use, it's very efficient."
  • "The tech support person I spoke to was very knowledgeable about the product, and was straightforward with me about its capabilities. There was no fluff about the product. They basically said this is not available now and we're hoping to have it available in the third or fourth quarter. It was nice to talk to someone who was straightforward and knew about the product."
  • "it needs better iOS integration. It's still limited in its functionality when it comes to iOS. Currently, when you do something other than iOS, you're not able to take control of what's going on; instead of having to tell the user, "Click here, click there," I would like to have full control over an iOS device."

What is our primary use case?

To support users in the field.

How has it helped my organization?

Because we have many users in the field, the only time they would ever come to the corporate office is on a Monday, so if something would happen to go wrong on a Tuesday, the issue couldn't get resolved for a full week.

Now it's almost instantaneous. The issue happens, we're able to log in at the time that it happens and address the issue, so there's minimal downtime.

The ability see iOS devices helps us out a lot because the majority of our users are iOS device users. That is a great feature that's helped us tremendously over the course of the year. Because, to have an individual who doesn't know much about computers try to explain to you what the issue is, and you're trying to navigate them through menus, it's kind of difficult, especially when they're not that savvy with either iOS or the device itself.

What is most valuable?

The ability to remotely access the desktop, or remotely log in to the user's interface to see what they're doing and interact with them.

What needs improvement?

I would think it needs better iOS integration. It's still limited in its functionality when it comes to iOS. Currently, when you do something other than iOS, you're not able to take control of what's going on; instead of having to tell the user, "Click here, click there," I would like to have full control over an iOS device, if that were possible.

The other thing I'd like to see, because we are also a LogMeIn client, would be that at some time the two would integrate so I don't have two different platforms to manage.

I've never had any of stability issues. I've never had an issue where I was unable to use it for an extended period of time. Most of the time, if there is an issue, it is more internet based, or user based. Nothing with the product itself, though.

Because we only support about 100 users, but we never get many concurrent calls, whatever it offers now is perfect for us. It's not limited in its capabilities.

It was a good experience. The person I spoke to was very knowledgeable about the product, and was straightforward with me about its capabilities. There was no fluff about the product. They basically said, this is not available now and we're hoping to have it available in the third or fourth quarter. It was nice to talk to someone who was straightforward and knew about the product.

We did have another solution. It wasn't as user-friendly on the user side - not so much on my side, on the user side. I really needed something to tell the end user, "Just go to this website and install the product," and be done. The other product, I had to install it, make sure it was running when the laptop started. If it wasn't running, to tell the user how to start the product was an issue. So we just abandoned that whole solution.

Very simple. Go to a website, put in the meeting ID and just install the app that comes up. Straightforward, no issues. The software is pretty self-explanatory.

It's definitely worth the value.

At that time I was using LogMeIn, and I was very happy with that product, so when they started pushing Rescue, I demo-ed it and it was very similar to LogMeIn so I decided to go that route.

What other advice do I have?

I would just tell them to do it. It's a very easy solution. It will save them a ton of man-hours and downtime if they invest in this software, because again, it's very easy to use, it's very efficient.

At this point in time I'd give it an eight out of 10. I'd like to see, again, more iOS integration, the flexibility to work with iPads and iPhones a little more easily would definitely make the product top-notch. When it comes to PCs and Androids it's a non issue. It's a great product for Windows, Mac, and Android, but when it comes to iOS, it's still kind of limited.

Learn what your peers think about LogMeIn Rescue. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
540,984 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Robert Gabriel
President/CEO at Microwize Technology Inc.
My technicians are able to invite other technicians to connect live, and help

• "I have technicians all over, and not everybody is an expert in all areas. They are able to bring other expertise from different locations with the click of a mouse. They can invite in other technicians, so I can have most of the technicians collaborate on the same question, and that’s really amazing."
  • "I tried different software out there and LogMeIn Rescue has the best compatibility. Something else might work, but you have conflict with so many networks. LogMeIn has the best ratio of almost 99% connection. Whereas, with some other software, you are lucky if you get 80%."
  • "It works with different operating systems, I can connect to a PC or Mac."
  • "It has a feature that, when you take over the machine, you can get into the system administrator level. We’re able to tweak things on the machine as if we’re sitting there."
  • "The one big problem that I have with LogMeIn Rescue is, I use a Mac. All my technicians use PCs. I use a Mac, and the Mac agent crashes at least once a day. I have to stop it and start it again. To date, I don’t have a problem with people using PC. I think the Mac app that they have needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I use LogMeIn Rescue mostly. I have about 17 technicians that are using it. They connect to customers and they are able to take over the machine, and they can transfer files back and forth. They can invite in another technician. Everything is recorded and the customers get to send the review about the visit at the end of the session.

What is most valuable?

It works with different operating systems, I can connect to a PC or Mac.

The feature that, when you take over the machine, you can get into the system administrator level. We’re able to tweak things on the machine as if we’re sitting there.

More than five years.

No stability issues, ever.

No issues with scalability.

I don’t think we ever needed to get tech support on the line because the software is so easy to use. We are able to figure out everything ourselves. Maybe, in the last 12 years, if I remember correctly, it went down for 15 minutes. I don’t even remember if that’s true of not, but I don’t think we ever went down more than 15 minutes, one time.

I was using something called VNC Connect, that was a free solution. It was not as professional and it was not as secure as, I heard that people can get viruses from VNC. I didn’t want to take that chance. I went with LogMeIn Rescue and, again, the compatibility - that you can connect to people. Also, there’s something called the dial-in so for people that use us all the time, we can have an icon on their screen and they can click that icon and we connect to them.

For people whose computers we maintain, we can have those computers on file. Without having somebody to invite us, we can actually log in automatically, and that’s unlimited.

Collaboration is the most important thing where multiple technicians can connect, which the other software didn’t have. So we went from VNC to Rescue.

However, the cost of LogMeIn was high. I don’t remember the name of the product, but I went with another product that was going to give me savings of 50%. We tested it, one technician tested it, he gave us the thumbs up. Then once we moved all my technicians to it, it didn’t work. We had to go back and break the contract. In 12 years I to move to something else only once, because of cost. I quickly came back.

LogMeIn Rescue, they own another product, they just acquired it, it’s called GoToAssist, which costs less money but, again, it’s not as efficient as LogMeIn Rescue.

The set up was very straightforward. We didn’t even have to call tech support to create it.

You can create groups and you put technicians in the group and the technicians can have access to different resources, depending on the group. That’s really mostly for the computers that I have access to 24/7. You might not want to give all your technicians total control access to those resources. So you can have different groups.

I was actually pleasantly surprised when one of my people was getting support from Microsoft and they found out that Microsoft also uses LogMeIn Rescue. I didn’t need that to sell me. I tried to get off LogMeIn Rescue because of cost. But doing that hindered our performance and productivity and it was not worth the savings. We quickly went back to LogMeIn after three months.

What other advice do I have?

I think it’s the best product out there. It’s probably one of the most pricey but it’s the best product out there.

I give it a nine and a half out of 10. The only part that needs improvement is the agent on the Mac. The agent on the Mac is not as stable as the agent on the PC. Also, on the PC you can actually reverse the screen so you can have the other side, the customer, view your screen. You cannot do that on a Mac.

it_user803538
Associate Director of IT Assets & Procurement
It helps our tech support staff resolve issues on a first-call basis, no waiting

• "The multiple connect methods really help with users who are not tech savvy or knowledgeable about their own computers."
  • "They need to combine computer and mobile end-user support to be a more streamlined experience."

What is our primary use case?

End-user support for staff not currently on our internal network.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps Support Techs resolve issues on a first-call basis, without having to wait for other tools to be freed up or become available.

What is most valuable?

We're able to give the same live support experience, regardless of whether the end-user is on a smartphone or a computer.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues to date.

Tech support has been excellent when engaged.

We have other tools that are included in our management systems but they are not as easy to use. We still have them. LogMeIn compliments them by connecting easily to machines that are not currently connected to the company's internal network or via a VPN tunnel. These are not issues for LogMeIn; just an internet-only connection is needed.

Straightforward and easy.

Pricing is reasonable and easily offsets other costs, while resolving issues in a much quicker timeframe.

TeamViewer, Timbuktu, Remote Desktop for Windows, and Casper Remote (now Jamf Pro).

What other advice do I have?

The product is a 10 out of 10 for use. Very user-friendly and works across all of the systems our enterprise support team supports. Very useful for accessing and troubleshooting remote systems not currently on our internal network.

Definitely worth trying and removes obstacles to providing immediate support to remote staff.

it_user803535
Technical Architect
Convenient remote access for our team, but doesn't work well on smart devices

• "Secondly, the product needs improvement on mobile interfaces because on mobile devices it doesn't perform very well. On computers, it is good, with desktops, laptops, it is good. Sometimes iPad is good, but going with other devices, like Android or Windows on smart phones, ​it's always a problem."

What is our primary use case?

I am working for an IT support company and we require tools to service our clients and our in-house department.

How has it helped my organization?

We have an application, our LogMeIn application, a one-click application. Because we have employees in different locations, we have given them this application, so when they click the application, they have remote access. It's easy for us, they don't have to call us. They don't have to talk to us. They don't have to do anything other than simply click, and they are connected to the IT office, so they can help people out.

What is most valuable?

LogMeIn remote tool is a high priority for business, that's for sure. We require a remote tool. It's mainly for remotely doing business and doing jobs, so we don't have to go there.

What needs improvement?

How the accounts work is one thing that needs improving. The account people always recommend one thing and and something different happens. I was in a monthly commitment, paying them monthly. My credit card got changed at the point in time LogMeIn was trying to run the payment and it didn't go through. I gave the new credit card to LogMeIn, they processed the payment. A week after that, I got a call from my bank saying they want to charge me for the next year. I told my bank to stop the payment because I am paying a monthly cost, I have a budget. You cannot ask me for a year commitment at the moment. I have a year commitment to the program, we have signed the contract, but the agreement was to pay monthly.

Secondly, the product needs improvement on mobile interfaces because on mobile devices it doesn't perform very well. On computers, it is good, with desktops, laptops, it is good. Sometimes iPad is good, but going with other devices, like Android or Windows on smart phones, it's always a problem.

Three to five years.

No issues with stability.

Scalability is okay.

My experience with tech support has been good.

I was with Bomgar, but Bomgar used to provide me hardware to install, so that was the reason I left it. Otherwise, I liked Bomgar better than LogMeIn, actually. But the issue was that in every center you have to install their hardware, so that was the problem for me.

LogMeIn setup is pretty simple.

I have a few others I work with. I have to keep them because you cannot rely on one. You never know.

What other advice do I have?

I would say LogMeIn is good. If you are really looking for nice reporting, a nice tool, go to LogMeIn.

I give it a seven out of 10 because of the service issues and the product not being available for 100% of what I do. I do work on smart devices. LogMeIn doesn't perform. They do commit to it performing, but it does not actually perform.

it_user799512
    TSM at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    The time it takes to troubleshoot one of our users is cut significantly using the tool

• "The time it takes to troubleshoot one of our users is cut significantly."
    • "Instead of trying to walk-through a user on how to fix their computer, we just log in, do it, and move on to the next case."
    • "I will say 100% in five years, I do not think we have had to use technical support for anything."
    • "It is very stable. It adjusts to bandwidth very well."
    • "You should be able to remote on an iPhone like you remote on an Android. It is not the same experience. Unless you are very savvy on iOS, you are pretty much lost.​"

How has it helped my organization?

The time it takes to troubleshoot one of our users is cut significantly. Instead of trying to walk-through a user on how to fix their computer, we just log in, do it, and move on to the next case.

To troubleshoot, e.g., a connection, it may take half an hour without LogMeIn. It can take two minutes with LogMeIn.

What is most valuable?

It has a client, but it is pretty quick loading the client on the users that we have to connect back. It is very light and quick.

We have several machines that have the client always listening for us: servers and personless computers. We have a few of those installed. Also, when we have users who we will start working on them, and then they have to use the computers for something else, then we will leave it on for 24 hour to 48 hours. We will just wait for the email from them to let us know that we can have the computer, and we resume our session.

What needs improvement?

When we try to remote into an iPhone, it is not as easy as an Android or a computer. The iPhone remote: It needs some improvement.

When do you log in, it maybe how the iOS deals with it. You cannot actually take control, you can only see. You can only pretty much read. If you need to go to another screen, you get disconnected if you did not do it right. If the user has to interact with you on it, then it becomes a little difficult.

More than five years.

It is very stable. It adjusts to bandwidth very well.

It is a remote, so its one-to-one. It takes what it takes. Again, going back to the bandwidth, if you get a customer that has a pretty bad bandwidth, you can always scale it down to grayscale, reduce the screen, or the refresh. It really adapts to the conditions you have.

I think we have the top license, so there is no room for upgrading.

We used customer support one time that we have a problem with the licensing. They explained it to us, and that was it.

We had VNC, pcAnywhere, and TeamViewer. Now, TeamViewer is almost or as robust as LogMeIn. However, we needed something that did not need knowledge on the user side. In order to do pcAnywhere or VNC, they had to be on a VPN or they needed to share some details on the computer. For LogMeIn, you just point them to a website, which is pretty easy, then put in your token, and you are connected.

You have to make a choice on how you want to use it. For us, the first setup, we did not agree with it, because we did not understand all the capabilities. Then, once we adapted it to our IT department, it was pretty easy. You just add the email addresses, and they will take their licenses and passwords, and you choose who is going to be the administrator and all that. It is very easy.

It is on the medium to high side. For us, it is worth it. For the amount of time they save us, it pretty much pays for itself.

We tried TeamViewer, but we had some issues with ports and things like that. Then, pcAnywhere needed a central server, and we did not see a need for a central server.

We evaluated others, but at that time, we just zero in on LogMeIn.

What other advice do I have?

Test it at a low scale, because it is an expensive product. Test it at a low scale for a month or two. After that, make the decision if it will work for you.

it_user799515
    Web Services Administrator at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees

• "With the product, I have never had an issue with it. I have never had to look up anything or call anyone."
    • "​The initial setup was straightforward and simple. We did not have any training. We just installed it and were able to use it right away.​"
    • "Has an easy way to remote on to a remote computer without having prior access to it."
    • "​The interface is not ​user-friendly. It looks a little outdated.​ I think the options are there. I think just the layout needs improvement.​"

How has it helped my organization?

When a client calls and has a computer that we have not been on before, because it may be new (or whatever) and they are having an issue, we can still remote on it and help troubleshoot.

What is most valuable?

The ability to have an easy way to remote on to a remote computer without having prior access to it.

What needs improvement?

The interface is not user-friendly. It looks a little outdated. I think the options are there. I think just the layout needs improvement.

No issues.

It is not limitless. It does exactly what we paid for. We could scale it if we wanted to pay more. So, I guess, it is upgradeable.

I have not had any issues requiring support.

We switched to LogMeIn because of features. At the time we switched, it was still free to a point. However, the product is good enough that we went ahead and started paying for it, even when, it was no longer free.

The main feature we switched for was how easy it was to have a client be able to connect to you.

The initial setup was straightforward and simple. We did not have any training. We just installed it and were able to use it right away.

Look at the different plans they have. Do not pay for a plan you do not need.

The pricing is a little on the higher side, though.

I do not remember evaluating any other options.

it_user793644
    IT Infrastructure Lead at a energy/utilities company with 51-200 employees
    We're able to share a user's screen, see exactly what's happening and diagnose issues

• "​Our favorite feature is being able to diagnose customers' problems by seeing them on the screen, rather than just over the phone."
    • "​The pricing, is a little on the high end but it's proven itself to be worth it for sure."

How has it helped my organization?

When we have a software product that we develop and support, and when customers phone in with issues, lots of times we struggle to determine the real issue, because they're just phoning it in. We use it to be able to actually share their screen, and see exactly what's happening.

Less than one year.

We've never had problems with it.

We really only use one user at a time. No, haven't had any problems there.

This is the first solution of its kind for us.

Very straightforward. Very easy to do for sure.

We use other LogMeIn products, so this was the only one we really looked at.

What other advice do I have?

It works really well. It allows us to see the problems on users' screens.

it_user790488
    Senior Technology Director
    Allows us to rapidly solve issues for our customers on a remote basis

• "It allows us to rapidly solve issues for our customers on a remote basis, regardless of the location of the customer."
    • "The desktop sharing allows our clients to demonstrate the issue they are having, and then allows us to provide remediation directly."
    • "I would like a single sign on for all of our (five) accounts so that I can immediately use an available seat. Right now, I have to try to log in with each account separately, in an attempt to find an available license that is not currently in use."
    • "I occasionally need to reboot my computer after using LogMeIn, due to an issue with IE. It stops responding to keyboard input every once in a while, after disconnecting from a session. A reboot resolves it."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily utilize this for remote assistance for our clients' workstations.

Three to five years.

I occasionally need to reboot my computer after using LogMeIn, due to an issue with IE. It stops responding to keyboard input every once in a while, after disconnecting from a session. A reboot resolves it. Other than that I have not experienced any issues.

Only the login issue mentioned previously.

I have not really taken advantage of technical support, other than the initial roll-out.

Yes, we switched because the other product was not staying current with the latest OS’s and browsers for support and compatibility.

It was pretty straightforward, if I remember correctly. The person I worked with walked us through everything and helped out from their end as necessary.

I don’t advise anyone on these subjects.

Yes, GoToMeeting, join.me. We actually purchased a combination of all of the products.

it_user790485
    Data Center Technician
    Quickly, easily connects clients to our triage techs, allows us to resolve issues quickly

• "We are able to quickly and easily get clients connected to our triage techs which allows us to resolve issues much more quickly, and with little stress."
    • "Being able to transfer files quickly and easily via the remote file manager."
    • "Ability to save a permanent remote connection, hold, and/or transfer."
    • "Support to remotely control more mobile devices' screens is desperately needed. It is sad to see how long this product has been out and how many phones are still not supported for, specifically, remote screen control."
    • "I do wish there was an application to manage all of the admin properties of the subscription, rather than having to use the web portal."

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to quickly and easily get clients connected to our triage techs which allows us to resolve issues much more quickly, and with little stress, to an already disrupted client.

What is most valuable?

• Availability to get users connected via link, email, or text
    • Being able to transfer files quickly and easily via the remote file manager
    • Ability to save a permanent remote connection, hold, and/or transfer

The reason we like all of these is related to our being as efficient as possible in taking care of our clients. Our client experience is the most important thing to us. We strive to improve lives through technology, and making things as easy and as efficient as possible. This product is extremely important to achieving this goal.

What needs improvement?

Support to remotely control more mobile devices' screens is desperately needed.  It is sad to see how long this product has been out and how many phones are still not supported for, specifically, remote screen control.

More than five years.

No issues, unless the client had a connection less than DSL or DSL that was experiencing an issue to where they were not getting their full speed at the time.

No issues.

We have hardly ever called technical support because the software is so solid.  The few times we have called were for non-technical issues, and support has always been American (please keep it this way) and able to answer and/or resolve any of our concerns quickly.

We used to use VNC or TeamViewer, but they are way too much of a burden to get average users connected remotely. They are not nearly as stable either, and have licensing limitations.

The initial setup of Rescue was mostly easy. I do wish there was an application to manage all of the admin properties of the subscription, rather than having to use the web portal, but other than that it is fine.

We don’t advise anyone about pricing or licensing, we only use this for our organization. Even our clients that are larger, that have their own internal IT departments, do not have a need for a product like Rescue.

As mentioned, we had been using VNC and TeamViewer, but there was no need to trial anything else once I recommended Rescue. Rescue is simply the best.

What other advice do I have?

This product is easily a 10 out of 10. To me, Rescue is the best in the business - the Cadillac of quick access remote software. Everything from the functionality of the product, options, efficiency, and innovation makes this the best.

I personally have used Rescue since about 2005. When I was hired at MapleTronics and they asked the techs if we knew of a good call center remote app for non-agreement clients, I quickly recommended Rescue.

If you have any questions, call support and they will go to the moon and back to make sure your questions and/or concerns are addressed. Other than that, just be aware of the limited number of mobile phones supported that can perform remote screen control with Rescue.

AO
    Director of IT at a retailer with 11-50 employees
    Enables me to remote reboot and reconnect without the end user; and I can run it as a console, see event logs through the utility itself

• "I can remote reboot and know I can reconnect automatically without having to have the end user log back in again."
    • "The ability to run it as a console when I log in. It thinks I'm there. It allows me to do file transfers. It allows me to see event logs through the utility, as opposed to having to open them on the client machine, so I can help troubleshoot unobtrusively."
    • "I wish this product was tied to a Help Desk package so I could manage tickets and have an infrastructure, with this being the primary tool to troubleshoot."

How has it helped my organization?

People no longer want to kill me. Meaning, with the amount of tools I have accessible to me through the product, there's less interaction needed with the end user. In other words, all I have to do is have them get that machine on the internet. After that, I can do pretty much everything else without having to have the user hover over the computer. I can remote reboot and know I can reconnect automatically without having to have them log back in again.

The ease of use from the IT perspective, and less cumbersome, less invasive experience for the end user.

What is most valuable?

The ability to run it as a console when I log in. It thinks I'm there. It allows me to do file transfers. It allows me to see event logs through the utility, as opposed to having to open them on the client machine, so I can help troubleshoot unobtrusively, at least as much as possible. Calling Card is nice. And I haven't used it yet but I'm really looking forward to using the iPhone feature.

What needs improvement?

My biggest complaint was iPhone, which they're steadily working on making better, which is great. As I said, I haven't had a chance to test it, but I'm really excited about it. Looks good. The iPhone support has been the Achilles heel for the longest time, because all of my users are on iPhones.

The only other issue that I occasionally have, and it's not necessarily LogMeIn's problem, is that if the end user is using Mozilla Firefox, instead of Internet Explorer or Chrome, they have to go to logmein123.com, they have to put in their code, then they download. Both Chrome and IE will go through the process of doing the little install app, whereas if the user is using Mozilla, it doesn't necessarily go as smoothly. You have to have them go find the download, and then manually launch it from their download bucket.

More than five years.

I'm very happy with it, otherwise I would have dumped it a long time ago. It's a very stable product. I like using it. It's no longer my primary, but it is my emergency backup system for other tools. I'm using ManageEngine now in my environment, so if for whatever reason that solution is acting up, LogMeIn is the backup. And LogMeIn is the primary for new hires and third-party support, where I have to login to computers to do whatever. So I love it. I will not get rid of it. It's a great product.

I have a small IT shop, I've no real need for the IT side, so to speak, to grow.

And then for the deployment footprint, it's really not all that big. I'm sure it's scalable, but I was supporting up to 300 computers with it, with only three technician licenses, at one point.

It's just very manageable. It's great to be able to do a handoff from one technician to another in the middle of a session, or bring someone in to help you out. In my opinion it's fine.

This might attest to the overall reason that I like LogMeIn so much: I don't think I've had a problem where I've had to call tech support.

The only problem I had - and it wasn't even a problem - was because I move from company to company. Once I go to the new company, I just resubscribe under that business name. Because I don't go in there that often, "Where do I change the logo?" You moved the thingy. "Where do I change the background?" That kind of stuff. It wasn't like, "Oh this is something broken. I need you to help." I've never had an issue like that. It's been rock solid.

I was using GoToMeeting, I was using LogMeIn, and I was using some other product. But LogMeIn gave me many more features than the other guys, so I went with the LogMeIn package.

I got onboard with LogMeIn because it was free at one point, LogMeIn Free. When I found out you can get all these other bells and whistles, services for individual accounts, I purchased. Then when LogMeIn Rescue came out, that was a no-brainer. I said, "Oh, I'm doing that." It was a progression of upgrades from very early on to what they are offering now.

Also, I went with it because of the ease of use for the user. It was less cumbersome to get them on support session through LogMeIn. The file transfer and the event log access was incredibly easy and, again, I did not need to engage the end user. As an IT person, you know what you're doing. You know what you need to get to the solution so they can move on with life. The end user doesn't necessarily want to know how to get into this, how to get into that, and have to help me help them. So the LogMeIn products, then and now, once I'm in I can do just about everything without really involving the end user, which is great.

The setup to get up and going was easy. The challenge was making the LogMeIn portal match, a little better, the business I would be with. So something like, maybe, changing the colors. I haven't even looked recently because I just don't do it anymore. You would get in there and you have every tool available to you under the sun to get it to work, but you almost had to be a little bit more on the developer side to be able to select the right color code for the background.

You couldn't select a photo for your logo and it would size it to what you needed. So if you put in the logo, it had to be 680 by 240 pixels, and no larger than this or that. That was kind of annoying. In this day and age, you should be able to allow me to pick, "Okay I want that one," and it should auto-size the thing. I should be able to click and drag. It should only take me 10 - 15 minutes to make a simple little splash page, wipe my hands of it, and move on with my life. So that would be a nice feature to make it better or easier.

I appreciate that they're giving me all the tools under the sun, but not everybody has a web developer in their IT staff that can sit there, or a graphic designer accessible, to make all those files just right, until it looks perfect. I've seen it done, but I don't have the time or the bandwidth or the patience to do that. So it would be nice to add some click and drag features to make the look and feel of the LogMeIn experience match the company color schema or motto or back screen or logos better, or whatever the customer wants to make it look like.

What other advice do I have?

The pro is, of course, that the end-user experience is about as easy as can be with this product. And from a technician point of view, it gives you so many tools to help diagnose that end machine, which is fantastic. To me, that was the biggest selling point. I can get in there and do my job and not have to harass the end user. And I can do just about anything with it remotely.

The only con that I would say is that I wish this product was tied to a Help Desk package so I could manage tickets and have an infrastructure, with this being the primary tool to troubleshoot. In other words, a user could submit tickets. Instead of LogMeIn123.com, it would be LogMeInTicket.com, something like that, to submit a ticket outside of a corporate umbrella, but it doesn't have to be tied to VPN. That would be a really nice feature, if this became something like a ManageEngine or half a dozen other different Help Desk software packages out there. It's such a great tool, I would go with that.

From my perspective and my experience, LogMeIn is already at a 10 out of 10. Everything else that I would like is just icing on the cake, it really is fluff. But to get in there and get the job done, do the support for the end user, I think it does a great job. I really do.

it_user779370
    Co-Founder
    It allows us virtually unlimited computers for remote access on Unattended

• "Being able to reboot computers into safe mode, when needed. That has come in handy in regards to IT troubleshooting."
    • "I would like to see a mobile client that would work on an iPad, so I do not always have to be on a PC or a full-blown Mac operating system."

What is most valuable?

1. Being able to reboot computers into safe mode, when needed. That has come in handy in regards to IT troubleshooting.
    2. We use "Unattended Access".

How has it helped my organization?

When we work with clients remotely, they usually always come back. They are recurring clients. So, it is real easy when we work with them, and we are using LogMeIn Rescue that we put LogMeIn Unattended on there. This allows us to remote into their computers or servers whenever they request speeding up the time to connect without having to send them a website and give them a code to get us in.

It allows us virtually unlimited computers for remote access on Unattended. Where with LogMeIn Pro, or any other product, you have to pay on a computer-by-computer basis. With Rescue, you are just paying per technician license, and there is no limit to the amount of computers you can have set up for Unattended. The majority of our clients, we set them all up that way: their servers and their computers. This way, we can get in, and there is no additional cost to us.

That is why we have been using it as long as we have. The fact that it is accessible from both Mac and PC comes in handy, because we can work from any platform into any platform.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a mobile client that would work on an iPad, so I do not always have to be on a PC or a full-blown Mac operating system. I would like it to have an iPad client, like their LogMeIn Pro has. Therefore, I can get into clients computers from my iPad. At the moment, I do not have that capability for providing IT support from an iPad.

It is been that way for a long time. I do not know if it is not a capability of their system, or if they just do not want to invest in it.

About 10 years.

For the most part, it has been stable.

I would say over the last year, we have experienced more crashes with it, or disconnects. It is tough to tell if that is related to just internet connections flaking out, or if it is something on their end. Definitely on the Mac side of things, like when High Sierra came out, it was not compatible. Then, prior to that, if I would disconnect any sessions, it would often freeze up LogMeIn Rescue on the Mac, then I would have to force quit it and restart it. I have not had to do that as much since High Sierra, but prior to that, that was pretty common.

Over the last year, we have had more stability issues than we have experienced previously, but it has not been a deterrent or hindrance. Just more of an annoyance when it happens.

No issues. You subscribe to however many technician seats that you want. I think we have seven or eight. Oftentimes, we are collaborating with multiple technicians on the same support call, so that is what really comes in handy, is that scalability of being able to invite another technician to pop in on the session, or to pass it over to a technician when want to hand it off to somebody else. So that is another great feature set that we use.

We rarely ever call them for support, but when we have, it has been very good. I would give them a 10 out of 10.

I am the one who made the decision to switch to LogMeIn Rescue, based on the Rescue Technician licenses. Prior to that, we were probably using whatever version of LogMeIn existed back then, their desktop client version, or we were probably using pcAnywhere.

It is very simple and straightforward. I think any IT professional could hop on and use it without needing much training whatsoever. It is not complicated at all.

The only downside is pricing. I think each technician license is somewhere around $100 or $120 a month now. So if you have a lot of technicians, it can get expensive, for a small business.

However, big businesses like Intuit use it to troubleshoot QuickBook support calls. You have small to enormous businesses that use this product. That probably says it all. If somebody like Intuit is using it, then it has to be fairly solid and robust.

No, I was at a small business technology trade show (one of Microsoft's S&B trade shows), and the uniqueness of LogMeIn Rescue pretty much sold itself. I do not recall if there were other products there. We have been using it ever since, and have not needed to look any further for anything else.

What other advice do I have?

I do not have any shortcomings with the product at all. It meets our exact needs for what it does and how we use it.

it_user776925
    Chief Information Officer
    Gives flexibility to be in more than one place at a time. However, if price is an issue, look elsewhere.

What is most valuable?

Ease of use: Ease of end parties being able to login into the software.

How has it helped my organization?

I am a one man support show. So, it gives flexibility to be in more than one place at a time. I could be working at seven people's desks from one location. That is pretty useful and helpful.

What needs improvement?

Lessen the cost of it.

I have been using it for 10 years.

Yes, it is very stable.

The more technicians I deploy, the more expensive it is.

I would rate the technical support as a 10 out of 10. They know their product. Whenever I call them, they help me get to where I need to go very quickly.

No previous solutions, but now I am also using TeamViewer and GoToMeeting for certain things. I am kind of diverse. I still have LogMeIn Rescue and I have to decide if I am going to renew it.

Initial setup was straightforward.

If price is an issue, look elsewhere, but they are robust in features.

For our company, great features, but too expensive. We are trying to keep costs down. If it were not for the cost issue, we would definitely stick with the product.

TeamViewer was one of the direct competitors.

What other advice do I have?

Do your homework.

it_user71904
    IT Manager, System Engineer, Consultant at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
    Provides a multi-operating system with multi-platform support

What is our primary use case?

I do remote support, and the ability to work. Once I am connected, I can keep working on it, so it seems to be consistent. Big companies are using it. It has been working great for us.

What is most valuable?

• It gives us the ability to connect to PCs through a firewall.
    • They provide a multi-operating system with multi-platform support.
    • We have never had any issues with it.

What needs improvement?

It used to be cheaper: LogMeIn used to be free and LogMeIn Rescue used to be cheaper.

The ability to log into PCs, MACs, and iOS to do On-Demand support for our software and troubleshooting is the big feature, but the disadvantage is the price.

8 to 9 years.

No issues. We have had multiple sessions running at one time with no issues.

No issues.

I do not think I have ever had to call tech support for LogMeIn Rescue.

We have never used another product.

You pay for subscription, you log in, and I actually had the agent running on my PC, so I could connect just double-click on LogMeIn. There were no setup issues.

It is fairly intuitive and I have used other products that are not quite as intuitive. The functionally works the way you expect it to, and everything is where it should expect to be.

They have raised their price so high on all their products, it has left room for competitors to come in.

Where I used to work, where I had five licenses (and more stuff), and two LogMeIn Centrals, I was downsized out of there six months ago. The pricing for LogMeIn Rescue is about $1250 a seat per technician and LogMeIn Central for 100 PCs is about another $1200. It would have cost me about $2500 to do this on my own, and I am afraid in the next three months, the LogMeIn Rescue product I have already replaced with a $200 solution. It is not as nice, but it works and for 80% less. Then the LogMeIn Central, in three months, I will be phasing out of that as well, because I will get the whole thing for under $300 that they are charging at least $2500 for.

LogMeIn used to be free. So it's gone from the free, to the paid, to the higher paid, to the very expensive, and they do not seem to care about retention. They have a premier product, no doubt in my mind. If I had my preference and I could afford it, I would be using it.

If I get a job with another company, a large organization, because of the pricing, I do not know if I could recommend it.

For doing remote support, this was the research we did for remote On-Demand support. This was really the only viable option at the time. We have been in it so long, now there are other options out there.

GoToMyPC was out there and some other ones were out there, but for On-Demand support, this was really the product. Microsoft and everybody else were switching to it. So, Microsoft had a tool, some other people had tools, and they have all dropped their tools for LogMeIn.

What other advice do I have?

It works.

It's the best product out there for support. The caveat is the price. You're paying for it. It is by far, probably, the premier product out there for support. The problem is, for a smaller organization, it has basically priced themselves out of the market.

it_user774171
    Owner
    ​It will save you money and time. It probably pays for itself in the first 60 days of use every year.

What is most valuable?

The ability to either send a link or have a client that is not managed; essentially, to be able to access them remotely.

How has it helped my organization?

A lot of our clients are in a 60 mile radius of our office. The ability to solve a problem in 10 minutes rather than roll out a truck makes a huge difference.

What needs improvement?

As a whole. I am still a little disappointed with the mobile side of it. Unfortunately, we just can't take over and manage a phone like we can a computer, and that would be really helpful.

The other thing is it would really be nice to be able to use the rescue console on an iPad or an iPhone, and I can't do that. You have to pay for it and we buy it. However, it is not as functional as the app that we use for desktops and servers. Just being able to chat with somebody on a cell phone is not all that helpful. I can call them and chat with them.

Stop and think about it. When I was reading the deal, it looked like we were going to be able to manage mobile devices or at least take them over and fix a problem, set up a mail account, or do something like that. Just being able to do a text chat with somebody, I can do that without the app.

Seven years.

It is a great product. No stability issues. No problems, no crashes.

We routinely have four to six sessions going, so no scalability issues.

I have only called them once, and it was to complain about a bill.

What happened is I could purchase it two ways. I could purchase it from my management console or I could purchase it direct from them. At the time, my management console was cheaper for what it offered, then they were directing me. I called to complain about that and they fixed it. That is the only time I have ever had to call them.

We picked Rescue because our management console ran LogMeIn Pro and that was just part of the offering which came with it. We were so happy with LogMeIn Pro that we added Rescue to service clients which we did not manage.

There was nothing hard about it at all, though you do need to have some skill.

Here is what I mean. A lot of times, because we basically are IT in-house that supports other people, some of our clients buy products and they can't keep straight where they are. They do not know whether they are dealing with their local computer or the remote computer. They get confused. You have to have enough skill to know which computer you are working on. This may be simple and straightforward, but not so much for someone who is not a computer person.

It will save you money and time. That is really what everything is about.

It's a little too expensive per license per year, but it probably pays for itself in the first 60 days of use every year.

We actually looked at several other options. We were so pleased with the LogMeIn Pro, which we were already using, that we just went ahead and did Rescue as well.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great product.

The reality is if you buy it to manage phones, you probably should not buy it. But if you buy it to manage computers, it will do just about anything you need to do. It will do anything you're capable of doing.

If you have got a computer that is not on the Internet, it does not do you a bit of good. You still have to go to that site. But you can do anything in LogMeIn that you can do sitting in front of a computer, if you are capable.